New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Raziere's Rollicking Red Raging Rant (Random Banter Thread #213)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Got a callback in... gall, less than an hour. It's for this ridiculous two-person farce where each person plays 11 characters and man do I ever want this. I mean, I played 5 (small) parts in a show for this director last year; that has to count for something, right?
    Wow, awesome! Good luck!

IRN:
    Speaking about acting, I'm part of putting together a large party, and I'm going to play roles throughout the entire day, be it singing, acting, being a toast-master or acting even more. And I'm everything from poorly prepared to almost not prepared at all, including on the stuff I did write myself...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

After watching this video I really wanted to say that I'm done with the internet, but in reality I'm really impressed with what the internet has brought to our lives.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2015-08-29 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    After watching this video I really wanted to say that I'm done with the internet, but in reality I'm really impressed with what the internet has brought to our lives.
    There is no need to be upset.

Man what is that song though it sounds awesome.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There is no need to be upset.

It's Nightwish's take on Walking in the Air (when Tarja was still the singer in the band). It's kinda the theme song of an iconic Christmas film that is basically obligatory tv entertainment in Finland and its country of origin, the UK as well I think. The Snowman, was it? Yeah, it is. That simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

It is, apparently, this. Which is to say, I had the exact same thought as you, except I had a vague recollection of the name on which to base a guess (not that the first line of the song is such a far shot of a guess ).

ION:
    Today we were accosted by the roars of mighty dragons (or rather, griffons, but dragons are more appropriate) dancing mating dances over our heads, but that was just sporadic, and they never interrupted anything important which we couldn't excuse. And the rest of it, I was so nervous and excited I couldn't sleep, but everything turned great, and everything I'd written myself was really well-received, and everything just clicked! Suffice to say, I've got so much positive energy cooking in me right now I could probably kill undead with a light touch, and then I didn't even drink anything alcoholic, because I need to drive tomorrow.
    Which I probably should sleep for...
    Whiiiich... might not be the easiest thing to do right now...

Show

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    It's Nightwish's take on Walking in the Air (when Tarja was still the singer in the band). It's kinda the theme song of an iconic Christmas film that is basically obligatory tv entertainment in Finland and its country of origin, the UK as well I think. The Snowman, was it? Yeah, it is. That simple.
    Ooh, awesome. I really like this song so I'mma listen to it on repeat for awhile.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, awesome. I really like this song so I'mma listen to it on repeat for awhile.
    And I'm going to try and rewrite the lyrics, because it's almost 3 in the morning, and I am not sane.

Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Sister's pulled the final straw.

I'm just glad this is "almost too late" and not "too late".

9. - Top - End - #39

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    And I'm going to try and rewrite the lyrics, because it's almost 3 in the morning, and I am not sane.
    This particular version of it is quite fun, I think (note the landmarks they fly past are all Scottish, since Irn-Bru is famously made by a Scottish company):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZOab5gl-4

@Zodi: I thought your sister had a permanent reservation in the Last Chance Saloon, what's she done this time?

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    This particular version of it is quite fun, I think (note the landmarks they fly past are all Scottish, since Irn-Bru is famously made by a Scottish company):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZOab5gl-4

@Zodi: I thought your sister had a permanent reservation in the Last Chance Saloon, what's she done this time?
    No use not talking about it. *rips off the band aid*

She tried to push Mom down the stairs.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

...yep, that'd do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Welp.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have never felt so much goddamn rage at a single person in a long long time. I hope your mom's okay, and that you and your mom never have to see your sister again.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    I have never felt so much goddamn rage at a single person in a long long time. I hope your mom's okay, and that you and your mom never have to see your sister again.
    Mom is fine, she says she was never in any real danger. Unfortunately the hospital can't take my sister away to a padded cell to get better since that's illegal, so we have to wait until sister decides she's deranged enough to go to a therapist. All we can do is encourage her to go get herself fixed.

Sigh.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry Lala. I'm here if you need an ear or a shoulder.

Just out of curiosity, I know that one of my friends had a situation similar to that and the courts were able to mandate a psychiatric evaluation/physician examination, and they were held by the hospital temporarily while a treatment plan was determined, with the possibility for extension if they found it necessary. I know the hospital cannot, to use your words, take her away to a padded cell, but is there a similar route relevant for you to get her the mental care she needs? Sorry if this wasn't okay to say, I just remembered it helped my friend's family.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    I'm sorry Lala. I'm here if you need an ear or a shoulder.

Just out of curiosity, I know that one of my friends had a situation similar to that and the courts were able to mandate a psychiatric evaluation/physician examination, and they were held by the hospital temporarily while a treatment plan was determined, with the possibility for extension if they found it necessary. I know the hospital cannot, to use your words, take her away to a padded cell, but is there a similar route relevant for you to get her the mental care she needs? Sorry if this wasn't okay to say, I just remembered it helped my friend's family.
    Thank you, I'll throw that idea at Mom later.

Anyway in happier news, tomorrow is Episode 50 of my Skyward Sword playthrough! Gonna have some interesting stuff in it, so see you there everyone. Hopefully

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Life got more interesting recently in both good and bad ways, but I'm feeling better about tjhings.

I have a goal for something, I just need to start but I just haven't had the time in a place to do so. It's a little frustrating even if having the goal feels like progress.

We were looking after my Grandma's dog for a day and within that time the dog escaped twice. Same dog has been here before for longer unable to escape, so she's definitely become better at it.

Mom is fine, she says she was never in any real danger. Unfortunately the hospital can't take my sister away to a padded cell to get better since that's illegal, so we have to wait until sister decides she's deranged enough to go to a therapist. All we can do is encourage her to go get herself fixed.

Sigh.
    I'm glad your Mom is fine. I really hope the best for you and family. Someone trying to push someone down stairs sounds pretty scary.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2015-08-30 at 08:10 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, I'll throw that idea at Mom later.

Anyway in happier news, tomorrow is Episode 50 of my Skyward Sword playthrough! Gonna have some interesting stuff in it, so see you there everyone. Hopefully
    I'd going to amend my post, I went searching for the old messages. It was held for assessment for a couple days maximum and then from there they could be held longer if they were deemed to be a danger to themselves/others and refused treatment, the physician could apply for extended holding of the patient or involuntary treatment if they could show it is necessary. Glad I could help.

I would be there, but I haven't seen all of the previous ones yet.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

In lighter news, my floor's government is thoroughly bizarre. We, a guys' floor, have a President, President Emeritus, Czar, Wizard, Queen, Vicereine (me), Master at Arms, and Squire.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    I'd going to amend my post, I went searching for the old messages. It was held for assessment for a couple days maximum and then from there they could be held longer if they were deemed to be a danger to themselves/others and refused treatment, the physician could apply for extended holding of the patient or involuntary treatment if they could show it is necessary. Glad I could help.

I would be there, but I haven't seen all of the previous ones yet.
    According to Youtube's really bad analytics system if you start watching right now you'll finish just as I upload the next one!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

In lighter news, my floor's government is thoroughly bizarre. We, a guys' floor, have a President, President Emeritus, Czar, Wizard, Queen, Vicereine (me), Master at Arms, and Squire.
    Huh.

We only had a floor captain that on-one ever listened to.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Huh.

We only had a floor captain that on-one ever listened to.
    You see. I mentioned the time the president and vice president styled themselves the dictator and court wizard. They had fun with titles.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking

23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground

Holy hell, it's like someone took all of the governments of the world and put them in a blender. It is somewhat scary that a university's floor full of dormitories needs a Master at Arms. :P

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

What do all those roles do, Razanir? The Master-At-Arms and the Wizard especially pique my curiosity.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

The Queen is a figurehead. The President, Czar, and Wizard are collectively our two voting members at dorm gov't and an officially designated backup. Because the President can't make it this semester, I declared myself Vicereine (not Viceroy, because we have a queen) as backup officially designated backup voting member. The Squire has no defined responsibilities; he just wanted the title. The First Lady is the RA's girlfriend. The President Emeritus (for life) is last year's president. The Master at Arms is the medievally renamed Intramural Chair. And the Jester is the medievally renamed Bathroom Chair (in charge of finding memes and comics to grace the stall doors so we don't have to stare at solid white walls).

You see. A few years ago, our president and vice president styled themselves the Dictator and Court Wizard. I mentioned that, and they ran with it.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Why don't you add a Pharaoh or a Sultan? Maybe also a CEO...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

I had 20min this morning I could have done something I'd been meaning to do and spent it surfing the web instead.
    Ha, great. I'm such a responsible adult! X.x

The Queen is a figurehead. The President, Czar, and Wizard are collectively our two voting members at dorm gov't and an officially designated backup. Because the President can't make it this semester, I declared myself Vicereine (not Viceroy, because we have a queen) as backup officially designated backup voting member. The Squire has no defined responsibilities; he just wanted the title. The First Lady is the RA's girlfriend. The President Emeritus (for life) is last year's president. The Master at Arms is the medievally renamed Intramural Chair. And the Jester is the medievally renamed Bathroom Chair (in charge of finding memes and comics to grace the stall doors so we don't have to stare at solid white walls).

You see. A few years ago, our president and vice president styled themselves the Dictator and Court Wizard. I mentioned that, and they ran with it.
    Haha, I don't quite know what this is for but it amuses me nonetheless. Sounds fun!
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I was hoping that at least one of those roles would have an official job description along the lines of "Be the [X]," just to emphasize the sheer...

bleh. I was going to say "superfluidity" as a tense of "superfluous" but that doesn't really work. What's that tense called, anyway? Or is that some other thing than a tense?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Haha, I don't quite know what this is for but it amuses me nonetheless. Sounds fun!
    Our dorm has a government, and each floor gets two elected representatives. Of course, many floors elect other local positions. We just happened to go overboard both with positions and titles.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I was hoping that at least one of those roles would have an official job description along the lines of "Be the [X]," just to emphasize the sheer...

bleh. I was going to say "superfluidity" as a tense of "superfluous" but that doesn't really work. What's that tense called, anyway? Or is that some other thing than a tense?
    Superfluousness. And it's a part-of-speech, not a tense; you're changing an adjective to a noun.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.