New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Help on a Binder build

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    One question: Is level 13 wizards(with the right prcs) with one prismatic sphere scroll and stuff of this king mooks when you are level 17?
    (You can have four of them against you team and it can hurt)
    What are you talking about?
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Hello again guys

I would like to know about the Dex-based Binder you were talking about. I'll add the unseelie fey template to my character and since it have -2 str and +2 dex I think changing to dex-based would be a great idea. My initial scores were:

Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 14
    Int 10
    Wis 8
    Cha 18

With the Unseelie Fey Template and a Dexterity approach I think it would look like this:

Str 10
    Dex 16
    Con 14
    Int 10
    Wis 8
    Cha 20

Do you think it's ok? I know Paimon will be my guy until later levels but I wanted advice in early game survival (starting lvl 1) Equipment and tips or something Dx Idk

Thanks again for everything! you guys are awesome :B
    Pew pew

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Grab Improved Binding and get Paimon ASAP, you will be a happier person, also you're gonna want to get Shadow Blade, for Dex to Damage, so either 2 Feats (Martial Study and Martial Stance) or 1 level of Swordsage. After that continue with Binder as required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Grab Improved Binding and get Paimon ASAP, you will be a happier person, also you're gonna want to get Shadow Blade, for Dex to Damage, so either 2 Feats (Martial Study and Martial Stance) or 1 level of Swordsage. After that continue with Binder as required.
    I would suggest the feats investment, if only because a sword sage dip is going to slow down your binding progression. Weapon Finesse would probably also be helpful (I can't recall off hand if paimon gives that or not).

Also, sword sage is a 3/4th bab class, so a 1 level dip is going to eat into your bab. And if you want to hit things, you're going to need that bab. And you don't have enough wisdom to make a second sword sage level particularly useful (the level where you get to add wis to ac while in light or no armor).

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    I would suggest the feats investment, if only because a sword sage dip is going to slow down your binding progression. Weapon Finesse would probably also be helpful (I can't recall off hand if paimon gives that or not).

Also, sword sage is a 3/4th bab class, so a 1 level dip is going to eat into your bab. And if you want to hit things, you're going to need that bab. And you don't have enough wisdom to make a second sword sage level particularly useful (the level where you get to add wis to ac while in light or no armor).
    Paimon gives Weapon Finesse. I only recommend the feats if you have the feats to burn, otherwise the Dip is nice. Yes it slaps your BaB, but you get 5 Maneuvers and a Stance, and if you take the dip at level 5 (or 6) you can take 2nd level Maneuvers. Hello Mountain Hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Uhmmm I think I'll be taking the two feats. Im human and with a couple of flaws it should work ok. Thanks for the replies c:!
    Pew pew