New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ear scritches are pleasant to Reina. But Blanche was still a mostly stranger who may or may not be after Rein's inheritance fortune via a murder mystery.

Besides, biting the hand that feeds you is a cat's job.

"But those make sense!" Within the confines of short range. And keeping your tea warm. "I never really got into flamethrowers like I felt I should. Something always tickled at the back of my mind telling me to stay away." Mostly because flamethrowers were Stu's weapon of choice.
    Murder via ear scritches!?
    There's a saying that I've heard: A dog is fed an d petted, so dogs assume you must be god. A cat is fed and petted, so cats assume they must be god.

I've always been a Marksman Rifle type. Sniper rifles are just awesome, but being a huntress means you can't hole away and pick off enemies from afar. I like being able to kill from afar if possible, but I need the ability to fight well at closer range too.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

No comment. >>

"So then, what crazy impractical weapon do you use to compensate for close range? Hammer shuriken? The flail spork? Maybe a laser that doubles as a laser?" Because a laser that uses recursion to make a bazillion more lasers can only be a good thing.

And also highly distracting. @.@
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2015-09-17 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #183

No comment. >>

"So then, what crazy impractical weapon do you use to compensate for close range? Hammer shuriken? The flail spork? Maybe a laser that doubles as a laser?" Because a laser that uses recursion to make a bazillion more lasers can only be a good thing.

Somehow I doubt catgirls and laser weapons are a wise pairing
    The half-Faunus chuckles at the question.
    Well, I have a couple weapons to switch between actually. The ones I use mainly are a Ballistic Chain Blade, basically a chain scythe that doubles as a handheld pistol or shortsword, and a Multiform Marksman Rifle, which is really just a gun with different forms for different ranges.

- - - Updated - - -

No comment. >>

Somehow I doubt catgirls and laser weapons are a wise pairing
    The half-Faunus chuckles at the question.
    Well, I have a couple weapons to switch between actually. The ones I use mainly are a Ballistic Chain Blade, basically a chain scythe that doubles as a handheld pistol or shortsword, and a Multiform Marksman Rifle, which is really just a gun with different forms for different ranges.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Who needs wisdom when you have lasers?

"Well I can't fault someone for having an excess of weapon choices." Really, Reina couldn't even fault the crazy weapons. She's had just as ridiculous ones in the past. Maybe more so.

Oh Vera, you shall always be missed.

"So do you take after your father or your mother?" Someone taught Blanche to carry around psycho level weapons! And Reina couldn't be more proud of them.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2015-09-19 at 09:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #185

Who needs wisdom when you have lasers?

"Well I can't fault someone for having an excess of weapon choices." Really, Reina couldn't even fault the crazy weapons. She's had just as ridiculous ones in the past. Maybe more so.

Oh Vera, you shall always be missed.

"So do you take after your father or your mother?" Someone taught Blanche to carry around psycho level weapons! And Reina couldn't be more proud of them.
    The Empire didn't seem to have the wisest leadership, but they seemed to do pretty well. Clearly it was all the giant space laser

I honestly couldn't say. My father left the Nexus before my birth, something that doesn't endear him to me at all, so I couldn't say anything about his personality. My mother is a lot more spirited and impulsive than I, however, so I suspect it'd be him.
    Blanche responds, her voice tinged with bitterness as she speaks of Reinholdt. Who knew unprotected curtaining and lack of knowledge of conception before leaving could cause such enmity?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Typical Thanksmas miracle it is.

"That right?" Reina supposed there were people out there more spirited and impulsive than Rein. She had her calculating moments after all.

"Well, I had probably better be off. Wouldn't want to distract you from your historical findings too much." Good books are supposedly hard to put down. Or so I keep getting told. Reina stands, leaving a generous tip on the table.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #187

Typical Thanksmas miracle it is.

"That right?" Reina supposed there were people out there more spirited and impulsive than Rein. She had her calculating moments after all.

"Well, I had probably better be off. Wouldn't want to distract you from your historical findings too much." Good books are supposedly hard to put down. Or so I keep getting told. Reina stands, leaving a generous tip on the table.
    Blanche takes after Reinholdt but only when he's having those moments, clearly
    Meeting you more than makes up for that, no worries.
    The catgirl responds, with a friendly "goodbye" added on. Despite how such a sentence may sound, this is not the start of a crazy weird Oedipus plot. Blanche just doesn't know it sounded flirtatious.

