New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 90

1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 90

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

"And you'll always have a place here," Reelshka assures her. "I don't know how much my advice is worth, but I think finding love is less about looking for it and more about not being afraid to seize an opportunity when it comes."

[Outside Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang is grinning and squealing as if someone told him there'll be two Thanksmases this year.

"Look, mom! I'm flyin'!" he cries out to Reelshka, who smiles and nods.

"You certainly are, dear. Be careful up there."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Ironoak Cabin

Natalie nods at the advice, and logs it in. "I'll certainly keep that in mind, Reelshka. Thank you."

The Forest- Headed Towards GLoG

They're nearly there; the trees thin out just ahead.

"Whereas my upbringing was fairly luxurious, with a nice house, all the toys I'd care for and a few more I wouldn't, and plenty of food and parental attention." But she considered it a 'normal' upbringing for a very long time, because it's what she experienced. She knows now how lucky she was, though.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Asher giggles as he flies alongside Tuskfang. Soon after, he joins Tuskfang on the tile, with Ruth widening it so it'll fit them better. The little angel then throws his free arm around his new friend, with his other hand clutching flutter.

"No worries, dear Reelshka. They'll be safe. I can keep this going for as long as I wish, and there are safety measures against them falling off." She wouldn't mind taking them on a small ride, but Reelshka might protest.

[The Forest- Headed Towards GLoG]

"That explains a bit, fancypants."
    Nisha smiles, and there's no hint of hostility in her voice. "How about the campgrounds? How are the people there?"

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Sophie looks up to see a person she doesn't know addressing her. The catgirl is vaguely familiar, but not quite.

"Hello... I'm sorry, but I think you have me at a disadvantage."
    Main Cabin

Oh. Sophie doesn't know her. Wait, how many people at GLoG did? Tobias and Julie and... hmmm...

Well, might as well go for it and make things exceptionally interesting. It wouldn't hurt if she decided to moonlight as Invincibelle again some day.

Reina looks surprised followed by playing up being a little flustered. "Oh. Sorry. I was a refugee here a long time ago. I wasn't here that long and there were so many, I'm not surprised I didn't make an impact. Hah. Silly me." She looks so embarrassed now. She offers her hand as recompense. "I'm Cerridwen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

Reelshka nods and goes back to watching Tuskfang, who is clumsily chasing Bouncy around the grass. Sounds like the end of the scene, unless Natalie has something to add.

Tuskfang hugs Asher, grinning widely. This is the most fun he's had in a while. He'd never flown before.

"Well, they're having so much fun... I couldn't possibly make you stop now, could I?" Reelshka asks jokingly.

[Main Cabin]

"Welcome to GLoG, then, Cerridwen," Sophie says. Reina's deception appears to have fooled her. She shakes the other woman's hand. "What brings you back here?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

Toby's youngest child is hiding behind the building, smoking a cigarette to clear disturbed thoughts, when the visitor's presence registers. Rather than risk being caught looking through a window, a quick psychic peek is safer, isn't it?

The details of Reina's mind aside, the shape of her is a catalyst and a change occurs. The kid cries out in surprise and stumbles away, blindly rushing around the building and towards the center of camp.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

Ruth simply smiles mischievously. "We could all travel in that manner, if you so wished? And then you can tell me more about our new home." She smiles at Asher, who's really enjoying himself right now."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Ironoak Cabin

That seems like a fitting end to the scene for me, too.

The Forest, Edge of the Campsite

"They're all nice, or at least polite. They're not all human, but they are all good people. Except maybe some of those looking for forgiveness. GLoG caters to those looking for atonement for past sins, but mostly it serves as a safe haven for refugees, kinda like me, but I'm unusual. Most refugees are from the Nexus, when a crisis hits one of the major cities or causes sufficient disruption in the bits between them. There aren't many looking for redemption at the moment, to my knowledge at least. There's a clinic, a medical lab I don't go near, a big old lake with an island in it, and lots of cabins. I stay in the clinic, with the camp's doctor's daughter, Jamie." Since Natalie's a refugee from off-world, as Nisha might have gathered from their conversation near the abandoned cabins.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

[The Forest- Headed Towards GLoG]

"I could use a safe haven. I can even help around with protection. My dome can cover the entire camp if I wanted it to." Nisha explains, and her tone of voice indicates she's warming up to Natalie more.

