New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,498 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gunnerkrigg Court 6: Fire Away

I was thinking that they paused because they couldn't see if the Court was still there and is that bridge really there or is this another Coyote trick.

Then I saw this mentioned in a GC Forum post and am now thinking Tom likely would reference it, even though it is a US rather than a UK thing.
    Last edited by stsasser; 2017-04-21 at 07:27 PM.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    I was thinking that they paused because they couldn't see if the Court was still there and is that bridge really there or is this another Coyote trick.

Then I saw this mentioned in a GC Forum post and am now thinking Tom likely would reference it, even though it is a US rather than a UK thing.
    I think it's just the awkward moment before they start talking about how Annie just ignored Smitty bleeding on the ground while she took care of her hair clip and some other things that she hasn't explained to Parley and Smitty yet. Neither of your ideas are consistent with their facial expressions so both of them seem less likely.

I doubt they will chew out Annie quite like Red did, but something vaguely similar will probably happen. It would probably be more a matter of Parley and Smitty wanting Annie to explain why she did what she did and probably what the deal with the pomps was about. If not those things, they may try to decide what to do about the fact that they weakened the Court's defense against the Forest.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-04-21 at 09:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Firbolg in the Playground

Robot is back, along with the chapter 40 retrospective video.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that's a ringing endorsement of Annie's plan and actions. Not.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Well, that's a ringing endorsement of Annie's plan and actions. Not.
    However, that one pretty much is.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

6. - Top - End - #1476

BarbarianGuy

Per Tom's comment: Looks like we've hit the downslope for GC.

What will be his next project? He's mentioned The Adventures of Zimmy and Gamma and the lifestyles of Urban Faries.
    The Giant

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kat has been giving some good input for Annie. Some of Red's logic was not valid in-story. I admit that I was wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    Per Tom's comment: Looks like we've hit the downslope for GC.

What will be his next project? He's mentioned The Adventures of Zimmy and Gamma and the lifestyles of Urban Faries.
    What comment? "For reference: the entire comic up to this point?" I don't know why Tom wrote that, but I don't see how that indicates that we are on the downslope for GC. Often those comments seem very random to me.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, I thought he was just referring to her "obsession" that had been the entire comic up to this point.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

There's plenty of story left to tell, I believe. Things might change drastically now, though.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    Yeah, I thought he was just referring to her "obsession" that had been the entire comic up to this point.
    Yes, I think that's the best explanation.

BTW, Annie is misrepresenting (misremembering?) the conversation with Muut a bit. He arrived to help Annie by giving her the blinker stone, which Muut claimed was a gift from Mort. Muut appreciated Annie being nice to Mort and the pomps were grateful for Annie's help with Jeanne, but I don't recall them asking for her help with Jeanne the way Annie claims. Saying, "The pyschopomps started all this," and saying they asked for help amounts to her blaming them too much. She's probably remembering it that way because she doesn't like them, I think, or maybe she's in denial about her own desire to solve problems like that. Probably a bit of both, IMO.

Alternatively, Annie meant her "obsession" with the afterlife in general, in which case she could have been referring to the flashback scene in the hospital. The pomps did ask for Annie's help with the boy who was killed in the fire. If that's the case, it's odd that Tom showed Muut giving Annie the blinker stone in the background, though.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-05-08 at 07:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Yes, I think that's the best explanation.

BTW, Annie is misrepresenting (misremembering?) the conversation with Muut a bit. He arrived to help Annie by giving her the blinker stone, which Muut claimed was a gift from Mort. Muut appreciated Annie being nice to Mort and the pomps were grateful for Annie's help with Jeanne, but I don't recall them asking for her help with Jeanne the way Annie claims. Saying, "The pyschopomps started all this," and saying they asked for help amounts to her blaming them too much. She's probably remembering it that way because she doesn't like them, I think, or maybe she's in denial about her own desire to solve problems like that. Probably a bit of both, IMO.