A few minutes after, Blanche herself departs the Black Dragon's Den
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

An individual strides into the Den. It's a tiefling, with dusky skin and dark hair. His forehead is adorned by a pair of curved horns, and his eyes are bright red. His build is slim and athletic, and he's dressed in travel-worn clothes - a cloak wrapped around a soft leather jacket and trousers. He looks warily around the bar, before taking a seat at a table.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #189

So many individuals entering the den at the same time since a third person enters now. A dark-skinned woman wearing a long white robe that looks almost too immaculate to exist outside a tv-commercial. It almost floats as she walks despite the fact it's clear she's wearing a black obsidian armor underneath that looks no less unnaturally perfect than the robe. She herself have more mundane human features but not so much that they contrast to her otherworldly clothing.

There is a sense of unrealness about this lady, especially in comparison to this down-to-earth bar. She takes a seat and the robe seem to spread itself perfectly over the chair so she doesn't end up sitting on it. "I think I'll have a... water please. With citrus." She orders from one of the goblins and then takes a closer look around. There were things to learn, even from a place like this.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-10-08 at 12:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Ambrosia might spot a travel-worn tiefling not far from where she stands.

"Well met," he says, inclining his head.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #191

The woman looks up at the tiefling with a smile. "Oh, hello there. Wh-who might you be?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

The tiefling bows slightly.

"I am Fayyaad ibn Haashid al-Zafar. A newcomer to this strange land."

13. - Top - End - #193

"I see, how nice. We already have so much in common. My name is Ambrosia Ithil, a traveler just like yourself." She says with a gesture at her armored chest. "But what makes a.. man such as yourself to approach me? I'm not really the most approachable person in the world." Her clothes did make her look rather alien, but they were so much more practical than ordinary clothes.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm going to have to spend a while in this Nexus," Fayyaad explains. "So I need to make myself familiar with it and its people. Besides, I wouldn't call you unapproachable, my lady. You make quite an impression."

15. - Top - End - #195

"An impression, sure. But the right one I wonder? Suitable if you like to come off as someone 'holier-than-thou' but less so if you simply want to actually socialize." She gestures at the chair on the other side of the table. "But why don't you have a seat considering you came all the way over here." The scholar grins.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Street]

An overly-decorated blue and silver aircar darts into view overhead, tilts strongly and circles once, slowing, and then drops straight down to land near the entrance to the Black Dragon. When the doors swing open and up like wings, Feng Bo emerges and stands next to the car, scanning the shadowed street.

The car looks rather out of place in this setting. It's a recent Skyside model with rental agency bumper stickers promising nothing good to thieves and carjackers, not that those promises carry much weight in this neighborhood. Bo looks it over thoughtfully, makes the ignition keycard disappear into his long red-grey coat, and turns away from the flyer with a small shrug.
    Staring into the dragon's jaw, one quickly learns wisdom. - Steven Brust, Jhereg

Nexus Character

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't mind if I do," Fayyaad says, sitting down. "Small-minded people might find your appearance intimidating. I'm lucky enough not to be counted among them."

18. - Top - End - #198

"Oh really? How fortunate." Ambrosia folds her arms over her chest. "But if I may put you on the spot, what's your more enlightened opinion then?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

cool Re: [Nexus] The Black Demon's Den XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Orm-Embar View Post
    An overly-decorated blue and silver aircar darts into view overhead, tilts strongly and circles once, slowing, and then drops straight down to land near the entrance to the Black Dragon. When the doors swing open and up like wings, Feng Bo emerges and stands next to the car, scanning the shadowed street.

The car looks rather out of place in this setting. It's a recent Skyside model with rental agency bumper stickers promising nothing good to thieves and carjackers, not that those promises carry much weight in this neighborhood. Bo looks it over thoughtfully, makes the ignition keycard disappear into his long red-grey coat, and turns away from the flyer with a small shrug.
    [Street]

Holly Dawson disembarks and stands next to Feng Bo. She pats her deceptively small backpack, as if to remind herself of its presence. Her sniper-rifle, a lot of different kinds of ammo, weapon repair kits and various other weapons are contained in the bag, along with a novel and some other items. The only piece visible is the .45 pistol holstered on her waist. Thank goodness for Shadowrun and it's hammerspace inventory.

