New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1507
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: General Anime/Manga Discussion 14: Second Cour

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Have you tried some of the stuff on my list? Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho in particular strikes me as something that's very hard not to enjoy. It's possible that I've just been looking harder for anime to watch this time, but in Winter 2017 I watched Netjuu no Susume and that was about it.
    I barely know what these series are if you use the Japanese titles since I can't recognize them and cannot tell what they are.

I know the colourful children one looks fun. I want to see small children shoot a bazooka at a cop. I should watch that, probably.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Halfway through, I'm something like:

1. Yuru Camp
    2. A Place Further than the Universe
    3. Mitsuboshi Colors
    4. Slow Start
    5. Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (because of following the dub, still only on episode 3)
    6. Katana Maidens (this dub is on episode 4)
    7. Citrus (dub is on episode 4)
    8. Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san
    9. Takunomi

Currently for older shows, watching Tsugumomo, which I'm enjoying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post

I know the colourful children one looks fun. I want to see small children shoot a bazooka at a cop. I should watch that, probably.
    Yes, yes you should. FYI that's Mitsuboshi Colors. Sora Yori is A Place Further than the Universe, which is often shortened to Sora Yori. Or, I just call it "Antarctica".

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Do any of the legal subscription streaming services have the English dubs of both Neon Genesis Evangelion and End of Evangelion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

To my knowledge there's no simple legal way to watch Evangelion - it's one of the big gaps in the canon. No one's streaming it and the DVDs are out of print, so you'd need to buy disks at huge markup on ebay or similar if you don't want to pirate it. I'm not sure why - it might be that the arrangements around Rebuild have put the original into a weird licensing limbo compared to other Gainax properties which are available.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a redditor from r/animedubs who made this handy google doc listing everywhere you can legally watch any dub https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...bs_FwQrMY/edit

Cntrl+F tells me Evangelion isn't available anywhere.

Speaking of, don't remember if anyone mentioned it, Hulu has the Kill la Kill dub now.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, as kamikasei's touched-on, Evangelion's been in kind of a distribution rights limbo for a while now. As such it's rather difficult to find through ways more legitimate channels.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of Evangelion, I've seen a lot of people call the rebuild movies "NTE." What,if anything, does NTE stand for?

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gomipile View Post
    Speaking of Evangelion, I've seen a lot of people call the rebuild movies "NTE." What,if anything, does NTE stand for?
    New Theatrical Edition.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just random thought about random manga.

I can't believe that The Promised Neverland still haven't let go of its tension even until now. Holy crap. You'd thought it will slack or slow down after almost a hundred chapter. You'd thought it'd jump the shark after the escape. You wonder how they could keep up the seemingly limited premise at the start. But no, for me personally, it's still as tight and tense as if you're being held with a knife on your throat for every single seventy-so chapters.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    New Theatrical Edition.
    Ah, thank you. I was assuming that the E stood for the same thing in each initialism.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

So.. Since FMA live action is on Netflix now I decided to have a look and it was... It's a thing that exists?
    I mean, it's clear that condensing a story like this into 2 hours is impossible and casting clearly European characters with Japanese people isn't helping but I wasn't surprised about that. But the acting was most of the time bad, the effects, too, and it seems to me they just picked some fan favorite parts of the story and glued them into a "plot".
    I could understand if this was just a cheap cash grab but at times it seemed they cared so... Can Japanese just not act? Or did they try to mirror the anime style reactions? Because that really doesn't work in live action.. I guess I should watch some other Japanese movies.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So.. Since FMA live action is on Netflix now I decided to have a look and it was... It's a thing that exists?
    I mean, it's clear that condensing a story like this into 2 hours is impossible and casting clearly European characters with Japanese people isn't helping but I wasn't surprised about that. But the acting was most of the time bad, the effects, too, and it seems to me they just picked some fan favorite parts of the story and glued them into a "plot".
    I could understand if this was just a cheap cash grab but at times it seemed they cared so... Can Japanese just not act? Or did they try to mirror the anime style reactions? Because that really doesn't work in live action.. I guess I should watch some other Japanese movies.
    There is plenty of good acting in Japanese films. This movie just had some very bad performances in it. It seems as though the production spent most of their effort on getting the visual style... mostly right, with a few egregious exceptions. The plot, line delivery, and general tone all suffer greatly from this adaptation.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

So.. have anyone been enjoying the Recent One Punch Man?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like where the plot is going, but I am irritated that they feel the need to explain his existence. His totally stupid explanation of his powers didn't need a deeper in universe explanation, even if it works well to explain the setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Since we're nearing the page cap, I've put together a poll with all the previously suggested titles for the next thread, so that we'll actually have some idea what to call it.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Just random thought about random manga.

I can't believe that The Promised Neverland still haven't let go of its tension even until now. Holy crap. You'd thought it will slack or slow down after almost a hundred chapter. You'd thought it'd jump the shark after the escape. You wonder how they could keep up the seemingly limited premise at the start. But no, for me personally, it's still as tight and tense as if you're being held with a knife on your throat for every single seventy-so chapters.
    One thousand percent. Even when they reveal something anyone could of seen coming a mile away it still kills it.

This only takes the knife away sparingly, and even then only to surprise you later on to find it wasn't actually gone, just somewhere else. Or as of recently...stabbed into you.

It's real good but I'm following the official translation so I'm probably behind everyone.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

I would recommend The Twilight Samurai. It's quite accessible: good acting, character-focused, but with enough action to keep it from getting slow.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

OPM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like where the plot is going, but I am irritated that they feel the need to explain his existence. His totally stupid explanation of his powers didn't need a deeper in universe explanation, even if it works well to explain the setting.
    Well it felt kinda relevant. Like in part it was talking just as much about what were starting to happen to Garou, as to what had happend with Saitama. And the explanation of the setting was also rather nice. Not to mention i found it kinda hilarious that "he paid a high price.. he grew completely bald.. " were likely said 100 % seriously.

It's real good but I'm following the official translation so I'm probably behind everyone.
    Likely, where is the official translation at the moment?

Anyone been watching Mob Psycho as well then?

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    I would recommend The Twilight Samurai. It's quite accessible: good acting, character-focused, but with enough action to keep it from getting slow.
    Seconded.

Spoiler: spoiler only if you don't think about the genre
    Show
    The only bad aspect was the overly drawn out death scene. It went from touching to 'just die already!'

20. - Top - End - #1490

OPM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well it felt kinda relevant. Like in part it was talking just as much about what were starting to happen to Garou, as to what had happend with Saitama. And the explanation of the setting was also rather nice. Not to mention i found it kinda hilarious that "he paid a high price.. he grew completely bald.. " were likely said 100 % seriously.

Likely, where is the official translation at the moment?

Anyone been watching Mob Psycho as well then?
    The official translation's latest chapter was the Hero Hunter defeating Gatling and his friends. It's way back, I think.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'll see what I can find concerning Japanese movies and maybe it will fix my opinion

Mostly... Or "well enough"? I guess it's personal preference but I'm into OPM for the comedy and not for... What's happening right now. Because frankly, this chapters main action is pretty cliché, even if the exposition is nice. Not to say what is happening is poorly done but I feel we've seen that bit a thousand times now.

One thousand percent. Even when they reveal something anyone could of seen coming a mile away it still kills it.

This only takes the knife away sparingly, and even then only to surprise you later on to find it wasn't actually gone, just somewhere else. Or as of recently...stabbed into you.
    Yes, yes, I'm going to catch up with it. My gosh

The official translation's latest chapter was the Hero Hunter defeating Gatling and his friends. It's way back, I think.
    Hm... I think that was about five chapters ago or so? Maybe more... I'm likely forgetting something.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #1492

Yes, yes, I'm going to catch up with it. My gosh
    Begin the hunt.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Titan in the Playground

As fast as this goes then thats not to far away. I did like the idea of the A-team joining up to fight the Monster Garou, even if they were not allowed to succeed due to plot.

Mostly... Or "well enough"? I guess it's personal preference but I'm into OPM for the comedy and not for... What's happening right now. Because frankly, this chapters main action is pretty cliché, even if the exposition is nice. Not to say what is happening is poorly done but I feel we've seen that bit a thousand times now.
    I do actually think that the action bits in OPM is good enough to drive a regular Super Hero manga on its own, even if the series true strenght lies in its at time absurd humor. The humor is then taking a slight backseat, though there were a few bits with #66 that made me laugh. Instead it seemed like we got some rather relevant plot progression.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: Nevermind; I found what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Fiery Diamond; 2018-02-28 at 03:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Titan in the Playground

Begin the hunt.
    Well, I AM caught up now
    I did / do enjoy the story but for some reason it didn't quite grasp me all the time, even though the author seems very intent on ending on cliffhangers. That's not to say anything about the story is bad, but I had no problem putting it down or not reading for a while. I can't quite say why... maybe because while the story is interesting and there is no particular reason for it, I don't feel connected to the characters (yet). I mean, I don't dislike them but... maybe it's because they are all / most a bit too perfect? Not sure if that's it. It's not that I dislike any of them but I can't say I really love any either.

The story itself is pretty interesting, as I said. I guess a few things seem orchestrated for the sake of the plot but I', okay with that. I'm curious enough to see where this is going.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #1496

Well, I AM caught up now
    I did / do enjoy the story but for some reason it didn't quite grasp me all the time, even though the author seems very intent on ending on cliffhangers. That's not to say anything about the story is bad, but I had no problem putting it down or not reading for a while. I can't quite say why... maybe because while the story is interesting and there is no particular reason for it, I don't feel connected to the characters (yet). I mean, I don't dislike them but... maybe it's because they are all / most a bit too perfect? Not sure if that's it. It's not that I dislike any of them but I can't say I really love any either.

The story itself is pretty interesting, as I said. I guess a few things seem orchestrated for the sake of the plot but I', okay with that. I'm curious enough to see where this is going.
    That's fair. I just really like it because it's just...so well drawn, with perfect but still flawed characters I feel, and the world is so fascinating, and it's just horrifying to see some of the imagery in it.

Speaking of which.
    Spoiler: Latest Promised Neverland Chapter
    Show
    DIE THE DEATH. SENTENCE TO DEATH. THE GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH. Rip that demon.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ogre in the Playground

Which DVD version of Neon Genesis Evangelion has the English dub, but with subtitles for the text screens? Especially for the 25th and 26th episodes.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Titan in the Playground

That's fair. I just really like it because it's just...so well drawn, with perfect but still flawed characters I feel, and the world is so fascinating, and it's just horrifying to see some of the imagery in it.

Speaking of which.
    Spoiler: Latest Promised Neverland Chapter
    Show
    DIE THE DEATH. SENTENCE TO DEATH. THE GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH. Rip that demon.
    Well, I guess my attempt to give it a thread on its own was futile.
    I think the art is pretty good, too, but I rarely get into something just because it looks great or interesting, I'm most often solely focused on the plot / characters / not art aspects.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #1499

Well, I guess my attempt to give it a thread on its own was futile.
    I think the art is pretty good, too, but I rarely get into something just because it looks great or interesting, I'm most often solely focused on the plot / characters / not art aspects.
    I didn't actually see that thread sorry D:

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Bugbear in the Playground

So for the last few seasons I couldn't be bothered to check out new anime. Is there anything that stands out that I should watch in the last year or so? (Not a big fan of sport anime but some are good, not particularly interested in "cute girls doing cute things" unless it is funny or I guess has really good character writing. Something funny is always nice. Proper fantasy is something I would give a try but proper fantasy is rare. But just name what you considered outstanding and I can filter myself.)