New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Marcus staggers as the Pokemon send a shockwave through the mine, falling hard to one knee.

"Take out that one then!" Marcus cries, looking at Quicksilver with some small degree of doubt. "Gelver, help Comiter! Hold in there big guy!" Marcus cries, desperately wanting to return Comiter but knowing that the Cubone was likely keeping at least a few of the beasts at bay just by his very presence.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Marcus: 34/57 HP, 5/5 AP,
    Comiter: 20/53 HP, 16 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 14 Speed
    +1 Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 1 Injury
    Gelver: 9/62 HP, 5 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 18 Speed
    +1 Special Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 1 Injury
    Quicksilver: 28/50 HP, 6 Defense, 6 Special Defense, 20 Speed

Marcus uses Chronicler on Magnitude!

Marcus uses Focused Training on Quicksilver!

Quicksilver uses Frost Scratch on D5!
    AC 2, Physical: (1d20+1)[17]
    Damage, Ice: (2d6+28)[34]
    Critical: (2d6+8)[14]

Gelver uses Water Pulse on D2!
    AC 2, Special: (1d20+1)[5], Confusion 16+, Critical 19+
    Damage, Water: (2d8+33)[39]
    Critical: (2d8+10)[14]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 61/61; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 56/56; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0
    Deadshot - Health: 53/53; Intiative: 6; Evasions: ATK 1+1 SATK 1+1 ANY 1+1; Injuries: 0 - Kidnapped
    Galen - Health: 49/49; Intiative: 14; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 0+1 ANY 2+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Defense Combat Stage

-Tickled: -1 Attack and Defense Combat Stages

-Momentum (Start of Dominic's Turn): 1

The curled up form of Arlo shakes and shimmies with suppressed sandshrew snickering, but the ticking tail takes its toll and Arlo loosens up a bit even as he remained curled. "Arlo! Shake it off and shake it up! Hit it with magnitude!"

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 1
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Focused Orders: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks until beginning of the next turn

Arlo
    Standard: Use Magnitude

Magnitude
    Attack vs AC 2: (1d20)[7], +1 from Focused Training, +1 from Focused Orders
    Damage: (3d8+28)[39] Physical Ground (DB 10: 3d8+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: [roll2]3d8+10[/roll]

Shift: None

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Magnitude hits
    The Minccio responded be leaping forward and whipping its tail violently at Arlo, its perfect fur muddied by the miniature explosion that the Sandshrew had created.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double SLap AC 4 (1d20)[7]
    Physical Normal Damage (3d8+28)[39]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Angus is displeased by the notion, but thanks the woman politely for her help. What else could he really expect in Central, the heart of the Varro Corporation's operations? Before committing to a decision, Angus heads for the infirmary to see Horan. Perhaps he is coherent enough to engage in some sort of conversation. They had not spoken since the attack.

As he walks there, a thought strikes Angus. Looking down to Gauntlet walking beside him, Angus asks, "How much of a connection do you have with the Father of Golems? Could you, perhaps, find a place holy to Him within the city's limits?" A Temple of Regigigas almost always had an anvil as its altar and centerpiece, a symbol of creation.
    Gauntlet nodded softly. I'm sure there are. While it will likely be a small sect with few believers, religion is still relatively common around the world, although in a much more diluted form than Zahaard. It might be useful to look at the Factory District. While the map I saw said that most industrial operations came from there, it would be the location of Regigigas's temple if anywhere in this city.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-10-26 at 01:18 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Marcus staggers as the Pokemon send a shockwave through the mine, falling hard to one knee.

"Take out that one then!" Marcus cries, looking at Quicksilver with some small degree of doubt. "Gelver, help Comiter! Hold in there big guy!" Marcus cries, desperately wanting to return Comiter but knowing that the Cubone was likely keeping at least a few of the beasts at bay just by his very presence.

Show
    +1 Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 1 Injury
    Gelver: 9/62 HP, 5 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 18 Speed
    +1 Special Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 1 Injury

Marcus uses Chronicler on Magnitude!

Marcus uses Focused Training on Quicksilver!

Quicksilver uses Frost Scratch on D5!
    AC 2, Physical: [roll0]
    Damage, Ice: [roll1]
    Critical: [roll2]

Gelver uses Water Pulse on D2!
    AC 2, Special: [roll3], Confusion 16+, Critical 19+
    Damage, Water: [roll4]
    Critical: [roll5]
    The Diglett seemed to be extraordinarily fragile, as both strikes felled the pokemon immediately. The final quickly sunk underground, avoiding what it must have seen as a loosing battle. However, you still heard strange scraping sounds telling you that there were still more of the ground type pokemon present in the tunnel.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #725
    Firbolg in the Playground

Angus nods approvingly at Gauntlet's advice as they continue walking. It was definitely something worth looking into. But for now, Angus contents himself with finding Horan and seeing if he's in any shape to talk.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus lets out a sigh of relief as the final Diglett flees, looking around in the dim light to try to figure out exactly what was going on before looking back at his team.

"Sorry Gelver, but you're too hurt to stay out for the moment," Marcus states, spraying a Potion over the newly-evolved Frogadier before returning him. "I promise if there's a fight you'll be the first one out, alright?"

As Comiter staggers out of the darkness ahead, looking somewhat injured, Marcus frowns as well but, for now, leaves the Cubone out. So far Comiter had been their best shot at seeing in the dark and, should there be an ambush, the Cubone was the hardiest of Marcus' Pokemon and the most likely to stay standing following the fight.

Either way, Marcus' current Pokemon were secondary at the moment to the strange talking Sneasel that had just appeared in his backpack. He'd expected a screaming baby Pokemon, not a sophisticated Pokemon that seemed nearly as educated as he was. What had the fat man done to the Sneasel?

"Comiter, you're going to have to tough things out for now. Keep both eyes open, alright?" Marcus says, squinting against the darkness. "And you," the Trainer says, looking towards the Sneasel. "Can you give me the short version of what exactly you are?" he asks, beginning to slowly make his way deeper into the mine, eyes constantly moving about.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Gelver: 29/62 HP, 5 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 18 Speed

Going to also use Chronicler on the Mine. Would I be able to quickly add Magnitude and the Mine to my Archives or do those need to wait until after?

Show

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show
    Dominic - Health: 61/61; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 56/56; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0
    Deadshot - Health: 53/53; Intiative: 6; Evasions: ATK 1+1 SATK 1+1 ANY 1+1; Injuries: 0 - Kidnapped
    Galen - Health: 49/49; Intiative: 14; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 0+1 ANY 2+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Trained: +1 Attack Combat Stage

-Momentum (Start of Dominic's Turn): 3

The minccino's tail bounced off of Arlo's tough hide and the sandshrew sits complacently under the blow. "Arlo, now bulldoze it!"

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 3
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Focused Orders: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks until beginning of the next turn

Arlo
    Standard: Use Bulldoze

Bulldoze
    Attack vs AC 2: (1d20+3)[14], +1 from Focused Training, +1 from Focused Orders, +1 from Momentum
    Damage: (2d8+24)[33] Physical Ground (DB 8: 2d8+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (2d8+10)[15]
    Special: All Legal Targets are lowered 1 Speed Combat Stage

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Bulldoze hits

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't actually know what some of these moves would look like. So sorry if my posts seem somewhat bland.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus nods approvingly at Gauntlet's advice as they continue walking. It was definitely something worth looking into. But for now, Angus contents himself with finding Horan and seeing if he's in any shape to talk.
    Angus was sitting in his bed, back against the wall. His chest was wrapped in bandages and bruises spread across his stomach. He smiled weakly, but his skin wasn't pale or sickly. For somebody who had been dropped by a giant stone bird, he looked like he was doing alright.

The hero returns Horan said as you entered. They told me I went a bit loopy after the fight. Sorry if I scared you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus lets out a sigh of relief as the final Diglett flees, looking around in the dim light to try to figure out exactly what was going on before looking back at his team.

"Sorry Gelver, but you're too hurt to stay out for the moment," Marcus states, spraying a Potion over the newly-evolved Frogadier before returning him. "I promise if there's a fight you'll be the first one out, alright?"

As Comiter staggers out of the darkness ahead, looking somewhat injured, Marcus frowns as well but, for now, leaves the Cubone out. So far Comiter had been their best shot at seeing in the dark and, should there be an ambush, the Cubone was the hardiest of Marcus' Pokemon and the most likely to stay standing following the fight.

Either way, Marcus' current Pokemon were secondary at the moment to the strange talking Sneasel that had just appeared in his backpack. He'd expected a screaming baby Pokemon, not a sophisticated Pokemon that seemed nearly as educated as he was. What had the fat man done to the Sneasel?

"Comiter, you're going to have to tough things out for now. Keep both eyes open, alright?" Marcus says, squinting against the darkness. "And you," the Trainer says, looking towards the Sneasel. "Can you give me the short version of what exactly you are?" he asks, beginning to slowly make his way deeper into the mine, eyes constantly moving about.

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Going to also use Chronicler on the Mine. Would I be able to quickly add Magnitude and the Mine to my Archives or do those need to wait until after?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those are both fine

I can't really give you the short version or the long version to be honest. There are rules. Rules and regulations. For all of us, not just me. Though I can't even tell you why I can't tell you. It's all quite frustrating really, for me too. Just treat me like a normal pokemon with a mouth that runs faster than a rapidash. He was slowly sharpening his claws on the side of the mineshaft, the hard rock being sliced through easily.

He said no more on the subject however, and seemed content to let the matter sit.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-10-27 at 11:12 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

The Minccio tumbled over, looking like it was on the verge of fainting. The girl released a Kadabra, but the Minccio attacked despite its injuries, attempting to tickle the power out of Arlo. I won't let you beat me she said, her voice fierce.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tickle AC 4 (1d20)[8]
    Lower atk and def 1 combat state

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus finishes jotting down a few notes before looking at Quicksilver, not entirely sure how to respond.

"So you're going to tell me that a Pokemon just came out of an Egg with both enough knowledge to talk and knowledge of how it can talk but I'm not allowed to know anything?" the Trainer says with a slightly exasperated tone. "Will you be able to tell me eventually, or will I be perpetually in the dark?" he quickly asks, shining his Pokgear to try to avoid some of the literal darkness while he's at it. "Nevermind, we can talk about this later. Let me know if you see an earthquake generator coming at us," Marcus finishes, his annoyance more than a little obvious.

Of course, the Sneasel had told him something, if only by accident. "Not just me" meant there were others like him, which meant maybe, just maybe, he'd be able to find something out. Chances seemed slim of that, but there was a chance.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Marcus now has Keen Eye in the mine. He's Immune to Blind, but not Total Blindness here now.

Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

-Momentum (Start of Dominic's Turn): 5

"I won't lose again! Not to you, not to anyone!" The Minccino's tail didn't manage to slip into Arlo's curled up form this time, having learned the first time it seemed. "Arlo! Move between them and then use magnitude again!" The sandshrew rolled around, placing itself between the two pokemon before shaking things up again.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 4
    Show
    Dominic

Arlo

Magnitude
    Attack vs AC 2: (1d20+4)[6], +1 from Focused Training, +1 from Focused Orders, +2 from Momentum (-2 Against Kadabra)
    Damage: (3d8+24)[44] Physical Ground (DB 10: 3d8+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (3d8+10)[26]

Shift: Move so both Kadabra and Minccino get hit

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Max momentum

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Horan was sitting in his bed, back against the wall. His chest was wrapped in bandages and bruises spread across his stomach. He smiled weakly, but his skin wasn't pale or sickly. For somebody who had been dropped by a giant stone bird, he looked like he was doing alright.

The hero returns Horan said as you entered. They told me I went a bit loopy after the fight. Sorry if I scared you.
    Angus crouches down beside the bed. "You're all right now. That's all that matters.

