New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie squeezes Trick's hand back, looking at her with concern. Is that what it was all about?

"Inadequate... over your figure, you mean? You really don't need to be. I mean... I know the Nexus is full of big-chested women. And... well. I'm not the one to talk," she says, looking down at her own chest for a moment. "But you don't need to be curvy to be beautiful, sweetie."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-09-29 at 06:14 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Trick breathes in and out, trying to find the words for this, "I know. Believe me, I'm quite aware, it's just a sort of insecurity I've had for a long time. Even outside of the Nexus, I'm not exactly top-heavy, and that's a fact I've been eminently aware of since I turned thirteen. You hear about late bloomers, and I was hoping I'd be one. Aaaand it never really happened." She shrugs, "I came to terms with it. I look good in other ways. It's just when it gets brought up that I start to get agitated, and this whole venture does that." Trick sighs, "Emotions aren't always necessarily logical. It doesn't make any sense to me either."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie nods.

"I understand." She looks Trick over and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Well, I can't entirely blame you, I suppose. You would look pretty great with a bigger chest. It'd go well with your hips."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Trick looks down at her own chest, smiling, "You're cute to say that. If I really wanted them I could get them, I'm sure, but that almost feels like a cop-out at this point.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

"I think it'd be caving to other people's expectations of what you should look like first and foremost," Sophie says. "You are who you are, and that's no one's business but your own. And mine, I suppose," she adds, half-jokingly. "But I happen to like the way you look just fine," she finishes, winking and putting emphasis on the last two words.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Restaurante Enchante]

Lucy looks up at the new person with her big eyes. "Ah ga ga!" She points right at Jezzy. Sakura giggles and shakes Jezebel's hand. "She says hi. It's nice to meet you, too. I was pretty surprised when you called, actually. Cessie's talked about you some, though."
    Restaurante Enchante

Jezebel lets go of Sakura's hand to shake Lucy's finger gently if she'll allow her to do so. "And it's nice to meet her too." Jezebel says with sincerity before settling down in her seat with a somewhat weary sounding sigh. "I doubt all of it is good." She admits with a shake of her head. "I wish to change some of that, but that's not the sort of advice I find myself needing."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Trick smiles, and will give Sophie a quick kiss on the lips then, "Thanks, hon." then she breathes out, "Alright, why don't you pick out something for me to try on. anything you like."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie looks around the many and varied pieces of swimwear.

"This one looks interesting," she says, holding up a two-piece suit. "You should try it on."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Trick nods and takes the bikini, "Alright," and then heads into the dressing room. She'll come out after a moment dressed in it to show off for Sophie, and turns around a bit for her girlfriend to see. The tail means the bottom has to look up and over the extra limb with a hole to allow for it, but on the whole it looks pretty good. Black is definitely Trick's color.

"What do you think?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie looks Trick up and down... and then again. Rather shamelessly.

"You look ravishing," she says. "Black really goes well with you and it's great to see your muscles on display."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Azik gives the list a look over for a moment, then sighs - a remarkably expressive thing for someone who doesn't actually breathe, "Well, here's a few problems with your request. First, if you wish for me to help you with your 'shifting', I need to be informed of what form of shifting you do. Are you a werewolf? A druid? A creature from the depths of khyber? A lovecraftian abomination? A super hero? A biomass shifter? A robot? A cannon emplacement? Details, please." And not one of those are farfetched in this crazy place known as the Nexus.

"Second, a weapon you actively have to hold to meld with a shapeshifted form is often simply unfeasible to meld with. It's much more effective, efficient, and inexpensive to utilize amulets or gauntlets that change to suit your new form rather than meld with you, and even then if you still wanted a meld it'd be cheaper for those than a sword."

"Third, have you considered a camping backpack? Assuming you're not attempting to transform into an ooze, the vast and powerful enchantments known as 'straps' can keep them it you perfectly well."
    ((I basically can become anyone I have studied for a length of time. If you check my bio, there is a bit more information on it. I would like something that would just disappear when I don't use it, so I don't turn from a hulking warrior to a caster with a giant suit of armor and a blade way too big for me. It doesn't really need to become natural armor, just disappear when I don't need it, perhaps being stored in a different dimension like some spells can do. Actually, if I can do that, I don't really need a backpack.))
    Avatar made by the extremely talented artist, smuchmuch

12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"About a dozen," Dorota says. "Few enough subjects that I'd rather not draw conclusions. As for your other question..." She straightens her glasses on her nose. "It's best to start with potions that speed up or slow down natural processes, rather than introduce changes. For instance, a plant growth elixir. Or hair growth. Such substances tend to require few and simple transmutations to produce. And there's less of a chance of side effects."
    A nod of understanding preceded yet another of what might seem to be an endless barrage of questions. "A solution designed for plant life, you said?" she began, her interest being taken by the first overt mention of practical application. "Now.. Would that be more akin to fertilizer or would it create visible results in a brief window of observation? ..And since we were speaking of side effects just now, how safe would it be to consume said vegetable matter after an application of a given solution given how more mundane chemicals can be transferred by consumption such as some pesticides or heavy metals from aquatic life in polluted areas?" she asked. To her it seemed like a legitimate concern given that they were on the subject of contamination, after all.

Besides, it was unlikely that one wanted to turn into a four-armed slug after biting into one too many apples one day or something.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"That's a good question," Dorota says. If Riss's questions bother her, she certainly isn't showing it. "The method isn't supposed to adversely affect the plants. But eating them isn't advisable during the early experiments. They do work more quickly than most fertilizers."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [b][Azik's Enchantments]

Azik is indeed standing behind the counter. He is a seven foot tall humanoid made up of black interlocking plates, though at the joints wooden fibers akin to muscles are visible. He has two fingers and a thumb on each hand, his eyes glow a steady green, and on his forehead is a symbol that looks like a stylized 'S' with a whorl at the upper edge.

"Hello sir. May I help you find something?" His face doesn't move much as he speaks, and he has no range of expression, but Azik has an interesting level of tone to his voice that gets across a certain level of curiosity about this new customer.[Azik's Enchantments]
    "Uh yes, yes you can" says the Portal, clearly uncomfortable, "I don't usually do magic, but I am in need of an... enchantment? amulet? Something that will protect me from demon corruption. Do you have anything like that?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Restaurante Enchante

Jezebel lets go of Sakura's hand to shake Lucy's finger gently if she'll allow her to do so. "And it's nice to meet her too." Jezebel says with sincerity before settling down in her seat with a somewhat weary sounding sigh. "I doubt all of it is good." She admits with a shake of her head. "I wish to change some of that, but that's not the sort of advice I find myself needing."
    [Restaurante Enchante]

Sakura shrugs. She knows all about it, and not from Cessie. Jezebel likely doesn't know that Sakura was... kinda in Watch back then. "It doesn't matter, really. I trust Cessie more than I trust anyone." And Jezebel has Cessie's vote of confidence. "But yeah, advice? You mentioned that over the phone." Lucy 'shakes' Jezebel's hand, though she's off trying to crawl to the edge of the table immediately after. Sakura is quick to snatch her up and pull her back, though!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurante Enchante

Jezebel is silent a moment as she passes over a menu to Sakura, seeming to already know what she wants. "I..." She starts, sighing as she looks at her glass of water and reaching out to pick it up, giving it a little swirl as she does so. "I've rarely dealt with children and I find myself with two of my own. My son is mine biologically, but the girl...I guess you'd say she's a clone or a copy of me." She explains, sighing again before taking a sip of her water and setting it aside. "They both have certain needs I'm trying to fulfill, medically that is, but I simply don't know how to acclimate them or act around them. My son is essentially seven or eight while my daughter is only three or four. The latter is finally starting to walk again after being brought to the Gardens but she doesn't speak at all. I don't know how to get her to."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurante Enchante]

Sakura puts aside the strange parts of this and focuses on the important part. "Well, I don't think I can just tell you what to do or anything like that, but I don't think you need to worry too much. Just wanting to do the best you can is a lot. If you care, you can't go too wrong." Sakura gives her a reassuring smile. "Just make sure you give them the attention they need. They're priority number one when they need something. It's gonna interfere with a lot of other things in your life, but it's very rewarding."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hexblade View Post
    ((I basically can become anyone I have studied for a length of time. If you check my bio, there is a bit more information on it. I would like something that would just disappear when I don't use it, so I don't turn from a hulking warrior to a caster with a giant suit of armor and a blade way too big for me. It doesn't really need to become natural armor, just disappear when I don't need it, perhaps being stored in a different dimension like some spells can do. Actually, if I can do that, I don't really need a backpack.))
    ((Thing is, it's poor form to refer directly to the Bio in-character. Azik is asking in character, so I'd prefer if you respond in-character, please.))
    [Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie looks Trick up and down... and then again. Rather shamelessly.

"You look ravishing," she says. "Black really goes well with you and it's great to see your muscles on display."
    [Beach Party Parlour]

Trick blushes and smiles, "Glad you like it. With red skin like this, it can be hard to get a good looking combination of colors; the only ones that seem to work are black, brown and muted greens."

Quote Originally Posted by RyanKoopa View Post
    "Uh yes, yes you can" says the Portal, clearly uncomfortable, "I don't usually do magic, but I am in need of an... enchantment? amulet? Something that will protect me from demon corruption. Do you have anything like that?"
    [Azik's Enchantments]

"As a matter of fact, that's a relatively common request. I do my best to keep something like that on hand at all times." The adamantine man reaches below the counter, rifling through what sounds like boxes, before standing up with a round amulet with a blue swirling pattern on it, "This amulet has two primary functions. The first is that it will cancel out any effects of mind control on the person wearing it, preventing them from being controlled at all. the second is a resistance against the abilities of fiends, corruption included. Keep in mind, both of these can be powered through by an effect of sufficient strength, but they'll give you a shield against those sorts of problems."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party Parlour]

Sophie examines Trick, deep in thought. And ogling. But also thought. She can multi-task pretty well.

"Have you ever tried dark purple? It seems like it might fit."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

[Azik's Enchantments]
    "Alright that's awesome!" The Portal replies, carefully scrutinizing the amulet placed on the counter in front of him. Now comes the hard part. The Portal is a recent arrival to the Nexus, so recent that he isn't really sure what the local currency is. He knows that people from countless other worlds fall into the Nexus all the time so they are certainly familiar with many currencies, but did anyone else actually come from Earth? For that question, he had no answer. A wallet materialises in his hand, filled with American cash. "Uh how much is it?" he asks, moving the wallet onto the counter "do you um... do you accept US dollars?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Restaurante Enchante]

Sakura puts aside the strange parts of this and focuses on the important part. "Well, I don't think I can just tell you what to do or anything like that, but I don't think you need to worry too much. Just wanting to do the best you can is a lot. If you care, you can't go too wrong." Sakura gives her a reassuring smile. "Just make sure you give them the attention they need. They're priority number one when they need something. It's gonna interfere with a lot of other things in your life, but it's very rewarding."
    Restaurante Enchante

Jezebel gives a weary sigh after a bit. "Interfere...more along the lines of entirely restructuring it. I used to be extremely social before this. Now I find that this is perhaps the only time away I have." She admits, staring into her glass of water. "I don't know how Cessie can stand being alone and raising kids. I'm surrounded by people and I feel even more lonely than I ever have before. I don't know how she does it."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurante Enchante]

Sakura purses her lips just a bit. She thinks Cessie should spend more time with her kids, but that's besides the point. "Cessie's pretty comfortable being on her own most of the time. Not that I let he be alone too much." She smiles. "It should get better when the kids are a bit older, though. Laela already needs less constant attention. It'd be harder to handle the little ones otherwise."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurante Enchante

