New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WW VII:Urban Lycanthropy ((Game Thread))

Ya know Shadow ... if you wanted to put the knife in me, you could have at least done it personally - as a professional courtesy. ;)
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

As the people celebrate the death of another rat, little did they know of the sinister plot the rats had carried out while everyone was distracted. That night many people, young and old grew deathly sick. First they were struck by nausea, followed by intense stomach cramps, then a weakness so crippling that many were left bedridden and a fair number passed away, including Saithis Wingblade, Spidermewtwo, and Darth Wario.

Many of the citizens meet to discuss this threat and Lord Fullbladder announces that he believes the rats have poisoned the water supply and he wants a party to accompany him and see what they can find. Weebl bravely volunteers as does [INUH].

The group heads to the water supply and within minutes, Weebl hollers for everyone that he's found the corpse of a person floating in the water.

DLD, astonished, turns to Lord FullBladder and asks how he figured it out. Lord Fullbladder confides that he is the diviner and he saw a vision of floating corpse. DLD smiles and with a swift motion, brings her clawed hand up, decapitating the diviner. His bloodstained mask is discovered by a second party sent out later.

With an evil smirk, she fully shifts into her wererat form and begins to sniff for Weebl and INUH. The scent she picks up first, though, is the corpse floating nearby. Overwhelmed by the tasty smell of bloated carcass, DLD swims out and begins gnawing on it. She doesn't see Weebl sneaking up until its too late. Weebl leaps into the water to battle the wererat and an amazing fight scene takes place. INUH hears the fight and swims out to help Weebl. Its a vain attempt as DLD slays them both. Sadly, her injuries were too extreme and she didn't have the energy to climb out of the water. She eventually drowns. All three bodies are later discovered by a second group.

Meanwhile...in another far off, forgotten corner of town...

The tea leaves stirred in the cup...

The ceremony was completed perfectly. Helgraf cleared his mind and reached out his consciousness as his sensei had taught him before his brutal murder.

He did not know why the man Shadow had exposed his actions to all and sundry. He knew, however, that it signed his death warrent, and his blood frothed as it attempted to force the change upon him. The teacup rattled once in his hand, then was still. This was the inward betrayal, that which had been forced upon him in the night. He reached out, feeling the presence of his ancestors stretching back thousands of years, and knew peace.

The tea leaves stirred...

He rose to his feet, and continued the performance of his duty, shadowing the Shadow to protect him from the ninja threat. He would not fail in his duty while he still drew breath.

It was at a sake house, of course. He knew the predilections of his ward better than any other man breathing. He moved quietly, speaking but an occasional word in reply to those who questioned him. Tea, ordered and sent to Shadow's table.

He knew it was wrong right away ... his sword came out, the tip of the blade shearing through cup and wet tea leaves both. He twisted ... turning toward the faint sound that his were-infested senses had magnified, throwing himself in between Shadow and the ninjae ... three of the whirling shuriken tore his kimono, two catching the expansive sleeves, and the third skidding across his right ribs ... the fire that lanced through him confirmed what his nose had scented scant fractions of a moment before impact. Envenomed.

He turned to Shadow, a gasp forcing itself through clenched teeth and flipped the table up so it stood between him and Shadow ... and between Shadow and the ninja.

His own teacup tumbled, the leaves spilling out ... falling to the floor. Slowly ... sooo slowly. He lurched forward ... his hands shifting, warping as he fell. Whiskers and a tail sprouting outward, he balanced poorly and fell.

It was so far to the floor ... everything seemed to be slowing ... down. Cherry blossoms slid across his field of vision.

Shadow was no fool ... even as Helgraf fell, he drew steel, and cut his way through one of the shoji screens, moving into the street, and melting into the night, just another drunk samurai in the poor quarter.

Helgraf reached out, caught one of the blossom petals ... smiled despite the pain that ran through his blood like knives. He would not fail in his duty while he still drew breath.

And then, he died...

(Summary: Lord Fullbladder, the diviner, was killed by the rats. DLD, a wererat, [INUH], a mason, and Weebl, a villager were autolynched. Helgraf, the samurai in training and a converted wererat was slain by ninjas.)

(Kudos to Llama and Helgraf for the death scenes )

Day Begins

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Banned

Dammit!
    I was right AND I was wrong about Helgy....

First Mate.
    It's you and me now.
    And the Abjuror, but I don't know who you are....
    And with Fullbladder dead (sonofabitch! Sorry bro, didn't see that one coming....) there's no way to confirm or deny any claims of your role.

Well, at least finding 3 Rats (4 if you count autos) in two and a half days ain't bad!

Masons: WTF??? Start voting, huh?!?!
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-06-17 at 02:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304

((You owe me a drink. When you arrive in the afterlife, I'm gonna collect. ;) ))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Banned

((Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be there soon enough....))

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

((Aiyaiyai. A pile of dead bodies.))

Ink hears of the latest kills and looks on while Shadow talks to a ghost.

"Dude... this place is fast becoming a ghost town. Might as well start the pointing."

Ink points at douglas

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

And without further ado, I present to you the next person that I find likely to be a Rat....

KYRIAN!

Normally, Kyrian keeps his mouth shut and wordlessly joins the bandwagons in progress.
    This game, it's almost as if he's actively trying to avoid them.
    He's been focusing on certain people.
    He gets defensive when even a single finger gets pointed his way, even when he's obviously not going to be the one lynched.
    This is a very different play style from his norm....
    Take a look for yourselves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    Kyrian points at...Llama

((Sorry, seems I don't get wireless from mom's house... :( ))
    So...you point at me for pointing at Atreyu, while Vonriel was already pointing at him? Is this because you're both wolves, Raldor?
    Kyrian points at Raldor. You avoided my question yesterday. Explain.
    Kyrian points at Raldor. You still haven't given a good answer.
    So what you're saying is it's ok to not point at Magtok and give him a chance to defend himself, but I shouldn't be allowed a chance? Are you protecting a fellow wererat? Kyrian points at [Insert Neat Username Here]
    ((Sorry, schedule for me is crazy. My posting may be sporadic. Here's your warning now on it))
    Don't worry buddy!
    I've got your back!
    I won't let you get auto-lynched....

I'll try to get you lynched instead!
    (This would be a whole lot easier if you were here. I almost feel bad about this.)

*Shadow points at Kyrian*

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

((Eh... I dunno. I've been in games where Kyrian was a wolf before... and this isn't how Kyrian usually acts when he's a wolf. I think Llama was right, if Kyrian was a wolf, you wouldn't know it.))

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got defensive twice, yes, once because Raldor was willing to point at me for his reasoning, and didn't point at whoever it was that was first pointing at llama. I was only pointing out that if he's going to use that reasoning, why was he protecting the first person then? As for [insert], I pointed at him because he wanted to protect Magtok, who wasn't around to defend himself, yet while I've stated before that my schedule this summer doesn't leave me a lot of time for these games, or to always point when necessary, and wasn't around to defend myself, he wanted to get me lynched. What kind of person are you to sit there and say that we shouldn't point and lynch someone that's not around to defend themselves, so you go and start pointing at yet another that's not around to do so? I've come back here to find myself lynched out of two games that people knew I wasn't around to defend myself for. One of which (Empires II) I hope the wolves end up winning. That'll teach them to kill Kirk.

Anyways, why has my behavior been different for this game? Because when I finally am able to get online, I don't usually have time, so I have to make a quick point.

Point it, you guys bitch if I point at someone random. You bitch if I find it easy to point at the hand pointing back, and you bitch if I point at someone important. I don't have the time to sit and read every single flipping post that happened from the last time I was online, so I usually just skim. Sorry I don't know that person X is the seer. If I pointed at them, it's probably because my points are either random, or because they're unlawfully pointing at me.

Wow, I've been typing this one up for a while now. Maybe I better stop before my life story gets out here...

EDIT: Forgot this. Sorry Douglas, I WAS going to point at Shadow, but since that will only further his "Kyrian is a wolf" cause, I'm going to have to follow Ink. But wait, no matter where I point, it will only further Shadow in his cause.

Kyrian points at douglas.
    Last edited by Kyrian; 2007-06-17 at 10:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

[whiny kid voice]NOOOOOOOOOO! Stop picking on the n00b, that's not fair! This is only my... one, two, three... fourth WW game and it's no fun if I get lynched for no reason so early! Find someone who's actually been here a while for your random bandwagon![/whiny kid voice]

All joking aside, Ink and Kyrian haven't presented any actual evidence against me, while Shadow has a good track record so far with his arguments.

*Douglas points at Kyrian*

P.S. If you didn't get the joke, read some of WW Classic III.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

((Didn't do much heavy analysis, I'm just always suspicious of everyone who's been rather quiet. Douglas seemed like a good candidate. Anyhow I've got nothing much to go on so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. "n00b" indeed... you've been a pretty crafty player in all the games I've seen. I'm not sure about Kyrian though, so I won't point yet.))

Ink removes his finger from douglas
    Last edited by Ink; 2007-06-17 at 01:06 PM. Reason: colour

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

*Points at douglas*

Suvivors in spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Captain "Fluffy"
    Captain Van Der Decken
    Castaras
    DarkCorax
    douglas
    Evnafets
    Fredricus
    Indurain
    Ink
    Jontom Xire
    Kyrian
    Malmagor Andrigal
    Purple Gelantinous Cube o' Doom
    Raistlin1040
    Shadow
    Takes avatar Requests Portfolio
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies By LiB, Oblivion and Me

13. - Top - End - #313
    Halfling in the Playground

In all the games I've ever played in I've been suspicious of Kyrian (perhaps because his avatar in the first game was a wolf-man type creature), but not in this one. In the others he wasn't a werewolf (bar one maybe - can't quite remember.

So I trust Shadow's logic - he's been doing well so far. Plus I'm going to have to trust my instinct because I haven't been keeping a spreadsheet and it's a bit late to start now.

Jontom points at Kyrian.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

14. - Top - End - #314

points at douglas

((at the moment, to avoid autolynch while I go and deal with my car that seems to want to go spend some quality time with a mechanic.))
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

15. - Top - End - #315

Well.. I'm inclined to trust Shadow's logic, I must say.

*points at Kyrian*
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

16. - Top - End - #316

Hmmm...*looks around* yep, i've definately gone paranoidical now....

*points at Kyrian*(no real reason, sorry..)

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

17. - Top - End - #317

The crowd, despite a moment or twos hesitation, makes its decision. Shadow gets Kyrian in a full Nelson and starts dragging the spitting, swearing victim to the gallows.

"Any last words ?" sniggers Shadow as the noose is put round Kyrian's neck. Kyrian just stares balefully at him.

Then, just before the trapdoor is sprung Kyrian grows claws and whiskers and teeth. Massive, razor sharp teeth. He snarls at Shadow and prepares to leap at him in order to take at least one person with him. Shadow gives a little squeak and falls backwards onto the lever for the trapdoor.

Which opens

Kyrian was a wererat and was lynched.

Day ends and night begins.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

18. - Top - End - #318

Whooohaaaa! Way to go Shadow!

Very nicely done.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I want to point at Kyrian, but
    1) I haven't been able to get on much lately, and I understand his erratic pointing to a certain extent, though it is still somewhat suspicious.
    2) I really did look like a wererat, so his point at me was well thought out, although incorrect.
    3) I think that Douglas's "I'm new so I can't be lynched" argument is uncreative and annoying, and implies an inability to find actual -- or even fake -- evidence of his innocence.

I point at Douglas, but I think that Kyrian is still somewhat suspicious.

EDIT: Oh, I was autolynched. you should really put that in bold or something.
    Last edited by [Insert Neat Username Here]; 2007-06-20 at 10:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Founder of the Guy in a Fancy Cape Fanclub.
    Trophies:
    2nd best discworld avatar
    2nd best discworld sigatar
    Caption contest wins: 5th place, 1st place
    Founder of the invisible message army.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by [Insert Neat Username Here] View Post
    3) I think that Douglas's "I'm new so I can't be lynched" argument is uncreative and annoying, and implies an inability to find actual -- or even fake -- evidence of his innocence.
    Um, that was a joke based entirely on what happened in WW Classic III. In my fourth game, especially this far into it, I'd consider trying to use that argument seriously to be absurd, and I thought I'd made it clear enough that I wasn't being serious in the post.

As for actual evidence of my (or anyone's) innocence, that is virtually impossible to come by without testimony from the Diviner, who happens to already be dead. All we can really do is look at who has the most evidence against them most of the time, and I haven't noticed anyone posting evidence against me yet.

Oh, and you've been autolynched already, so you can't vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    (Summary: Lord Fullbladder, the diviner, was killed by the rats. DLD, a wererat, [INUH], a mason, and Weebl, a villager were autolynched. Helgraf, the samurai in training and a converted wererat was slain by ninjas.)
    Last edited by Douglas; 2007-06-19 at 08:33 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

21. - Top - End - #321

And also, it's night time so those of you who want a night time action need to send it in.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Doh! Kyrian was a wolf? Man, I feel silly now.

