New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

Entrance

Copi turns to Selty, having noticed the woman's stress. "Would you prefer if we didn't do this? You are going to have to get accustomed to culture shock, but if you'd prefer to take a rest after this particular shock, it'd be reasonable."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

"... Is there somewhere I can rest?" Selty asks, still looking about with great concern.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Treating them in a similar way you would pesticides can work," Dorota says with a nod. "Caution is advised in any event. Now, the latter is an interesting question... I'm not sure which way would be more efficient. I haven't made in-depth enough experiments. I usually default to adding a few doses in the initial stages of growth. I haven't tried a different dosage."
    The muse nodded, noting that as something she would need to try.

"I believe that I might have only questions that can be clarified by your notes or my own experiences now." she said after a moment's more consideration. "However.. Your experience in the matters.." she began, hesitating to complete what she was about to suggest given how it wasn't really something she liked doing in the first place. Still, it wasn't as if she hadn't been trying to at least get over a bit of her aversions before now and at least this would end up being somewhat productive..

"I feel might be useful in more than just an exchange of findings... Would you.. Consider the possibility of collaboration if I were to supply substances and subjects on which to test?" she asked, the twitching of the end of her tail being the only real sign of anything beyond the rather impersonally professional front she had been maintaining until now.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Jace shrugs.
    "Anywhere that isn't occupied." he says, gesturing towards a nearby empty bench.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Entrance]

From the street, a strange sound can be heard. Somewhere between a clanking and a sloshing sound. "No, no you stupid fish!" you might hear "You KNOW which way we are supposed to be going! We literally we're just told th- oh, don't you start this again..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    I wonder how big something has to be before it gets its own weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Dorota looks at Riss over her glasses, slightly surprised.

"An interesting suggestion. I do have a lot on my mind right now, but it could benefit my own research. What substances and subjects do you have in mind?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Selty will go to sit down on the bench, holding her head with her elbows on her knees, clearly not dealing with all this well. They may even realize she's suffering from overstimulation, given the slightly green tinge of her skin and a small amount of shaking.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Entrance]

The loud (and somewhat unsettling) noise reaches a peak as a... thing... comes round the corner. It appears to be a large glass bowl, with metal treads and a cannon attached. It is full of water, a medium sized carp, and a fellow in an outfit that looks suspiciously like a hessian sack that wished it was a nice suit.

Spoiler: The joke:
    Show
    It's a fish tank.

The whole lot stops arguing momentarily as it rolls up to the women on the bench. "Mornin'!" says the man in a manner of a kindergarten teacher trying very, very hard to be excessively friendly. "My, uh, colleague and I," at this point he waves vaguely towards the fish "We found the Nexus Mall a few hours ago and seem to have, uh, well, we seem to have lost it since then. You wouldn't happen to know where it is by any chance?"
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mallside]

A tall particular-looking woman can be seen wandering around mallside, looking between the different stores. Though she lacks wings she is covered from head to toe in a soft layer of fiery red feathers that only occasionally breaks off into golden yellow or orange. On top of her head they break into a crest that's slicked back into a busky horse-like mane of feathers. The only parts of her which aren't covered in feathers is her face, her hands and feet which reveals crimson red skin to be underneath it. Her eyes are smoldering golden yellow, giving off a faint glow even in the lit up concourse of the mall. She is wearing light blue clothes, with a long skirt from where what appears to be flaming tail-feathers stick out from, almost dragging on the floor thanks to the skirt.
    Now if she could only find a store where she could start...

10. - Top - End - #160

[Small Wonders]

The store is dark besides the sign, buzzing neon coiled into the word 'open'.

But there are shadows in the windows - Mannequins dressed in eclectic rags, a crushed velvet hat here and a gold-chased watch here, and polished adornments that gleam in the lights creeping in from outside. An old mirror with a frame of woven silver. A sword, struck through the shell of some ancient turtle, the hilt wrapped in black silk and the pommel set with black diamonds. A mask made of seashells, the edges worn down sharp and thin.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #161

[Small Wonders]

Seemed like one of those weird nexus shops. Oh who was she kidding? Everything in the nexus was weird so she might as well start with the weirdest thing first and then work her way down. She was pretty sure she wouldn't buy anything here. Magic did not play well at home.
    The young woman slams the door open and starts looking around inside, suddenly wishing she had her friends with her. This crazy stuff would be so much funnier if she wasn't going around alone.

12. - Top - End - #162

[Small Wonders]

It's more of a mess than a shop.
    The shelves are full to overflowing, and cardboard boxes fill the corners, piled high with endless dusty things. Things with eyes. Ancient funerary masks of wood and gilt, rusted suits of armor standing vigilant, earthen bowls embossed with leering faces, and dead things preserved behind glass - the shop stares down at her from all its jumbled roosts. The acrid smell of mothballs fills the gloom.

And sitting behind the counter, his boots propped up on the glass top, is an exceptionally old man. His skin is the color of wax, blotted with spots of black like scorched paper. Hands like withered claws. A nose that's more a beak. Black teashades, and from behind them, fire, a terrible orange glow spilling out from behind the darkened glass, shining against the brass frame. "May I help you?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-11-23 at 09:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

[Small Wonders]

What a dusty old place, a death trap waiting to happen. Would be closed off in a blink of an eye back home. She looks amused at the mess around her when she's suddenly being addressed.
    She turns around and smirks as she sees the old man. Exactly like in the stories.
    "Just looking around really." The teenager shrugs but suddenly get's an idea. "All this stuff is magic, right?" She gestures around the shop. "Anything that would make a good gift? Thanksmas and all you know?" Hehe...

As she looks at the man she might suddenly gain sudden insight in something about him. Whatever it might be is up to his player.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-11-23 at 10:13 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Small Wonders]

But then again, she might not.

"Depends. For the right sort of person, we've got the right sort of gift. And yes. Magic." He grins, a crack of yellow teeth bringing life to his pale, worn face. Swinging his feet down from the counter, the shopkeeper leans forward. "May I ask who you're looking for?"

15. - Top - End - #165

[Small Wonders]

Nothing from him. Strange.
    Though she guessed that was sort of expected from mystery shops like these.
    "Just a girl in my class." She replies innocently. "My best friend. She really loves magic so I figured I'd buy something for her while I'm here." She should really stop now and leave since this could go wrong in so many ways, but she had to see what was offered at the very least.

16. - Top - End - #166

[Small Wonders]

"Oh." It's a small, sharp little exclamation, and the man chuckles. He nods his head to the shelf behind the girl. "The heart box." A chintzy little trinket. Porcelain vines, not even proper china, creeping over steel polished to a mirror's sheen.

"That's the kind of gift you want for a girl who has everything."

17. - Top - End - #167

[Small Wonders]

"Really now?" She turns to look at the trinket. Innocent-looking enough, perfect. "What does it do exactly?" She doesn't want to touch it yet, perhaps she'd get a surge of inspiration looking at it?

18. - Top - End - #168

[Small Wonders]

"You don't really want to know that, do you?" He flicks through a wicker box on the countertop, fingers counting over keys, countless little keys. The one he finally takes is old and bone-handled, half given to rust already. "Let it be a surprise. All the best things in life are surprises."

19. - Top - End - #169

[Small Wonders]

"What? Of course I want to know." The girl insists. "What's the point of buying something if I don't know what it does?" She argues, one of her feathers suddenly combusting in a small burst of flame, turning into ash.

Still no insight into any of these things? What was the point of having this power if it didn't work?

20. - Top - End - #170

[Small Wonders]

He pauses, and leans forward across the counter, crooking a claw to pull his glasses down - only a fraction of an inch. The eyes behind are like coals, burrowed down into heavy, sagging rings of dark exhaustion, the surface of the flame dotted with cataracts like sunspots. "No, I mean, you'll want to be surprised. Never be the only one smiling." That nasty grin again. "Want it gift wrapped?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-11-25 at 12:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

[Small Wonders]

The teenager blinks. What was with this guy? "H-hey! I don't even know how much that thing costs! What if it's cursed or something?" She asks somewhat hesitantly.

22. - Top - End - #172

[Small Wonders]

"Do you see a price tag on it?" He works neat and efficient despite his trembling hands, folding the box into a wrapper of waxy brown paper and binding it with a black ribbon, hunching down to use his teeth as he ties it up in a bow. "Most people need one, afraid of getting something for nothing. But they'll take a deal. They'll take a deal so cheap it seems like robbery because people want to win one over on the mean old man. Everybody wants to be clever."

"But for the genuinely clever? For those in on the joke, no charge." He threads the key through the bow, and pushes it towards the girl. "Just don't be the one to open it."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-11-25 at 03:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

[Small Wonders]

The teenager stares at the item. Had she crossed a line here? The guy was giving it away for free. "I... how bad is it?" It was pretty clear the guy knew what was going on here. "Will she die? Be tortured?"

24. - Top - End - #174

[Small Wonders]

His look tells her, without a moment of doubt, she shouldn't have asked. The little snort of disdain that shakes his ancient frame reeks of injured pride. "It's nothing classless, no. This is for a high school rival. So it contains all the miseries of high school."

25. - Top - End - #175

[Small Wonders]

"Okay." The student states as she slowly puts her hand behind the wrapped box and pushes it over to her. That's when she get's a sudden insight, not the magical kind but she knew one thing or two about misery, this person, entity or whatever probably feed on it. Why else would he give away something like this? Or was he simply being a gigantic troll? She guessed if you were magic and had no need of money, perhaps you could spend all your days just trolling everyone walking into your store for no reason.

She knew she at least would want to see their expression when it happened. But maybe this dude was just that hardcore he didn't even need that. So maybe it was best to just leave the store before she became the next target. "Uh... I should be going." She then hurries out of the store, hoping to Ibis that the door would open.

26. - Top - End - #176

[Small Wonders]

It does open.

Just the other way from when she came in.

And the man laughs as she goes.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Outside Small Wonders]

"Good morrow sir slash madam!" says the rather... unique individual standing outside. That is, standing outside, in a rather large fishbowl on steel treads. "How are you this fine morning and/or evening?"

28. - Top - End - #178

M'usic Imporium

Someone's walking into the music store, and he just might look familiar to Mil. Aiden has his hands in his pockets, coat lazily following him as he steps through the entrance and his eyes immediately go over to the selection of guitars.

"Ah, I should've figured this place wouldn't have anything like my old axe, but it was kinda fun to hope, you know?" he says to the person following him in.

29. - Top - End - #179

M'usic Imporium

Indeed he does look familiar to Mil. Mil is behind the counter today, trying on a new eyepatch. He stops adjusting that and smiles at Aiden.

"Ah, Aiden. Nice to see you again. How is your cafe going?"

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    M'usic Imporium

Someone's walking into the music store, and he just might look familiar to Mil. Aiden has his hands in his pockets, coat lazily following him as he steps through the entrance and his eyes immediately go over to the selection of guitars.

"Ah, I should've figured this place wouldn't have anything like my old axe, but it was kinda fun to hope, you know?" he says to the person following him in.
    M'usic Imporium

"Well, I imagine it would be hard to replicate perfection. But nah, hope's always fun, I agree." Catherine replies, looking around. On the way over, she had taken the time to put on her own leather jacket. It's no where near as cool as Aiden's, but she pulls the look off well. She's just full of contrasting colors, from her iridescently silver hair, wings, tail, and her black jacket and pants. She looks around the store with her vertically slit -- also silver -- dragon-y eyes, mumbling that "Wonder if they have sticks."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.