"They aren't too needy, I find."
    Jezebel admits with a small sigh as she takes another drink before swirling her glass to make it clink. "They're plenty independent and they have others to help keep them busy, but it no longer feels...it doesn't feel right to just leave them alone too long. I wasn't there for Sergei's earliest years and I didn't even know Ariel was around before I brought her back. " She explains. It sounds like there's more bothering her than just that, but she doesn't divulge it just yet.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurante Enchante]

"I think that's fine. You wanna be there to care for them. I definitely know how that feels." Sakura smiles encouragingly. "You just gotta accept that you're gonna have a lot less free time, though. There's always conflict between wanting to be with them and needing time for yourself. I won't say it's always easy, but I think you'll be just fine."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"That's a good question," Dorota says. If Riss's questions bother her, she certainly isn't showing it. "The method isn't supposed to adversely affect the plants. But eating them isn't advisable during the early experiments. They do work more quickly than most fertilizers."
    Riss nodded as she raised a hand to her chin. "So it would be recommended to treat the additives not unlike a potent pesticide in this case until enough time has passed or at least some process is used to extract the substance from it?" she asked, looking for a place to draw a working analogy. Certainly every analogy broke down somewhere but they were useful tools to be understood with.

"What about application in this case, assuming that the end product is to be consumed? Would it be best to simply use an infusion of such during the time that a plant is still a seed to accelerate initial growth and simply use normal fertilizer afterwords or would small, measured doses be more efficient while limiting ill effects on the consumer?" the muse asked. Certainly it made sense to her that some kind of moderation should at least produce a usable end product in this specific case.. Though, at the worst, she could always just turn to making the end result of these kinds of experiments into bio-fuel or somesuch. Not quite the source of energy she preferred but it would be a shame to waste it.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance

Copi arrives, presumably followed by two others. "Now, I assume we're both thinking about Azik," Copi says to Jace, "He's likely the most reliable person to ask. And he typically does identifications free of charge, last I knew."

She does not comment on the small crowd of emus in Hawaiian shirts hanging out in the nearby food court. They're not causing any trouble, but they're giving the stink eye to a nearby four-foot-tall blob of what appears to be green ooze in a bowtie. Also apparently not worth mentioning is the mattress on the ground nearby, underneath a very bored looking person who's stuck on the ceiling.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Treating them in a similar way you would pesticides can work," Dorota says with a nod. "Caution is advised in any event. Now, the latter is an interesting question... I'm not sure which way would be more efficient. I haven't made in-depth enough experiments. I usually default to adding a few doses in the initial stages of growth. I haven't tried a different dosage."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurante Enchante

Jezebel is silent for a few minutes, mulling over Sakura's words. "I know I will likely adapt in time, but I'm not sure I want to." She says with a slight frown. "Not because I don't want to spend time with them, that's not it." The woman adds, quickly trying to clarify. "I don't know if I've ever mentioned it to Cessie, but despite all the people around me, I tend to be alone more often than not. Maybe not in a physical sense, but still alone. You might have heard the phrase that it is lonely at the top, and a few years ago I might not have believed it to be true. It is though. I potentially have all of eternity before me and yet I can't help but wonder if I'll end up an old spinster by the end of it all. Men...women...I've had a lot of relationships, but after retrieving the two children I can't help but feel like it was all shallow. It might have been or might not, but I can't imagine having such a lifestyle any longer and now it all feels...not quite empty, but close. The last thing I want to do is to get used to that feeling."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Jace shrugs. At some point his familiar has crawled out of his hood to curl lazily around his neck and shoulders.
    "I was honestly being rather general, but he's very good at what he does, yes." he admits, ignoring the crowd around them completely.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Jace and Copi will find that introducing Selty to the mall is perhaps more trouble than expected. Specifically, she's kind of inwardly freaking the hell out. She clearly has no idea what's going on with all these lights, the strange people, the paved roads, the cars. Given normal dirt was strange to her, perhaps this should be expected. As it stands, though, she looks like she's about ready to bolt with how panicked she is, and the presence of Zebes isn't helping matters. Likely the fact that she doesn't have anywhere else to go helps keep her steady - but she's still clinging to her lantern like it's a life raft in a storming sea.