New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIII

At the Bar

"Currently? Buying you a drink. Later, maybe giving you someone to do."
    He says casually with a smile as he goes about ordering her the drink he recommended for her. She'll have felt that his own touch, even through the glove, was a hungry and powerful one, as if he were a large beast on the prowl. Once she has her drink, he raises his own to her. "But really, I work in construction over at Riverside. I come here from time to time to relax though." He admits.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2015-09-03 at 06:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

At the Bar!

"Hm," says Zillia, appraising the powerful man. "Do all of you plan the night in that particular order?" Hm. Sometimes it's hard to tell if she's being serious, or if she understands just what's going on.

Zillia turns her head as her hand's filled. Odd looking brew. "Riverside." She says, starting to raise her glass. "Curious what it is you darlings think of as relaxing. I've spent the last couple of nights here exhausted." Zillia raises the glass to her mouth and drinks deeply. She squeaks out a hiccup just as she finishes her pull, blinking rapidly.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-09-03 at 06:28 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Bar

"Well, it'd be awkward to do it the other way around when we're already at a bar, wouldn't it?"
    Max asks with a wry smile. "Not that I'd object of course, but we'd proooobably be thrown out. How come you're exhausted? If you need a place to rest I know a place just right around the corner." He says, thumbing towards the door. "I do build things here from time to time and a hotel promised me free nights up to four times a month if I like on short notice."

4. - Top - End - #124

[At the Bar]

"You, darling-sweet, visit all the wrong bars," says Zillia, gently sliding her drink back onto the counter. "And you misunderstand." Zillia gives the large man her full smile again. "I said I was exhausted. I could do with some more mortal relaxation!"

Zillia slides to her feet, which Max may have at some point in the conversation realized are quite bare. In a filthy place like this. "Did you build this hotel you're taking me to?" As though their going together was already a foregone conclusion. So foregone, in fact, Zillia can be freely led out've the Den if Max so wishes.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Bar

"I think you'll have to show me what bars you're talking about tomorrow then. And well, I designed it mostly. I left construction of it to a crew I contract out to."
    Max admits as he stands and straightens himself out. After a moment though he removes his glasses. "Before we go though, there's one thing I want to make clear. I'm not exactly human." He says as he pulls off the glove from his hand. The moment he does, his skin darkens to the dark red-orange that's in his hair and the stubble vanishes from his face. He also sprouts four stubby little horns from his brow. "Sorry, I'm not trying to be deceptive, but it keeps people from freaking out initially." Max explains. Despite the changes, he's still very much himself.

6. - Top - End - #126

[At the Bar]

Now that is curious. Zillia puts her hands on her hips and appraises him once again, up then down.

"You know, darling, I'll tell you a secret," says the she-fairy, striding toward him and pushing herself up, up on the tips of her toes, still barely reaching the cliff of Max's shoulder. Her mouth isn't quite in his ear, but it's nearly there. And those small hands fall on his chest... only for supporting her, of course. "Neither am I. And I have lived long enough to see far, far less handsome demons. Far less handsome mortals besides." The very idea that she would have freaked out is ludicrous!

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Bar

Max smiles a bit and attempts to wrap his arms around the woman. "Alright then, in that case, shall we?" He asks as he shifts his arm down to her waist and attempts to walk her out.

8. - Top - End - #128

At the Bar

"What a silly phrase that is. How does one respond..." Zillia muses to herself with a shorter giggle. She shifts an arm around Max's broad back, his own around her soft waist, and out the door they go.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Private Room - MERC]

"So have mine," Dipsnig admits. "Well, of course we have a constant, steady stream of revenue from the licenses, now. But I wouldn't be where I am now if I was willing to go complacent with it. Which brings us to my plans for Skyside. As I understand it, you're willing to help with those... discreetly."
    [Private Room - MERC]

'Indeed. You'll soon find that my current business partners have little in the way of admirable qualities. It would be a pleasure to stab them in the back... when it becomes appropriate to do so." Says the Hutt.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Private Room - MERC]

"I am familiar with your business partners," Dipsnig says. "I don't think we'll get along once my group makes its move in Skyside. Knowing that someone will stab them in the back at the right moment would help tremendously. So I think we can reach an agreement, depending on what you want out of this."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Room - MERC]

"Merely the opportunity to conduct business with partners not mired in tradition and xenophobia." Says the Hutt. "The destruction of the stranglehold that my people and the Ferengi have placed on Tempest Row is noteworthy enough a goal to satisfy me."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2015-09-04 at 02:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

[Private Room - MERC]

Dipsnig nods.

"Our goal, to start with, is to replace as much of the city's private security with our people," he says. "It's bound to bring us in conflict with those who are already in power there. Is there anything you can tell me about your people and the Ferengi? I've done research on Skyside, but I have no doubt there is information I'm missing."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Room - MERC]

"My people, the Hutts, and these Ferengi come from different galaxies, but are cut from the same cloth." Attila explains. "In my galaxy, Hutts are renowned for our business acumen and independence. We have a reputation - not entirely undeserved - for being gangsters and criminal underlords, though the fact is that we Hutts are among the few who have been able to remain independent from the Galactic Republic, in whatever form it takes. We are ruthless, strong-willed, sharp-minded, and generally amoral. Slavery is common among the Hutts-" In the corner, the twi'lek shifts slightly, rolling her shoulders before resettling into her lean. "-though I have different views on the matter. I count little among my kind who have any kind of personal bravery, but most Hutts are nonetheless stubborn, outspoken, prideful, and hire many mercenaries to enforce their will. The Ferengi... as repulsive as most of them are personally, I do admit they make for slightly more manageable business partners, as long as you keep your wits about you. Trade and capitalism seems to be a religion for them. They revere 'The Great Material Continuum', and seem to obey laws known as the "rules of acquisition". They are cunning, but cowards and often cheats. They cave much more easily to pressure than the Hutts. The Hutts and Ferengi have a loose alliance in Tempest Row, centered around the spaceport, which is a joint project between them. Neither of them trust the other though, and the Hutts do not even trust each other, as I am proof of. It will be easy to turn them against each other, if you know where to strike without being discovered."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2015-09-04 at 05:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Bar Area

Enter one catgirl. Her thigh high pink boots and two pink bows, one around her neck the other at the end of her tail, are offset by her blue-grey tail and the slim black dress-skirt that comes to just above the boots. Reina will be the first to admit, it's difficult not wearing another two or three layers on top of that. Zombies are real and they are terrifying and why isn't everyone wearing protective hazmat suits all the time? But there's some appeal to the bare necessities and that's how she's illustrated, so that's what she's stuck wearing.

Reina takes a seat at a table and orders some fresh fish, while looking around. The place was familiar and different at the same time. Some definite improvements made here. She smiles a bit at nothing in particular before turning her attention to her food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

[Private Room - MERC]

Cunning, but cowards and often cheats. Dipsnig has heard the same words used to describe his species on more than one occasion...

"Distrustful alliances by necessity are easy to dismantle. Perhaps I could put some of my people on it, when the time is right. Do you know of any entrepreneurs who have an interest in the area but are kept down by your people and those Ferengi? They would be our natural allies in this."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

[That Unnaturally Shady Table In The Corner Over There]

Look! Just - just look at that table over there, guy! It's unnaturally shady! Yeah, there's something fishy about that table! It's - only a crazy psychopath would sit at a table like that, guy! I wouldn't sit at a table like that for a *burp* a million dollars, guy, because - because it's so shady just look at it!

Okay, maybe, just maybe, it'll be alright if you sit at the table for just a minute, guy. I don't think that -

Oh my god! Nicole is sitting at that table! Run for it! Save yourself!

Nicole chillaxes at one of the tables in an unnaturally shady corner of the tavern, and by chillaxes, I mean she's literally chilling with axes. Armed to the teeth with axes of all shapes and sizes, ranging from hatchets to double-bladed hero-beheading war axes, she's a sight to be seen (if you like axes, that is).

