New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Oracle 11/Paladin 4 needs feat suggestions (Pathfinder)

Hi,

the character is a human Oracle 11/Paladin 4, life mystery, haunted curse, hospitaler archetype.

STR 17
    DEX 16
    CON 14
    INT 19
    WIS 14
    CHA 26

HP 144 with DR 3/- due to dwarven plate armour

He has the following feats: selective channel, extra channel, quick channel, eclectic, toughness, greater mercy, craft magic arms and armour
    Revelations: channel, ernergy body, life link, lifesense
    Mercy: shaken

So he's running around in plate armour because someone has to, but as the main focus is on oracle, he has a hard time hitting anything (BAB 12) or doing damage to it.
    The others in the group are a fighter 4/wizard 4/arcane archer 7, a rogue 4/sorceror 4/arcane trickster 7 and a wizard 15, currently accompanied by a monk 15 and cleric 15 which we hired to help us in this giant necropolis. The wizard 15 was also hired, but the druid decided to abandon her char after she died and of the three choices she wanted to play the wizard.

So, this oracle/paladin has 2 unspent feats. Which are bugging me, since the monsters are getting tougher with each ring of the necropolis.
    As an oracle of life I don't yet have any damage spells except for the channel, which with its 6D6 isn't that great, but helps with the undead we're fighting now.
    So, my casting is mainly heals and support (blessing of fervor and righteous might is nice, but I tend to not cast it that much because I could need the spells per day later ... )

I should work on my melee damage, but I have no idea where to start and what to strive for.
    For the necropolis I bought a 1H warhammer +3 +disruption - sometimes they do fail their saving throw.
    With that and my usual items and a +4 shield spell from the arcane trickster, I'm at AC 34, initiative 3, touch 15, wrong foot 27, attacks +18/13/8 for 1D8+6 damage.
    If the arcane archer has a good round, he's easily at 50+ damage just with his bow (he rarely casts).
    I'd need to hit better and with more power behind it to make it worth actually engaging in melee combat instead of just waiting for any monster to come close.
    But as far as I know, you trade to hit in order to get more damage done, which will not help against enemies with AC25+.

There sure is something I'm missing. The oradin guide didn't help later on since I got mainly into oracle instead of paladin.
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Oracle 11/Paladin 4 needs feat suggestions (Pathfinder)

Well, there's always Extra Channel one more time or Extra Lay on Hands.
    Otherwise, Ultimate Mercy is a nice way of saving money if you need to Raise Dead, as you can take a temporary negative level that lasts a day instead of paying the material component.
    Expanded Arcana can give you more spells known if you feel you need it.
    Reactive Healing would give you immediate action healing to yourself in case things go pear-shaped.
    Channeling Force could give you more damage on your melee attacks. Pair it with simple spells like Divine Favor (1st level) for bonus to attack and damage... no need to go Righteous Might to get bonus to attack as Bless and Divine Favor could give you an edge (Bless would also lasts you 11 minutes and benefit the entire party too).

BTW, might be a houserule in your group but the Shield spell normally is a Personal spell and thus cannot be cast on others.
    RHoD: Soah | SC: Green Sparrow | WotBS: Sheliya |RoW: Raani | SA: Ariste | IG: Hemali | RoA: Abelia | WftC: Elize | Zeitgeist: Rutile
    Mystara: Othariel | Vette | Scarlet

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Oracle 11/Paladin 4 needs feat suggestions (Pathfinder)

Ah, thanks for the suggestions.

I'm sure the actual spell the arcane trickster casts on the party members is not Shield (she casts that on herself), but something else.