New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

"See you in an hour then Niles; I got a delivery to finish before then," he quipped in parting with a happy grin;Thistle waved goodbye to the Trainer from inside his bucket as the pair got ready to depart once more to their destination..
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-09-02 at 01:23 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus lets out a sigh of relief as the Nidoqueen's barrage of attacks are mostly negated by Comiter's helmet, allowing himself a moment of amazement at the Cubone's resilience before dashing over towards the limping Gelver and spraying a Potion over him, allowing himself a second sigh of relief as the Froakie begins to move a little better.

"Comiter! Show her what you can do! Bone Club!" Marcus cries, hoping for the best as the Cubone leaps forward, his earlier smirk still plastered on his face.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Marcus: 2/5 AP, 47/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed
    2 Injuries

Gelver: 45/52 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS, 2 Injuries

Comiter: 59/59 HP, 16 Defense, 3 Special Defense, 4 Speed

Comiter uses Bone Club!
    AC 5: (1d20)[14]
    Damage: (2d10+22)[37]

Marcus uses a Potion on Gelver! That's our last one.

Marcus uses Chronicler on Fury Swipes as a Swift Action!
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-09-02 at 01:52 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    You remembered an inn that you'd seen during your time as a child. It was called the Sleepy Zubat, a small, slightly ramshackle building filled with smoke and drinks of questionable origins. The barman was cleaning dirty glasses with an even dirtier cloth. The shadowy figures drinking in corners turned to glance at you before turning back to their drinks and quiet conversation.
    Walking up to the counter (and trying to ignore how he stuck out like a sore thumb), Angus asks, "Innkeep, have you any rooms for tonight?"

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic nods. "Yeah, Arlo was the only pokemon I had! But he did a great job. I couldn't ask for a better partner." He applies the potion to Arlo as he talks, rubbing it into his tough hide. "It's gonna take me a little longer to get the last nets, Arlo's worn out after all that." The young trainer heads back out to gather the last of the nets, hoping to not run into anymore trouble.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    "See you in an hour then Niles; I got a delivery to finish before then," he quipped in parting with a happy grin;Thistle waved goodbye to the Trainer from inside his bucket as the pair got ready to depart once more to their destination..
    The walk to the stream wasn't difficult; most of the land was flat with only lightly forested patches on the way. You dipped the bucket into the river, the running water beginning to numb your fingers as you gripped the cold metal. In the back of your mind, you felt an itch inside our head, kind of like there was a fly buzzing around in your mind. Suddenly you heard the echo of a voice in your head.

You shouldn't do that you know it whispered, slowly solidifying into something more tangible than a mere itch. A voice. A presence. A mind.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Marcus lets out a sigh of relief as the Nidoqueen's barrage of attacks are mostly negated by Comiter's helmet, allowing himself a moment of amazement at the Cubone's resilience before dashing over towards the limping Gelver and spraying a Potion over him, allowing himself a second sigh of relief as the Froakie begins to move a little better.

"Comiter! Show her what you can do! Bone Club!" Marcus cries, hoping for the best as the Cubone leaps forward, his earlier smirk still plastered on his face.

Show
    Marcus: 2/5 AP, 47/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed
    2 Injuries

Comiter: 59/59 HP, 16 Defense, 3 Special Defense, 4 Speed

Comiter uses Bone Club!
    AC 5: (1d20)[18]
    Damage: (2d6+28)[38]

Marcus uses a Potion on Gelver! That's our last one.

