New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIII

"Good, because I don't plan to involve the rest of my lot."

A furious Nicole sharply shoots back at Adel. They have to strike while the iron is hot, and she'll have to coordinate her actions with Zefir so that 1) she can secure the vault with Adel and 2) Zefir can secure the traitors before they can escape his net - if Adel agrees to her terms. He is, whether Nicole likes it or not, calling the shots...for now.

The time for jolly cooperation and negotiation with an angry goddess is upon us!

"I..."

"Gather your things and meet me at the top of the parking structure across the road in - how long will it take you to gather your things? Rrrr! I'll hold off on contacting 'my lot' until the target knows we're en route or is about to learn that we're en route the fun way."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cassidy lets out a quiet chuckle as she decides to forgo the shot glass, drinking straight from the bottle. "Those AMEN types. Love to see them take on Renraku. Squash of the ages."

Reina just gets a short wave from her. Cassidy's never met her before, why bother with the talking thing?
    Last edited by Devixer; 2015-09-08 at 12:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The other feline in the bar really catches her attention though. Reina squints at her before slowly moving towards her. Step. Reina's sure... step... that she's seen her somewhere before... step. When getting just close enough to peer over the book, she stops and lets out an "Ah HA! I do know you!"
    The book-bearing babe responds at first with a startled sound and flinch, the book lowering to reveal her vivid... pink... eyes.
    Oh, um, hello! I don't think I know you... though you do look familiar...
    She responds, the form of the woman before her ringing a bell somewhere within the web of memory that she's not exactly able to be called towards.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #154

Adel tuts, a little inhalation whistling through the gates of his shiny sharp teeth. He holds up a finger. It can't be good news, although the vampire is certainly smiling. "I vill be back in, oh, fifteen minutes. Vhat may be a little longer is getting this done."

"It's a big place ve're going, and you should think - Vacation." His hands arc the shape of the word, wide and excited. A happy little visit to a happy little beach where they serve fruity drinks right out on the sunkissed sand. With a wave, Adel points his colleague towards the bar. "Start this off right, get a little drunk before ve go. You're vay to vorked up right now. Go find something a little less anger and more of the cold burning vengeance."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

A two wave minimum before moving on to speaking terms seems perfectly reasonable.

"Well no, you don't know me at all." Reina squints her eyes a little at the new discovery. "But I totally know you! You're Magtok and Elly's kid aren't you? I didn't know she had one. Did she ever make it back? Magtok must've been ecstatic. No wait. Maybe Magtok just used Elly's DNA and grew you in a vat. He does that sometimes. Were you vat grown or natural?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #156

A two wave minimum before moving on to speaking terms seems perfectly reasonable.

"Well no, you don't know me at all." Reina squints her eyes a little at the new discovery. "But I totally know you! You're Magtok and Elly's kid aren't you? I didn't know she had one. Did she ever make it back? Magtok must've been ecstatic. No wait. Maybe Magtok just used Elly's DNA and grew you in a vat. He does that sometimes. Were you vat grown or natural?"
    The fiction-bearing fraulein, face showing feeling of confusion and shortly thereafter amusement, shakes her head.
    I'm afraid you have the wrong parents, though the choice of Magtok is rather ironic.
    Her voice and visage become laced with resentment as she speaks the following, the last words of her reply
    You see, they're Caelynn and Reinholdt
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina's eyes widen in surprise. Part because Reinholdt baby, part because this person was actively admitting it to random strangers in a dangerous bar. Dammit, the Rein collective never told her anything. Hell she didn't even learn about the triplets until they were one. And who the hell was Caelynn?

"Ah. I was wrong. My apologies then, for interrupting your book." Reina backs away, returning to her seat. At least the familiarity was explained. But Reina definitely would've preferred it if it was an Elly/Magtok happy ending.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #158

Reina's eyes widen in surprise. Part because Reinholdt baby, part because this person was actively admitting it to random strangers in a dangerous bar. Dammit, the Rein collective never told her anything. Hell she didn't even learn about the triplets until they were one. And who the hell was Caelynn?

"Ah. I was wrong. My apologies then, for interrupting your book." Reina backs away, returning to her seat. At least the familiarity was explained. But Reina definitely would've preferred it if it was an Elly/Magtok happy ending.
    When you get to adult reinbabby, I think you're cleared of any likelihood to cause an apocalypse (due to genes, at least! )
    It's fine, no need to apologize. Before you go, mind sharing who you are? You look so familiar, the name's practically on the tip of my tongue, so to speak.
    She responds, intrigued in Reina's identity.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Got nothing to do with the apocalypse. Reinholdt's already proven that other kids he has won't cause the apocalypse with his second son years ago. It's admitting you're related to him that's surprising.

"Me? I'm the daughter of Zevanna and Irusk. I doubt you've heard of them." What with them being so long dead and a different species on a different planet in a different universe. It's pretty far removed from well known.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril shakes himself free of deadtime and realizes he's been out for a while and has things to do. Under the watchful eye of his guard, the drow busies himself about the place, leaving instructions with the goblin staff. He then pops into his office and exits a moment later wearing a clean shirt and his signature hat (sans the usual giant feather). Gesturing for the lady drow to come along, he exits the building and goes out into the city.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #161

Got nothing to do with the apocalypse. Reinholdt's already proven that other kids he has won't cause the apocalypse with his second son years ago. It's admitting you're related to him that's surprising.

"Me? I'm the daughter of Zevanna and Irusk. I doubt you've heard of them." What with them being so long dead and a different species on a different planet in a different universe. It's pretty far removed from well known.
    Alexis raises an eyebrow.
    I mean who are you besides heritage? What's your name, at the very least? Mine's Alexis, but most know me as Blanche.

Reina's words sound rather evasive to Blanche, which makes the feline rather interested in the woman. After all, one who seems so unwilling to share their name upon learning of her heritage has motives.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup. And the motive is, don't introduce yourself to someone who hasn't introduced themselves first.

"Oh. I'm Ceridwen Moon. Nice to meet you." That and not revealing you're the genderbent version of an absent father. Because Blanche has enough daddy issues at the moment. She's long since generated a decent cover name for herself considering she moonlights as Invincibelle. Or did at any rate.

"What're you reading?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #163

Yup. And the motive is, don't introduce yourself to someone who hasn't introduced themselves first.

"Oh. I'm Ceridwen Moon. Nice to meet you." That and not revealing you're the genderbent version of an absent father. Because Blanche has enough daddy issues at the moment. She's long since generated a decent cover name for herself considering she moonlights as Invincibelle. Or did at any rate.

"What're you reading?"
    No, Blanche must have ALL THE DADDY ISSUES!

A History of Remnant. It's about the world I'm from, really interesting stuff!
    She responds, always enjoying talking about books.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

But at that point, are they daddy issues or mommy issues?

"Are you from the Nexus? Cause I'm pretty sure there was a Remnant here. Or is that a coincidence because the word is a functional name that overlaps in many worlds?" Gah, if Blanche isn't even from the Nexus, then Reina really has double the lack of clue who Caelynn could possibly be. Stupid infinite parallel universes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #165

But at that point, are they daddy issues or mommy issues?

"Are you from the Nexus? Cause I'm pretty sure there was a Remnant here. Or is that a coincidence because the word is a functional name that overlaps in many worlds?" Gah, if Blanche isn't even from the Nexus, then Reina really has double the lack of clue who Caelynn could possibly be. Stupid infinite parallel universes.
    Funnily enough, Blanche and Caelynn are in a bit of a rocky relationship (ew no not that kind),so i guess double mommy issues!

I'm from the nexus, but my heritage is from a world known as Remnant. I lived there for quite a while, actually.
    The feline fraulein chuckles.
    It's funny, there's so many names and yet we seem to favor just a few.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, I see." An entire world called Remnant.
    Who would name their world Remnant? Maybe some seeded colony of another world perhaps.
    "Well that's because everyone everywhere speaks English." It's strange. And someone in another thread would go and disprove this point a little.

"So then, you're just reading for fun? Wouldn't you already know the history if you grew up there?" Presuming they have some kind of education system. Which might be a big presumption.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2015-09-09 at 08:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #167

"Oh, I see." An entire world called Remnant.
    Who would name their world Remnant? Maybe some seeded colony of another world perhaps.
    "Well that's because everyone everywhere speaks English." It's strange. And someone in another thread would go and disprove this point a little.

"So then, you're just reading for fun? Wouldn't you already know the history if you grew up there?" Presuming they have some kind of education system. Which might be a big presumption.
    Blanche nods in agreement, amicable smile upon her lips as she places her book down.
    It's a welcome little oddity, I must say. I prefer not to think about it too much, it feels like looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    She frowns in thought. Does anyone actually buy horses anymore, much less gift them (besides rich parents for little girls of course!)?

