New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Language translation

I am interested on making translations of the char-op handbooks posted on the 5e forum on my native language, i wish to post them here because the forum format is easy to read and simple to edit and on the rules i didnt see anything that restrict me from doing it, just to make sure i dont intent to translate the players handbook or any other official book, just the guides that were posted by members

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Language translation

From the rules:
    Typing Incoherently/Foreign Languages
    This is an English-speaking forum. With the exception of text-only translations of the comic or other specifically authorized exceptions, please use English only on this forum. While an occasional word or phrase is acceptable, entire posts, conversations, or threads in languages other than English will be scrubbed or closed.
    So if a mod says it's OK to post your translation, it should be fine, but since it's difficult for the moderators (some of whom may only read English fluently) to moderate posts in other languages, it's not something that's encouraged.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2015-08-18 at 07:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel07 View Post
    I am interested on making translations of the char-op handbooks posted on the 5e forum on my native language, i wish to post them here because the forum format is easy to read and simple to edit and on the rules i didnt see anything that restrict me from doing it, just to make sure i dont intent to translate the players handbook or any other official book, just the guides that were posted by members
    The mods will tell you if you can or cannot, but be aware that, as Mando Knight mentions, posting in languages other than English is listed in the forum rules, in the "Please Don't" section. There is an exception to that rule for translations of the comic itself, but not for char-ops.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #4
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: The rules are pretty well noted above. Please don't do non-English handbooks, translations or originals, here.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex