New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIII

Back Room #4

If Pain is looking up, then she must be somewhat short. Kalumin is in the body of a rather small shapeshifter. Or a shapeshifter who was in a rather small shape when he died. It really could be either, but whichever it was, the body has ended up being a rather unintimidating 5'4".

"Does the name matter?"
    Asks Kalumin, "it will be ours soon. We can call it whatever we would like." And with that, assuming she is still holding on to them, they will teleport in a rather uninspiring slight zap of blue light, to Outside. The teleporting should only take a couple of seconds, and should Pain open her eyes as they are traveling through space, she should be greeted by eye-hurting blue light bathing them from every direction, twisting into the shape of a teleportation rune as they land.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Pixie in the Playground

Back Room #4

"Alright then," Pain agrees with Kalumin's statement, "the village will be ours."

If Kalumin's 5'4 then she'd be looking down since she's around 5'7.

She stays with Kalumin as they go to Outside, ready to wreak havoc on both the village and the unknowing villagers.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-08-26 at 02:36 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

The front door swings open and in steps Raril, looking a little haggard. He tugs at the golden collar around his throat as he scans the room, eyeing any Delmah Phor drow in the place. Not seeing many, he makes his way to his favorite seat by the fireplace.

((Thread rezzed with permission. Thanks Haruki-kun!))
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

A visitor comes through the door of the Den. This one looks like he knows his way around. It's a half-elf in a long, dusty brown coat, with what looks like a hardened leather breastplate underneath. There's a backsword in a sheath at his hip, and at the other a large revolver with a black handle, bearing strange markings. He looks more human than elven, the only signs of his heritage being pointed ears and pale, grey eyes. He has a short beard and close-cropped brown hair.

There's an awkward swing to his step as he walks across the floor. His right leg doesn't work the way it should. Neither does his right hand, it would appear - there's some sort of brace on it. It doesn't slow him down much, though, as he orders a drink and takes a look around.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril notices the newcomer and gives a bit of a wave. "I haven't seen you in here before."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

"I ain't been here just yet, no," the half-elf says. "After comin' to the Nexus, I was preoccupied with findin' the dark of some very specific magic. Now that my partner and I are done with that particular job, I'm explorin' a little." Raril may notice that he's got a rather unusual way of speaking.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, then I welcome you to the Black Dragon's Den. I'm Raril, the owner. Have a seat if you like." He motions to another chair near the fire. "Do you mind if I ask what kind of magic you were after?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

"Name's Michalson Barring. And I was after time magic... not the easiest dazzle t'find, even 'here," the half-elf says. "But I managed."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

"Time magic." Raril nods sagely. "That would be something abundant in the Nexus. Weird things happen with time here.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson waves his hand vaguely.

"They do, but not in a way a body can do anything about. This particular heist was about headin' to a... well, it was a city frozen in time, I guess. Or a memory of one. So we needed some way t' enter it."

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[New Friends]

Electra enters the Den, wearing something a bit different today. Normally, she wears some sort of loose pants, a tank top or a t-shirt and her bomber jacket, but today she's decided she'd like to be a bit more feminine. Instead of the pants, she's got a short, loose skirt on, in a dark purple, with black leggings underneath and a pair of regular tennis shoes. Instead of the tank-top, she's wearing a spaghetti strap top in black, cut low enough to show just a bit of cleavage. She's pulled her hair back into a ponytail, but left some bangs floating free to frame her face. The bomber jacket is the only constant, and she quickly removes it once inside the bar, draping it over her shoulder. She looks around for a moment, since Fayyaad told her to meet him here, and, not seeing him, goes to the bar to order her first drink, before finding a booth where she can easily be seen from the door.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

[New Friends]

It's not long before Fayyaad appears. He's wearing an unbuttoned sleeveless vest with a t-shirt underneath, and loose pants below. Tina is already with him, but it falls to Murkus to describe her.

13. - Top - End - #1063

NinjaGuy

[New Friends]

Electra waves at Fayyaad as he enters, smiling. Seems she's already gotten her first drink and is about halfway through it. Considering her rule about it, she probably started early out of courtesy, though the way she's dressed might hint at something else going on behind the scenes.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Halfling in the Playground

[New Friends]

Fettina enters just a step behind Fayyaad, the chattering from her side of a bubbly conversation dying away as she surveys the Den. Man, she hasn't been in here in a while. It used to be one of her favorite haunts. She'd play piano in the corner and pick up easy marks. A couple of times, she was the mark. Fun place.

The neon girl, predictably, looks like she's made of bright blue and pink neon light. Her cotton candy skin is primarily blue on the outside, with veins and swirls of the pink moving beneath as though traveling through her veins. She's short, skinny up top, with wide hips and and a round rear as suitable counterweights. Her slender, regal neck leads up to a pretty face with a sharp little chin, a round little nose, and two bubblegum-pink eyes that glow with soft color. Her hair is piled in a curly pompadour, except for the sides of her head, which are shaved down.

She's dressed deliberately 'trashily'. A pair of skintight tiger-print pants, a too-short mesh tank top, and an itty bitty velvet-lined leather coat. From one ear dangles a silver hoop earring, from the other a sapphire studded silver cube. She's got her hands stuffed in the pockets of that itty bitty coat.

"Oh, hey,"
    she lifts her chin and nods it at Elektra, flashing the girl a brilliant smile even as she speaks to Fayyaad. "She beat us here. And man, is she cute. You didn't say she was quite this cute."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

[New Friends]

"Really? Oh, dear. Have I undersold her?" Fayyaad asks with exaggerated dismay. "Or maybe my words just weren't adequate. Hello, Electra. This is Tina, whom I told you about."

16. - Top - End - #1066

NinjaGuy

[New Friends]

Electra stands as they come over. Tina probably notes the round white domes with blue lenses set into them where her ears should be, since her hair isn't in the way to hide them right now. Her deep blue eyes look the neon girl up and down, and she smiles gently, blushing slightly at both Tina and Fayyaad's compliments.

"Nice to meet you, Tina," She says, offering a hand to shake, her grip firm and warm, her smile widening. "I think Fayyaad's words perhaps weren't adequate, because he didn't tell me you were this cute, either." She gives him a sidelong grin. "Perhaps we'll have to help him acquire a broader vocabulary, eh?" She winks at Tina, then gestures to the table.

"Hope you don't mind, but I started when I got here. Have a seat, and let's get to know each other."

17. - Top - End - #1067

[New Friends]

"Likewise, sweetie,"
    says Tina, returning the smile and trading (soft-handed) grips with the cyborg lady. The domes where her ears ought to be don't get more than a glance. She is used to strange body alterations.

The neon girl giggles at Fayyaad's smooth transition, and then says of his vocabulary, "You hear that, Fayyaad? You're not up to snuff. You have to try harder, with both of us." She slides into her seat. Oh, no. It's a booth. Fayyaad has to pick which woman to sit with. Unless he got lucky and it's one of those ones with full seating all around the table. Maybe he can end up between them, then.

"Long day or something, Electra? Or were you just thirsty while you were waiting?"
    She points at the drink she's already got. She certainly does not appear to mind.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

[New Friends]

Fayyaad shakes his head, once again pretending to be very disconcerted.

"Then I'll do my best to make you both feel appreciated," he says. He does indeed try to seat himself between the two women, if he can. "Electra's a MERC member, not a licensee, as I am. Perhaps she did have a long day. But in any case, let's not have her drink alone for long."

19. - Top - End - #1069

NinjaGuy

[New Friends]

Electra's smile widens as Fayyaad manages to find a spot between both her and Tina. She nods in response to Tina's question.

"It's been a long week," she explains, "With some...unexpected...clients. I'm glad for the chance to relax a bit. What Fayyaad isn't telling you is that I started out a licensee like him, but I decided to join up full time after a while."

20. - Top - End - #1070

[New Friends]

Pity. Tina wanted to find a way to squeeze Electra between them, now that she thinks about it. "Yes!" Fettina agrees with the tiefling most emphatically. She tells the nearest server, "I'll have a Black Shadow, please!"

"So you guys both work for MERC? Sort of?" Her eyes are wide and curious. She smiles. "Two of my oldest friends around here work there too. Dena and Kirk. I know Fayyaad knows Dena, anyways." 'Knows' is a funny way of putting it.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

[New Friends]

"Indeed. That's how I met Electra, in fact," Fayyaad explains, as he orders some wine. "She was accompanying Dena in fixing some mess or other here. We hit it off immediately, didn't we?"