I was only there for the 10 years I trained to be a huntress, and although there was a varied curriculum, training to defend home was kinda the priority. Besides, there's only so much detail you can put into a class, and the books go into all the neat little pieces of info!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"You know I always thought the point was that a wise man was supposed to look the gift horse in the mouth, lest the horse murder your entire country."
    Why does it mean something you're not supposed to think about? Madness.

"I suppose." Reina wasn't much of a reader anymore. Used to hit books a lot back in the treasure hunting days and there was undeniable hidden tidbits within those pages. It was just soooooo boring to go through. Her least favorite part of the hunt. "Any exciting tidbits about Remnant the world?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #169

"You know I always thought the point was that a wise man was supposed to look the gift horse in the mouth, lest the horse murder your entire country."
    Why does it mean something you're not supposed to think about? Madness.

"I suppose." Reina wasn't much of a reader anymore. Used to hit books a lot back in the treasure hunting days and there was undeniable hidden tidbits within those pages. It was just soooooo boring to go through. Her least favorite part of the hunt. "Any exciting tidbits about Remnant the world?"
    I'll leave that to the wiser men, and keep that in mind for next time. Maybe I'll remember it at a point where I'm smart enough to evade the gift horse biting me during inspection.
    Blanche responds, tone good-humored and laced with amusement.
    Well, yes, but first you need to know the basic story of my world.
    Should Reina not object, Blanche will provide it!
    Long ago, when man was born, so to speak, we were preyed upon by beasts known as Grimm that pretty much only seek to destroy. We overcame them with a unique substance known as Dust, gems and sands of elemental properties. We have built many knigdoms, but the Grimm have always been around. It's the job of people known as Hunters and Huntresses to slay Grimm and defend the people of Remnant.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimm. Dust. Remnant. Man this world had terrible naming conventions. And Reina thought the Nexus was bad. What is it about names that make them so hard to come up with? They're mostly nonsensical anyways, except for maybe some roots.

"So why do the Grimm seek to destroy man?" It's a reasonable question. Food source? Territorial disputes? Doesn't like the cut of their jib? That must be it. Their jib is just not satisfactory enough and they must be purged.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #171

Grimm. Dust. Remnant. Man this world had terrible naming conventions. And Reina thought the Nexus was bad. What is it about names that make them so hard to come up with? They're mostly nonsensical anyways, except for maybe some roots.

"So why do the Grimm seek to destroy man?" It's a reasonable question. Food source? Territorial disputes? Doesn't like the cut of their jib? That must be it. Their jib is just not satisfactory enough and they must be purged.
    Don't forget everyone under a certain age being named after colors!

Honestly, we don't know.
    Blanche responds.
    Grimm only seem to target people and what we create, and while they do fight wildlife, we believe that's more territorial dispute than hunting. Honestly, we doubt Grimm even need to hunt humans for food, merely doing so for the sake of killing or a natural urge of some sort.
    They're definitely supernatural, so to speak, as they appear to be lured by fear and other negative emotions, and they are definitely intelligent, as Grimm who survive battles learn from how their opponents fight, and some ancient ones don't even antagonize humanity but instead lie in wait for a more opportune time to strike.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Thankfully Blanche hasn't mentioned that yet. Or Reina might just have a headache.

"Hmmm... might not be supernatural. After all, fear and hate and such does produce certain chemicals and pheromones. Maybe that's what attracts them?" Reina shrugs. All speculation really.

"Is that the sum total of the basic story or was there something more?" There is/was some sort of lead up to interesting tidbits. And everyone needs more information!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #173

Thankfully Blanche hasn't mentioned that yet. Or Reina might just have a headache.

"Hmmm... might not be supernatural. After all, fear and hate and such does produce certain chemicals and pheromones. Maybe that's what attracts them?" Reina shrugs. All speculation really.

"Is that the sum total of the basic story or was there something more?" There is/was some sort of lead up to interesting tidbits. And everyone needs more information!
    I think the Grimm would need really good noses for that, but I'm a Huntress, not a scientist, so I may be wrong.
    Blanche shrugs as she says so, before responding again

Well, there is another. We hunters and Huntresses channel a power known as Aura, which is one of those soul-created magical powers, to shield themselves and fight with a unique power called a semblance. We combine this with a chosen weapon, many creating custom weaponry that have rather... unique design and property. I knew a girl in school who fought with a sniper rifle that doubled as a scythe, using the momentum of shots to travel at high speed and generate enough force to slice and swing the weapon because, and I can not stress this enough, it was one bigass scythe.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's... I just... I can't... no. No." Reina looks to be on the verge of having a stroke, her hands shaking and gesticulating wildly, her face contorted and seemingly in pain as she speaks with greater fervency, voice becomining high pitched. Blanche seems to have broke her. "Eve no. You just... you just can't. It's just a flagrant disregard for the whole point of... I mean, if it were a shotgun I could maybe understand, but using a sniper rifle for momuntum to get into melee? That's so... ARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!" The catgirl's nearly incomprehensible tirade comes to an end with a scream before she buries her head into her arm on the table and openly weeps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #175

"That's... I just... I can't... no. No." Reina looks to be on the verge of having a stroke, her hands shaking and gesticulating wildly, her face contorted and seemingly in pain as she speaks with greater fervency, voice becomining high pitched. Blanche seems to have broke her. "Eve no. You just... you just can't. It's just a flagrant disregard for the whole point of... I mean, if it were a shotgun I could maybe understand, but using a sniper rifle for momuntum to get into melee? That's so... ARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!" The catgirl's nearly incomprehensible tirade comes to an end with a scream before she buries her head into her arm on the table and openly weeps.
    Blanche watches Reina's outburst of an emotion one can really only describe with the phrase "What The ****?!", and she honestly can't help but find the whole thing rather funny despite it all. One can't blame her for chuckling, honestly!
    Sorry, I've never seen anyone else react exactly how the laws of physics feel in Remnant.
    She apologizes, embarrassed.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

One can and one does.
    Reina lays her head sideways and wipes her eyes with her other sleeve. "No one gives a **** about physics. It's the abuse of the spirit of the weapon... oh never mind. I wouldn't be able to explain it in words. Sorry for interrupting your story." If Blanche can handle Reina's pitiful dejected look, she can continue!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #177

One can and one does.
    Reina lays her head sideways and wipes her eyes with her other sleeve. "No one gives a **** about physics. It's the abuse of the spirit of the weapon... oh never mind. I wouldn't be able to explain it in words. Sorry for interrupting your story." If Blanche can handle Reina's pitiful dejected look, she can continue!
    The regret from disapproving looks come later
    Blanche gives a playful little scratch behind Reina's ear, a good-humored little grin on her lips.
    I'd at least like to hear you try putting your thoughts into words.
    she replies with a sincere tone
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina narrows her eyes a bit, tempted to bat away the hand. But she relents and allows the ear scritches in the end without horribly maiming Blanche.

At least until she lifts her head and sits back up properly. "Bah. No really, forget it. There's no point in ranting about a world I've never even seen, let alone can do nothing to change. Let's just move on." It's not like she uses sniper rifles anymore anyways. The one godslayer got sold and even before that she moved away from the sniper position when she took on the mantle of Invincibelle. Let the newfangled generation use sniper rifles how they wish. Just... off her lawn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #179

Reina narrows her eyes a bit, tempted to bat away the hand. But she relents and allows the ear scritches in the end without horribly maiming Blanche.

At least until she lifts her head and sits back up properly. "Bah. No really, forget it. There's no point in ranting about a world I've never even seen, let alone can do nothing to change. Let's just move on." It's not like she uses sniper rifles anymore anyways. The one godslayer got sold and even before that she moved away from the sniper position when she took on the mantle of Invincibelle. Let the newfangled generation use sniper rifles how they wish. Just... off her lawn.
    Hey, how would Blanche know catgirl types vary in how like cats they are when it comes to ears? Blanche likes them, and Ceri appears to be the same type of catgirl she is, after all!
    Besides, the unintentional irritation lasts for just a couple of seconds (though maybe ear scritches are so bad that it feels like longer XD)

Well, if it helps think of it as a clever way to utilize the weapon's large caliber in an interesting idea. Anyways, her weapon isn't the most crazy or bizarre that've existed. There's a guy who wielded a staff that doubled as nunchucks that were sets of small shotguns because of course they were, and a sort of flamethrower that, I kid you not, had a thermos as its passive form.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Ear scritches are pleasant to Reina. But Blanche was still a mostly stranger who may or may not be after Rein's inheritance fortune via a murder mystery.

Besides, biting the hand that feeds you is a cat's job.

"But those make sense!" Within the confines of short range. And keeping your tea warm. "I never really got into flamethrowers like I felt I should. Something always tickled at the back of my mind telling me to stay away." Mostly because flamethrowers were Stu's weapon of choice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast