New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Xihirli is still Xihirli, but I'm going to join the Elenna wagon for reasons the rest of the wagon have explained better than I could. I am open to changing my vote if someone makes a good case for someone else, though.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Syldar View Post
    Elenna for hollow and hypocritical logic on her first day vote, voting for someone absent on the first day, and general acting suspicious. And for the various reasons others have given for her doom. Non sequitur, but I seriously hope that the fool was the guy taken last night. We need sorcerous power on our side.
    To clarify, I voted for Luizeu not so much because of the actual act of joining a bandwagon so much as the tone of his post struck me as off somehow. Basically, it was a hunch, which turned out to be wrong. Sorry, Luizeu.

Also, Cuthalion was definitely not absent on the first day.
    Spoiler: Cuthalion's Day 1 posts
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Logic. Nobody likes the second narrator.
    Yep. Being wolf all the time happens. When I first joined... eh.

Xihirli, for voting Luizeu. He needs experience, and keeps getting killed. I trust if he is wolf we'll be able to tell.
    Lynching inactives is not a great idea on Day 1, mostly because some people probably haven't realized the game has started, things like that. Either way.

On the other hand, FC, people with few posts are actively hurting town. Either they're a wolf floating under the radar or they're not helping town. So they should be disposed of at some point. You get more out of active players, they're more likely to flinch or provide information.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about my initial vote on thematthew? I had no idea he was going to be absent when I put that vote down.

@Pelican: Why no FoS on Xihirli?
    EDIT 2: As for my vote on Cuthalion, it was mostly a placeholder vote while I look through the thread again and see what happens today.
    EDIT 3: Given that there is "plenty of information to go on", who else do you suspect? Apparently I'm missing a lot of information/subtext, because I don't see much.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2015-09-18 at 11:17 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    EDIT 2: As for my vote on Cuthalion, it was mostly a placeholder vote while I look through the thread again and see what happens today.
    The problem is, your "placeholder vote" pushed the leading alternate wagon. You could have easily abstained from voting and say that you'll vote later if you really didn't want to vote just yet.
    From my point of view, your actions today and yesterday links you heavily with Ramsus so I'm very interested in seeing what you flip as since if you're a wolf, there's a very good chance Ramsus is too.

Apart from lynching Xihirli every single game until he learns to stop (un)intentionally helping the wolves with his antics, I'm prepared to entertain the notion of lynching either Syldar for his seer comment or Indarra for flying under the radar yesterday while providing bad logic today.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I prefer to have a vote in place in case something happens and I can't/don't get on GitP for the rest of the day. But in retrospect Cuthalion was a bad choice for that.
    I'm definitely willing to try an alternate wagon on Indarra.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2015-09-20 at 06:25 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #245

I prefer to have a vote in place in case something happens and I can't/don't get on GitP for the rest of the day. But in retrospect Cuthalion was a bad choice for that.
    Any reason you consider Indarra a better lynch than other choices?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Elenna, why exactly did you say that you don't think Ramsus is a wolf back when you hammered Luizeu? As far as I can tell, there was no real reason to suspect either of the two. And today you've claimed you voted for Luizeu because you thought his posts were suspicious, not because Ramsus felt Town-y. What's going on here?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #247

Well, many theories flying around here. I think I will point at Xihirli, not because of his Devil claim, he does this in every game and should be ignored. But what I don't like are complete nonsens claims of logical arguments.

Particularly this:
    I have more suspicion of the people who want Logic lynched right now. Necrochicken(flump?) voted for Logic twice, but Indarra came up with what I see to be bad reasoning. I don't want to set a precedent for killing people for bad reasoning, though, so I'll give Ramsus a birthday present and lynch Cuthalion the narrator.
    So, he's suspicious of people voting for Logic but points at someone who voted at Ramsus? He don't want to set a precendent for killing people for bad reasoning and points at someone who pointed at someone elses birthday???
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2015-09-19 at 05:37 AM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Cuthalion for voting for me on my birthday. I'll maybe change my vote later if I find logic compelling or see something interesting.

Edit: Murska is right though about the reason why we'd want to approach ties. Then again it's a mildly dangerous tactic any day except day 1 where the wolves have powers to mess with the lynch or might just decide it's in their benefit to make sure nobody gets lynched at all.
    I get if you're quiet because you're having fun on your (happy!) birthday, but could you now provide some reasoning, or tell town what you think about the current wagons? The first day you were much more aggressive and active. Although... I could see that as townie play trying to watch who jumps on the bandwagon you start. You've done that before. Hm.

Anyway, Elenna flinched. While I'd still like Ramsus to say things, I am very suspicious of Elenna. The reasons stated above, as well as that if Ramsus was a townie fishing for scum she took the bait. Could flip either way.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dibs on her flaming dagger!
    I am a Neutral Good Elf Druid/Wizard

: "Disintegrate. Gust of wind. Now can we please resume saving the world?"
    : "Your approval fills me with shame."
    Never, EVER pick up a duck in a dungeon!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Elenna seems like a decent target for today but I'm open to lynching Xihirli on principle. Claiming devil in multiple games is not funny, it's just plain anti-town. If he insists on doing it every game, I say we keep lynching him for it until he learns to stop doing it.
    What? That was hardly a claim at all. You can't ask me to cause NO chaos or confusion, that's unreasonable. I'm trying to stick it in the end of a post so you can ignore it, Belkar-style.

Anyway, the sheer volume of Elenna posts has convinced my gullible mind. Also I never really suspected Cuthalion and don't want to self-vote right now. Maybe later.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2015-09-20 at 04:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

What? That was hardly a claim at all. You can't ask me to cause NO chaos or confusion, that's unreasonable. I'm trying to stick it in the end of a post so you can ignore it, Belkar-style.

Anyway, the sheer volume of Elenna posts has convinced my gullible mind. Also I never really suspected Cuthalion and don't want to self-vote right now. Maybe later.
    Xihirli, this would get anyone else lynched.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Any reason you consider Indarra a better lynch than other choices?
    Because bad logic. I mentioned Indarra a few posts ago as someone whom I might vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Elenna, why exactly did you say that you don't think Ramsus is a wolf back when you hammered Luizeu? As far as I can tell, there was no real reason to suspect either of the two. And today you've claimed you voted for Luizeu because you thought his posts were suspicious, not because Ramsus felt Town-y. What's going on here?
    It was a combination not seeing any reasoning against Ramsus, and the fact that Luizeu's posts felt wolfy.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, Elenna flinched. While I'd still like Ramsus to say things, I am very suspicious of Elenna. The reasons stated above, as well as that if Ramsus was a townie fishing for scum she took the bait. Could flip either way.
    I flinched? At what? People keep saying this and I don't know what they mean...

- - - Updated - - -

If I was a wolf you'd think someone would have started a decent second bandwagon... Yes, I realize there are all sorts of arguments people can make against this, but it's something for people to consider.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Maleceptor
    Guest in the Playground

I flinched? At what? People keep saying this and I don't know what they mean...

- - - Updated - - -

If I was a wolf you'd think someone would have started a decent second bandwagon... Yes, I realize there are all sorts of arguments people can make against this, but it's something for people to consider.
    Yeah, I was kind of confused about flinching too. And as for your point about the second bandwagon, I think it's nigh impossible to start one considering: please correct me if i missed something! Or got something wrong.
    Elenna: Maleceptor, Pelican, FC, Syldar, John, Murska, Cuthalion, Xihirli,
    Murska: Thematthew,
    Cuthalion: Ramsus, Thephantom,
    Logic: necrochicken,
    Xihirli: Logic, Zar,
    Indarra: Elenna,
    Last edited by Maleceptor; 2015-09-19 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Fixed some errors

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Cuthalion, I just woke up and got to the forum right now. Sheesh.

I dunno about the Cuthalion wagon, it was mostly just a joke. It was pretty weird that went anywhere and we should look at everyone who voted for him closely, then again Cuthalion has been kind of aggressive this game (compared to other people I mean, not necessarily compared to his usual behavior which I don't really remember well enough to comment on) so if anyone that voted for him gave some kind of logical reasoning I'd feel less suspicious of them.

The Elenna wagon is like... I dunno, could be something or could be nothing. Not very strong certainly, but it's day 2 and some reasoning that's only a bit better than "because someone made a joke vote" is about as much as we can expect to have.

Zar Peter makes a decent point about Xihirli but Xihirli is..... *tries to describe and just tableflips instead*. I don't recall Logic's point at him being much more than "because he's still acting like a bonus wolf like he always does". Which isn't exactly the worst reason. It's just that it feels kind of hopeless to convince Xihirli to play in a way that isn't going to be anti-town regardless of what side or role he is. I'm pretty sure he enjoys the attention as much or more than winning or the fun one gets from playing to game. So we might actually be shooting ourselves in the foot by not just ignoring him entirely until he starts providing actual logical arguments. (I'd say we could make him the default day 1 lynch but that's super mean and doesn't really help the issue since he couldn't provide useful logic on day 1 even if he wanted to so it'd be a trap he could never break free of.)

thematthew pointing at Murska.... I dunno, Murska's always suspicious so who knows.

The other votes so far: *shrug*

So basically part of the reason I was so quiet yesterday (though I was pretty quiet day 1 too aside from talking to FC), aside from being busy, is that I don't have a ton to contribute right now because I don't think I see anything everyone else isn't seeing already.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Also, Cuthalion was definitely not absent on the first day.
    Spoiler: Cuthalion's Day 1 posts
    Show

EDIT: Unless you're talking about my initial vote on thematthew? I had no idea he was going to be absent when I put that vote down.