22. - Top - End - #1072

NinjaGuy

[New Friends]

Electra grins warmly, and nods at Fayyaad.

"That we did. I did a couple of jobs with Dena and one with Kirk before I joined up, and I still work with them regularly." She chuckles a bit to herself. "Fayyaad actually helped me make the decision to join MERC as a full member."

23. - Top - End - #1073

[New Friends]

"My, my,"
    Fettina wags her eyebrows at the two of them. "Fayyaad makes such good friends with every woman he seems to meet, at work or play. Oh, goodness. He didn't rescue you too, did he? That's how we met. Chased off a lover of mine. With a sword, if I remember right. And magic." The dusky woman flutters her eyebrows at Fayyaad. With eyes as striking as that, Tina must have to be careful. She could cause accidents when men become weak at the knees. "It was very dashing."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

[New Friends]

"It was just a day's work for me," Fayyaad says. "But I didn't rescue Electra. I think if it came down to rescuing, she'd me more likely to save me from distress," he adds.

25. - Top - End - #1075

NinjaGuy

[New Friends]

Electra chuckles, blushing slightly at Fayyaad's compliment. She doesn't seem to mind Tina's flirting with Fayyaad.

"I think it would very much depend on the circumstances as to who would save who." Her smile turns just a bit predatory as she goes on. "But no, I don't play the role of damsel in distress well. Unless the job calls for it, anyways.."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-12-28 at 04:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt walks in, talking on the phone as he looks around and heads to the bar. "Geeze. Well, let's play it low and see if they can handle it. It's pretty relevant. Yeah. Yeah, I'm supposed to be meeting with Vax now, but if she doesn't show, I wouldn't blame her. Look, just keep Tov and the girls from doing anything stupid and let me know how it works out. Uh-huh. Bye."

Rubbing his head, Rein sighs and orders something fairly strong. He thought he had it all worked out. Zhareen hadn't been kidding about the lengths those demons she mentioned will go to. At least, they hadn't tried anything against him. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

Vax enters the den shortly afterward. Something seems a bit different about her. She's a more bright green, like new growth. She spies Reinholdt and walks toward him. "Reinholdt. I apologize for the delay. A few hitches came up int he meantime. Unrelated, but what can you do."

28. - Top - End - #1078

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [New Friends]

"It was just a day's work for me," Fayyaad says. "But I didn't rescue Electra. I think if it came down to rescuing, she'd me more likely to save me from distress," he adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [New Friends]

Electra chuckles, blushing slightly at Fayyaad's compliment. She doesn't seem to mind Tina's flirting with Fayyaad.

"I think it would very much depend on the circumstances as to who would save who." Her smile turns just a bit predatory as she goes on. "But no, I don't play the role of damsel in distress well. Unless the job calls for it, anyways.."

"That's funny, I play it just fine,"
    Fettina wags her eyebrows at the both of them. "All kinds of pretty people seem to show up to save you. And you don't have to do any work," she laughs, tinny and harmonious. "You can feel free to ride along with Fayyaad next time I need my ass pulled out of a fire, gorgeous."

"You people are all about jobs and work,"
    Fettina smirks. "What do you two like to do for fun?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

[New Friends]

"You know what I like, Tina." Fayyaad smiles knowingly. "Drinking, dancing, listening to music... though I don't think either of you has seen me dance."

30. - Top - End - #1080

NinjaGuy

[New Friends]

"Call me first, and I'll beat him to the punch," Electra says, winking at Tina with a smile. She looks over at Fayyaad and smirks herself. "I've seen you dance. I played for you while you did, at the Spookmas party." She looks back to Tina and grins, putting her open hand up to her cheek to mockingly shield Fayyaad from the loud whisper she sends across the table. Of course, since he's sitting between them, he can hear every word. "He's really good!" She puts her hand down and takes a sip from her drink, then smiles once more. "As far as what I do, I play music and practice with my, for lack of a better term, technopathy. I drink, sometimes, too, and I've been doing a lot of research lately, too."