New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default D20 revised edition ( mining questions )

So I find on wookiepedia references about mining lasers and the like, but I am unable to find references to these in and of the D20 materials or even saga for that matter

does anyone know if there is a book reference to mining lasers or the like, if so can you point to the book, be it D20 or saga.

thankyou

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: D20 revised edition ( mining questions )

I can't recall them being mentioned or stat'ed in any of the Revised books (but I don't have all of them so they may exist) but how important is this? Is there anything existing you can use or adjust to suit your needs?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

You mean the mining lasers from Peragus in KotOR2? IIRC, game mechanically they were just standard blaster pistols and rifles with a small damage penalty - they may also have been a little bit heavier than standard weapons.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The only reference to Mining Lasers I know is from KOTOR2, as Phil mentioned. They were preferred to blasters because they were less energetic... they wouldn't blow up the fuel you were trying to mine. Checking GameBanshee's stats for them (link goes to the equipment database for KOTOR2), they had 1 less maximum damage than a "standard" blaster pistol, but were otherwise identical.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thread Hijack Alert!

Does anyone know what WotC did with the old website they had for the d20 Revised Edition books? I am not able to find it on the present site.

Thanks!
    By the Orange Queen!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jame Rowe View Post
    Thread Hijack Alert!

Does anyone know what WotC did with the old website they had for the d20 Revised Edition books? I am not able to find it on the present site.

Thanks!
    Most likely gone. Either when the revised edition was replaced with Saga edition, or once they stopped doing Saga.

You can still find some things by using WaybackMachine (or maybe some other web archive site) by searching for the following address(remove the space near the beginning):

w ww.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/mainrpg/rpg
    Last edited by Jeraa; 2015-08-21 at 04:25 PM.