Marcus uses Chronicler on Fury Swipes as a Swift Action!
    Twisting to face the Cubone again, the Queen quickly attempted to crush Comiter's skull helmet with her enormous jaws, targeting the already cracked skull plate on his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite vs Comiter
    AC 2; Flinch 15+; (1d20)[18]
    (2d6+28)[38], (2d6+8)[15]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Walking up to the counter (and trying to ignore how he stuck out like a sore thumb), Angus asks, "Innkeep, have you any rooms for tonight?"
    The barkeep raised one eyebrow in the image of perfect skepticism. I do hope that you're joking he said, his nasally voice filled with sarcasm. We always have rooms open. Not often we get visitors that stay the night, so the prices are dirt cheap aren't they? We charge 50 poke per night, and we aren't responsible for any bug types in the mattress.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Dominic nods. "Yeah, Arlo was the only pokemon I had! But he did a great job. I couldn't ask for a better partner." He applies the potion to Arlo as he talks, rubbing it into his tough hide. "It's gonna take me a little longer to get the last nets, Arlo's worn out after all that." The young trainer heads back out to gather the last of the nets, hoping to not run into anymore trouble.
    Thankfully no more trouble came your way on your remaining trips, and the man payed you for your trouble. He waved a goodbye and quickly began preparing the fish for cooking later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its probably like 1 in the afternoon. 3 if you want to timeskip through the pokemon center

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489

Slapping the money on the counter, Angus eyes the man. "Just give me the keys and I'll remove myself."

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Slapping the money on the counter, Angus eyes the man. "Just give me the keys and I'll remove myself."
    The man tosses the keys at you. Second floor, all the way at the end. he said before turning back to his lack of business. When you arrived at your accommodations, you found little more than a bed, moth bitten and ragged, with a paneless window looking out over the city - which admittedly was pretty standard. Glass was expensive after all.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491

Sitting down on the bed, Angus considers how different this part of the city feels from the comfortable castle his family had called home. Has the Fortress always been like this and I didn't realize it? Such a difference in wealth... I never thought about windows without glass. Sitting down on the bed, Angus watches the sun set on the horizon before settling down to sleep. He clasps Gladia tightly to his chest and tries not to think about what sort of creatures had been gnawing on the bedding.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The walk to the stream wasn't difficult; most of the land was flat with only lightly forested patches on the way. You dipped the bucket into the river, the running water beginning to numb your fingers as you gripped the cold metal. In the back of your mind, you felt an itch inside our head, kind of like there was a fly buzzing around in your mind. Suddenly you heard the echo of a voice in your head.

You shouldn't do that you know it whispered, slowly solidifying into something more tangible than a mere itch. A voice. A presence. A mind.
    "Who's there?" The young man exclaims; practically jumping as the voice manifests within his mind before yanking the buckets out of the river and scanning the area for whatever was speaking into his mind. The swiftness of the act startling Thistle, who before then had been merrily splashing the water by the river's shore.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-09-02 at 10:06 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic stretches after coming out of the pokemon center, Arlo and Kidd all healed up. There was still a lot of daylight left, but what to do with it? He could go see if the bait he bought did anything. Maybe catch another pokemon? Maybe he'd see Katie again and he could beat her this time... That'd show her!

Dominic heads to the outskirts of town and lays out the bait to try and attract a pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bait Roll: (1d20)[14]

This will be a tough roll I feel

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Comiter staggers back from the blow but, somehow, seems to be faring far better than his companions had done after a hit despite the fact that he seemed a little confused at the moment, swaying slightly.

"Gelver! Waterfall again!" Marcus cries as he sprints forward once again, trying to reclaim his flanking position on the side of the Nidoqueen.

Show
    Marcus: 1/5 AP, 47/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed
    2 Injuries

Comiter: 37/59 HP, 16 Defense, 3 Special Defense, 4 Speed

Marcus uses Chronicler on Bite!

Marcus moves to Flank the Nidoqueen! Marcus uses Focused Training as [Orders]!

Gelver uses Waterfall!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage: (3d8+29)[43]
    Critical: (3d8+10)[25]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-09-03 at 10:00 AM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

"Who's there?" The young man exclaims; practically jumping as the voice manifests within his mind before yanking the buckets out of the river and scanning the area for whatever was speaking into his mind. The swiftness of the act startling Thistle, who before then had been merrily splashing the water by the river's shore.
    A pair of powerful blue jaws snapped shut exactly where your hand had been gathering water in the bucket only moments before and the water thrashed violently before calming. A sleek blue reptilian pokemon slid further downriver to seek easier prey, its long tail acting as a rudder in the water.

