New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

Superb news, and I hope all the books will be available digitally!

A note about Gumroad, though: It took me five attempts before it would allow me to proceed to Paypal payment. For whatever reason, retrying the exact same way changes the checkout flow, and eventually it did succeed, but not exactly the best user experience.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

I love these "instabuy" products.
    God may not play dice with the universe, but I do.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

I will echo others and say awesome on the PDF's! Probably not actually buying these as I have them in paper but look forward to more in the future.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sigh. I really wish I could go ahead and buy these right now, but with my computer on the verge of death, I'm not sure I want to get anything that I'd just have to immediately save to a back up drive.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

After read OotS for a decade+, I registered specifically to say THANK YOU! Shipping costs and lack of room have made physical copies prohibitive for me, so I instabought these. I hope they sell well enough for the others to be added, too.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Sigh. I really wish I could go ahead and buy these right now, but with my computer on the verge of death, I'm not sure I want to get anything that I'd just have to immediately save to a back up drive.
    You can access the email link multiple times. You wouldnt even need to back it up; just redownload it if you get a new compy. Or, if it's a desktop (which is vastly superior), just take the hard drive and put it in the new one.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #127
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    You should be saving stuff you want to keep to a backup drive *anyway*--even more so if your PC is on the verge of death!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

This is really awesome for me since I've wanted to read "On the origins of PCs" for a long while now. got it and read it in a day :P

Please bring the others! I will definitely buy all of them!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I will almost certainly buy what you have to sell Giant. Over the years, I can say that I appreciate your work and the time I have spent with you and your creations has been spent well.

Gimme.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Registered just to say thanks ofr releasing them as PDF.
    Not only I don´t want to buy anything to take space in my room anymore, I didn´t want to pay international shipping and worry if the books would get here or not.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I used to have an account somewhere...years ago. With a username and email I'll never remember.

So I created my account again just to say that these PDFs are bliss. The second I saw them for sale I knew they would soon grace my iPad's memory.

Thank you!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

I hope they're doing well enough to justify more (fingers crossed!).
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Digital PDF versions of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, On the Origin of PCs now on sale!

as so many other, i wished to buy them for a long time, but the shipping cost was the reason i never did (a pain where it can be more expensive than the book itself...)

i really love your comics and I'm happy you gave people outside USA a chance to get read them :)
    (bought the first two and hope the rest will be available one day ^^ )
    Last edited by ArnaudBo; 2015-09-04 at 10:28 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    I hope they're doing well enough to justify more (fingers crossed!).
    They're doing OK. There was a huge burst of sales over the weekend, and then a steady drop during the week. I suspect at this point I've already gotten about 90% of the sales I will get from them this year, with the remaining 10% trickling in over the next few weeks as people discover the announcement they missed or get access to funds they didn't have when I first put them on sale.

They're doing well enough that I will probably put the next book in the series on my To-Do list, but not well enough for me to race to get it done quickly.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

They're doing OK. There was a huge burst of sales over the weekend, and then a steady drop during the week. I suspect at this point I've already gotten about 90% of the sales I will get from them this year, with the remaining 10% trickling in over the next few weeks as people discover the announcement they missed or get access to funds they didn't have when I first put them on sale.

They're doing well enough that I will probably put the next book in the series on my To-Do list, but not well enough for me to race to get it done quickly.
    Well, I was all gung-ho about PDF books at first, but now that they've come out I'm very much on the fence. I have every book except DCF (my friend borrowed and lost it), so I'm undecided between "Hey, save some money and some trees" and "But then my book collection won't be complete".

As of right now I'm going to wait and see if the rest of the books come out on PDF, and if they do I'll buy them all and sell my print books.

I'm sure there are others who have similar reasoning to my own. AN all-pdf collection is cool, and an all-book collection is cool; but to me a combination of the two is highly unsatisfying. Maybe that's normal, or maybe I'm just being overly obsessive compulsive.
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2015-09-04 at 12:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't want to buy them until the whole series is out in PDF, but I can't really count them or make decisions based on them. They could number a dozen or a thousand, and there's no way to tell until the last book comes out.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't want to buy them until the whole series is out in PDF, but I can't really count them or make decisions based on them. They could number a dozen or a thousand, and there's no way to tell until the last book comes out.
    Is there any way for you to tell if any significant chunk of the sales come from, say, international folks? I assume not, but I haven't actually sold anything through the internet on any scale, so there may be information available that I wouldn't know about.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Is there any way for you to tell if any significant chunk of the sales come from, say, international folks? I assume not, but I haven't actually sold anything through the internet on any scale, so there may be information available that I wouldn't know about.
    Credit card payments come with address information.

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Yes, I can tell. Right now, it's at 43% US orders, 6% Canadian orders, and the rest overseas. This is a little bit stronger overseas sales when compared to the Kickstarter (which ran about 40% overseas, if memory serves) or CafePress. There's no way to compare it to regular Ookoodook or book store sales, though, since I don't have regional breakdowns for either of those channels.

Quote Originally Posted by jere7my View Post
    Credit card payments come with address information.
    Uh, no, addresses are not passed along to me. All I get is an indication of what country orders come from and, for the US and certain other countries, what state.
    Rich Burlew

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    I have every book except DCF (my friend borrowed and lost it)
    I know that feels, bro. That exact same feels. Except I can't remember which friend.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Uh, no, addresses are not passed along to me. All I get is an indication of what country orders come from and, for the US and certain other countries, what state.
    Our system does provide billing address, but I meant that at minimum it should come with country ID and/or a zip code for verification.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jere7my View Post
    Our system does provide billing address, but I meant that at minimum it should come with country ID and/or a zip code for verification.
    What Rich means is that the sales go through a third party vendor, and they are the ones who receive more detailed information like that.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

So glad you've done this - having come late to the party I didn't think I'd ever see these early books.

Snapped up with thanks. ( overseas customer )
    Last edited by Effluvium; 2015-09-04 at 06:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I live in France and I had bought all existing books on the Kickstarter at the time (and then have kept up with the last one), and I would like to say that I have bought both PDFs - as I would like to see the whole series on PDF eventually.

For me, the added commentary alone was worth the price. (And the fact that these are vector graphics certainly does not hurt)

Thank you!

Here's to hoping it will be worth your while to publish the whole series digitally, eventually.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Count me in the 10%, but in the category of procrastinator.

That all changed, though, about 5 minutes ago. Looking good!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Like I said earlier, I bought the 2 digital ones already, despite owning Dungeon Crawling fools.

but I really really really want to read the others, especially the team evil prequel and anything after "No Cure for the palading blues". missing out on all those extra strips is really frustrating, and finding physical copies of the books is apparently impossible here :(

27. - Top - End - #147
    Halfling in the Playground

Despite having the complete collection in print (and thanks to the KS some even double with awesome doodles) I bought both pdf. Once of course to further support OotS but DCF mostly also for the added commentary. I'll certainly continue to buy the print versions (despite the horrendous shipping costs) of forthcoming books but I am also interested in the pdf versions as long as they come at a discount.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Despite having the complete collection in print (and thanks to the KS some even double with awesome doodles) I bought both pdf. Once of course to further support OotS but DCF mostly also for the added commentary. I'll certainly continue to buy the print versions (despite the horrendous shipping costs) of forthcoming books but I am also interested in the pdf versions as long as they come at a discount.
    Since you mention a potential discount again, I checked the other day and Gumroad does offer discount services that the seller can set in either a currency amount or a % (up to making it completely free to the buyer). The issue is that the discount code seems to be the same for everyone, which would require a lot of trust that nobody would share it with someone who didn't purchase the physical book.

Unless you meant "at a discount" as in "cheaper than the printed books", in which case I don't see that being a problem.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

For what it's worth, I'm one of those people. Or, rather: I already bought Origins, and I will surely buy Start of Darkness as soon as it's out in PDF, but as for the "normal" books I'd rather wait until I can reasonably expect that the whole series will be made available (meaning that I will not wait for the last book to be published, but the day you announce that you will, sometime in the future, convert all books to PDF, I will start buying those which are already available. As a Kickstarter backer, I know I can fully trust your word when it comes to fulfilling promises )

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thanks I was finally able to get the books, I was one who prefer the digital download as the cost for shipment and customs is higher than the book itself, that always prevented to by the physical form. Thanks for making this possible and I sincerely hope that this goes well so you can put the others there as well so I can get them.