Alternatively, Annie meant her "obsession" with the afterlife in general, in which case she could have been referring to the flashback scene in the hospital. The pomps did ask for Annie's help with the boy who was killed in the fire. If that's the case, it's odd that Tom showed Muut giving Annie the blinker stone in the background, though.
    All Mutt said there was that Jeanne was beyond the Pomp's reach. I don't think they ever actually asked Annie to do anything about Jeanne, and Muut certainly didn't do so on the shoreline that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    All Mutt said there was that Jeanne was beyond the Pomp's reach. I don't think they ever actually asked Annie to do anything about Jeanne, and Muut certainly didn't do so on the shoreline that night.
    Muut did later say that they needed Annie's help, and had Mort give Annie the blinker stone to give her the tool she needed to learn about the ether. They didn't directly ask her because she would have refused, so they sneakily manipulated her into doing so of her own accord.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than directly asking her to take on an insane rage-ghost.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Muut did later say that they needed Annie's help, and had Mort give Annie the blinker stone to give her the tool she needed to learn about the ether. They didn't directly ask her because she would have refused, so they sneakily manipulated her into doing so of her own accord.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than directly asking her to take on an insane rage-ghost.
    I didn't remember that, but you're correct (also next page). Another thing on that page is that the pomps considered it inevitable that Annie would help sooner or later, so a second reason for them not asking Annie is that they didn't actually need to. Between that and what Ankou said about Annie's desire to claim Jeanne, I'm wondering about how much free will Annie has when it comes to claiming spirits like Jeanne. I think Annie is wondering too.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    I didn't remember that, but you're correct (also next page). Another thing on that page is that the pomps considered it inevitable that Annie would help sooner or later, so a second reason for them not asking Annie is that they didn't actually need to. Between that and what Ankou said about Annie's desire to claim Jeanne, I'm wondering about how much free will Annie has when it comes to claiming spirits like Jeanne. I think Annie is wondering too.
    And today's comic adds a further mystery to it.

Why didn't the psychopomps ask Surma to do it?

15. - Top - End - #1485

BarbarianGuy

...a-and they would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that darn meddlin' Kat!
    The Giant

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    And today's comic adds a further mystery to it.

Why didn't the psychopomps ask Surma to do it?
    It could be that the "obssesion" only takes hold when one sees the spirit if they do not have a specific domain. That could even be how domains start. And tje psychopomps were unable to get Surma down into the Annan Valley, either because of rules or because they didn't consider the possibility.

17. - Top - End - #1487

It could also be that they didn't really believe Surma would want to do it. Remember, Surma was actually loyal to the Court, much more so than Andrew, let alone Annie. She might not have been willing to eliminate the defense mechanism that the Court's founders created. Annie, by contrast, holds no loyalty whatsoever to the Court, and so they could more likely count on her to do the right thing.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

Come on, Annie, ask Kat how come she's a gigantic terrifying robo-god in the Ether; you KNOW you want to!

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

New comic

Annie tries to draw the "gigantic terrifying robo-god in the Ether." It should have been more like this (how Zimmy sees Kat) or this or this, not that I could have done any better.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

I can see what she was trying to show with that lousy sketch: a face (the roundness!) radiating wires/pipes (the lines!)

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

This strikes me as going very badly.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Troll in the Playground

Let's see... Robot is only a head but fully active and has so far overheard that Annie has been dragooned into working for the psychopomps and that she may not like it, and now he's hearing that the Arrow is a tremendously powerful weapon that is currently unlocked but can be programmed, and that anyone can use, and Kat is the only guardian.

I see no potential problems with any of this...

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah.. I like the characters and everything, but after this little scene, I almost want to see reality smack them both upside the head.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

And Parley and Smitty brought pieces of Coyote back to the Court with them. Maybe the kids had so much fun with Jeanne, they decided to have a little more danger in their lives.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, we're at page 50. Any suggestions for new titles? How 'bout "Now with 100% less fairies!"

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    By the way, we're at page 50. Any suggestions for new titles? How 'bout "Now with 100% less fairies!"
    We agreed on: Psychopomps and Circumstance

27. - Top - End - #1497

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    We agreed on: Psychopomps and Circumstance
    I like this one the best.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ettin in the Playground

All right, then:

NEW THREAD