The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: The Titans' Folly [OOC2]

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Right? But Ran Yang Li doesn't want to be a father or a king. He runs a restaurant. That's his greatest aspiration.
    Right. And some stuff in white.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-08-27 at 08:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    Well, now you're making me feel sorry for a naked bloody psychopath

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Right.
    Has he done anything other than make planes and give people food? Name one thing he's actively done to cause harm to anyone.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Has he done anything other than make planes and give people food? Name one thing he's actively done to cause harm to anyone.
    For some reason, AlexanderML is convinced that the whole of the Elven Pantheon and it's followers are monsters hell-bent on ruining the world and humanity.

So, Ran Yang Li must be up to something insidious.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

4. - Top - End - #604

Help create some interesting children.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #605

Help create some interesting children.
    Hey, children are their own people. Sometimes they come out to be people you don't like. That's nothing active he's done and its certainly not his job to make them better people.

6. - Top - End - #606

Hey, children are their own people. Sometimes they come out to be people you don't like. That's nothing active he's done and its certainly not his job to make them better people.
    Then what is the job of a parent? I thought it was to make sure they live and make sure their decent people.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-08-27 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

Then what is the job of a parent? I thought it was to make sure they live and make sure their decent people.
    In the case of small children..yes...but once they reach adulthood (which gods reach as soon as they are born) What kind of person they are depends entirely on them.

As a father of 3, I do my best and hope they turn out to be good people but if when they are old enough to make their own decisions they choose another path... Oh well.. I did my part.
    Currently Playing

8. - Top - End - #608

You can try but you aren't certain to succeed and as Hatter has pointed out these aren't children they're Gods. Also Ran Yang Li is a terrible parent. Doesn't make him an Evil God or go against what I said. He doesn't want to be a King and he doesn't want to control anything. If he wanted to don't you think he'd be doing it already? He doesn't even control The Maasa'. Their society is dedicated to the whole Elven Pantheon. Ran Yang Li just wants to run his Tea House.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, considering you actively encouraged YinBao to start the Elf-War.

You're the restaurant owner who covertly funnels money to the mafia so that other restaurants can't afford to stay in business. You dirty restauranteer you.

10. - Top - End - #610

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Well, considering you actively encouraged YinBao to start the Elf-War.

You're the restaurant owner who covertly funnels money to the mafia so that other restaurants can't afford to stay in business. You dirty restauranteer you.
    Hey! I specified actively. So some money goes to drug running. Ran Yang Li is a victim, he's just paying off YinBao ya know?

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

YinBao the Mafia Bunny.

Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...

Currently Playing

12. - Top - End - #612

Hey! I specified actively. So some money goes to drug running. Ran Yang Li is a victim, he's just paying off YinBao ya know?
    I'm pretty sure that Ran Yang Li once described YinBao as his "Eternal love".
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah we strongly disagree. If the people at the table can't take a step back and do something that they might not agree with OOCly but makes sense for their character ICly I don't want to be at that table. The character and the player may not exist in a vacuum but that doesn't really mean anything. They're Role Playing Games and you should be playing the role. I've played characters who have raped, who have commited genocide and done tons of things I myself would never do. But they were great characters and chances to test my boundaries. Because I think you should be uncomfortable sometimes and be removed from your comfort zone. You shouldn't be causing stress and anxiety and anger every time you sit down to play certainly but if everyone at the table gets anxious or angry because something doesn't comport to their Real Life Mores then IMHO and rather frank opinion they're not worth playing with. We're not playing Lord of the Care Bears here and I'm not playing Dungeons and Rainbow Bright. I don't need to be coddled and I find it immensely condescending to be told that I'm not enough of an adult to deal with things I personally find disagreeable.
    Alright lets wind it back up again!
    If we aren't playing Lord of the care bears then why exactly am I having to back pedal and get everyone's permission before grabbing a number of 100% inconsequential grains of sand and making something with them?
    I did exactly what I thought my character would do and got called out for it. Oh don't do that! without asking! Oh don't act with OOC consideration to the players if you think it's something your character would just do. Very confusing as they are entirely contradictory. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I'm not even going to touch the other areas of that paragraph referencing rape and pushing player boundaries. Sure in a local game with people you are comfortable with and know well that might be ok but not in an internet based game with people you don't know much about. Again I think it is all well and good to RP your character to the fullest, just not at the expense of someone else. Saying "I'm going to roleplay this and I don't really care what you think or what you've been through in your life!" is just well, that's not something I'd want just dropped on me out of the blue.

Which brings me all the way back around to am I or am I not supposed to consider other players when I take IC actions? Because here is one mod teling me this and another mod telling me that and it is rather confusing.

@Darklady Against the spirit of the game?
    Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    6 AP - 1 AP = 5 AP
    1 AP - Bless: Unkillable Duskwilds
    It is nearly impossible to destroy the Duskwilds, for they know what they are supposed to look like. Nothing short of a divine act can alter the landscape of the Duskwilds in any sizeable way. A small hut could be built, a few trees cut down, but anything on a larger scale will simply regenerate back to its original state. This is contingent on Valenadria's wishes, if someone wants to build in the duskwilds without expending divine energy, they simply have to receive her permission. This blessing also prevents widespread destruction of the Plane's landscape, such as forest fires or earthquakes unless they are acts of divine power. (Essentially, you HAVE to spend AP to change anything about the plane's geography or landscape unless you have Val's IC permission).
    The purpose of it is to just try and keep the white moon more or less the same on the surface. I suppose I could just scrub it all and just go with a bless like the above? AP must be spent if the moon is to be altered so it only can be If that works I'm fine with de-infusing the moon, I'm still just confused then as to what infusions (For land) are for then. To be clear I am not being sarcastic I legitimately want to understand it and figure out how to accomplish what I'd like. If you can offer either another suggestion for the infusion or let me know if a bless like yours above is cool that be great. Also clearing up why the heck someone would infuse land instead of just blessing it like the above might help too. I'm not trying to be a meany or anything I legitimately don't understand. There is alot that is left up to interpretation and it's now so frustrating I almost want to avoid the action all together because it seems like a waste if it doesn't accomplish something meaningful.
    Last edited by Rocks Fall; 2015-08-27 at 09:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #614

He's also turned into a parody of a German Surgeon and is the God of Illusions. It's almost like he's not literal with everything he says.

15. - Top - End - #615

He's also turned into a parody of a German Surgeon and is the God of Illusions. It's almost like he's not literal with everything he says.
    *Shocked*
    What?! He's not? I'm sure no one saw that coming.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616

Quote Originally Posted by Ormagoden View Post
    Missed a big dust up didn't I? I was wondering what that PM was all about.
    Or I didn't miss it at all. I was just now thinking of adding my two cents but I don't think it will help here. Let's just get the questions answered here by mods and avoid any additional poking of the bears. Did I ever tell you all I'm internet famous on here? I like Bears. Don't necro the thread!

::Shiny objects! Distract Distract!::

17. - Top - End - #617

*Shocked*
    What?! He's not? I'm sure no one saw that coming.
    Hey buddy, you're the one pointing out something he said as if it means something more than it might.

Quote Originally Posted by RocksFall View Post
    Alright lets wind it back up again!
    If we aren'tplaying Lord of the care bears then why exactly am I having to back pedal and get everyone's permission before grabbing a number of 100% inconsequential grains of sand and making something with them?
    I did exactly what I thought my character would do and got called out for it. Oh don't do that! without asking! Oh don't act with OOC consideration to the players if you think it's something your character would just do. Very confusing as they are entirely contradictory. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I'm not even going to touch the other areas of that paragraph referencing rape and pushing player boundaries. Sure in a local game with people you are comfortable with and know well that might be ok but not in an internet based game with people you don't know much about. Again I think it is all well and good to RP your character to the fullest, just not at the expense of someone else. Saying "I'm going to roleplay this and I don't really care what you think or what you've been through in your life!" is just well, that's not something I'd want just dropped on me out of the blue
    You're taking two situations and conflating them. This is a group game where everyone is both DM and Player. If you want to mess with someone's stuff its polite to make sure they're cool with it to a point. I was talking in a general sense because you brought up a hypothetical situation in a D&D game. By the time I'd woken up and checked the OOC things had been re-worded so I don't really know what went down. You...stole some people and made it so they couldn't get taken back? Is that how it went down? I wasn't really commenting on your In Game or OOC actions, I was refuting your using "This is how my character is played is a cop out" because I find it inherently against the spirit of Role Playing. But let me clarify the...really only one rule of this game.

This game is a cooperative game where everyone is working together to weave a better story. If you wanna nuke a continent or steal a culture then you should talk to people that are involved in those things to make sure they're cool with it if you think it's going to be absolutely disruptive. You don't have to check with little things like curses but if you're going to keep going after a culture or a group then it's probably best to work with the owner of your targeted group.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-08-27 at 10:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #618

Quote Originally Posted by Ormagoden View Post
    ::Shiny objects! Distract Distract!::
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

@RocksFall: I think that you may be over complicating the whole thing..and I know that the following format may be seen as an insult but I'm just trying to simplify it best I can..No insult intended.... so...

1. Do what your character would do but for the sake of working together, cooperating and respect...communicate first.

2. The Duskwild's is a part of a Divinely Morphic Plane.
    2.1 A Divinely Morphic Plane can be freely altered by any god into any shape.
    2.2 That blessing can be overridden with a 2AP curse.
    2.3 From my understanding, it's simply that it cannot be altered in a major way but small-scale things can happen.

3. You could use a bless on the moon, that would be fine.
    3.1 Keep in mind that anyone can override your blessing.
    3.2 Infusions cannot be removed.

4. More than anything, Infusions exist for fluff purposes. (And rcr boosts + minor mechanical bonuses.)
    4.1 For example, Xiao'Shu "owns" The Dreamscape but she hasn't infused it.
    Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

As an example of using Blessed Land's free alter lands: I blessed Shiv like 3 weeks ago. Since then I used the free alter to make a giant sea wall with one opening and a floating island fortress.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    As an example of using Blessed Land's free alter lands: I blessed Shiv like 3 weeks ago. Since then I used the free alter to make a giant sea wall with one opening and a floating island fortress.
    You did what?
    Currently Playing

22. - Top - End - #622
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Things
    I don't need the "golden rule" explained to me yet again, but thank you none the less.
    I already mentioned that I was on my way to fixing the error and Pm'ed the players apologized and tried to sort out any issues. I apologize both in OOC publicly multiple times and said I was making an effort to fix it. Which is why I found it strange you jumped on me all of a sudden in a separate discussion not directed towards you and that you somehow found it insulting to you.

I think any more "Discussion" will just end up in people becoming irrevocably done with one another and make big personal rifts. I would really appreciate it if the matter was dropped and no more flame baiting was directed at me while I work hard to fix the simple problem which keeps getting bigger with each negative discussion.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    I read that LoC and loved YOOO.... One day, I will semi-copy...
    Ha, Thank you! I loved playing a Giant Disgusting Idiot. . .

I totally agree! YinBao is doing his best, but you know how kids are

YinBao the Mafia Bunny.

The flattery is strong with you (and I LOVE IT)

Who wouldn't love
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

24. - Top - End - #624

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Who wouldn't love
    Given the chance Ran Yang Li would murder YinBao in his sleep. Not because he hates the bunny but because he respects him that much.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

You did what?
    Altered Land to make additions to Shiv that have just kinda existed since I did them. Heck, you interacted with Minamo.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

Given the chance Ran Yang Li would murder YinBao in his sleep. Not because he hates the bunny but because he respects him that much.
    So YinBao = Teddy Roosevelt
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

27. - Top - End - #627
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

@RocksFall: I think that you may be over complicating the whole thing..and I know that the following format may be seen as an insult but I'm just trying to simplify it best I can..No insult intended.... so...

1. Do what your character would do but for the sake of working together, cooperating and respect...communicate first.

2. The Duskwild's is a part of a Divinely Morphic Plane.
    2.1 A Divinely Morphic Plane can be freely altered by any god into any shape.
    2.2 That blessing can be overridden with a 2AP curse.
    2.3 From my understanding, it's simply that it cannot be altered in a major way but small-scale things can happen.

3. You could use a bless on the moon, that would be fine.
    3.1 Keep in mind that anyone can override your blessing.
    3.2 Infusions cannot be removed.

4. More than anything, Infusions exist for fluff purposes. (And rcr boosts + minor mechanical bonuses.)
    4.1 For example, Xiao'Shu "owns" The Dreamscape but she hasn't infused it.
    First thanks for making that super clear! I don't see it as an insult AT ALL. I'm begging for some clarification and you gave it to me! so Thank you!

So making the moon inalterable without permission is basically an impossible goal and infusions are just for fluff and some minor bonuses. Ok now i understand, really thank you.

Can I make it harder to alter the moon with an infusion? Like it costs Double AP for anyone else doing it?
    Would it just be better to make it a visible plane if i want to make it immutable by other gods? is that a simpler solution?

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Altered Land to make additions to Shiv that have just kinda existed since I did them. Heck, you interacted with Minamo.
    Nonono.. What I'm getting at is that you used a blessing to give you the ability to alter land without cost?

Also....

Announcement

I eat my words. Infusions CAN be used to grant free 0AP Alter Land....I don't like it but y'all go ahead.
    Currently Playing

29. - Top - End - #629

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    So YinBao = Teddy Roosevelt
    Well...I guess so? He could poison his wine or something. But killing him while he was awake would be rude. Have you seen someone die from poison? Pretty gruesome and slow. But killing a person in their sleep? Nice and gentle. Won't even know it if done correctly. And Ran Yang Li -is- a God of Comfort too after all.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Graiyah is evil for destroying individuality.
    While I do completely agree with the statement of which I'm quoting a piece of out of context, Graiyah has done absolutely nothing to destroy anyone's individuality. Every last sentient piece of Graiyah has its own personality, wants, desires, and needs. Each individual thinks for itself and in no way has its own individuality destroyed. While I'm sure someone could fabricate some reason why Graiyah is "evil" (AlexanderML certainly seems to have a handle on that), destroying individuality is explicitly not one.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.