New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVIII: Draenor was merely a setback

I'm reasonably sure Traab is specifically objecting to the pandaren PCs being new to Panderia; saying they needed to justify it since it was the case is dodging his point.

And as for what else they could have done, going just by things they established a precedent for doing, they could have established a panderen starting area on the edge of the continent with high-level enemies just outside it, two zones going from level 1 to 20 with quest chains ending in "now you're going to bring back the Alliance or the Horde to help us here" (mimicking what they did for blood elves), or they could have established in backstory that these panderens had left the continent in a ship of some kind to find aid in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms (mimicking what they did for draenei).
    Last edited by Kish; 2015-08-14 at 11:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122

Or your starting area could be a phased version of the horde/alliance starting spot of pandaria, you choose to aid one of the sides, and old whats his face, the guy who shows up when the sha starts taking over sends you to see if the horde/alliance is telling the truth about what they want. When you hit the right level you get summoned back "to make your report" and can move on with the pandaria expansion.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Or your starting area could be a phased version of the horde/alliance starting spot of pandaria, you choose to aid one of the sides, and old whats his face, the guy who shows up when the sha starts taking over sends you to see if the horde/alliance is telling the truth about what they want. When you hit the right level you get summoned back "to make your report" and can move on with the pandaria expansion.
    Agreed, but then they'd have had to change a lot of the dialog in the subsequent zones which made it clear that you were a stranger in a strange land. There is some panda-specific dialog (amounting to "oh, you're one of those"), but they eventually get to "this is a strange and exotic land with strange and exotic things, so go pick some onions".

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Recently resubbed again to prepare for legion (read: amass a LOT of gold), and discovered a wee bit of a problem.

I can only play monks... it's the only class I find fun. I have a hunter, pally, shaman, lock, and rogue at 90+ with a warrior and priest at 60+ and I can't stand to play them for more than 10 minutes before switching to one of my 4 monks (all on different realms/factions).

Blizzard, please do good on Demon Hunters so I can have more than 1 class
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #125
    Spamalot in the Playground

Can Worgen be monks yet? I'd renew for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #126

Hah, I have had that happen before. Suddenly it seems like no class is any good anymore except for one. For the longest time for me it was blood spec deathknights. I just enjoyed rampaging around as them. I also had a number of classes that I got to high levels then didnt touch for a few expansions. My shaman, my first character, my raid character, I stopped playing him halfway through WotLK and didnt touch him again till pandaria. I forget why, I think they made some changes to the class I just didnt enjoy, but whatever. A lot of my characters got abandoned an expansion or two ago that I didnt really play again till panda land. I think my mage was the most annoying to max out. Everything just takes so long to DIE in pandaria unless you have high end gear. Quest gear gained from clearing zones solo doesnt cut it. Relearning my warlock was also a pita, he got abandoned in early wotlk.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

So apparently doing the Skettis apexis quest triggers a Shadowmoon invasion... o-okay... i'm not sure why that wouldn't trigger like, an Arakkoa invasion but... kay...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Patch 6.2.2 slated for Sept 1st release

Least I still have a couple weeks to catch up on Draenor Pathfinding.

Also really happy about the legendary ring catch up mechanics. Particularly since I still need to do the 300 elemental runes part.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2015-08-20 at 02:50 AM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Patch 6.2.2 slated for Sept 1st release

Least I still have a couple weeks to catch up on Draenor Pathfinding.

Also really happy about the legendary ring catch up mechanics. Particularly since I still need to do the 300 elemental runes part.
    What I'd really like is an increased Tome drop rate for alts. I've got 4 alts that I haven't started the last leg with and not sure if I can be bothered to complete it at this point.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

The last patch felt like

Dear Alts,

F*** you.

Love,

Blizzard Entertainment
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

11. - Top - End - #131

Why? What did they do?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Why? What did they do?
    I got burned out doing the shipyard on everyone, the only thing to do is run around in tanaan and fill up those damn bars. Juggling three garrisons got to the point I just got sick of it and now I barely do my main's garrison. I dropped my gathering professions in 6.1 because there was STILL no point and now I need gathering professions and more running around in the jungle.

The timewalking feature was interesting but I only have time to do them on my main and it's almost never available when I have time to play (or it's pvp or battle pets), I have no idea how mythic 5-mans ended up working out. The 660 stuff isn't really good enough to step into normal hellfire on an alt so getting a break from tanking by raiding with another group is out, but I've mostly stopped doing that because I tend to have terrible luck when it comes to finding groups. Doing all that crap to try and keep my alts usable in case we need a healer doesn't really have a point because we're having issues finding a reliable second tank who actually wants to tank. 6.2 just added a ton of stuff that I don't want to do on more than one character, so my alts are now gathering dust. Also, the new legendary drop is random, so I probably won't be getting that on either of my alts.

The raid mechanics after the first two bosses seem to have gone up a step in basic complexity, and some of the people we run with just can't seem to cope. Alternatively nobody else is playing that much so people's skills are going down the drain. The fights so far aren't really "fun". A number of people appear to have stopped playing. I don't think I can stand another year or even six months of this, I actually cancelled my subscription renewal and will be evaluating how much I want to continue playing WoW over the next couple weeks.

Maybe things will turn around. My wife suggested we roll alts on a more populated server but she doesn't seem to actually want to work on them.

Alternative solution: find a different group that I don't have to run and organize.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2015-08-21 at 05:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    I dropped my gathering professions in 6.1
    I still don't understand why people did this. Okay yeah, you don't need it for this xpac but you still need it for old world content and it was highly highly doubtful they'd use this same formula in the next Xpac with overwhelming negativity the current iteration of professions has garnered.

I will agree with garrisons/shipyards being alt unfriendly. Takes way too much grinding to get them up and running and keep resources flowing in. Doubly so for the shipyard.

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    I still don't understand why people did this. Okay yeah, you don't need it for this xpac but you still need it for old world content and it was highly highly doubtful they'd use this same formula in the next Xpac with overwhelming negativity the current iteration of professions has garnered.

I will agree with garrisons/shipyards being alt unfriendly. Takes way too much grinding to get them up and running and keep resources flowing in. Doubly so for the shipyard.
    I've seen min-maxers shuffle professions in the past a lot, but I'm not sure why you'd drop a profession now, since there's no real advantage to having the professions at all, now.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    I've seen min-maxers shuffle professions in the past a lot, but I'm not sure why you'd drop a profession now, since there's no real advantage to having the professions at all, now.
    I didn't drop them "now", I dropped them after 6.1 hit and there weren't any buffs to gathering professions. The idea was to pick up BS and 1) grab the cool looking BC armor for xmog and 2: make the crafted armor etc for a couple slots I simply could not seem to get a good drop for.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

So who else is going to roll a demon hunter? I am pretty likely, unless their playstyle turns out to be really boring or clunky or something.

I like playing mobile classes and the turn into demon thing appeals to me.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

17. - Top - End - #137

If I ever get ahold of the latest expansions I will. I like to try things out. Even if I didnt think I would like them I generally give it a try, if only to confirm, "Yep, I dont like it."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

So has anyone gotten any of the part drops for the dungeon-module for the garrison trading post AH robot? I've been trying but so far i haven't even seen one...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So has anyone gotten any of the part drops for the dungeon-module for the garrison trading post AH robot? I've been trying but so far i haven't even seen one...
    I've gotten quite a few of the cheaper ones, but to construct the whole thing, it will cost upwards of several hundred gold to buy them off the AH, which just isn't worth it, unless you're an AH Baron.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

i know that, but i'm not trying to get them off the AH, i'm trying to get them as drops, but the ones that are supposed to be dropping in dungeons aren't for me. so i'm wondering if anyone else has experiance with this, maybe i'm doing something wrong like maybe they don't drop on heroics or something, etc.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

i know that, but i'm not trying to get them off the AH, i'm trying to get them as drops, but the ones that are supposed to be dropping in dungeons aren't for me. so i'm wondering if anyone else has experiance with this, maybe i'm doing something wrong like maybe they don't drop on heroics or something, etc.
    They do drop, I've gotten several pieces, but they're relatively rare.

But seriously, the whole thing is a huge waste of gold. Don't bother with it. Even if you farm all of the pieces (and that is a 100+ hour endeavor), you still have the opportunity cost of what you could have from selling the part. The Ashran part (Universal Language Module I think?) is still selling for 50,000g today. If you're worried about spending a few hundred gold on the dungeon parts, then you will be way better off selling the parts you happen to drop than using them.

I mean there's not even an achieve associated with completing it as far as I know, and we're abandoning the garrison in a few months. The AH is a needless extravagance.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2015-09-07 at 10:19 AM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    They do drop, I've gotten several pieces, but they're relatively rare.

But seriously, the whole thing is a huge waste of gold. Don't bother with it. Even if you farm all of the pieces (and that is a 100+ hour endeavor), you still have the opportunity cost of what you could have from selling the part. The Ashran part (Universal Language Module I think?) is still selling for 50,000g today. If you're worried about spending a few hundred gold on the dungeon parts, then you will be way better off selling the parts you happen to drop than using them.

I mean there's not even an achieve associated with completing it as far as I know, and we're abandoning the garrison in a few months. The AH is a needless extravagance.
    I don't know why they even added the potential AH in the first place. It's not really a gold sink, since the gold is going to somebody and not getting eaten. I do not know anyone who has actually completed it.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

for the convineince of having an AH in your garrison? it'd certainly save some time not needing to go to asharan and back every time i want to put something up on sale.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

for the convineince of having an AH in your garrison? it'd certainly save some time not needing to go to asharan and back every time i want to put something up on sale.
    Since there is a portal to Ashran in your garrison, I fail to see why this represents any kind of convenience at all.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

ehh, portal's only one way, and the hearthstone has a cooldown. So if say, you go to asharan, put one thing on the AH, and hearth back to the garrison only to find you forgot to put something else on the AH, you need to go to asharan again, put it up, and then either wait for the free hearth back to the garrison, or pay the few gold to fly back to your garrison. Aaaand when you're basically playing on just the time tokens, any oppertunity to spend less gold is one you want to go for.

yeah, it's not SUPER inconveniant to go to asharan to put an item on AH, and if there wasn't the option of having an AH in your garrison i wouldn't complain in the slightest. but the option is there, and having it be right next to my town hall where i spend most of my time would be more convinent then needing to go to a different city alltogether.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

ehh, portal's only one way, and the hearthstone has a cooldown. So if say, you go to asharan, put one thing on the AH, and hearth back to the garrison only to find you forgot to put something else on the AH, you need to go to asharan again, put it up, and then either wait for the free hearth back to the garrison, or pay the few gold to fly back to your garrison. Aaaand when you're basically playing on just the time tokens, any oppertunity to spend less gold is one you want to go for.

yeah, it's not SUPER inconveniant to go to asharan to put an item on AH, and if there wasn't the option of having an AH in your garrison i wouldn't complain in the slightest. but the option is there, and having it be right next to my town hall where i spend most of my time would be more convinent then needing to go to a different city alltogether.
    So you're telling me that you're going to spend a ton of hours to give you the ability to forego 10 seconds of planning. And how is this time efficient?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

If nothing else it's something to do and a goal to achive. it'd get rid of that yellow ! that's been lingering around my minimap for the past three months at least.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

If nothing else it's something to do and a goal to achive. it'd get rid of that yellow ! that's been lingering around my minimap for the past three months at least.
    The fact that I'm nowhere near completing this thing after 10 months of fairly regular play makes it seem a bit overtuned in terms of drop rarity.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

29. - Top - End - #149
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

"For the Lich King!"

The Mod Wonder: Revived by request. Right click for hot undead action.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Spamalot in the Playground

So the whole base management thing in Draenor was a huge turnoff for me just reading it, and led to me skipping that expansion entirely. I don't speak for everyone who skipped Draenor obviously, but that was my reason, that and the lack of shiny new classes or races to try. What's there in Legion for folks like me?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)