While you're on the mend, Gauntlet and I are heading down to the local temple of Regigigas to forge you a new spear. How's that for a get-well present?"
    Gladia tightens her tassel's grip a little in annoyance. Over his shoulder, Angus says, "Of course you're coming along, too. That should go without saying."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus finishes jotting down a few notes before looking at Quicksilver, not entirely sure how to respond.

"So you're going to tell me that a Pokemon just came out of an Egg with both enough knowledge to talk and knowledge of how it can talk but I'm not allowed to know anything?" the Trainer says with a slightly exasperated tone. "Will you be able to tell me eventually, or will I be perpetually in the dark?" he quickly asks, shining his Pokgear to try to avoid some of the literal darkness while he's at it. "Nevermind, we can talk about this later. Let me know if you see an earthquake generator coming at us," Marcus finishes, his annoyance more than a little obvious.

Of course, the Sneasel had told him something, if only by accident. "Not just me" meant there were others like him, which meant maybe, just maybe, he'd be able to find something out. Chances seemed slim of that, but there was a chance.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Marcus now has Keen Eye in the mine. He's Immune to Blind, but not Total Blindness here now.
    The Sneseal lead you through the tunnels for a bit before coming to a halt. It points ahead with one of its silvery claws. There's one up there, though it looks like three of the small ones just went and attached themselves to each other. Odd that. Why don't they just evolve normally like the rest of us. It looks like its next to the end of the tunnel too.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

-Momentum (Start of Dominic's Turn): 5

"I won't lose again! Not to you, not to anyone!" The Minccino's tail didn't manage to slip into Arlo's curled up form this time, having learned the first time it seemed. "Arlo! Move between them and then use magnitude again!" The sandshrew rolled around, placing itself between the two pokemon before shaking things up again.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 4
    Show
    Dominic

Arlo

Magnitude
    Attack vs AC 2: (1d20)[15], +1 from Focused Training, +1 from Focused Orders, +2 from Momentum (-2 Against Kadabra)
    Damage: (2d6+33)[36] Physical Ground (DB 10: 3d8+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: [roll2]

Shift: Move so both Kadabra and Minccino get hit

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Max momentum
    The Minccio went down to the wave of earth, but the girl's Kadabra managed to avoid a large blast that erupted near it. The large creature's eyes glowed a violent purple, and it sent a wave of purple energy at Arlo. The blade of energy flew close to the ground, singing the grass that it passed over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confusion AC 2! Confuse on 19+ (1d20)[15]
    (2d6+33)[36]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus crouches down beside the bed. "You're all right now. That's all that matters.

While you're on the mend, Gauntlet and I are heading down to the local temple of Regigigas to forge you a new spear. How's that for a get-well present?"
    Gladia tightens her tassel's grip a little in annoyance. Over his shoulder, Angus says, "Of course you're coming along, too. That should go without saying."
    Horan grinned. That would be a wonderful gift, although I really don't deserve one. I didn't realize that you were a smith, though I've learned that Zahaard residents tend to have different skills than the rest of us. He laughed a little at Gladia's jealousy, but stopped quickly in pain. Instead, he fished in his bag and retrieved a small disk.

Tell you what, in exchange for the spear, I'll teach one of your pokemon Return. I know that you probably have some hesitations about technology, but that doesn't mean I can't use it to help you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

"Can you sneak up on it?" Marcus asks, half to test the Sneasel's capabilities and half to just gather information. Gelver could probably ambush it; after all, the frog could climb on walls, but he'd prefer to not use him unless absolutely necessary. And if there were three of them, that meant a Dugtrio which, unfortunately, meant quite a bit more power.

Show

18. - Top - End - #738

Angus hesitates before replying. "We'll talk about it when I get back. For now, just get some rest and think peaceful thoughts. I shall stop by a Temple of Mew, if I see one in this mess of a city, and offer a prayer of healing for you. It shouldn't be more than a couple of days at most before I'm back." The time it could take to make a spear could vary wildly based on the materials and facilities on hand. Best to be conservative.

