Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Red Keels of Okeanos, pt. II - Gods Above and Below

Spoiler: Barbus, Misu, Seamstress
    Show
    Spoiler: Misu
    Show
    The dog you spotted on the beach follows; he is larger than a horse, his bristly fur the dark-gold color of butterscotch, eyes black yet sparkling with starlight.

Spoiler: Barbus, Seamstress
    Show
    Hunter follows.

At first the hound sniffs Misu intently, and then falls into step, loping along lazily at the Storm King's side.

When you reach camp, the bulk of the recruits await, as well as the crew of the Stormchaser and the Weald. All sport the blue hair of Cyanin, though many obviously do not hail from Okeanos. Over a dozen crude barracks have been constructed, and the preponderance of felled trees, sawdust pits, and steam-boxes show that more carpentry is in the works. Half-hidden in the distance, completely out of sight of the beach, stand the two biremes commanded by Barbus and Seamstress.

When the recruits see that Misu does not seem intent on fighting, they relax somewhat, but continue to watch the developments.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Barbus introduces Hunter to Misu and Misu to Hunter.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

On the way Seamstress replies. "Yes, that is my full title. I am not surprised they know little else of me, I tend to keep to myself." She notices how his eyes linger on her scars. In response to his remark of toughness, she replies with simply "I am now. The event that caused these scars saw to that. And if you are wondering, they cover more than just my face."
    Last edited by CosplayKitten; 2015-08-13 at 10:21 PM.
    Thank you to ThePrez1776 for my avatar ^_^

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

A sniffing sound is heard from behind him. The large beast sniffing at Misu. Rather surprised but not recoiling, he continues to walk. Having heard and felt Hunter take his place at his master's side. A normal thing for most canines when they are meeting someone new. Eventually introduced properly though, "Nice to meet you Hunter. Some people say your a demon that fights at Barbus' side."

His conversation with the Seamstress continuing during their trek towards the interior of the island. Her eyes rather perceptive of his eyes. Her reply though putting his mind to picturing her naked with scars all over her. Niddle work keeping them bound and tight. As if she were a patchwork person. "Oh well that is definitely intriguing and unique. You've my attention on that tailoress.", said with a soft smirk.

Misu looks about in the camouflaged camp. Its clear the kind of fighting force starting to come together. A settlement to be built to house them. His own group had gone through something similar when first taking up their home within their cove. "You've not been here for long. However even now you build a solid base in this hidden grove of sorts.....though I'm surprised you've many tribes gathering together like this.", comments Misu as the different tribes of Okeanos often in fight frequently.

5. - Top - End - #35

PirateGuy

Barbus looks over the makeshift camp,"We couldn't have done as much building as we have without the guidance of our head shipwright and carpenter Hectare. I'll have to introduce you later."

He then motions to the men, "They come together under common purpose for all have suffered under the yoke of the Realm. I for one did not mind the realm until recent events to be honest. That is when I was branded an anathema and saw the horrors the have committed to the people. In two months these forces will take the fight to the Realm."

Looking back to Misu with an inquisitive look in his eyes, "What news do you bring? You said you had something for me?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Seamstress simply smiles at the comment before taking her leave of the group and seeking out Flit.

7. - Top - End - #37

Spoiler: Barbus, Misu, Seamstress
    Show
    Hunter stalks off with Seamstress.

Spoiler: Seamstress
    Show
    Once out of hearing range of Barbus and Misu, Hunter looks over at you, his eyes big and sad.

"A demon? They call me a demon?" He looks really in need of a hug right now.

Flit sees your approach, walks from the direction of the Weald. "What's the word, Seamstress?"
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Seamstress wraps her arms around the massive dog. "Oh Hunter, they don't know any better. People always think the worst of what they don't understand."

She looks up when she sees Flit. "Barbus is speaking to the new person, Misu I think. He's an amusing one. And apparently he heard stories that Hunter was a demon, so now he's upset."
    Last edited by CosplayKitten; 2015-08-14 at 05:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Show
    The dog sits and nuzzles against you as Flit comes closer.

"I can see why Barbus would be upset," the keleustes says quietly. Always having been a little skittish around Hunter, he nonetheless puts his hand on the hound's head, gently scratching the dog's ear. Hunter stays quiet, but wags his tail a little. The thump-thump-thump of it against the nearby tree trunk is like one beating the dust out of a rug.

