New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

I never created a Gumroad account, when I bought the PDFs I just downloaded them from the links in the emails. This time clicking the button in the email led to a page that wanted me to log in, which I had to create an account to do, and it shows my library is empty because I haven't bought anything yet.

Makes sense on Gumroad's part since it's a new account— I was hoping maybe the link in the email would take me to a page where the files were to be found even in a new account, but I guess not.

Is it possible to send out an email with direct download links, like with the original release and the v2 corrections?

THE GOODNIGHT

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by The Goodnight View Post
    Is it possible to send out an email with direct download links, like with the original release and the v2 corrections
    Just use the links from the emails Rich sent a few days ago. They now lead to version 3 of the files.
    That's what I did, not having bothered to create an account.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Good News/Bad News:

Good News: The Table of Contents (bookmarks) made it in this time.
    Bad News: Still no watermark on the cover of either one.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-10-22 at 02:32 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Good News/Bad News:

Good News: The Table of Contents (bookmarks) made it in this time.
    Bad News: Still no watermark on the cover of either one.
    I can confirm this.

Also, I'm very glad that the issue with the lines is solved, thanks for that.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    Just use the links from the emails Rich sent a few days ago. They now lead to version 3 of the files.
    That's what I did, not having bothered to create an account.
    Since I didn't try with the links first, I decided to make an account with the same e-mail address I used to buy them. I hoped they'd appear automatically in my library, but they didn't. So I opened the links and it automatically downloads the newest version. I found out also that there's a button to add them to your library.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

OK, here's all the latest:

1. When I sent out the latest email, I did not realize it was even possible for anyone to have bought the PDFs without creating an account. Turns out, it was! So a lot of people have been emailing me asking how they can get their updates.
    2. Relatedly, some readers didn't realize that they didn't make an account when they bought the PDFs—they thought that by putting in their email or logging in with Facebook or Twitter, they were making an account—and have contacted me asking why Gumroad doesn't have record of their account. The reason is that technically, you don't have a Gumroad account. Weird, I know.
    3. In either situation, if you can't log in to an account, you can directly download the new files using the link I sent in the previous email from October 19th—the one that was originally for v2. It now leads to v3, because v2 has been deleted. So you can just use that.
    4. If you deleted or never got that email, you can choose to create a new Gumroad account using the same email address you've been getting my emails at. Once you have that account, you should be able to go to your Library page and add your previous purchases to your Library. After you do that, you can download them again.
    5. Unfortunately, I can't send out another direct download email like I did on Oct 19 because apparently that functionality is only available at the moment I update the file. Once I click off that page, it won't let me send the same kind of email; all I can do is link to your Library, like I did in yesterday's message. So I can't resend the easy-to-use download link this time, but I know now that this is what I need to do in the future when issuing an update.
    6. The Gumroad Support answer to my question about the watermark was the following:

Hm, that’s strange. It may be that the PDF doesn’t jive well with our software. If you try to re-save it with Preview.app or another piece of software, that normally works.

Best,

Sahil - founder/CEO of Gumroad.
      This is profoundly unhelpful, but also probably as good an answer as I am going to get, given that it came from the CEO. Since the watermark issue is more of a problem for me than for you, I guess that's the end of it. It seems to still be working on new purchases, so I'll just leave it at that. So please, don't repost the watermark-less files on sharing sites, OK? Thanks.

That's everything I know at the moment. If you still can't get the files, either post about it here or email the productsupport email and I'll try to help you out.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thank you for all the extra effort you've put in here... It is appreciated.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    [*]The Gumroad Support answer to my question about the watermark was the following:

This is profoundly unhelpful, but also probably as good an answer as I am going to get, given that it came from the CEO. Since the watermark issue is more of a problem for me than for you, I guess that's the end of it. It seems to still be working on new purchases, so I'll just leave it at that. So please, don't repost the watermark-less files on sharing sites, OK? Thanks.[/list]
    I don't think new purchases have a watermark. At least I didn't get a watermarked file for OtOoPCs which I bought shortly after the file was updated to v2.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not sure what's going on here.... I received an email update that the PDF's have been updated, and I am supposed to be able to download them from my library, but when I log into Gumroad, it says I haven't purchased anything yet.

[edit]

Okay... fortunately I still had the original email, and the link apparently directs me to the updated version of the file.
    Last edited by xyzchyx; 2015-10-25 at 09:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

I hope the other books are coming soon!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

I would buy the book, but I don't have the money for it right now
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

cool Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

I got both digital books yesterday, and everything looks good with version 3. The watermark is there, and the books are in my library on Gumroad-I made sure I created an account before purchasing.

The art looks fantastic. Being able to zoom in really close is actually pretty cool. Nice work!
    'Romanes eunt domus? People called Romanes they go the 'ouse?!'

13. - Top - End - #283
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Finally can afford to partake of these, and I'm reading your "10 years later" commentary, and I really like it. Take the part where you say you really appreciate that the characters all started out with strong, distinct voices, even in terms of word choice: I think one comic where it shows is when everyone goes invisible, you can actually tell who's saying what (except one-word responses), which I really appreciated at the time and still do.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Finally can afford to partake of these, and I'm reading your "10 years later" commentary, and I really like it. Take the part where you say you really appreciate that the characters all started out with strong, distinct voices, even in terms of word choice: I think one comic where it shows is when everyone goes invisible, you can actually tell who's saying what (except one-word responses), which I really appreciated at the time and still do.
    That could be a fun writing exercise for any writer. If you just write out the lines of a conversation without telling who's saying what, can you still make out who's talking?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thumbs up Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

Bought both today, since I didn't get them for Christmas (not that I really expected...)!

I suggest the Gumroad links be added to the "Shop" page, since I only was able to find them through the forum or news pages.
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural one.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Ookoodook has limited qty of Scratch & Dent copies of OOTS books at reduced $$, if you don't mind some cover dmg:
    When do the scratch & dent versions of the PDFs go on sale?
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2016-01-12 at 11:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Thumbs up Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

Whoo! Digital versions.

I'd always wanted to support this site but balked at the cost of shipping stuff to the UK

I'd love to see the rest of the books become available, but even if you decide not to, at least I've had an opportunity to make a small donation as thanks for a great comic.