And so Angus heads out the door with a farewell, making his way down to the Factory District. If he sees a Temple of Mew on the way there, he will stop there and pay his respects to the Mother.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show
    Arlo - Health: 31/57; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

-Momentum (Start of Dominic's Turn): 6

Arlo is hit hard by the Kadabra's attack, the energy scorching his hide. But the sandshrew was still still standing. "Arlo! This is it! Hit it with fury cutter! Show her your strength!" Arlo rolled up to the enemy pokemon and lashed out with his claws, tucking himself back in quickly.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 5
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Critical Moment: Triple the Bonuses from Focused Training and Inspired Training until the end of my next Turn (+2 Accuracy, +4 to Skill Checks, +2 Evasion, +4 Save Checks)

Arlo
    Standard: Use Fury Cutter

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: (1d20+6)[10], +3 from Focused Training , +3 from Momentum
    Damage: (1d8+10)[18] Physical Bug (DB 4: 1d8+6, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (1d8+6)[10]

Shift: Move to the Kadabra

Max Momentum
    Last edited by Jacior; 2015-11-01 at 06:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

"Can you sneak up on it?" Marcus asks, half to test the Sneasel's capabilities and half to just gather information. Gelver could probably ambush it; after all, the frog could climb on walls, but he'd prefer to not use him unless absolutely necessary. And if there were three of them, that meant a Dugtrio which, unfortunately, meant quite a bit more power.
    The Sneseal gave a quiet hrrumph. What do you take me for, a Hippowdon in a tutu? Of course I can sneak up on it. Assassination is kind of my thing after all. Not sure if you could, but that froggie and I could probably give it a run for its money.

Gelver didn't seem amused at the 'froggie' comment and stuck out his tongue at Quicksilver, spraying him with foamy spittle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth checks from them if you choose to sneak up on it. DC (4d6+1)[18]

If all those who are sneaking beat the dc, then you can have an ambush round. If not, we'll do normal round with Dugtrio's initiative at 22

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus hesitates before replying. "We'll talk about it when I get back. For now, just get some rest and think peaceful thoughts. I shall stop by a Temple of Mew, if I see one in this mess of a city, and offer a prayer of healing for you. It shouldn't be more than a couple of days at most before I'm back." The time it could take to make a spear could vary wildly based on the materials and facilities on hand. Best to be conservative.

And so Angus heads out the door with a farewell, making his way down to the Factory District. If he sees a Temple of Mew on the way there, he will stop there and pay his respects to the Mother.
    Unfortunately, you quickly discovered that the Factory District was further away than a person could walk in a reasonable amount of time. This place was just so big. At least in Zahaard, nothing was more than a few hours treck away. Here something so far might take over a day if you spent the whole time walking. Instead you found yourself on an odd, pokemonless carraige with about fifty other people who were calmly sitting on seats built into the thing or hanging onto rails from the ceiling. The ride was jerky, much rougher than a good ponyta carriage, but the people seemed used to it. Aside from a few angry glances at a man with an extraordinarily loud baby, nobody seemed to interact with each other, instead reading newspapers, looking at some sort of technology devices they had, or waiting.

As this thing stopped and started, people got on and off, and the thing was nearly empty by the time you got off. It was about midday, maybe late morning, and the landscape here was drastically different than where you had been before. What had once been neat lawns and large, if odd looking, houses, now stood massive, perfectly square buildings. Giant chimneys jutted into the sky from many of them spewing out monstrous amounts of smoke, much more than any chimney you'd seen lit in your hometown. Ratata scurried across the broken flagstones of the sidewalks, and Murkrow hung in the sky overhead. You even thought you saw some sort of purplish goo that quickly slid across the road and slipped into what looked like a drainage pipe for the sewers. The air tasted like the inside of a forge after hours and hours of forging, thick and pungent. Needless to say there wasn't a Temple to Mew in sight.

However, after asking some of the people in the street for directions, you eventually found yourself at the door of a large relatively small building, still huge by your standards, that was labeled with the stylized insignia of what you had now learned was the Varro corporation: a stoic looking V in deep blue. Layered behind it however, was the symbol for Regigigas, two vertical lines of red, green, and white dots. It seemed like this place had at least some affiliation to the Golem god of creation, even if it did belong to the Varro Corporation.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Arlo - Health: 31/57; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

Arlo is hit hard by the Kadabra's attack, the energy scorching his hide. But the sandshrew was still still standing. "Arlo! This is it! Hit it with fury cutter! Show her your strength!" Arlo rolled up to the enemy pokemon and lashed out with his claws, tucking himself back in quickly.

Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Critical Moment: Triple the Bonuses from Focused Training and Inspired Training until the end of my next Turn (+2 Accuracy, +4 to Skill Checks, +2 Evasion, +4 Save Checks)

Arlo

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: (1d20)[5], +3 from Focused Training , +3 from Momentum
    Damage: (2d6+33)[39] Physical Bug (DB 4: 1d8+6, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: [roll2]

Shift: Move to the Kadabra

Max Momentum
    The Kadabra grunted in pain as the attack landed but attempted to use the close proximity to blast at Arlo with another beam of light.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confusion AC 2! Confuse on 19+ (1d20)[5]
    (2d6+33)[39]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #743

The ride to the Factory District was uncomfortable for Angus. He spent almost all of it standing up and hanging onto a rail, painfully out-of-place among the locals of Central. Gauntlet stood beside him, his low center of gravity and great mass uncaring of the transport's sudden starts and stops.

When Angus finally arrives at the temple, he wonders why the symbol of Varro would be displayed alongside the Six Eyes. Shrugging in ignorance, Angus pushes the door open and allows himself in. It's a temple. Who would deny one of the faithful entrance?

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

This time, the blast doesn't affect Arlo at all, the energy running harmlessly across his shell. "Now Arlo! Hit it again! He's right in front of you, you can't miss him!" The sandshrew lashes out again with his claws, even faster than the last time. Before either side knew if the attack had struck home, the sandshrew was already tucking his stubby little arms back in.

Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

Arlo

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: Auto 11, +1 from Focused Training , +2 from Momentum
    Damage: (2d8+24)[31] Physical Bug (DB 8: 2d8+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (2d8+10)[24]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Fury Cutter hits
    Last edited by Jacior; 2015-11-05 at 12:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

"Do your best then," Marcus states with a small grin at Gelver's antics, nodding at the two Pokemon to go forward and take out the Dugtrio.

Of course, a few short seconds later the Dugtrio very obviously sees his Pokemon, despite Quicksilver's claims of subtlety.

"Take him down now! Quick Attack!" Marcus cries, hoping his two Pokemon are able to act fast enough, watching their figures blur and fly forward in the darkness.

Show
    Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills)

Gelver uses Quick Attack!
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[19], Critical 19+
    Damage: (1d8+26)[27]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[14]

Quicksilver uses Quick Attack!
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+26)[33]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[11]

Show

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:

This time, the blast doesn't affect Arlo at all, the energy running harmlessly across his shell. "Now Arlo! Hit it again! He's right in front of you, you can't miss him!" The sandshrew lashes out again with his claws, even faster than the last time. Before either side knew if the attack had struck home, the sandshrew was already tucking his stubby little arms back in.

Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

Arlo

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: Auto 11, +1 from Focused Training , +2 from Momentum
    Damage: (1d20)[20] Physical Bug (DB 8: 2d8+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (3d10+33)[56]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Fury Cutter hits
    Unfortunately, right as Arlo was about to strike the Kadabra disappeared from sight. The psychic type pokemon reappeared behind Arlo. At its trainer command, it shot a beam of purple energy, much stronger than the last two attacks, right at the curled up ground type.

