New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 90

1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 90

[Infirmary]

"As long as it get results, then. Very well, I shall use both methods interchangeably." Ruth mutters to herself, nodding.

"I shall like to know the history of The League, if it's not too much trouble."
    She responds after listening to Sophie talk.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"The way I've heard it told, it was founded by a group of people as a place for redeeming evildoers. I've never met any of the people who did it... they were gone by the time I appeared here. It was originally in a different place, but it was destroyed in a war. They moved to this campsite and continued their work. Although it was extended to charity as well," Sophie explains. "They were already based here when I came."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Ruth smiles brightly. "A place for redeeming evildoers. I happen to specialize in that. I suppose there is a section here dedicated to that?" Perhaps she could visit the area and offer her services, as well.

She chuckles to herself. The things mortals are capable of achieving with what they have...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Salix's Willow]

"That just means she's nice but doesn't always get along with people," Brinika explains. Then, the rabbits come out. She takes Asher's hand to make sure he doesn't get overexcited again and scare them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Salix's Willow

"Well, I can't say I've seen any, but I've smelt a few around, when I've been swimming in the lake. They don't stay for long, from what I've been able to determine." Her otter sense of smell is slightly better than that of her human sense of smell, and works underwater as well. It's not as good as a fox's, however.

I also just read on Wikipedia that the Eurasian otter will, in winter and colder climates, prey on small mammals. Perhaps the rabbits are more nervous of her than she realises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Salix's Willow]

Asher notices that the rabbits don't like him looking at them, so he looks up at Brinika instead when she takes his hand, stopping him from playing his little harp.

"I c-can h-help her." He responds, smiling up at Brinika. Salix's scent is in the air, and it smells earthy and nice.

Deciding to do just that, he gets up slowly so the rabbits don't run away and walks up to Salix once more, looking at her and reaching up to take her hand.
    [Salix's Willow]

"Uh..." Salix's hand is taken and she looks a bit perplexed as to what to do in this situation. "I guess they're feeling better about coming out now." She says lamely. Though not totally comfortable. Something smells like predator nearby, so they won't stray far from their warrens entrances.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"The way it works is that when someone who needs this kind of help arrives, we assign them to a member," Sophie says. "For individual guidance. They can seek help from others too, of course. I've focused on a particular person for a while now, but also gave advice to others."

[Salix's Willow]

"Do they have names?" Brinika asks. "I know they'll run away if we get closer, but it's fun to watch them."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-09-29 at 01:02 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I see." Ruth replies. "So anyone deemed suitable can help? Even my son?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie quirks an eyebrow.

"Perhaps. That depends on who your son is. And how old."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Oh! Well he is six in human years." Ruth responds, beaming. "They grow up so fast. Our species ages slower, but they still grow up so fast."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie smiles. She does like children.

"They do, don't they? But it doesn't sound like he's old enough to really help with redemption. Except in an indirect way of providing people with a safe environment."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Of course." Omecha gets a pen and pad from her pocket and scribbles down a line - name and phone number. "Here." She offers a matching smile.

"It's genetics. I've heard of this place for a long time; why are you just now looking for an assistant? Did something happen to the last guy?"
    [Med Lab]

Toby looks at the information and makes a mental note. The last Research Assistant disappeared right after I gave her a preliminary assignment. Something that could have been done in any library or access to online medical journals and not in any way dangerous, which is the puzzling bit. I guess I should have looked into it, but... people disappear around here all the time. I think I'm one of only a few people left who lived in the original base... His smile falters and fades. Anyway, the Infirmary attracts quite a bit of expert healers and brilliant doctors from all around the Nexus, but none of them have ever really approached me about using this laboratory or helping me teach classes. Still, I recently came to the realization that I need to take more days off more often. Spend time with my children, go on adventures, put away the ashes and sackcloth and my self-pitying attitude of this past year and actually have fun. I think he's having a midlife crisis.

[Later]

Mr. Druid walks out of his Medical Laboratory, taking care to carefully weave between the ring of posts set up outside the building's perimeter. He walks out towards the lake and waits for something to happen to him. He hopes someone tries to kill him. It's been forever since anyone has tried and he's feeling very depressed and unappreciated about that fact.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2015-09-29 at 09:48 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Ruth mentally notes that down. "I see. Only the adults, and those truly suited to help." She smiles. "You have been most helpful, Sophie. I look forward to working together with you."

Then she taps her chin in thought. "You know, I have not actually had a proper tour of the place."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I can show you around, if you want. There's not that much to see, so it shouldn't take long," Sophie says.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Ruth smiles and nods. "Very well, then. Lead on, dear colleague." She gestures to the entrance, then prepares to follow Sophie.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie leads Ruth out of the infirmary and takes a look around.