"Jamie... could we all stay together, or something? I'd rather be beside someone I knew." Especially if that 'someone' is Natalie.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Welcome to GLoG, then, Cerridwen," Sophie says. Reina's deception appears to have fooled her. She shakes the other woman's hand. "What brings you back here?"
    [Main Cabin]

It's mostly true! Kind of. In a certain light. If you squint and close one eye.

"Thank you." After shaking, she withdraws her hand and rocks on the back of her feet nervously. "Actually I've been spending the last few years studying therapy. And I've been wanting to open an office. GLoG was the first place I thought of. I realize it overlaps a little with what you already do here, but that's a good thing right?" Cerridwen looks at Sophie hopefully.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post

Ruth simply smiles mischievously. "We could all travel in that manner, if you so wished? And then you can tell me more about our new home." She smiles at Asher, who's really enjoying himself right now."
    Reelshka shrugs.

"Why not? That'd certainly be something new."

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Main Cabin]

It's mostly true! Kind of. In a certain light. If you squint and close one eye.

"Thank you." After shaking, she withdraws her hand and rocks on the back of her feet nervously. "Actually I've been spending the last few years studying therapy. And I've been wanting to open an office. GLoG was the first place I thought of. I realize it overlaps a little with what you already do here, but that's a good thing right?" Cerridwen looks at Sophie hopefully.
    "Of course. We could always use more qualified people to help around here." She glances at the window. Was that someone crying out? "What sort of therapy have you studied?"

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

Outskirts of the Forest

"I don't know how appreciated that would be. There's a family of halflings that make sure everyone here's fed, and they grow most of their own vegetables, and there's several gardens. A dome of shadow over the camp site for too long might kill the plants." And it might prove a little depressing to those living underneath. Natalie sits down on a nearby log and takes off her shoes, wrapping them in a plastic bag and putting them in her rucksack.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

"Let us all stand still for a moment." After doing as bid, the tile platform is placed on the ground and widened. Ruth then sits beside Asher, motioning to Reelshka to sit beside her own son.

"Let's take to the skies, everyone!" The platform begins to rise, and soon all four are floating about the campgrounds. "The sound of the wind in your ears is a lovely one. Tell me if this is uncomfortable for you, friend.

[Forest Outskirts]

"I meant as a means of protection, Natalie. For when things do get bad." Nisha folds her arms as Natalie takes off her shoes. She can't hide her fascination with Natalie's pretty legs, and she feels an urge to touch them. Fortunately, she stifles the urge, content with just looking.

"What's in the rucksack?"

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Far Above...]

It will be visible miles away. A enormous flying temple structure coming from Inside and seemingly heading straight towards GloG. Or at least it looks so at a distance. As the structure comes closer it seems to simply be aiming to pass right by the organization. It's also clear that the entire temple is surrounded by a host of terrifying flying creatures. But neither they seem to be interested in attacking. If no one attempts to interact with it, it will hopefully just fly by...

15. - Top - End - #345

Cherry Cabin

Marley climbs to the roof of his cabin, wanting to check on the weather vane he put up a while back. He fiddles with it a bit.

"Why does this things always....."

And now he spots the big flying temple building, having lost his train of thought completely.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Ah. Well it wouldn't just be for here. I mean it'd be located here, but anyone could come. Which... I guess is kinda what already happens. I feel I'm explaining poorly." Cerridwen rubs the back of her head. She really was overthinking it. The point was probably pretty clear earlier already.

"I mostly studied behavioral and humanistic therapy," Cerridwen says, glancing the direction Sophie glanced and moving towards the window to check it out. It seemed a quiet shout of what she had initially presumed to be a child playing, but now isn't quite so sure. "There was one person who tried to convince me to study massage therapy, but he was pretty blatantly just trying to get in my pants."

Glancing out the window, she didn't see who screamed, but she did see the probable cause of the scream. ".... I'll take it that isn't a new addition to the camp?" Pointing out at the temple, Cerridwen drew attention to the approaching mass.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"...no, it isn't," Sophie says, frowning. "It doesn't look like it's heading for us, but it means trouble."

Reelshka's ears twitch as the platform floats. Tuskfang giggles merrily.

"I've actually flown before," she says. Her player just forgot it. "So it's not entirely new to me."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Oh. You'd better go make sure everyone outside is ok. I'll stay here, just in case." If Cerridwen can get Sophie to leave the room, she can duck somewhere and change into her Invincibelle costume so she can fly up there and check it out. It might not be particularly great at disguising she's Invincibelle from Sophie, but the costume does a remarkable job covering up how pink she becomes, so it'd at least keep her relation to Reinholdt more of a secret. Besides, you can't go into a potentially hazardous situation like this without the superhero costume.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Hmm. It might be best. The spirits are keeping an eye, but..." Sophie wishes she had a weapon on her. Then again, it's not like it'd do anything against whatever's up there. She steps outside to survey the camp, activating her Second Sight just in case. She's more attentive than she looks, though, so she'll probably notice "Invincibelle" once she flies away.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-12-02 at 09:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin -> Temple of Demons]

Yeah, Cerridwen can't really do much about that. Any attempted 'left my refrigerator running' excuses wouldn't have helped either. She knows Invincibelle will be spotted. Secret identities are such a pain.

All the same, soon she's dressed in form fitting blue spandex that covers pretty much everything. No cape, sadly, as cool looking as capes are. A small utility belt and an emblem of bell on her back are the two other major features of her otherwise fairly normal costume. She really should hire a good fashion designer.

Regardless, Invincibelle takes to the air, flying towards the enormous building with its host of terrifying flapping fiends. She makes an attempt to wave to show she's friendly. "Hello there! Nice, uh, building." She shouts, because she doesn't feel like flying right up into the face of a horde.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hadriana stops running in the middle of the campgrounds, staring up at the flying structure in wonder. I don't remember if Sophie's Second Sight has ever been trained on the Jungian Psychic before, but there is a lot of weirdness going on there that is pretty par for the course. The girl thing is new, though. Huh.

Toby Druid stands atop his Medical Laboratory, cackling to himself in paranoid justification. Storm clouds gather overhead with a rapidity that looks like a time-lapse video as he congratulates himself on his mad foresight. However many years of peace were surely an anomaly, it was inevitable that the League would be attacked again. There are much fewer combat ready heroes around today than in years past, but Toby always thought he was the equal of all of them combined anyway. No more taken children.

METIS: Activate Argus Protocol!

Argus Protocol activated.
    Status check!
    Power: Green
    Processors: Green
    Connections: Green
    Phased Arrays: Green
    Visuals: Red
    Stand by. Diagnosing.
    Error detected. Resolving.
    Crystal lens A43b90-71.33 corrected.

A hologram of a grey-haired woman pops up on the roof next to the Medical Director. She takes off her glasses and cleans them on her tie before gesturing to another hologram flickering to life.
    Visuals: Green
    Synchronicity: Green
    Name-taking... Why is this on my checklist?

It is an essential system in our operations, METIS! Do we have a go or no-go?
    METIS sighs, a theatrical gesture for an AI. Name-taking and ass-kicking: Green
    All systems are go. You have Command and Control. Notifying all subroutines, substations, and relevant personnel that SEA FORESTER is in effect.

I have Command and Control. Let's get a look at our visitors.

An "active magically scanned array" turns on and steers the radiation pattern in the direction of the temple in the attempt to get an accurate radar picture of all the flying objects currently in that part of the sky. The system can only track a hundred targets at any given time, but should get a very accurate picture of where those targets are. Unless the creatures are resistant to radar or otherwise stealthed, this picture will be projected as a three dimensional hologram in front of Toby and METIS. This is not an attack, just an information gathering tool. Hopefully they'll be able to see that everything is just going to pass GLoG by without adopting a more threatening posture. And, should that hope fail, at least the defense will be made easier.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

22. - Top - End - #352

[Main Cabin -> Temple of Demons]

As Invincibelle approaches one of the creatures turns to her mid-flight. It's body is draped in feathers in all the colors of the rainbow, almost like a colorful peacock. Behind the feathers however it simply appear to be skin and bones with empty eye-sockets that seem to resemblance ones of a human skeleton. It's beak and talons are clearly avian though even if the beak is filled with sharp teeth and the talons seem to have a thin layer of skin draped between them like a frog's. It's empty eyes are most peculiar however as it stares at her she can see pictures taking form, like as if she had been looking in a mirror. All that is reflected however is the creature's own face.

After giving her a glance the creature looks away and simply flies on. Apparently not considering Invincibelle particularly interesting to look at or communicate with.

Meanwhile in Tobias Laboratory the radar will accurately be able to holographically project about three dozens of creatures swarming around the temple in a irregular manner without any visible pattern to it. As for the temple itself it seems to be largely solid but the radar can detect a large opening right underneath it. There are also corridors leading through the building but their layout seems rather nonsensical as they're not all connected to one another, often ending up in dead ends.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-12-02 at 03:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of the Forest

"Well, maybe. Let others know, because there's other defences and defenders, and I'd hate for somebody with light-powers to mistake your shadow-bubble for something intended specifically to counteract them and mistake you for an enemy." Because that'd be bad, and unpleasant all round.

I think this should probably be earlier in continuity to the flying temple overhead.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

Asher joins Tuskfang in giggling ever so happily, leaning his head towards his friend.

"Still, it seems to me it's not an every day thing around these parts." Ruth muses.

[Edge of the Forest]

((Definitely earlier in continuity.))

Nisha nods once, then sits beside Natalie, slightly closer than is normal. "You have nice legs, 'Talie. Can I... can I touch 'em?"

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of the Forest

Natalie frowns in confusion. "Thank you for the compliment, but that's a strange thing to ask. I've never been asked it before." Though if Nisha were to go ahead and reach for one, she won't retract her leg.

26. - Top - End - #356

Cherry Cabin

Marley pulls himself all the way onto the roof of his cabin and looks towards the flying temple and its creatures. Well, they don't show signs of attacking, but if he wants to have some defense, better opens those now before they do that. Marley carefully walks to a spot on the roof, where he took sometime back in the summer to make a hatch. He flips it open, revealing a row of fireworks.

"Not the best defense, but the best I could make."

He pulls out a match, and then turns his attention back to the skies, watching for the first sign of an attack.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Airspace

Invincibelle shudders as a chill runs down her back. These things were super creepy. Not the creepiest, because clowns existed, but they were definitely working on it.

"Right. Ok, sooooo, a lot of people are wondering where you plan on landing. I wouldn't ask normally, but you know how the masses get when there's a chance of property value depreciation. Could you tell me where you're going?" Thus far they looked like they were just going to pass by... but that's also what bombing runs looked like, right? Granted, they looked more of an invade and raid type of group if anything. So maybe they really were just going to pass by.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

[Edge of the Forest]

Nisha does reach for one of her legs, feeling it with her soft hands. "I can do foot massages. Wanna see?"

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, down by the lake...

Jamie's here. She's working on a painting of the passing Doomfortress, and has a set of headphones on from which music can faintly be heard.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

"That depends. I don't see this sort of thing often, but one of my niece's friends here has a... windblade, as she calls it. A device that hovers above ground, just like this cloud. I don't think it can carry more than one person, though," Reelshka says.

[By the Lake]

Sophie looks up to see... someone flying out of the main cabin. Just a former refugee, indeed. She'll talk to Cerridwen about it once the situation is over. Whatever the "situation" may be. For now, she walks over to Jamie.

"A curious choice of a model," she remarks. She's not the least surprised to see her out in the open, of course.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-12-04 at 07:55 AM.