Spoiler
    Show
    Psychic! AC 2 (1d20)[20] SpDef -1 on 17+
    (3d10+33)[56]
    with another 32 damage from the crit
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-11-05 at 11:35 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

The ride to the Factory District was uncomfortable for Angus. He spent almost all of it standing up and hanging onto a rail, painfully out-of-place among the locals of Central. Gauntlet stood beside him, his low center of gravity and great mass uncaring of the transport's sudden starts and stops.

When Angus finally arrives at the temple, he wonders why the symbol of Varro would be displayed alongside the Six Eyes. Shrugging in ignorance, Angus pushes the door open and allows himself in. It's a temple. Who would deny one of the faithful entrance?
    Like everything you encountered in this city, there was nothing familiar inside the building. The first thing that confronted you when you entered were two giant metal pikachus, held together like armor. Tall as two men, they each wore large gloves on their front paws as they punched each other viciously in the middle of a large arena. Outside of the arena's ropes a crowd of men and women, all in heavy duty work clothes that looked similar - albeit more modernized - to the forging clothes from Zahaard. You also noticed two men on large, raised platforms pulling levers. They seemed to be controlling the machines.

The crowd suddenly gave a roar as one pikachu slammed its fist into the chin of its opponent. Head popping up easily, sparks flew from its cheeks and it slumped comically to the ground. The crowd gave raucous cheers, many of them waving pieces of paper above their heads. The two pedestals lowered, and the men controlling the machines stepped off to the congratulations and consolations of the crowd.

While nobody seemed to notice your entrance in the commotion, you did notice several workstations in the vast spaces not filled by the arena. Though many of the tools looked unfamiliar to you, there also seemed to be some more traditional forging stations as well.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

"Do your best then," Marcus states with a small grin at Gelver's antics, nodding at the two Pokemon to go forward and take out the Dugtrio.

Of course, a few short seconds later the Dugtrio very obviously sees his Pokemon, despite Quicksilver's claims of subtlety.

"Take him down now! Quick Attack!" Marcus cries, hoping his two Pokemon are able to act fast enough, watching their figures blur and fly forward in the darkness.

Show
    Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills)

Gelver uses Quick Attack!
    AC 2: (1d20)[13], Critical 19+
    Damage: (3d8+30)[47]
    Critical: [roll2]

Quicksilver uses Quick Attack!
    AC 2: [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Critical: [roll5]
    The Dugtrio reels for a second but quickly responds by rotating its three bodies with blinding speed, sending a vicious shockwave out over the two pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magnitude (1d20)[13] AC 2

(3d8+30)[47]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus watches as Quicksilver and Gelver both get absolutely leveled by the Dugrio's attack, the Trainer's blood running cold as his two apparently strongest Pokemon go down without even putting up a fight.

"Comiter!" Marcus cries, flinging out his Cubone as he returns his two Pokemon. "Keep it busy, alright?" he says awkwardly, reaching for an empty Pokeball. While it was only a temporary fix, maybe he could catch the Dugtrio? He didn't know if even Comiter could handle the strength of the Dugtrio's Magnitude.

Show
    Marcus returns Gelver and Quicksilver!
    Marcus releases Comiter! Dugtrio is faster

Gelver: -13/62 HP, 5 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 18 Speed
    +1 Special Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 3 Injuries
    Quicksilver: -14/50 HP, 6 Defense, 6 Special Defense, 20 Speed, 3 Injuries

Show

30. - Top - End - #750

Angus grits his teeth, trying to hold back the bile that suddenly rises at the sight of the false combat being perpetrated in the ring. It represented everything wrong with the way mankind had come to treat its Pokemon neighbors and completely defied the purpose of the temple's sanctity. From the looks of it, money had been wagered on the winner. "Is nothing sacred in this city," he mutters quietly.

He wanders over to one of the unoccupied work stations that carries the more traditional forging tools. Angus picks up a hammer and looks down to Gauntlet. "The sooner we're out of here, the better." It is not long before Angus is pounding out a spear-head and settling himself into a familiar rhythm. At that moment, he was not in a false temple in Central, but back at Castle Zahaard as an apprentice craftsman. Home seems so far away right now...