New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Comiter, no!" Marcus shouts, watching as the Cubone prepares to strike the fleeing Nidoran. With a small hop-step Marcus flings the second Pokeball, hoping to strike true.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Pokeball time!

AC 6: [roll0] (MOR AP)
    Capture: [roll1]
    Again, with the small poison type so weakened, it was captured quite easily. As you walked forwards to pick up the pokeball however, there was a rustling from the forest in front of you and another pokemon emerged, much much larger than the two you had just caught. It sniffed around a bit, stopping where the fight had been before looking up at you, its eyes on the pokeball in your hands. Her eyes narrowed. This mother was not happy. QUEEN! it bellowed as it fixed its eyes on you, and it began to charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nidoran (F) - Poison Point, Jolly, Level 8
    She used a sprint action, so you're up! GL;HF
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-30 at 11:02 AM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    The combination of the two attacks finally causes a chip to appear in Gladia's edge and her eye closes shut as she is knocked unconscious. Looking down at her in slight horror, Angus's eyes blaze as he returns his attention to Jean. He would not risk further injury to his Pokemon by using her further as a weapon. Dropping her, Angus holds his shield in both hands and lashes out. This time, it's for impact.

Spoiler: Round 2 Mechanics
    Show
    Gladia is now unconscious with 3 Injuries and -12 hp
    Angus uses Bash! on Jean
    AC 2: (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+22)[28]
    Lowers Jean's Initiative to 0 for 1 full around on 15+
    Jean grunts as the shield struck her squarely in the stomach. Won't surrender eh? Well, I suppose it wouldn' be fun any other way. She launches the same flurry of blows in an attempt to take you out while Chomper charged his power, ready to fire again if needed.

Spoiler
    Show

Jean uses Feint Attack on Angus - can't miss (1d20)[17]
    Physical Dark Damage (2d6+22)[28], on crit (2d6+10)[16]

Chomper uses Dragon Rage! AC 2 (1d20)[14]
    If you were fainted by feint attack, he will not use this attack.
    15 non-reducable damage, apply special evasion for to-hit however

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jean's knife darts in and out again, further weakening Angus. The final blow, however, is Chomper's ball of energy slamming into his back. He falls forward, instantly knocked unconscious and banging his head against the ground as he falls.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Jean's knife darts in and out again, further weakening Angus. The final blow, however, is Chomper's ball of energy slamming into his back. He falls forward, instantly knocked unconscious and banging his head against the ground as he falls.
    As the dark cloud begins to fall over your eyes, Jean stashes her knife and quickly slips your license into your pocket. We should do it again! she said happily. They you hear yelling, fell arms picking you up, and the fading sight of Jean leaping on top of the nearest building pursued by an irate guardsman.

And then the darkness swallowed you.

---

You woke up bruised and battered and worse for wear and without a clue to where you were at. Your head was fuzzy, and you had a bit of trouble processing what had happened.

There was an Audino next to you. Its hands glowed with white light that was stitching the final parts of your wounds and healing the last of the bruises. A few strands of the light, like pieces of yarn, stretched to your head and entered inside it. Suddenly your mind became much clearer, the fight, the blade, the darkness.

Your thought process was broken as a door opened rather noisily with the creak of ungreased hinges. It was one of the priests from before. Ah you're awake! he said with a smile. You got a bit roughed up today, but nothing that we couldn't take care of.

Gladia floated in behind him and quickly approached you the tassel on its hilt waving happily. And your Honedge is fine as well. How do you feel?

Spoiler
    Show
    34 Exp for Gladia, 2 for You

Since there were no more than three injuries on either of you and Pokecenters can heal three per day, so you're in the clear. However, you max out at injuries healed per day at three, so any more that you accrue cannot be healed and your Max HP will be affected accordingly.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 46/46; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 1

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Defense Combat Stage
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 0

"Whoa! No! Totally uncool! I know we're not supposed to fight you guys out here, but there's no way I'm letting you take these fish!" Dominic says, putting the other bag on the sand and putting himself between it and the cacnea. "Arlo! Opponent down field!" The sandshrew drops the bag and gets onto to all fours, staring the cacnea down. Shreeeew He growled at the cacnea.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 1
    Show
    Dominic
    Swift: Tag Cacnea

Arlo
    Not Arlo's Turn

6. - Top - End - #456

Angus rubs his forehead with his hand. Just because his injuries have been healed doesn't mean that the headache is gone. "How do you think I feel," Angus snarls in irritation. It's only after feeling in his pocket that Angus realizes that his license was back in his possession. What a strange girl... There will still be a reckoning of accounts, though... As Gladia approaches, Angus greets her with a warm hug... Well, as warm a hug as anyone can give a living sword, anyways. "I'm so sorry," he apologizes. "What kind of knight am I to let my Pokemon go down before I do?" Looking down at the Audino, Angus begrudgingly says, "I thank you, little healer, for sharing the Mother's mercy with me. I will try not to be back here too soon."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 46/46; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 1

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

"Whoa! No! Totally uncool! I know we're not supposed to fight you guys out here, but there's no way I'm letting you take these fish!" Dominic says, putting the other bag on the sand and putting himself between it and the cacnea. "Arlo! Opponent down field!" The sandshrew drops the bag and gets onto to all fours, staring the cacnea down. Shreeeew He growled at the cacnea.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 1
    Show
    Dominic
    Swift: Tag Cacnea

Arlo
    Not Arlo's Turn
    The cactus gave a smirk and moved his attention from the bags to Dominic. With its arm again swelling with water pressure, it fired off another needle at the trainer, though this one was smaller with a barbed head. They pulsed with a soft green light. When they latched onto your skin, you could feel their power draining away your vitality.

Spoiler
    Show

Leech Seed vs Dominic! AC 4 (1d20)[8]
    At the beginning of each of the target's turns, Leech Seed's target loses 1/10th of their full HP. Leech Seed's user then gains HP equal to the amount the target lost. Leech Seed lasts until the target faints or is returned to a Poké Ball.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-30 at 07:31 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus rubs his forehead with his hand. Just because his injuries have been healed doesn't mean that the headache is gone. "How do you think I feel," Angus snarls in irritation. It's only after feeling in his pocket that Angus realizes that his license was back in his possession. What a strange girl... There will still be a reckoning of accounts, though... As Gladia approaches, Angus greets her with a warm hug... Well, as warm a hug as anyone can give a living sword, anyways. "I'm so sorry," he apologizes. "What kind of knight am I to let my Pokemon go down before I do?" Looking down at the Audino, Angus begrudgingly says, "I thank you, little healer, for sharing the Mother's mercy with me. I will try not to be back here too soon."
    The Priest nodded. We understand. While we take pride in our ability to heal others, we would prefer if healing were never required. We continue to pray for the peace that Mother sought.

If you need healing, please visit here whenever you need, as well as if you ever require out religious services.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459

Angus's stomach gurgles. "Right now, I need food more than prayers." Standing up, Angus stands still as Gladia gleefully clings over his shoulder. As he heads out the door, Angus stops and says, "Thanks again, brother."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus's stomach gurgles. "Right now, I need food more than prayers." Standing up, Angus stands still as Gladia gleefully clings over his shoulder. As he heads out the door, Angus stops and says, "Thanks again, brother."
    The priest nods his head and whispers a blessing for you in any case as you leave.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461

Angus makes his way down to the marketplace. He doesn't have a lot of money, but he should be able to afford at least one meal. As he walks, Angus considers Gladia's situation. Does she even need to eat? How does she eat?

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

"Whoa! No! Totally uncool!" Dominic says as he's stuck with the barb. "Arlo! Hit it with Fury Cutter!" The sandshrew dashes at the cacnea and swipes at it with its claws.

Spoiler: Actions, Arlo Turn 1/Dominic Turn 2
    Show
    Dominic
    If Fury Cutter hits: Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

If not: Standard: Give Focused Orders

Arlo
    Shift: Move to Cacnea

Standard: Use Fury Cutter

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: (1d20+1)[16], +1 from Focused Training
    Damage: (1d8+20)[26] Physical Bug (DB 4: 1d8+6, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (1d8+6)[14]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Fury Cutter hits

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus' stomach drops as the Nidoqueen appears, bellowing in the face of his Pokemon. Two Nidoran? No problem! A fully grown, mature, adult Nidqueen, angered by the capture of what was likely her child?

Well, that was slightly less likely to work well for Marcus.

It was big and, if its sprint was anything to go off of, more than capable of keeping up with him and his Pokemon. Fleeing was not an option and, at this point, hiding wasn't something he could do at this point.

That left only fighting, and while it seemed suicidal, it was the only one that came with any hope of living. The beast was big, slow and, hopefully, not too bright. Mind racing as quickly as he could, Marcus once again grabs a handful of dirt as the beast rushes forward, looking to Gelver with a serious expression on his face.

"Waterfall," the boy mutters, voice cracking as he dashes forward, trying to get behind the massive blue behemoth even as Gelver darts forward.

Show
    Marcus: 4/5 AP, 57/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed

Gelver: 52/52 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS

Comiter: 59/59 HP, 16 Defense, 3 Special Defense, 4 Speed

Marcus uses Dirty Trick (Blind)!
    AC 2: (1d20)[12]
    Stealth (3d6)[5]

Gelver uses Waterfall!
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[2]
    Damage: (3d8+29)[42]
    Critical: (3d8+10)[25]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-31 at 12:23 AM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus makes his way down to the marketplace. He doesn't have a lot of money, but he should be able to afford at least one meal. As he walks, Angus considers Gladia's situation. Does she even need to eat? How does she eat?
    It wasn't hard to find a food vendor here, especially when they were shouting their wares for all to here. Like always, it seemed like there was a bit of everything, Tepig skewers, Torchic bites, Tauros sandwhiches, and fresh Tropius berries. You had pretty much your pick of whatever you want.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what you're looking for atm. Are you looking to RP eating? Find a food shop for mechanical food? Is this just a way to kill time for a wild and/or trainer encounter?

Also, I don't plan on forcing you all to pay money for normal food (ie no mechanical benefits sans staying alive) at this point in the game. It's not survival, so unless you're being ridiculous or something, I won't bother. If you decide to launch a huge expedition, I might charge you a per day cost, but that'd be it just because that's part of survival genre.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

"Whoa! No! Totally uncool!" Dominic says as he's stuck with the barb. "Arlo! Hit it with Fury Cutter!" The sandshrew dashes at the cacnea and swipes at it with its claws.

Show
    Dominic
    If Fury Cutter hits: Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

If not: Standard: Give Focused Orders

Arlo
    Shift: Move to Cacnea

Standard: Use Fury Cutter

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: (1d20)[17], +1 from Focused Training
    Damage: (1d8+29)[33] Physical Bug (DB 4: 1d8+6, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (1d8+6)[9]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Fury Cutter hits
    The cactus grunted in pain as Arlo's attack cut through it for incredible damage. It wasn't down yet however, and it quickly fired off a bolt of green light at the Sandshrew, seeking to drain its life energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Absorb vs Arlo AC 2 (1d20)[17]
    Special Grass Damage (1d8+29)[33], (1d8+6)[9]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus' stomach drops as the Nidoqueen appears, bellowing in the face of his Pokemon. Two Nidoran? No problem! A fully grown, mature, adult Nidqueen, angered by the capture of what was likely her child?

Well, that was slightly less likely to work well for Marcus.

It was big and, if its sprint was anything to go off of, more than capable of keeping up with him and his Pokemon. Fleeing was not an option and, at this point, hiding wasn't something he could do at this point.

That left only fighting, and while it seemed suicidal, it was the only one that came with any hope of living. The beast was big, slow and, hopefully, not too bright. Mind racing as quickly as he could, Marcus once again grabs a handful of dirt as the beast rushes forward, looking to Gelver with a serious expression on his face.

"Waterfall," the boy mutters, voice cracking as he dashes forward, trying to get behind the massive blue behemoth even as Gelver darts forward.

Show

Gelver: 52/52 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS

Marcus uses Dirty Trick (Blind)!
    AC 2: (1d20)[7]
    Stealth (1d8+26)[32]

Gelver uses Waterfall!
    AC 2: (1d8+6)[7]
    Damage: [roll3]
    Critical: [roll4]
    The behemoth brushed away both attacks as if they were nothing more than a fly buzzing around her hide, but quickly fired a poisoned barb into Gelver's hide with the arrogance who cannot think of losing to one so puny.

[spoiler]Poison Sting AC 2 (1d20)[7] poison 15+
    (1d8+26)[32], on crit (1d8+6)[7]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus can't help but flinch as Gelver has a tiny dart tear into him, feeling bad for his Pokemon. The fact that this fight was even happening was entirely Marcus' fault, meaning that the fact that the Froakie was hurt was entirely his own fault.

"Comiter! Your turn! Smash her with your club!" Marcus says as he frantically flails his leg out at the Nidoqueen, hoping for some kind of luck to allow him to slow down the creature.

Show

Gelver: 25/25 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS, 2 Injuries

Delaying Marcus until after Comiter.

Comiter uses Bone Club on the Nidoqueen! Note that she should be Flanked.
    AC 5: (1d20)[1]
    Damage: [roll]210+22[/roll]

Marcus uses Dirty Trick (Low Blow)!
    AC 2: (1d20)[10]
    Acrobatics: (2d6)[4]

Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show
    Dominic - Health: 46/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 12/46; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 3

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

Dominic looks on as Arlo takes a heavy, heavy hit. "Hang in there Arlo! Hit it with rollout now! Run it down!" The sandshrew revs up into a ball and dashes at the cacnea.

If the blow hits, Dominic pulls out his pokeball and hurls it at the cacnea, hoping that he hits and manages to capture it!

Show
    Dominic
    If Rollout hits: Standard: Throw a pokeball!

Capture Attempt
    Status vs AC 6: (1d20)[7]
    Capture Roll: (1d100)[68]

Arlo
    Standard: Use Rollout

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 3: 11, +1 from Focused Training
    Damage: (1d6+19)[23] Physical Rock (DB 3: 1d6+5, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (1d6+5)[7]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Rollout hits
    Last edited by Jacior; 2015-09-01 at 10:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #469

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Both as RP and a way to kill time. Angus hasn't eaten since yesterday morning, so he would be hungry, and he doesn't really have a lot to do until the mercenary group leaves tomorrow. He's trying to keep a low profile since that confrontation at the gym.

Also, thank you for not being a complete stickler.

On this day, Angus is feeling strangely indulgent. He decides to try something new. Finding a vendor that sells fried Magikarp, available in the Claw only due to how numerous the fish are, Angus buys one on a stick from the vendor and takes a hungry few bites out of it. The saltiness, while refreshing, instantly works up a thirst for him. As he is about to take another bite, Angus stops and considers that now he has to ration for two. He raises the fish over his shoulder, not exactly sure how Gladia went about the business of eating.
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2015-09-01 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Niles had a firm grip and embraced the handshake eagerly. So you're headed to Stormwrack as well then I take it? It'd be nice to have a travelling companion. I'm a bit nervous about battling Augustus myself, but its something we've all got to do.
    "Eventually at least," Adam responds, sharing a grin with his fellow would-be Ranger, " Leo suggested I take my time getting there, so I think I'm gonna do a bit of a badge hunting along the way. More badges means I'll be more useful to the Rangers down the line, better gear for me and my mon, and I won't have to squeeze gym challenges in once training starts so I can focus on that. That and I'm hoping to get a few friends to go along with Thistle here to help with Augustus' Ice types," he explained as Thistle grumbled something in his bucket, no doubt about how he could totally take on anything Augustus through at him.

"Any way, Thistle and I would be honored to give a good send off; though could we meet up in an hour or so, or would it have to be now?"
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-09-02 at 12:56 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus can't help but flinch as Gelver has a tiny dart tear into him, feeling bad for his Pokemon. The fact that this fight was even happening was entirely Marcus' fault, meaning that the fact that the Froakie was hurt was entirely his own fault.

"Comiter! Your turn! Smash her with your club!" Marcus says as he frantically flails his leg out at the Nidoqueen, hoping for some kind of luck to allow him to slow down the creature.

Show

Gelver: 25/25 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Delaying Marcus until after Comiter.

Comiter uses Bone Club on the Nidoqueen! Note that she should be Flanked.
    AC 5: (2d6+30)[35]
    Damage: [roll]210+22[/roll]

Marcus uses Dirty Trick (Low Blow)!
    AC 2: (2d6+10)[21]
    Acrobatics: [roll2]
    The monster didn't even flinch as your leg connected to her, though she did turn her head towards you and smash her tail into the ground before swinging it about towards your stomach with violent speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chip Away vs Marcus AC 2 [roll]1d20[/roll] 14
    Physical Normal Damage (2d6+30)[35], on crit (2d6+10)[21]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-09-01 at 03:22 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Dominic - Health: 46/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 12/46; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 3

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

Dominic looks on as Arlo takes a heavy, heavy hit. "Hang in there Arlo! Hit it with rollout now! Run it down!" The sandshrew revs up into a ball and dashes at the cacnea.

If the blow hits, Dominic pulls out his pokeball and hurls it at the cacnea, hoping that he hits and manages to capture it!

Show
    Dominic
    If Rollout hits: Standard: Throw a pokeball!

Capture Attempt
    Status vs AC 6: [roll0]
    Capture Roll: [roll1]

Arlo
    Standard: Use Rollout

Rollout
    Attack vs AC 3: 11, +1 from Focused Training
    Damage: [roll2] Physical Rock (DB 3: 1d6+5, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: [roll3]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Rollout hits
    The ball slammed into the now highly weakened Cacnea and snapped shut with a charming ding!. Arlo came out of his roll, panting and nursing his wounds from the battle, but unable to even lick his wounds due to the Cacnea's choice to not leave any outside wounds. Instead he seemed weak, and his armored skin was even paler than usual.

The Sandshrew slowly climbed up to your head and fell asleep in one of his favorite spots.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Trainer XP for overcoming type advantage in battle. 26 for Arlo

Cacnea lv 13, Twisted Power, Any Neutral Nature
    Additionally, the Cacnea may make ranged grass type struggle attacks at range 6. If it ever learns Needle Arm, it also becomes a range 6 move.

Also a reminder that this trip only nets you two nets

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Both as RP and a way to kill time. Angus hasn't eaten since yesterday morning, so he would be hungry, and he doesn't really have a lot to do until the mercenary group leaves tomorrow. He's trying to keep a low profile since that confrontation at the gym.

Also, thank you for not being a complete stickler.

On this day, Angus is feeling strangely indulgent. He decides to try something new. Finding a vendor that sells fried Magikarp, available in the Claw only due to how numerous the fish are, Angus buys one on a stick from the vendor and takes a hungry few bites out of it. The saltiness, while refreshing, instantly works up a thirst for him. As he is about to take another bite, Angus stops and considers that now he has to ration for two. He raises the fish over his shoulder, not exactly sure how Gladia went about the business of eating.
    Gladia remained completely impassive in the face of the food and floated in the air impassively. However, you felt a slight pressure on one of your shoulders. When you looked up, you saw a vividly yellow rodent with wings that bent down and nibbled at the fish before you could react. Again, Gladia seemed impassive to the food disappearing before her.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474

Angus wants to be angry. He feels like he has a right to be upset. But Gladia's own apathy, and the strange daring of the pokemon, actually brings a small grin to his face. So, Gladia doesn't need to eat... Good to know. Making a show of not caring about the new pest on his shoulder, Angus moves further into the crowd and finds a vendor selling Miltank Milkshakes. In his own home, wine or ale was the customary drink and anyone who drank milk was considered to be a "boy in man's boots". Sipping on the sugary, creamy drink, Angus finds it strangely appealing. All right... Now that the business of food is settled, I'll have to see about finding shelter for the night. Another night on the wall and my joints may not be up to the journey tomorrow. Slurping his new drink, Angus looks around for a cheap inn. It's bound to be full of unsavory types, but you get what you pay for in this town.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic pet Arlo, laying on his head as he was. "It's ok buddy, you deserve a rest after that. We'll stop by the pokemon center after we're done with bringing in the nets. Speaking of which..." He looks over at the broken net and spilled fish. "I dunno what we're gonna do about that... maybe we'll have to pay for it." He sighs and shakes his head. Things happen. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Dominic brings in the two nets, still wearing Arlo as an impromptu hat. "I uh, have some bad news... I was coming back and a cacnea attacked us and wrecked one of the nets."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

The blow hits Marcus hard, sending the boy stumbling backwards awkwardly. So far this fight was going very, very badly. Unless something changed soon, Marcus might need to come up with a Plan B rather quickly.

"Gelver, Waterfall again! Then get away!" Marcus cries as he stumbles away, reaching for a Potion and spraying it over his semi-broken body.

The Froakie darts forward once again, propelled on a giant wave of water.

Show
    Marcus: 3/5 AP, 47/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed
    2 Injuries

Gelver: 25/52 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Gelver uses Waterfall! Flinch 17+, but I'm guessing I'm slower so that doesn't matter.
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[19]
    Damage: (3d8+29)[41]
    Critical: (3d8+10)[21]

Gelver Disengages!

Marcus Disengages! Marcus uses a Potion on himself!

Marcus uses Chronicler on Chip Away as a Swift Action!
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-09-02 at 08:25 AM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus wants to be angry. He feels like he has a right to be upset. But Gladia's own apathy, and the strange daring of the pokemon, actually brings a small grin to his face. So, Gladia doesn't need to eat... Good to know. Making a show of not caring about the new pest on his shoulder, Angus moves further into the crowd and finds a vendor selling Miltank Milkshakes. In his own home, wine or ale was the customary drink and anyone who drank milk was considered to be a "boy in man's boots". Sipping on the sugary, creamy drink, Angus finds it strangely appealing. All right... Now that the business of food is settled, I'll have to see about finding shelter for the night. Another night on the wall and my joints may not be up to the journey tomorrow. Slurping his new drink, Angus looks around for a cheap inn. It's bound to be full of unsavory types, but you get what you pay for in this town.
    You remembered an inn that you'd seen during your time as a child. It was called the Sleepy Zubat, a small, slightly ramshackle building filled with smoke and drinks of questionable origins. The barman was cleaning dirty glasses with an even dirtier cloth. The shadowy figures drinking in corners turned to glance at you before turning back to their drinks and quiet conversation.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic pet Arlo, laying on his head as he was. "It's ok buddy, you deserve a rest after that. We'll stop by the pokemon center after we're done with bringing in the nets. Speaking of which..." He looks over at the broken net and spilled fish. "I dunno what we're gonna do about that... maybe we'll have to pay for it." He sighs and shakes his head. Things happen. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Dominic brings in the two nets, still wearing Arlo as an impromptu hat. "I uh, have some bad news... I was coming back and a cacnea attacked us and wrecked one of the nets."
    The man behind the counter shrugged. They're pretty cheap, so don't worry about it. Its good that you managed to capture that pokemon though, it'd been harassing people occasionally for a long time ago now. One less net of fish won't harm my business that much.

He quickly grabbed a potion off the shelf and tossed it at you. Here's a potion to heal up that Sandshrew of yours. I'm assuming he was the one who battled, since he looks pretty beat up.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

The blow hits Marcus hard, sending the boy stumbling backwards awkwardly. So far this fight was going very, very badly. Unless something changed soon, Marcus might need to come up with a Plan B rather quickly.

"Gelver, Waterfall again! Then get away!" Marcus cries as he stumbles away, reaching for a Potion and spraying it over his semi-broken body.

The Froakie darts forward once again, propelled on a giant wave of water.

Show
    Marcus: 3/5 AP, 47/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed
    2 Injuries

Gelver: 25/52 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed

Gelver uses Waterfall! Flinch 17+, but I'm guessing I'm slower so that doesn't matter.
    AC 2: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Critical: [roll2]

Gelver Disengages!

Marcus Disengages! Marcus uses a Potion on himself!

Marcus uses Chronicler on Chip Away as a Swift Action!
    The Nidoqueen roared in pain again but, instead of going after the blue pokemon, she turned toward the Cubone at her back and launched a flurry of slashing attacks, but most bounced off the young Cubone's helmet and bone weapon. The ground type smirked and puffed out his chest while keeping his weapon at the ready.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    "Eventually at least," Adam responds, sharing a grin with his fellow would-be Ranger, " Leo suggested I take my time getting there, so I think I'm gonna do a bit of a badge hunting along the way. More badges means I'll be more useful to the Rangers down the line, better gear for me and my mon, and I won't have to squeeze gym challenges in once training starts so I can focus on that. That and I'm hoping to get a few friends to go along with Thistle here to help with Augustus' Ice types," he explained as Thistle grumbled something in his bucket, no doubt about how he could totally take on anything Augustus through at him.

"Any way, Thistle and I would be honored to give a good send off; though could we meet up in an hour or so, or would it have to be now?"
    I can wait the would-be ranger said. I'll be around the pokemon center for the next couple of hours, so come find me when you're ready.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show