Draining an icy bottle of cola in one go, Nicole kicks her feet up, leans back in her chair, and does nothing of any import whatsoever (well I guess the cola might've been imported, but you know what I mean).

17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground

The person who enters the Den next hasn't been seen in the Nexus for some time. Cassidy pushes the door open, wipes some dust off of her shoulder, and heads straight for the bar - it's all business for her tonight. She orders a shot of whatever whiskey is both cheap and effective, and glances at her surroundings. Nicole chillaxing only gets a spare look from her, which is probably borderline insulting - look at all those axes!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

A cloud of dark slips through a high window, crawling silently over the rafters. In a shower of oily, twisting shadow, Adel falls from the ceiling and collapses into shape behind Nicole, a baseball bat hoisted ready back behind his shoulders. He's a strange thing - painfully thin and bleach white like a shiny tooth, and all of him made with candy, from his gumdrop eyes to the toes that don't quite touch the ground. The fangs are thin white gleams of sugar over pale blue lips, his hair a single piece of licorice slicked back with one blobby curl spilling across his forehead.

His clothes are as quiet as his taste ever gets - A black leather jerkin ridged with dripping gold and flecked sapphire, velvet sleeves ruffled and slashed with midnight blue beneath, a belt of green fastening the waist. Bustled blue culottes and dark stockings, down to crocodile skin boots with faux-silver buckles and curled up toes. A frilly cravat drips from his neck.

And plain white gloves, gripping the bat tightly.

He'll be giving that a good, blurringly fast swing at Nicole's skull. Or her head. Who knows if she has a skull.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-09-06 at 09:16 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

Eh, Nicole understands. A working woman doesn't exactly have an excess of time on her hands to fritter away as she pleases. She was probably just paid for a job and can't wait to drown her sorrows at the bottom of a glass of potent amber poison to dull the pain.

Believe you me, Nicole knows that feeling all too well.

Nicole flags down a passing NPC waiter and arranges for a pricey bottle of whiskey and a note to be delivered to Cassidy.

The note reads:
    Looked like you were hankering
    for a little pick-me-up. Try this
    on for size, if you can hold your
    liquor.

-Axes Galore

Suddenly, a reconstituted candyvamp with a grudge and a baseball bat materializes behind Nicole.

Swing, batter batter! Swing, batter batter! Swing!

*Yoink!*

The unnatural shade hanging out with Nicole congeals around Adel's baseball bat, attempting to put an end to Adel's shenanigans mid-swing and attempting to nick it thereafter by attempting to yank it out of Adel's hands!

Quite the kneejerk reaction from Nicole, wouldn't you say? Had she been drunk, she might not have been able to pull that off!

Aaaaand that ties up the score at 0-0! Everybody loses! Hooray! *Cue streamers, confetti, and orange slices.*

"Long time, no see, candy. Why don't you knock off the bad giddy child at a party with a pinata imitation and give your feet a break. Hell, if I don't have to raise my voice or repeat myself, I might even buy you a drink."

Smug!Nicole smirks, continuing to chillaxe.

20. - Top - End - #140

When the bottle of whiskey is delivered to her, Cassidy picks it up and gives it a weird look. A similar look was given to the note. People didn't just give away drinks, especially expensive looking ones. After a moment, she opens the bottle and takes a sniff. Something had to be wrong.

And then candyvamps and bats! Cassidy groans at the scene, a hand drifting towards the pistol at her hip. "Course it's right after I finally get Renraku off my ass that Nexus crap happens."

21. - Top - End - #141

Adel doesn't care to fight for the bat, dismissing it to the grasp of shadows with a airy wave.
    "Eh. Vell, vone must try." The vampire tilts one shoulder, too shameless to even offer the full shrug of non-apology. His smile is small, and sharp, and quite pleased with himself. His flight tilts horizontal, swimming lazily to the chair and dropping down into an instant sprawl - feet landing crossed upon the table. "Such as, you must try harder to be vitty. For some, I vould imagine, life is full of challenges."

"But, vhy not? Rum vith coke. Plastic cup." The last is snapped at a passing waiter, before he returns his gaze to Nicole. "So."

His hand stays in the air for a moment, halfway through a gesture that didn't know what it was going to be. For a moment, an awkward moment weighing what honesty's worth, and then, "Oh hells. AMEN, huh? His eyebrows jump with all the happy conspiracy of shared joke. "Haffing yourself a grand old time trying to kick some life back into the horse?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Nicole is sorry to disappoint Cassidy, but her complimentary bottle of whiskey hasn't been spiked with anything whatsoever. That's not to imply that Cassidy wouldn't look good with pink hair - Nicole just isn't in the mood to prank/abduct anyone at this time.

As for Adel...

Refreshingly, Adel is behaving as if he's a vamp after Nicole's own heart even though 1) everyone already knows that he isn't and 2) Nicole doesn't have a heart of which to speak. Nicole apparently finds Adel's flamboyant mannerisms and flippant banter entertaining - as evidenced by the absence of any physical retaliation on her part.

"Challenges, eh? Like overcoming your speech impediment and dressing yourself without a gingerbread man's help in the morning?"

Nicole teases; sauciness reigns.

"AMEN is, well, AMEN, regrettably. You'd think that whipping them into shape would be easy, since there are only about *Nicole counts this number on her fingers while "intensely" focusing on the ceiling above her* one, two, three, four, five, six, seven-ish remaining AMENites. Turns out that branding an org as an evil association attracts more drama queens than anything else and I don't have to tell you how drama queens act when they're living in close-quarters with other drama queens."

"Come to think of it..."

"Do you think I could get away with installing cameras throughout the base and secretly filming the day-to-day interactions of my employees for a reality tv show?"

23. - Top - End - #143

"Vhat, that? It's traditional." He shrugs, his gloved hand teeters, tilting out the pros and cons. "You haff to keep your traditions, in this kind of vorld. People vill make you make out as sad and silly, if you don't choose your own little vays, give a little admittance that this is all really very silly. Vhen you stand on top of history, it's all ridiculous." Some of it, obviously moreso. Like all the parts with candy vampires. "So I guess I mean, I don't vatch much television."

"But, haff you found the leak yet?" Adel smiles, a smile full of picturesque innocence.

24. - Top - End - #144

After hesitating for a moment, Cassidy sighs. If she was going to get blasted, it might as well be with free drinks, right. She pours a shot and downs it. Her pallette is not very refined, so this whiskey doesn't taste amazing to her.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

But the pricey whiskey does taste better than that watered-down swill she'd be drinking otherwise, eh? It's got a fine kick to it...I think! I've never had the pleasure of imbibing whiskey, so I, unfortunately, wouldn't know!

Cassidy could join Nicole at her unnaturally shady table - if not now, then once she has finished bandying words with the candyvamp.

"The leak?"

Nicole repeats, not quite buying what Adel is selling.

"Greg is dead, but that was ages ago."

If ever there was bad news, this is it. AMEN is already on life-support. If someone's still ratting on them...

"Let's get down to the brass tacks. I assume that you have a name and proof of guilt and that you're here to trade them to me for a service or an item. Very well. What's your price?"

Now Playing: Businesstime Serioustime
    Up Next: Murdertime Funtime

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Bar Area

Enter one catgirl. Her thigh high pink boots and two pink bows, one around her neck the other at the end of her tail, are offset by her blue-grey tail and the slim black dress-skirt that comes to just above the boots. Reina will be the first to admit, it's difficult not wearing another two or three layers on top of that. Zombies are real and they are terrifying and why isn't everyone wearing protective hazmat suits all the time? But there's some appeal to the bare necessities and that's how she's illustrated, so that's what she's stuck wearing.

Reina takes a seat at a table and orders some fresh fish, while looking around. The place was familiar and different at the same time. Some definite improvements made here. She smiles a bit at nothing in particular before turning her attention to her food.
    Nearby sits a fellow female of feline features, charcoal ears standing alert from her braided hair of pale auric color. Clad in a white military jacket and knee-length navy skirt (from which a charcoal tail of feline form trails out), black combat boots laced tightly about the shins of the ebon stocking-clad woman.

You may be wondering why she's clearly aware of the threat of zombies. Well, skirts work as excellent bandage providers (and you appear badass by utilizing skirt bandages too!), and have you ever tried biting through a boot or a military jacket? neither have I, but they're resistant to human teeth. And of course, there's the pistol on her belt and the knife sheathed on her right arm.

Currently the woman has her nose buried in a book, clearly fantasy by the artful cover of a luminous woman in - gasp! - sensible armor!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #147

"Vell, maybe I'm only after a smug sense of satisfaction. After all, I must haff my little victories to keep me varm inside, vhen the heart has ceased to beat." Adel suggests, straightening up to take his drink from the waiter's proffered tray. Glancing down, he frowns, and sets the little red plastic cup aside as he pats down his sleeves. "No straw. I thought I asked for vone." At last, from within the bed of white silk tissues filling out his sleeves, he produces a little gingerbread straw and plops it into the drink.

"Vell.." The vampire lifts his cup, nodding out the symbolic toast. His voice lowers, becoming not a sound, but an unmistakable intent in the red glow of his gumdrop eyes. "You did buy me the drink, I suppose. Gordon's been dipping into your vaults, vith the help of all his cronies. I haff the papers. I also haff an idea of vhere ve find him, and his hoard. Half of vhich is mine."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

Nicole patiently waits as Adel takes his sweet time answering her question. Once he has finished relaying his deeply disturbing message, on the other hand...

"All of them?!"

Has Adel ever been up close and personal with a wrathful goddess? If not, all that changes right here, right now.

First, she crushes the ice cold bottle down which beads of crystal clear condensation flow in miniature rivulets. Second, she slams her fists against the table with an explosive bang!

An unholy aura outlines her form, tinting her face blood red. From the table, she rises, magical energy cascading around her in a rage-fueled flurry.

She retrieves a phone from her pocket, flips it open, and presses a button while walking out through the front doors of the seedy yet homey bar, motioning for Adel to follow.

"This is Nicole requesting aerial transport for a VIP and I. ... Gimme an attack VTOL with an armored land assault vehicle loaded up with harpoons attached to its underside. ... Affirmative."

I think that's Nicole's way of saying it's a deal.

29. - Top - End - #149

There's a little roll of his eyes, sticking out his tongue. Quietly. Once Nicole's stormed past, and only after he's crunched up the straw and knocked the drink back, brushing crumbs from his chin. The wadded napkin's thrown on the table along with a handful of silver coins, and the cup. Plastic has turned to fruit leather, landing soggily and slowly crumpling down into a sad little pile.

"I haff things to bring." Adel adds as he catches up at the door, pushing himself from the ground to hover alongside her. "And obviously, I vill not haff the rest of your lot involved."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina glances around about half-way through her meal. There was a lady with an axe to grind. She seemed both sensual and terrifying at the same time. Probably best not to get involved, especially considering some sort of candy golem was trying to attack her. Then not and drinking with her. Yeah, that's not something to touch even on a good day. That was some adventure plot hook. Reina's retired from adventures.

Then there was that tall rather skinny... woman Reina thinks. Maybe. The most distinctive part about her seemed to be her goggles. Which were kinda neat. She seemed to be well-armed, but that's to be expected of everyone in BDD. Maybe not as much as axe lady, but enough for a good scrap. Reina gives Cassidy a friendly wave and a matching smile with a side of "Hi."

The other feline in the bar really catches her attention though. Reina squints at her before slowly moving towards her. Step. Reina's sure... step... that she's seen her somewhere before... step. When getting just close enough to peer over the book, she stops and lets out an "Ah HA! I do know you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.