@Pelican: Why no FoS on Xihirli?
    EDIT 3: Given that there is "plenty of information to go on", who else do you suspect? Apparently I'm missing a lot of information/subtext, because I don't see much.
    He's saying you voted, on Day 1, for someone inactive.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

He's saying you voted, on Day 1, for someone inactive.
    Alright, that makes more sense. Although I'm not sure how I could have avoided voting for someone inactive, given that it was a random vote and it was only the beginning of day 1, so I had no way of knowing thematthew would be inactive.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

I like Bandwagons, so Elenna

Would say logic but vote would be wasted.
    Last edited by necrochicken; 2015-09-20 at 03:18 PM.
    Quoth the necrochicken, Nevermore

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

I believe the 'flinch' to be referring to the possible world where Elenna/Wolf decided to save Ramsus/Wolf by voting for Luizeu when the wagons were close and Ramsus was up for lynch.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

19. - Top - End - #259

Elenna bandwagon getting abit too big for my liking.
    Xihirli, why did you consider Cuth not suspicious but still bandwagoned anyways?
    Also your last post contained almost none of the chaos I was expecting, toning it down on your teammate's advice?
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2015-09-19 at 03:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by necrochicken View Post
    I like Bandwagons, so Elenna

Would say logic but vote would be wasted.
    Nope. This is not enough.

Why Logic? Why Elenna?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Elenna bandwagon getting abit too big for my liking.
    Xihirli, why did you consider Cuth not suspicious but still bandwagoned anyways?
    Also your last post contained almost none of the chaos I was expecting, toning it down on your teammate's advice?
    It was a joke the same way Ramsus's vote was a joke.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

The "it was a joke" excuse doesn't really work too well past the first person on a wagon (unless it's a really good joke).

23. - Top - End - #263

Hi sirs and madams. I'm currently suffering a chronic illness which seems to come back every time I shake it, so I can't guarantee any type of consistency.

At this point I feel like the Elanna wagon isn't really helpful without at least one counterwagon, if only for vote analysis. So without properly reading the thread, Cuthalion
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh good, I didn't miss end of day.

After rereading the posts, I'll point at Elenna. Mostly because the comment about FoS on xihirli seems like an attempt at misdirection more than anything else.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

I will be gone until next Sunday. Pointing this out just so y'all know. If you could wait that long so you could have proof if I'm town or wolf before you kill me, that'd be appreciated.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

It's day 2. There isn't too much to run on.
    I'm joining the votes against Elenna. Her responses to the bandwagon and questionings have seemed overall wolf to me.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    It's day 2. There isn't too much to run on.
    I'm joining the votes against Elenna. Her responses to the bandwagon and questionings have seemed overall wolf to me.
    In what way?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

For example:
    Elena seems to be saying Cuthalion was a bad place for a placeholder vote, but her placeholder vote doesn't have reason anyway, so how can it be bad choice?
    To clarify, I voted for Luizeu not so much because of the actual act of joining a bandwagon so much as the tone of his post struck me as off somehow. Basically, it was a hunch, which turned out to be wrong. Sorry, Luizeu.
    It was a combination not seeing any reasoning against Ramsus, and the fact that Luizeu's posts felt wolfy.
    Not sure if this is elaboration, but it also could be backtracking to gain ground.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Hi sirs and madams. I'm currently suffering a chronic illness which seems to come back every time I shake it, so I can't guarantee any type of consistency.
    Sorry to hear it. Get well soon.
    I dunno about the Cuthalion wagon, it was mostly just a joke. It was pretty weird that went anywhere and we should look at everyone who voted for him closely.
    Yeah, I guess, but it's not like it really went anywhere like the Elenna wagon did.

The Elenna wagon is like... I dunno, could be something or could be nothing. Not very strong certainly, but it's day 2 and some reasoning that's only a bit better than "because someone made a joke vote" is about as much as we can expect to have.
    It's not based on very strong evidence, but as you say, it isn't like we have a lot.

Zar Peter makes a decent point about Xihirli but Xihirli is..... *tries to describe and just tableflips instead*. I don't recall Logic's point at him being much more than "because he's still acting like a bonus wolf like he always does". Which isn't exactly the worst reason. It's just that it feels kind of hopeless to convince Xihirli to play in a way that isn't going to be anti-town regardless of what side or role he is. I'm pretty sure he enjoys the attention as much or more than winning or the fun one gets from playing to game. So we might actually be shooting ourselves in the foot by not just ignoring him entirely until he starts providing actual logical arguments. (I'd say we could make him the default day 1 lynch but that's super mean and doesn't really help the issue since he couldn't provide useful logic on day 1 even if he wanted to so it'd be a trap he could never break free of.)
    I would agree that it's not fair to make him the default day one kill, but the default day two or three? Maybe. I'm reluctant to make any vote based on meta-game though. It's one more night kill and one more scry by evil. But seriously, Xi? Tone it down. Let other people enjoy the game as they want to.

All that said, I'm going to vote Elenna. I can't see any good options, and if she flips wolf then we have an obvious target for tomorrow.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    For example:

Elena seems to be saying Cuthalion was a bad place for a placeholder vote, but her placeholder vote doesn't have reason anyway, so how can it be bad choice?

Not sure if this is elaboration, but it also could be backtracking to gain ground.
    It was a bad choice precisely because there was no reason behind it. I shouldn't have risked voting to lynch someone who I didn't think was a wolf.
    That was meant as elaboration.

This day is quickly becoming a single runaway wagon on which wolves can easily hide. Bad for later vote analysis. To the people voting for me: is there anyone else you find suspicious? Who are you going to vote for when I flip vanillager?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!