"So Misu is going to aid us? Frankly we need all the allies we can get."
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2015-08-14 at 05:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes that seems to be his intent. Barbus seems to trust him, and I trust Barbus can take care of it if he isn't trustworthy."

11. - Top - End - #41

BlackDragon

Spots Hunter slink off with the Seamstress. In his head he notes that it would seem the dog has free run of the camp.

His attention quickly returning to Barbus though. Looks almost upset at the idea of being okay with the realm,"Recent events? I've survived two such attacks upon temples within my life time." He waves though to dismiss the remainder of this topic. "However you are right that it is a common purpose for all the tribes. Still your skilled to be able to bring them together in that purpose. My group is majority Cyanin like myself."

He looks towards Barbus again as they continue to where ever he is leading them. "Dorun's liege has sent for you to appear before him. Granted an audience as he wishes to speak with you for similar reasons he spoke to me." Continuing his instructions and monologue, "I'm to offer my prayers and meditations to him when you are ready to go." Resting his arms at his side as they walk through the summer day. "I do need to address the problem of a Mist Demon, about a day's travel from here as well. For I was attacked by it on the way here."

12. - Top - End - #42

PirateGuy

Barbus leads the now four to a makeshift command tent. After all have entered, he offers drink to all who wish it. Taking a large gulp of some local wine he continues, "It will take me a month and a half for my men to be properly trained. Not even considering the time Hectare needs to complete his work. Afterwards, I'll go meet with our benefactor. But I'm afraid we do need to take care of this mist demon threat. Especially one in the area, we don't want any unwanted attention drawn here. Especially if the realm sends someone to investigate."

Barbus mills the wine goblet around in his hand and finishes the drink in one last gulp, a refreshed breath leaving his lips. "I need to feel some combat once more anyway. I wouldn't want to get too comfortable on this island. When would to be ready to leave?"

13. - Top - End - #43

BlackDragon

Closing the tent's opening behind him as the last one to enter. "So the mist demon isn't your creation? One of the many stories about you is that you summoned a storm to keep the realm from chasing your group." He walked to the table though, leaning onto the table. Thinking about whether or not Barbus is just that good or just that lucky.

"Well dealing with the demon or training the troops doesn't have to come first. The meeting your called to shouldn't take any time. When I was called before them there was no passage of time.", stepping up beside Barbus to continue his explaination, "I left and returned at exactly the same moment. In same way they made it happen and the same thing will happen this time. I need only offer up my prayers to signal your agreement and our readiness to appear before them." Watching to his reply in this. Wondering exactly how the meeting will go down as well.

14. - Top - End - #44

PirateGuy

Barbus lets out a small laugh, "Ha no I do not posses the power to summon storms. However, some of my allies were generous enough to provide the distraction."

He looks over Misu trying to read the man. Could he truely trust this stranger? What ever his intentions, if the man be traitor or ally, he figures he might as well start testing his word. "Very well start your prayers, I would like to meet with them as soon as possible."

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler: Barbus, Misu
    Show
    "Actually, if he's up for it," Dorun says, "I've built a new shrine. Hopefully his prayer will be more likely to reach the Ocean Father there." He points in the direction of the beach.

"I hope you can hold your breath."

Show
    "No kidding. Looks like they're headed back to the beach for some reason. Guess they've come to an accord?"
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2015-08-17 at 05:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

BlackDragon

Misu waved his hands above his head, "The stories they tell it seems. However they don't know about your allies. So you get all the credit." Sounding a little upset during this. In his head he was plotting out why the bounty on this group was so high. It seems that its part fighting against the realm and part their gifted powers. Yet Misu finds his feelings mixed overall on the situation.

Misu looks relaxed overall as you evaluate him. His hand's naturally resting on the belt of his clothing. However once Barbus finds himself in agreement on which to meet to first he gains a smile. "Good then! We'll start this immediately to then return to the matters dealing with the front itself."

Glancing over to Dorun as he offers his advice and recommendation as an actual Priest of the Ocean Father. "A shrine to him would be the best place yes. Lead away.", agreeing to his mention to return towards the beach. He isn't all that surprised that the shrine would be towards the beach or even in the water itself. He'd had dealings with such temples to the gods before. He has to add though,"Well when it comes to holding my breath I've grown up in these islands. I can hold my breath better then most. Yet I can't breath under water just yet."

The group having only spent a short time in the command tent up until now. For the most part it seeming like a little sight seeing tour. Misu's men joined back up with him as they left back towards the beach. Their looks kind of confused, but Misu quickly offers up an explaination, "We just have some prayers to offer up to the Ocean Father boys. A shrine finds its home towards the beach.", Misu chuckles to break up his sentence, "So it seems like we get our exercise in today.". His men replying in just a laugh with him for now.

17. - Top - End - #47

PirateGuy

As the last one to leave after Dorun and Misu, he holds open the flap of the tent and turns back to Ashen, "Let Hectare know we are in need of more housing for our new allies. Come find me after you are done, there is much we need to talk about."

Barbus follows after Dorun to the beach and then into the water. The waves crashing against his with no effect almost like he was an island unto himself. Upon descending under the waves, he easily keeps up with Dorun to the shrine. The water having little to no effect on his speed and seemingly to have little need for air.
    Last edited by Cashius; 2015-08-17 at 08:57 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Show
    The sea gets deeper after fifty yards' march into the surf; from there, in spite of the weight of your armor, you swim relatively quickly to the shrine Dorun has built.

It is nothing like the elegant temple that once stood in Solid Shell; crude slabs of rock have been stacked into the approximate shape of a table, and behind it a large stone, shaped with a chisel into somewhat human shape, is bearded with a mass of kelp. A piece of sharp obsidian is set into a handle, and lays on the stone table.

19. - Top - End - #49

PirateGuy

Barbus looks over the shrine, the images of the temple that once gave him shelter when he was just a new comer to these oceans. A feeling of regret washes over him for not being there to help defend his once home away from home. The faces of priests and priestesses suffering under Realm torture and execution. He shakes his head to remove the thoughts from his mind, now was not the time for regret. The realm would pay three fold for what they have done. He would see to that.

Swimming over to the crude statue, Barbus sits next to the depiction of the ocean father. He waits for Misu and Dorun to begin, lending in chants and prayers to help gain the attention of the Ocean Father.

20. - Top - End - #50

BlackDragon

Misu strides through he water. Watching and following Dorun. Passing idle schools of fish and plant life. Misu while not powering through the surf like Barbus keeps up with the others just fine. Having spent much of his life in or around the sea itself.

When they finally get to the make shift shrine he comes up to it directly. Swimming before the table and taking the knife there. Everything about this shrine thrown together, however his own shrines were not much better at this point in time. Misu had survived two burning of different temples in his life time. Very few religious artifacts had managed to survive with him.

Misu grasped the blade tightly in his hand. Pulling it across his hand swiftly. He cuts the palm of his hand rather well. Blood flowing into the sea from the now open wound. He presses his hand down upon the table. As if to feed the stone itself. Offering up prayers within his head that can't be spoken out loud due to the water surrounding him. "Ocean Father! I ask that you lend me your time! For I have brought Barbus to your Shrine! To seek audience with you as you had instructed! To rebuild the temples with which have been constructed!"

Holding his breath and his eyes closed, he has only to wait for a response from the patron of his water logged shrine. Misu knew they were awaiting his reply to them and the completion of this part of his mission.

21. - Top - End - #51

Show
    Rather than clouding the water as expected, the blood sinks into a depression in the "tabletop" of the altar. It pools there, Misu's blood, until it fills the depression. Any blood shed after that does seep into the seawater, but more noticable is the sudden animation of the statue.

"Misu, Barbus," the statue says, with the voice of the Ocean Father. The head turns to Dorun, who stands behind you two. "My son, Dorun."

Dorun prostrates himself on the sea-bottom at the sight.

"The Ocean Court is in a state of unrest, Barbus. The Realm has slain our children, sacked our temples, and let loose demons. Do you plan to move soon?"

22. - Top - End - #52

PirateGuy

Barbus takes a knee at the appearance of the Ocean Father, looking up to the animated statue he speaks "I do and with all haste. My forces will be ready in 2 months time at the most. I must forge them from a band of mixed tribes to a unified army with one mind and spirit. And now that the good Captian Misu here has joined us, I believe the time table has been improved. My shipwright Hectare finishes our great tender and with it we can strike at the supply lines that feed the beast that is the realm military."

