New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Belkar's death

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

wink Belkar's death

"The covenant between the gods is explicit-an attack on any attendee by an outside force is an attack on all."

"We'd be bound to defend her, or at least not interfere while Hel's allies killed you."

"Maybe even in ways we couldn't fix!"
    We all know how quick-to-kill Belkar is, and he especially hates vampires. He could kill High Priestess of Hel and actually save the world as a bonus.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Belkar's death

I have a few problems with this.

- Belkar is no idiot. Acting this way would be a deliberate sacrifice. Not going to happen. Especially because Belkar wouldn't be there afterwards to try and destroy the fHPoH
    - The way the story is going, next step for the order is to go in Dwarven Lands so they can protect the elder and stuff. It would become useless if Belkar kills the priestess and I don't think this will be replaced by a rush for the last gate.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

i really don't see the last book of oots without belkar. i can't think he will die before the last third of the last book.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

4. - Top - End - #4

I seriously doubt that this current plot is going to be resolved by Belkar killing the high priest, meaning they can just take their time going after Durkon. Pretty much any theory that negates the entire rest of this book's plot is probably wrong. Also, I doubt Belkar can kill a vampire before a dozen clerics kill him. His will save is atrocious.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    Belkar is no idiot. Acting this way would be a deliberate sacrifice. Not going to happen.
    Was Belkar around for this explanation? He might not know about the "deliberate sacrifice" part.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by hymie View Post
    Was Belkar around for this explanation? He might not know about the "deliberate sacrifice" part.
    Well, I could see that leading to his demise... IF he ever enters the godsmoot circle and IF he doesn't ask if its okay to kill her but just jumps at her... And he couldn't be revived after that, the priests will make sure. Yeah, it's plausible.

But then, the order would be two members short, probably for the rest of the book, and I can't see funny, disfunctional characters (owned by Rich!) who could replace them!

Well, there is Bandana. When she goes along with "oh, let's just travel to the dwarven lands, then continue to Kraagor's", I can definitely see Andi's long face. The crew goes into mutiny, dumps Bandana together with the order... But that twist is entirely too serious and too predictable. Belkar, how despicable he is, has one thing in his favor, he is hilarious.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Belkar is not going to die here for one basic reason:

Roy is going to meet Belkar on the way out and tell him that he was correct. Roy is also going to mention that the guy Belkar really wants to stab is now further North and they need to get going.
    FTDWIR

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    Belkar is no idiot.
    citation needed

- The way the story is going, next step for the order is to go in Dwarven Lands so they can protect the elder and stuff. It would become useless if Belkar kills the priestess and I don't think this will be replaced by a rush for the last gate.
    They still need to stop these vampires and recover Durkon's body.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

I know you don't agree with this, but I'll have to say it anyway: Belkar isn't going to die
    Spoiler: Spoilers
    Show
    until he saves Hinjo's life again

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    citation needed
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0881.html
    "Really? The premature villain gloat? I'm a failure as a parent." - Loki, OotS #1012
    "The good news is that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing." - Blackwing, OotS #1020

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kareasint View Post
    Belkar is not going to die here for one basic reason:

Roy is going to meet Belkar on the way out and tell him that he was correct.
    It might make me a bad person, but I'm looking forward To Belkar repeatedly telling Roy, "I told you so".

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    I know you don't agree with this, but I'll have to say it anyway: Belkar isn't going to die
    Spoiler: Spoilers
    Show
    until he saves Hinjo's life again
    Well, I mean, technically saving the world would save Hinjo's life wouldn't it?

.... I miss Hinjo. He was always one of my favourite side characters.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    Yeah, it's plausible.

But then, the order would be two members short, probably for the rest of the book, and I can't see funny, disfunctional characters (owned by Rich!) who could replace them.
    Cue Grubwiggler. Belkar has been prophesied to draw his last breath some time soon- which does suggest an unsurrectable death on the cards. Happily, the Order know a guy...