"Rig it with explosives or some kind of trap. Let's give anyone with ideas a nasty surprise." She offers, pointing to the car.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"I find it curious," Fayyaad says. "Your appearance speaks of someone a cut above the surrounding crowd, moving with a purpose."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Street]

Bo raises his eyebrows theatrically high and replies, "I appreciate the offer, but - explosives? You don't have to do that. It's not even my car, just a rental."
    Last edited by Orm-Embar; 2015-10-11 at 04:25 PM.
    Staring into the dragon's jaw, one quickly learns wisdom. - Steven Brust, Jhereg

Nexus Character

22. - Top - End - #202

"An interesting interpretation Mr. Fayyaad. I can't deny there is a purpose to my step. But what about yourself? Do you consider yourself a 'cut-above' the rest? You seem to be of noble birth after all." Ambrosia asks.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

"I am indeed born to one of the noble families of my homeland, Moran-Ir," Fayyaad says with a nod. "As for whether I'm a cut above the crowd... that's not for me to say. But I certainly strive to be."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orm-Embar View Post
    Bo raises his eyebrows theatrically high and replies, "I appreciate the offer, but - explosives? You don't have to do that. It's not even my car, just a rental."
    [Street]

"Better safe than sorry. I'd offer to keep watch, but we need both of our eyes. If we're not distracted, I'll keep an eye on it while we're inside. I'll be able to see it, Bo."

Holly gestures to the entrance with her head. "Let's get moving."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Street -> Main Room]

"If you're willing to keep a watch out, that's as good as it gets," the sorcerer replies, pleased. He turns and leads the way through the shadows of squat industrial buildings and the pools of light cast by a few unbroken street-side lamps. He's not trying to be quiet and the sound of his boots echoes off the walls as they pass several outcast figures huddled around their bottles, cigarettes, and other, more exotic addictions, and into a doorway to what looks like another warehouse.

Light spills out of the open doorway along with the sounds of glass clinking and people laughing and talking loudly. Feng Bo enters the main room and leads the way to the bar, detouring around a few tables where humans, goblins, tieflings and others sit drinking with dice and cards scattered among them. Along the way he looks about, nodding to a few who he recognizes and looking to see who's new.

"Dark rum for me," he tells the goblin at the bar, "and anything my colleague here wants," indicating Holly. He puts money on the bar.
    Last edited by Orm-Embar; 2015-10-11 at 08:17 PM.

Nexus Character

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

[Street -> Main Room]

"Wiz."

Holly follows closely behind Bo, her eyes scanning every single person in the room. She takes a seat at the bar and taps it twice. "Scotch."

27. - Top - End - #207

Ambrosia eyes the two new-comers as they enter, colleagues? Didn't look like law-enforcing agents despite both obviously being prepared for a fight. Military perhaps? Either way it probably wasn't her concern. She always kept an eyes out for person of interest however and they weren't talking that quietly...
    She turns back to Fayyaad. "That's certainly something to strive for. Hardly something which comes naturally. I strive to do the same myself actually, to improve and change, to try new things. But how did you intend to improve yourself here in the nexus though? A noble such as yourself must have some means."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

[At the Bar]

The man in the red-gray coat maybe hesitates a moment too long on seeing the woman in immaculate black armor and white robes, before continuing on his way to the bar, but that's about all the reaction he shows. Can't go around flinching every time you see someone wearing unusual armor in the Nexus, after all.

When the drinks arrive, he raises his glass in Holly's direction. "Kanpai!"
    Last edited by Orm-Embar; 2015-10-14 at 09:12 AM.

Nexus Character

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

"To tell you the truth, I don't quite know yet," Fayyaad says honestly. "I am a noble, but I'm an expatriate noble. I had to leave my homeland due to the religious persecution people like me face there. So I have to find a purpose for myself here."

30. - Top - End - #210

"May I suggest a job of some sort? I know devoting yourself to a craft could help you find a purpose. Perhaps not the first job but.... there is potential there." Ambrosia suggests.