23. - Top - End - #53

Show
    "Beware, Storm King. They already move against you. Fifty warships settle in the harbor of Solid Shell as we speak. You may not have the months you need."
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2015-08-17 at 02:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

PirateGuy

Pondering over the Ocean Father's words for awhile, he then replies "Then I must ask favors from you my lord. First, do you know how long they plan to make port in Solid Shell? How fast, with your aid, could you get me to Solid Shell? Lastly, do you have a means in which I could cripple or trap the fleet in Solid Shell's port. I just need to buy us time to train my people, it need not be too devastating."
    Last edited by Cashius; 2015-08-17 at 03:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Show
    "I am not certain on the first. My best guess is that some among their number will remain to bolster Solid Shell against your attacks, while the rest moves against you directly. As for taking you to Solid Shell, it will tax me greatly, but I could bring you to its harbor inside a minute, a small group inside ten minutes, or a whole ship inside a half-hour. I would ask a future favor of you, for me to do you this service."

The statue grows more defined in its features as it speaks. What was before a relatively shapeless upper body is now the toned chest of a swimmer. A once-blank face now sports a mouth that forms the god's words.

"I must minimize my involvement in this. We each have enemies in Heaven, Barbus. The more openly I act, the more we both face reprisal. It is within my power to delay them, in a dozen different ways, but they would be even more taxing than your feat of transportation, and would certainly not go unnoticed."

26. - Top - End - #56

PirateGuy

Barbus nods at Ocean Father's words, "Very well, I'll leave as soon as possible. I'll try to figure out a way to sabotage them myself. Could you transport Misu and myself, if he is willing, to the nearby area surrounding Solid Shell. I need to consult with my shipwright as to the easiest way to sabotage a ship for the duration we need. Misu do you have any skill in stealth and sabotage?"
    Last edited by Cashius; 2015-08-17 at 11:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

BlackDragon

Misu concentrates on the wound in his hand when it seems the table has had its fill. Leaving none of his vitality to really slip into the sea about them.

When the statue comes to life Misu does his best to kneel as well underwater. The Cyanin helped into position by the weight of his clothing. Listening to the conversation, hearing the warnings that the Ocean Father brings. His body slowly feeling lighter within the deep tides. His chest not feeling as heavy or constrained.

Speaking up to add to the conversation, "Then we best strike while the beasts lie in wait. Leaving their warships in pieces unable to aid them. So you've the right idea Barbus.", working through a plan in his head he pauses for just a moment."I'm willing and able to disable these ships Ocean Father. While consulting His shipwright couldn't hurt I know how to disable ships quietly."

Looking over to Barbus at but a glance before his eyes return to the statue. The Ocean Father's further manifestation impressive to behold, "I have many skills in both those categories. Familiarity with both the surrounding area and more so the city itself. So they'll be hamstrung before they know it. Just have to worry about the trip back then, we might want a small group to come so we can man a ship back. My men on the shore should suit us fine for that, dear Ocean Father."

28. - Top - End - #58

PirateGuy

Barbus nods in agreement to Misu, "Very good, then lets set off as soon as we can. I'll let my officers know what is happening and you get your men ready. We will meet back up for the journey."

Barbus rises to his feet and bows to the Ocean Father. He salutes as he come back up, "Give us just a few moments my lord."

He then swims back up with celerity to set the plan in motion.

29. - Top - End - #59

Show
    "I can take you as far as the beach," the Ocean Father says. "Come back down when you are ready."

When you resurface it is as if only moments had passed. Dorun shudders a little when he breaches the surface. "I'm glad the Ocean Father is willing to lend aid."

30. - Top - End - #60

PirateGuy

Barbus looks at Dorun with a concerned face, "We can't survive 50 ships Dorun. We have to stop or slow as many as we can now before they can move in force. The Ocean Father I'm sure knows this. I understand the position he is in but I wish we could get more aid. None the less I'm thankful for what he has given us."

Barbus looks away, a mask of confidence appears upon his face and moves quickly to complete his report before returning back to the shrine.