I told you the voice said, although you still couldn't locate its source. Danger. Predator. You are safe now. It sounded smug, almost proud.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Sitting down on the bed, Angus considers how different this part of the city feels from the comfortable castle his family had called home. Has the Fortress always been like this and I didn't realize it? Such a difference in wealth... I never thought about windows without glass. Sitting down on the bed, Angus watches the sun set on the horizon before settling down to sleep. He clasps Gladia tightly to his chest and tries not to think about what sort of creatures had been gnawing on the bedding.
    You woke to a rather horrid stench. It smelled of rotting food, excrement, and poor hygiene. Out the window, you caught the source of the stench, a Stuntank slowly wandering across the road right outside of your window that was disappearing around a corner into an alleyway. The stench didn't disappear for long after the sight of it had vanished.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic stretches after coming out of the pokemon center, Arlo and Kidd all healed up. There was still a lot of daylight left, but what to do with it? He could go see if the bait he bought did anything. Maybe catch another pokemon? Maybe he'd see Katie again and he could beat her this time... That'd show her!

Dominic heads to the outskirts of town and lays out the bait to try and attract a pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bait Roll: [roll0]

This will be a tough roll I feel
    While you had to wait a little while for any pokemon to take the bait that you laid out, eventually through the sands you saw three suspicious rocks. They were suspicious because every few seconds they would edge closer to the bait, closing in on it.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Comiter staggers back from the blow but, somehow, seems to be faring far better than his companions had done after a hit despite the fact that he seemed a little confused at the moment, swaying slightly.

"Gelver! Waterfall again!" Marcus cries as he sprints forward once again, trying to reclaim his flanking position on the side of the Nidoqueen.

Show
    Marcus: 1/5 AP, 47/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed
    2 Injuries

Comiter: 37/59 HP, 16 Defense, 3 Special Defense, 4 Speed

Marcus uses Chronicler on Bite!

Marcus moves to Flank the Nidoqueen! Marcus uses Focused Training as [Orders]!

Gelver uses Waterfall!
    AC 2: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Critical: [roll2]
    Roaring in frustration, the Nidoqueen crouched down to the ground and, bloodshot eyes focused on Marcus with deadly intent, began to retreat back into the forest with only a poison spit corroding the ground at your feet as she merged back into the forest.

Spoiler
    Show
    40 xp each, 2 Trainer exp for you
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-09-03 at 10:27 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499

As much as the smell makes Angus gag, it does serve as a useful wake-up call. Angus gets himself up and leaves without a word to the innkeep, leaving the keys on the counter. He makes his way down to the gate, Gladia slung over his shoulder. He can feel a faint tremor of excitement from her, but that is all the emotion that she shows.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thistle and Adam promptly back the hell away from the river bed when they spot the azure jaws rising from the other, and darn ear bolted at their snap before the waterborn predator swam off. The pair shared a nervous look at that, even Thistle for all his boundless energy didn't want to test that particular type match up.

"Well thanks a ton, we owe you big time for that one," Adam commented happily as he kept looking around for their savior, he had to be nearby right?

"Who do we have the honor of thanking?

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if you want another perception check, but best save ya the trouble of asking me again if you do. n_n

Adam: (3d6)[8]
    Thistle: (2d6)[7]
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-09-03 at 09:09 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus lets out a sigh of relief as the Nidoqueen begins to edge away, looking to his two Pokemon with pride before frantically looking back at the Nidoqueen, keeping his eyes close on the hulking blue monster.. For some reason he highly doubted the battle was actually over, but for now they should be safe. Hopefully.

"Good work guys. Especially you," Marcus says with a nod to Comiter, more than impressed by the Cubone's abilities. With a limp that is cut significantly by the Potion, Marcus collects the Pokeballs of his two newest Pokemon, frowning once again as he sees their statistics. While none were particularly bad, they also weren't particularly good. He'd need a Tutor at some point, although he supposed there was little reason to rush that.

"Let's go," Marcus says as he pockets the two newest captures. "Let's find Puck and get patched up, maybe find you guys some treats," he quickly adds, knowing that his Pokemon certainly deserve some reward.

Show
    Chronicler on Nidoqueen!
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-09-04 at 09:35 AM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 56/56; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Defense Combat Stage
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 0

Dominic looks at the rocks with some frustration. If only he knew what they were... That was the problem. If they were Dwebble, then Arlo was the one he should use... But if they were Roggenrola then... Well, actually, Arlo was a good choice for either. What was the big deal? Maybe because there were three of them and that just wasn't good odds no matter who you were. And he wasn't so good with fighting multiple pokemon at the same time... Maybe he could chase one or two off?

Dominic lets Arlo out of his ball and points out the rocks. "Ok buddy, that's what we gotta fight now! We just gotta be careful..." He points at the closest one. "Ok, that's our target! Opponent down field Arlo."

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 1
    Show
    Dominic
    Swift: Tag... Closest Mystery Rock

Arlo
    Not sure if turn yet, Speed 2

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus lets out a sigh of relief as the Nidoqueen begins to edge away, looking to his two Pokemon with pride before frantically looking back at the Nidoqueen, keeping his eyes close on the hulking blue monster.. For some reason he highly doubted the battle was actually over, but for now they should be safe. Hopefully.

"Good work guys. Especially you," Marcus says with a nod to Comiter, more than impressed by the Cubone's abilities. With a limp that is cut significantly by the Potion, Marcus collects the Pokeballs of his two newest Pokemon, frowning once again as he sees their statistics. While none were particularly bad, they also weren't particularly good. He'd need a Tutor at some point, although he supposed there was little reason to rush that.

"Let's go," Marcus says as he pockets the two newest captures. "Let's find Puck and get patched up, maybe find you guys some treats," he quickly adds, knowing that his Pokemon certainly deserve some reward.

Show
    Chronicler on Nidoqueen!
    Puck was nowhere to be seen in the clearing where you found him at earlier and, when you reached the pokemon center you found it rather busy. Apparently there had been a spot of trouble in the safari zone and several people were being treated. A large man dressed almost entirely in black was talking animatedly with the busy nurse saying something about his Hydregion needing cookies, his sides pouring over the waistband of his pants. When he turned to leave, the nurse managed to get your pokemon and give you a note from Puck as the man waddled remarkably quickly out of the center being so large. His jovial glance behind you was quickly replaced by a girl with shockingly pink hair, no doubt dyed to make a statement of some kind.

As the crowd shuffled you to the edge of the building, you managed to get a look at pucks note.

Sorry to disappear so quickly, but something came up in the family and I won't be able to travel with youf or now. We'll see each other again though, I'm sure of it! Feel free to call me whenever you need to.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Thistle and Adam promptly back the hell away from the river bed when they spot the azure jaws rising from the other, and darn ear bolted at their snap before the waterborn predator swam off. The pair shared a nervous look at that, even Thistle for all his boundless energy didn't want to test that particular type match up.

"Well thanks a ton, we owe you big time for that one," Adam commented happily as he kept looking around for their savior, he had to be nearby right?

"Who do we have the honor of thanking?

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if you want another perception check, but best save ya the trouble of asking me again if you do. n_n

Adam: (3d6)[8]
    Thistle: [roll0]
    Just me the voice in your head said. As you turned around, you saw a small pokemon at the edge of the trees. It was a Ralts, a psychic pokemon that frequented forests but that was often quite hard to find. It was on the smaller side for the species, but its colors seemed vibrant and healthy. However, it made no effort to come forward to you through the trees.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

As much as the smell makes Angus gag, it does serve as a useful wake-up call. Angus gets himself up and leaves without a word to the innkeep, leaving the keys on the counter. He makes his way down to the gate, Gladia slung over his shoulder. He can feel a faint tremor of excitement from her, but that is all the emotion that she shows.
    When you arrived at the gate, you noticed the same mercenaries as yesterday gathering people into three different groups. It seemed obvious to you that one was for each city, but some people seemed to be confused about that fact and were milling about rather helplessly. You saw no sign of Jean, the girl whom had defeated you yesterday, though the crowd of people bustling made it rather hard to see individuals clearly.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 56/56; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 0

Dominic looks at the rocks with some frustration. If only he knew what they were... That was the problem. If they were Dwebble, then Arlo was the one he should use... But if they were Roggenrola then... Well, actually, Arlo was a good choice for either. What was the big deal? Maybe because there were three of them and that just wasn't good odds no matter who you were. And he wasn't so good with fighting multiple pokemon at the same time... Maybe he could chase one or two off?

Dominic lets Arlo out of his ball and points out the rocks. "Ok buddy, that's what we gotta fight now! We just gotta be careful..." He points at the closest one. "Ok, that's our target! Opponent down field Arlo."

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 1
    Show
    Dominic
    Swift: Tag... Closest Mystery Rock

Arlo
    Not sure if turn yet, Speed 2
    The rocks seemed to completely ignore you as they approached the bait, eventually surfacing to reveal that they were, in fact, Dwebble, and they began to snack eagerly on the bait that you had left out. In fact, they seemed to be deliberately ignoring you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just me the voice in your head said. As you turned around, you saw a small pokemon at the edge of the trees. It was a Ralts, a psychic pokemon that frequented forests but that was often quite hard to find. It was on the smaller side for the species, but its colors seemed vibrant and healthy. However, it made no effort to come forward to you through the trees.
    "My name's Adam, and this is Thistle," Adam greeted as he sat on his haunches, to avoid towering over their little savior; while Thistle gave his own exuberant greeting.

"And we're really glad you saved our hides back there; Do you usually hang around here to keep folks from getting munched?" he inquired with an amiable grin, respecting the little Ralts' space.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-09-05 at 04:51 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508

As much as he dislikes the idea, Angus resolves to join the group traveling to Central. The Oasis is too harsh for his survival skills at the moment and the Preserve would not be a picnic, either. From Central, he could better make a decision as to where to go next. Walking up to one of the groups (he guesses the biggest one), Angus walks up to one and politely, "Excuse me, is this the Central group?"

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks," Marcus mutters as his Pokemon are taken, doing his best to not stare at the massive mass of a man before him before shaking his head and trying to get some medical attention for himself. As soon as he was in good shape, Marcus pulls out his journals, hastily taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Profile Archive
    My Pokemon
    Comiter, Cubone - A Cubone sporting more than his fair share of scars, Comiter appears to have come from some kind of abusive Trainer. Extremely tough and willing to face down a Nidoqueen, Comiter should be a good companion.

Trainers
    Puck and Team
    ???, Bulbasaur - Only briefly observed for now, Puck's Bulbasaur requires much more study.

Wild Pokemon
    Nidoqueen, spotted outside Stormwrack - Captured this Nidoqueen's likely daughter. Managed to drive it off, but still likely holding a grudge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technique Archive
    Dark Moves
    Bite - A vicious jawed attack, this can give pause to even the strongest of Pokemon, as demonstrated against Comiter.

Normal Moves
    Chip Away - A carefully calculated strike, Chip Away can ignore all but natural defense, making it a very reliable attack.
    Fury Swipes - An aptly named attack, Fury Swipes relies on a high quantity of vicious strikes that can quickly leave a Pokemon not quite able to defend itself.
    As the last bit is written down Marcus grabs Puck's note, reading it over and over. It seemed odd, but Puck was probably alright? Either way, Marcus shoots the other boy a quick text. Hey, see you soon! Looking forward to our battle!

For now that was likely enough, right? Little more personal than the note, and more likely to actually be seen.

Marcus pulls out his PokeGear as he waits, searching for services that can help change Natures and Abilities for cheap in Stormwrack as well as any jobs that could net him a little extra cash. He had plans for his Pokemon, but he'd need money for that.

Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 1

Dominic nods, Arlo could handle this easy! "Ok, use Defense Curl and get ready for rollout!" The armadillo-esque pokemon curled in on itself as Dominic guided his actions. Rolling forward, he gets ready to start attacking the bug pokemon.

Spoiler: Actions, Arlo Turn 1/Dominic Turn 2
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Use Focused Orders

Arlo
    Standard: Use Defense Curl (Immune to Critical Hits, Gain 10 Damage Reduction, -4 to Accuracy on moves besides Rollout & Ice Ball, +10 Damage to Rollout & Ice Ball)

Shift: Move closer to Tagged Dwebble

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn.