New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fantasy of The God Bearers

The elder shakes his head. The seal poses no threat to you unless you try to wrongfully or forcefully take it. But the mountain in which we have hidden it, is not the safest of journeys to make. The twins will accompany you for assistance as well as to witness if you are indeed a godbearer. If you can weild a seal that is not the one I have hidden, that fact will also be revealed.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Right, ok. So, if I come back from this and it's proven that I'm not a Godbearer, will you still help me learn how to wield the powers I do have?

As long as you agree to that, I'll go on this journey for you."

Avatar image: "What Only Exists In The Mind," Jeffrey Smith, www.ascendingstorm.com

3. - Top - End - #63

The elder looks at you finally and smiles. I never turn away a student.

4. - Top - End - #64

"Alright then. When do we leave? What should I take with me? Wait, and just where are we going?"

Avatar image: "What Only Exists In The Mind," Jeffrey Smith, www.ascendingstorm.com

5. - Top - End - #65

The elder smiles. I have something I must attend to. I'll allow the twins to fill you in on everything you need to know. He then waves a brief gesture of goodbye before he heads down the stairs and the twins turn on you.

Palom: Mt. Ordeals

Porom: It's a mountain to the east. First we must make it through the woods to get there.

Palom: Ready yet?

Porom: We will leave whenever you are comfortable. It's about a full day's travel if you'd like to rest and explore and ask questions and anything else until morning.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Given the fact that I am playing these characters and get confused, just a reminder. Palom is the male twin and Porom is the female twin. I keep forgetting so if it helps you distinguish their similar names then here you go.

6. - Top - End - #66

"That sounds like a good idea. Let's leave in the morning!

In the meantime, would you be willing to show me around the town?"
    Tahu asks, not wanting to depart again so soon, and also wondering what sort of things might be found in this town so known for its magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Got it, thanks. I was just about to go check who was who too.

Anyway we can do a time skip if you don't have anything for the town. Or if you do we can go through them, not a big deal which to me

7. - Top - End - #67

Spoiler: Town
    Show
    I'll give a brief description of most of town and you let me know if there is anything. Mainly because there is one or more things that I specifically want to mention so that you have the opportunity if you choose to role play because they may come in handy later.

The twins happily (well Porom happily, Palom rather indifferently) show you around town.

The begin with the tower itself. The tower is a round building with a first floor that is larger and more square than the rest of it. As you pass floors the twins tell you what they are used for. There are dozens of floors. Some used for housing the trainees. Some used for libraries of books, all pertaining to history and magic. Some floors are there to explore and experiment with magic. Several of the experimental floors have strange sounds coming out from it. The bottom floor is a common area and greeting area. There you see several trainees milling about, joking around, having good times, and one couple in the corner who may be under the impression they are actually on their housing floor. All of the trainees wore either long white robes or long blue robes.

The town itself is a very standard town except that magic is common place. There are shops and restaurants and taverns and residential buildings. Everywhere though it seems magic abounds. People are using magic to engage in business, do simple tasks, and nearly everywhere sells some type of magical items or potions.

Things of note: Though the city is on a shoreline, there is also a pretty expansive lake in the southern part. There is no indication of any official buildings except for one on the edge of town with guards posted and no other people within a 50 ft radius of it.

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll give you a list we can rp through / have you narrate through depending on what you think:

- Tahu will be interested in seeing what he can of the experimental magic rooms.
    - He'll also make some conversation in the common area to try to meet a few new people.
    - He'll check out that building with the guards.
    - And probably end the day with a walk around the lake.

9. - Top - End - #69

In order. Just stop reading if you feel you want to take any significant action. And then act.

Spoiler: magic experimentation rooms
    Show
    Some rooms are locked. Some are empty. Some just have students studying. Some have individual or groups of students, sometimes with a teacher, practicing spells you recognize and spells you do not. They range from creating water to destroying half the wall. Or at least youd think it would destroy the wall. You have reason to believe the walls, in those rooms at least, are magic resistant.

Spoiler: conversation
    Show
    I don't have anyone of note here but you can create friends if you want to have a specific person. Races vary. Skill levels vary. Ages and gender vary. It seems like a true place open to all kinds of magical people. They all welcome you and ask about where you are from and most provide their own origins if prompted. You also learn the difference in the robes. Blue robes are students who focus on more combat oriented magic. Offensive rebuffs and attacks and such. White robes are students who specialize in healing and buffs and utility spells. Granted most can cast both to some extent but they seem to prioritize one type of another. You see all magic using classes represented.

Spoiler: Guarded Building
    Show
    If you approach the guards turn to face you, hands ready to draw their swords in a second. Stay back. You may not enter.

10. - Top - End - #70

Spoiler: Rooms
    Show
    He'll just poke his head in, and if he can't understand what he's seeing after watching or listening for awhile, will move on.

Spoiler: Conversation
    Show
    Tahu will try to get a sense of where people tend to come from - does it draw from all over the world? From some areas more than others? He'll also ask if the school charges tuition, or how everything there is payed for otherwise.

He'll try to get a sense of if some ways of using magic are more common at the Academy, either among students or teachers.

He'll describe his own origins well enough, and talk about being a sailor. He'll also tell the story of his run-in with the pirates on the way here for anyone he can interest with it, in a way about as embellished as his journal entry was. And for anyone who's still around after that, or who says they don't believe him, he'll talk about how he's about to go on a mission for the Elder to prove whether or not (here he gets quiet, looks around furtively, all that) he's a god-bearer.

All his anxiety about it seems to vanish when he's performing for a crowd.

Spoiler: Building
    Show
    "I'm sorry to bother you, sirs," he says, "I was just curious. What are you holding here, if you don't mind me asking?"
    Last edited by Still_I_Rise; 2016-02-13 at 09:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Show
    Answers:
    People come from all over the world. Places you've heard of and a hand full you haven't.
    This town revolves around the school. Everyone helps out and pays for it. Without it, the town wouldn't be as thriving as it was. People give what they can; time, money, supplies.

Several of the students ignore your tales but several are fascinated. You get lots of questions, especially once you mention godbearer. They want to know what that means.

Show
    The guards begin to look confused? Holding? You aren't from around here are you? This is the Devil's road. It's been blocked off ever since that Dark Lord took over the other side.

12. - Top - End - #72

Show
    "But surely you know? I mean, you're students here..." Tahu says quietly, momentarily confused. "Well, it just means you're very powerful. That's what it means," he says, recollecting himself and carrying on.

Show
    "Devil's Road? Dark Lord? No, I'm not from around here. Can you fill me in?"

13. - Top - End - #73

Spoiler: answers
    Show

The students are awed by you but all solidly insist they have never heard of a Godbearer.

Spoiler: devils road
    Show

The twins grab you and pull you aside. Apologizing to the guards as they do so.

They explain a lot of things. Basically what you get from it is this:
    1. The devils road is a portal into the kingdom of baron which is across the sea.
    2. The dark knight was the noble Prince Cecil Harvey until suddenly he as well as all of baron closed itself off and became agressors attacking innocent cities like Mysidia
    3. The kingdom of baron, as you have heard, has the greatest militaries in the world and have always been keepers of peace until now.
    4. The elder said Cecil seemed hesitant last time he attacked. Like he doubted it but was following orders.

14. - Top - End - #74

Show
    Having regained his footing somewhat, Tahu just sticks with his answer about being a godbearer meaning you're powerful, and brushes off their questions by saying it'd be too complicated to explain, and really he has to go.

((Let's continue from the situation with the guards and twins below))

"Wow, I hadn't heard about any of that. Doesn't sound very good... do you think the prince is being manipulated by someone even more powerful?"

He'll try to find out as much as he can as they make their way back to the tower.

Eventually, he'll make his way to whatever chambers they provide for him to sleep in, and, despite trying to get plenty of sleep for the start of his journey, wind up tossing and turning far into the night.

As the morning dawns, he rises and stretches, still a little groggy. He soon remembers what's in store for the day, however, and is filled with excitement enough to make do for his loss of sleep. He dresses quickly and makes his way out to meet the twins and start their journey.