New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

Arcane Threads

X nods and smiles, inspecting the clothes and finding them to his liking. "Thank you, my dear sir. These are perfect." X wonders what Kaz'than meant about waiting a while...
    Avatar made by the extremely talented artist, smuchmuch

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hexblade View Post
    [Azik's Enchantments]
    X walks into the shop and greets Azik with a warm smile and a question. "Excuse me, I would like to know if I could buy a suit of armor. Nothing too fancy, I just want something to protect me. Preferably non-magical, but masterwork could be nice." He smiles and stares off into space while waiting for an answer.
    ((could you provide a description of your character? It'll affect the way Azik responds to him. If you need a description of Azik, I'll be happy to provide one))

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beach Party Parlour]

"I do like to dress up sometimes. I just haven't had many opportunities before we started dating," Sophie says, before kissing Trick on the cheek and disappearing into the changing room once more. She emerges, clad in the suit Trick chose and once more stretches, turning around to give a full look.
    [Beach Party Parlour]

"Very nice. Blue suits you, I think." Trick looks down at herself, "I think black is probably the only color that'd work well on me."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #93

[Azik's Enchantments]

((You can tell that he is about as tall as a human, but most of his features are concealed. From the sound of his voice, he is probably related to a human, but possibly an elf or fey. He has dark brown hair and Light green eyes.))

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie nods in agreement.

"Yes, I think it would go with your skin nicely. Do you want to try something on now?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Small Wonders]

"That would be the idea." He catches the bubble gently, giving a little nudge to send it floating up into the reaches among it's shining brothers. "And thus, what I need to see is your read of people. Or at the least some imagination." The other two he called down, he tosses to her, each holding a different image - a different person in the other stores.

One of them, the rather energetic fellow in Arcane Threads - the other, Trick, the demonic lady wandering the beach boutique, with another person beside her just out of frame.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #96

[Unsullied Bazaar]

The bazaar is buzzing with activity as Arlem looks around the shop. Most customers seem to be pondering what to buy from the various displays and from time to time the ethereal shopkeepers materializes to assist. There isn't much interesting to gather here besides the fact that the shopkeepers appear to communicating with other entities than simply the customers in their minds. It's a incomprehensible exchange of words that doesn't sound like speech at all as it's too fast. Like someone speed up the inner voice in your head by a lot.

Finally one of the beings approach them. "May I help you sibi?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Unsullied Bazaar]

That's annoying. Like it would only clear up a moment after you stop hearing it, but it never stops. Are they talking to each other, or something more distant? He watches carefully their materialization. Where's it to and from?
    "Ah'm wonderin bout yer goods an yerselves. Errything ere's jus an illusion, 'ow can ye know what i's gonna be like?"
    Not to mention that it is not clear what they sell at all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #98

[Unsullied Bazaar]

There is no obvious source. Unless Arlem can track teleportation they won't be able to see where they're coming as they simply appear out of nowhere in a burst of white energy.
    "We can materialize anything you see on our menu's, sabi." A illusionary menu appears next to the ethereal and it moves it's hand over until it comes across what is supposed to be a metal belt that can create force fields. Suddenly the belt on the menu appear in the ethereals hand. "Instant access to anything you like, no limitations."

9. - Top - End - #99

[Unsullied Bazaar]

Arlem nods, wide-eyed, at the materialized belt.
    Then he starts flipping through the menu, examining what's for sale.

"An' where's it all come'n from? An ye guys too, just popping out next ta people like dat. It's damn startlin', it is."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #100

[Unsullied Bazaar]

The menu is filled with gadgets that range from the practical such as portable teleporters, personal forceshields, "hard" illusion projectors etc. to the purely decorative such as intractable paintings, illusionary pets and "paint the world" painting colors. Whatever that is.

"A common reaction. There is no need to fear though. We have simply turned our merchandise into dijinic energy that can be stored like data files in our computers. Whenever someone purchases something we just turn it back into actual materials." The store keeper explains. "As for us, we are made up of this energy so we can appear and disappear just as our merchandise."

11. - Top - End - #101

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Ah'll take wonna these here-"
    Arlem points out a model of forceshield.

"-an this liddle guy here."
    One of the illusionary pets.

And for good measure, a set of "paint the world" colors. Surely they'll be useful someday.
    "'Dijinic? That ain't like da drink, are it?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Two humans have entered the store, and look around. One is dark-skinned, in colourfully striped robes and male. He has several pewter studs in his ears, hidden by his dark hair, and his fingers are covered in pewter rings. He appears to be unarmed. The other is female, paler though tanned, with short brown hair. She wears a pair of jeans and a chequered shirt under a leather sleeveless jacket bearing a skull on the back and the words 'Great Khans'. She has a 10mm pistol holstered at her waist, and moves dangerously.

They'll seperate slightly, looking for larger ranged weaponry. They are careful to always keep each other in line of sight, however.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Of course, that will be [medium sum for those items]. Cash or credit?" The cleric offers as it clicks on some buttons on its wrist panel.

14. - Top - End - #104

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Cash. Dun trust a sinnle bank in dese parts with mah money."
    Arlem opens a little pouch on his belt and counts out the sum in crude physical currency. The money is good if perhaps slightly encrusted with salt.

"Ya know, if'n is betta ta make yer mer-chan0dise appear in a white boom like dat instead puttin' it on shelfs, how come more stores ain't doin' it?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-09-10 at 02:25 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #105

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Other stores don't have the same capabilities as us and we're forbidden to sell certain technology to them due a trade agreement. We're just pleased that we can sell this so others may enjoy it." The clerk explains as it taps some more buttons on it's wrist control.

16. - Top - End - #106

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Humhp. Dat's jus' like the government, keepin' good [offensive slang noun] tied up in red tape. Bu' yeah, dis is a pree'y good place."

Arlem waits for his items to materialize.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #107

[Unsullied Bazaar]

After accepting the payment, which will disappear in a flash, the shopkeeper will press a few more buttons and suddenly the items ordered will appear packed in a plastic bag before Arlem. "We can transport them directly to your home with your permission and coordinates for no extra fee, sabi." The ethereal offers. It should be noted that the pet is actually a small handheld device in this form.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"I'm Dorota Brońska. A pleasure," the alchemist says, before continuing. "When creating potions for common use, I find direct consumption to be simplest and safest. As for the decay, I have not found any consistent pattern. Which is, in itself, troubling. Well, I suppose there is one emergent rule. The more magic-saturated a test subject was, the more likely it was to transmute instead of simply fall apart. But the substances themselves didn't appear to have a direct effect on the result. Maybe I simply don't have a large enough sample."
    In a way that made sense and some would call it a 'no-brainer' but that didn't mean it was useless information. There was a point where an air-fuel mixture would actively start to suffocate a fire rather than make it burn more intensely, after all. Resting her chin in one hand, the muse tried to think of any other questions that might be relevant but also not likely contained within the notes... Or at least what was expected to be contained within the notes at least. Maybe some probing as to that would be useful.. "What was your sample size, by the way?" she asked, more out of simple curiosity.

"And, though this question might be a little out of the immediate scope, here.. Would you have any suggestions as to where a beginner should start in terms of concoction complexity?" she asked. "That is to say, with no mind for potency, what would you suggest would be the best place one should start if they needed to learn the essential rigors of the craft?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"About a dozen," Dorota says. "Few enough subjects that I'd rather not draw conclusions. As for your other question..." She straightens her glasses on her nose. "It's best to start with potions that speed up or slow down natural processes, rather than introduce changes. For instance, a plant growth elixir. Or hair growth. Such substances tend to require few and simple transmutations to produce. And there's less of a chance of side effects."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Unsullied Bazaar]

After accepting the payment, which will disappear in a flash, the shopkeeper will press a few more buttons and suddenly the items ordered will appear packed in a plastic bag before Arlem. "We can transport them directly to your home with your permission and coordinates for no extra fee, sabi." The ethereal offers. It should be noted that the pet is actually a small handheld device in this form.
    "Nah thanks." Arlem grabs up the bag, looks inside, nods once and strolls out of the bazaar, there to look at the handheld device. How disappointing it seems like it will be.
    And this is going to be harder than he'd hoped.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurante Enchante

Jezebel leans back in her seat, head resting against the back wall of the booth as she waits for her guest to come and dine with her. She'd already taken the liberty of ordering herself water but hasn't touched it just yet. She's currently dressed in a pleasantly pale lavender gown, modeled after a toga, that leaves just enough of her torso bared to draw the eye. Despite usually being cal and in control she appeared a little nervous at the moment. She'd never met one of Cessie's friends before.

Well, not one that didn't want her dead.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurante Enchante]

Sakura keeps Jezebel waiting, unfortunately. She's a good fifteen minutes late when she comes rushing into the restaurant clutching a little girl with a cascade of flowery hair as long as the rest of her is. "Oh, Jezebel, hi." Sakura plops into the seat across from her. "I'm so sorry I'm late. Lucy wouldn't stop crying as soon as I left the room. I finally decided to just bring her. It'll save Adir some work. He's watching the rest of the kids." The dryad looks a tad ruffled overall. Her blue dress looks like it may have been sitting in a ball somewhere for a bit and her headscarf barely contains her flowery mane. "He's got his work cut out for him with the newborns on top, but they've been so well behaved so far. Not like this one." She sits Lucy on the table in front of herself, facing Jezebel. She is notably not one of the newborns, but she's not that much older either. Sakura really knows how to pop kids out, though she is notably not pregnant now. For a change.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurante Enchante

Jezebel gives a smile when Sakura shows up and she stands to offer her hand once Sakura's hands are free. "It's okay. I appreciate you showing up. I'm glad you decided to meet with me since I haven't met many of Cessie's friends." She admits. It wasn't the whole truth really. She'd met plenty of Cessie's friends. Just generally at gunpoint or blade point. Afterwards she sits back down and gives a small wave to Lucy. "Hello Lucy, I'm Jezzy." She tells the little girl before looking back up at Sakura. "Please, order anything you two like. It's on me. It is the least I could do for making you come all this way."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurante Enchante]

Lucy looks up at the new person with her big eyes. "Ah ga ga!" She points right at Jezzy. Sakura giggles and shakes Jezebel's hand. "She says hi. It's nice to meet you, too. I was pretty surprised when you called, actually. Cessie's talked about you some, though."

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Nah thanks." Arlem grabs up the bag, looks inside, nods once and strolls out of the bazaar, there to look at the handheld device. How disappointing it seems like it will be.
    And this is going to be harder than he'd hoped.
    "Have a good day." The shopkeeper replies before disappearing in a flash of light once Arlem is wandering out of the shop.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

[Azik's Enchantments]
    A young man teleports into the mall, a map in his hands to help him find the store he's looking for. The guy, a 20 year old who refers to himself only as "The Portal", looks mostly human but glowing white hair and eyes shows there's a bit more too him. He wears a green hooded cloak, a domino mask around the eyes, and white gloves, along with more normal pants and shoes. This was his costume, what he wore back when he was a C-List superhero on Earth, and he continues to wear it to remind himself of where he came from. He hesitantly enters the shop known as Azik's Enchantments, not really sure what to look for. I mean, the Portal had known about magic for a long time, it was the source of countless superheroes powers after all, but his powers came from a different source and he'd never dealt with it personally. But now he had joined the VIGIL organization, and with the demons who destroyed their original home base probably still gunning for them he needed a way to resist their corrupting touch. He begins searching for the owner of the store (who, according to the Mallside brochure he picked up on his way in, is a golem named Azik), making great effort not to disturb the many magical items on the shelves.

27. - Top - End - #117

Azik's Enchantments
    A young-looking elf with brown hair strolls in. "Why hello there, I would like to buy some armor. But, since there is always a catch, my requirements are... special. You see, I can shift. So I need armor that can shift with me, so I can keep it however many times I shift. If you can, I would like the same for other accessories such as a backpack, weapons, etc. etc. It could be a nice touch to allow them to meld into part of my form, becoming a form of natural armor or natural weapons, but it is OK if you cannot do this. As well, I could do with some magic items that could enhance my shifting capabilities. You can see my bio, whatever that means. Sorry if this is asking too much of you."

For Further Clarification:

Item.............................................. ... Notes
    Magical Armor...Becomes Natural Armor Upon Shifting Must Shift Alongside Shifter
    Magical Sword...Becomes Natural Weapon Upon Shifting Must Shift Alongside Shifter
    Magical Backpack Must Shift Alongside Shifter
    Magic Items To Enhance Shifting Abilities

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie nods in agreement.

"Yes, I think it would go with your skin nicely. Do you want to try something on now?"
    [Beach Party Parlour]

Trick's face darkens in that way Sophie will likely by now recognize as a blush, "Well, it's why we're here. Would you like to do the honors of picking something out for me to try on?" Her tail is moving from side to side, another thing Sophie will recognize by now. Is she upset? Agitated?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanKoopa View Post
    [Azik's Enchantments]
    A young man teleports into the mall, a map in his hands to help him find the store he's looking for. The guy, a 20 year old who refers to himself only as "The Portal", looks mostly human but glowing white hair and eyes shows there's a bit more too him. He wears a green hooded cloak, a domino mask around the eyes, and white gloves, along with more normal pants and shoes. This was his costume, what he wore back when he was a C-List superhero on Earth, and he continues to wear it to remind himself of where he came from. He hesitantly enters the shop known as Azik's Enchantments, not really sure what to look for. I mean, the Portal had known about magic for a long time, it was the source of countless superheroes powers after all, but his powers came from a different source and he'd never dealt with it personally. But now he had joined the VIGIL organization, and with the demons who destroyed their original home base probably still gunning for them he needed a way to resist their corrupting touch. He begins searching for the owner of the store (who, according to the Mallside brochure he picked up on his way in, is a golem named Azik), making great effort not to disturb the many magical items on the shelves.
    [Azik's Enchantments]

Azik is indeed standing behind the counter. He is a seven foot tall humanoid made up of black interlocking plates, though at the joints wooden fibers akin to muscles are visible. He has two fingers and a thumb on each hand, his eyes glow a steady green, and on his forehead is a symbol that looks like a stylized 'S' with a whorl at the upper edge.

"Hello sir. May I help you find something?" His face doesn't move much as he speaks, and he has no range of expression, but Azik has an interesting level of tone to his voice that gets across a certain level of curiosity about this new customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexblade View Post
    Azik's Enchantments
    A young-looking elf with brown hair strolls in. "Why hello there, I would like to buy some armor. But, since there is always a catch, my requirements are... special. You see, I can shift. So I need armor that can shift with me, so I can keep it however many times I shift. If you can, I would like the same for other accessories such as a backpack, weapons, etc. etc. It could be a nice touch to allow them to meld into part of my form, becoming a form of natural armor or natural weapons, but it is OK if you cannot do this. As well, I could do with some magic items that could enhance my shifting capabilities. You can see my bio, whatever that means. Sorry if this is asking too much of you."

For Further Clarification:

Item.............................................. ... Notes
    Magical Armor...Becomes Natural Armor Upon Shifting Must Shift Alongside Shifter
    Magical Sword...Becomes Natural Weapon Upon Shifting Must Shift Alongside Shifter
    Magical Backpack Must Shift Alongside Shifter
    Magic Items To Enhance Shifting Abilities
    [Azik's Enchantments]

Azik gives the list a look over for a moment, then sighs - a remarkably expressive thing for someone who doesn't actually breathe, "Well, here's a few problems with your request. First, if you wish for me to help you with your 'shifting', I need to be informed of what form of shifting you do. Are you a werewolf? A druid? A creature from the depths of khyber? A lovecraftian abomination? A super hero? A biomass shifter? A robot? A cannon emplacement? Details, please." And not one of those are farfetched in this crazy place known as the Nexus.

"Second, a weapon you actively have to hold to meld with a shapeshifted form is often simply unfeasible to meld with. It's much more effective, efficient, and inexpensive to utilize amulets or gauntlets that change to suit your new form rather than meld with you, and even then if you still wanted a meld it'd be cheaper for those than a sword."

"Third, have you considered a camping backpack? Assuming you're not attempting to transform into an ooze, the vast and powerful enchantments known as 'straps' can keep them it you perfectly well."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie sits down next to Trick.

"There's a lot of suits here I'd love to see you in. But why don't you tell me what has you so nervous? Aren't you comfortable trying them on? We could move to the back of the store so it's not in public."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-09-29 at 05:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Trick opens her mouth, looks about for a moment, and then will take Sophie's hand, give it a gentle squeeze, before whispering. "I'm, uh... feeling inadequate."