23. - Top - End - #323

Anyone else for actions ? roll right up

*beats drum*

((Unless Alarra beats me to it or tells me not to, I shall be ending the night phase early tomorrow afternoon, my time (GMT) so any remaining actions...))

Wererats ? that means you...
    Last edited by Timberwolf; 2007-06-21 at 04:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324

Dawn breaks.

The cockerel gives a squawk as a boot is thrown at it before it can crow. The depleted townspeople come forward to survey the carnage of the night. Only one person is found to be missing though.

A headcount reveals Ink to be the lost soul and search parties go through the town to find what may have become of him. Eventually they find what may be him lying in several pieces in the gutter.

It could once have been a human, possibly. the body has been ripped apart, stabbed repeatedly with a cutlass and bears the evideence of running into magical protection, although it is plain that the ripping to shreds actually killed him, total as it was.

Besides what was once a proud man lies a black headscarf, 3 kunai and a shortsword, revealing Ink's role as a ninja assassin.

Ink was killed by wererats. He was a ninja.

The ninja kill failed owing to the intervention of baners.

Night is over, day begins.
    Last edited by Timberwolf; 2007-06-21 at 10:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325

So now we know there are still wererats around. Come on Shadow, time to work your magic again.

Oh, and thanks to the wererats for ridding us of a ninja!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

I have to go to work.
    I should be able to find some time this afternoon to shoot home. Maybe I'll be able to whip something up then.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

Heh, it seems that shape-sifting monsterous rats do have their uses . I'm going to wait until someone comes up with a theory, I don't have anything...
    Takes avatar Requests Portfolio
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies By LiB, Oblivion and Me

28. - Top - End - #328
    Banned

I just did.
    And we don't have to wait for the afternoon for it.

I knew before this game started that finding the ninjas was going to be the hard part of this game, because we'd either have to get lucky, or come across something like I think I just did.
    Voting patterns are useless because the Ninjas want the Rats dead just as badly as we do.
    But take a look at the following:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink View Post
    ((Aiyaiyai. A pile of dead bodies.))

Ink hears of the latest kills and looks on while Shadow talks to a ghost.

"Dude... this place is fast becoming a ghost town. Might as well start the pointing."

Ink points at douglas
    Then as soon as someone else points at Douglas....
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    [whiny kid voice]NOOOOOOOOOO! Stop picking on the n00b, that's not fair! This is only my... one, two, three... fourth WW game and it's no fun if I get lynched for no reason so early! Find someone who's actually been here a while for your random bandwagon![/whiny kid voice]

All joking aside, Ink and Kyrian haven't presented any actual evidence against me, while Shadow has a good track record so far with his arguments.

*Douglas points at Kyrian*

P.S. If you didn't get the joke, read some of WW Classic III.
    And then for some reason Ink (shown to be a Ninja) removes his finger.
    And he does it using faulty logic.
    Trying to stop a bandwagon from forming?
    ((Didn't do much heavy analysis, I'm just always suspicious of everyone who's been rather quiet. Douglas seemed like a good candidate. Anyhow I've got nothing much to go on so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. "n00b" indeed... you've been a pretty crafty player in all the games I've seen. I'm not sure about Kyrian though, so I won't point yet.))

Ink removes his finger from douglas
    This is faulty logic because it's doubletalk.
    Not sure about Kyrian?
    He was pretty sure a moment earlier, when he said:
    ((Eh... I dunno. I've been in games where Kyrian was a wolf before... and this isn't how Kyrian usually acts when he's a wolf. I think Llama was right, if Kyrian was a wolf, you wouldn't know it.))

As I said, I think Ink was trying to derail a bandwagon before it ever got started.
    I think you're a ninja.
    *Shadow points at Douglas
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-06-21 at 07:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329

Man, you're on form!!

Jontom Xire points at Douglas.

Actually I haven't been paying attention to this game, and I know everyone says after the fact that they know stuff, but his posts have been irking me just a little bit.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330

Aaand there goes the streak. Sorry, I'm just a villager.

If Ink were trying to derail a bandwagon against a fellow ninja before it got anywhere, why would he have pointed at me in the first place? His point was the very first against me that day; the bandwagon, such as it was, probably wouldn't even have existed without that point, and he had no reason as far as I can tell to expect to die soon so pointing at a fellow ninja to divert suspicion doesn't make much sense. Much safer to point at a random non-ninja than to put a ninja in danger when no such danger existed to either himself or another ninja before that point.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show