"Well, here we are. Have you been to the main lodge yet?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Yes, I have. We have also acquired a cabin: the Evergreen Cabin. You should come and see us sometime." Ruth smiles."But for now, I have only been to the Main Lodge, our cabin and this place."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-10-01 at 02:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"We also have some stables, the nursery... you can leave your son there if you need and he'll be looked after," Sophie explains. "Then there's the med lab. One of our residents does his research there, as well as teach medicine and first aid. And you've seen the lake by now, of course."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Ruth listens attentively, nodding occasionally as Sophie makes her explanation. "The med lab sounds interesting. Tell me about it."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"It's operated by one of our residents, Tobias Druid," Sophie says. "I've been there on occasion. It contains a lot of advanced technological and magical medical equipment that is quite beyond me," she adds. "Tobias does his research there, and teaches people from towns and villages of the Nexus about medicine."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I see. I shall have to trade notes one of these days with him. Shall we continue the tour?"

Ruth points at the direction of the forest. "Asher would like the forest very much. Are there many animal types?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Med Lab]

Toby looks at the information and makes a mental note. The last Research Assistant disappeared right after I gave her a preliminary assignment. Something that could have been done in any library or access to online medical journals and not in any way dangerous, which is the puzzling bit. I guess I should have looked into it, but... people disappear around here all the time. I think I'm one of only a few people left who lived in the original base... His smile falters and fades. Anyway, the Infirmary attracts quite a bit of expert healers and brilliant doctors from all around the Nexus, but none of them have ever really approached me about using this laboratory or helping me teach classes. Still, I recently came to the realization that I need to take more days off more often. Spend time with my children, go on adventures, put away the ashes and sackcloth and my self-pitying attitude of this past year and actually have fun. I think he's having a midlife crisis.
    "They simply moved on."
    That's a little concerning, that they wouldn't make an effort to find her if she disappeared. But it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Omecha nods with an understanding smile.
    "But the basic work needs to go on even if you're busy elsewhere."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie rubs the back of her head.

"I'm not really an expert on forest animals. Rabbits, deer and such, I suppose."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Come to think of it, if we are going to be working together, we should get to know each other. I will be very much interested in hearing about you, Sophie." Ruth says.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Salix's Willow ((Sorry for the delay, guys. I forgot it was my turn.))

"As an addendum to Brinika's question, are they names that can be used by humans, or are they more like unique scents?" Rabbits are very different from most people, and don't tend to make much noise, as I vaguely recall. It's been years since I had any major contact with rabbits.

Campsite, Somewhere

Natalie is here! The fourteen-year-old girl is wearing a pair of jeans and a sleeveless yellow t-shirt, and as usual she's barefoot. For some reason, she can't find a cobbler that provides for shape-shifters. One her back is her battered red rucksack, and she carries a paper bag. The bag contains the reason for her quest; a mysterious stone she would like identified, which is why she's looking for Reelshka.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2015-10-04 at 05:30 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie tilts her head.

"Well. I've lived and worked here for a while now. Apart from helping here, I also work in an orphanage in Riverside, and other facilities my religion organizes. I'd already had experience providing guidance and advice before I was sent here."

[Ironoak Cabin]

Natalie will find Reelshka there, giving Tuskfang a bath. The little woblin is sitting in a washbasin as his mother scrubs him thoroughly. He appears to be very grumpy about it.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Uh..." Salix's hand is taken and she looks a bit perplexed as to what to do in this situation. "I guess they're feeling better about coming out now." She says lamely. Though not totally comfortable. Something smells like predator nearby, so they won't stray far from their warrens entrances.
    "Do they have names?" Brinika asks. "I know they'll run away if we get closer, but it's fun to watch them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "As an addendum to Brinika's question, are they names that can be used by humans, or are they more like unique scents?" Rabbits are very different from most people, and don't tend to make much noise, as I vaguely recall. It's been years since I had any major contact with rabbits.
    Salix's Willow

Asher beams back up at Salix. "I c-can talk t-t-to b-bunnies! A-and o-ther a-animals!" He turns to the bunnies. <Hi I'm Asher. Can we be friends?> Asher chirps in bunny-speak, to the hearing of the bunnies.

Then he attempts to tug her towards the direction of the bunnies. He's not that strong (or at least, he can't access his enhanced strength at will), so if Salix doesn't move, then Asher isn't going anywhere.

Sophie tilts her head.

"Well. I've lived and worked here for a while now. Apart from helping here, I also work in an orphanage in Riverside, and other facilities my religion organizes. I'd already had experience providing guidance and advice before I was sent here."
    [Infirmary]

Ruth nods. "I myself has had quite a lot of experience in that front. My son and I are from the heavens, and our people help tend to the workings of the world. I am of light, and he is of earth. I'm here to explore the Nexus, it seems it will be a fun opportunity for gathering knowledge. Besides, my son needs to learn the ways of worlds different from our own."

It's tradition.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Inside Med Lab]

Exactly. What the League does is more important than any one of us. He believes that, but there's still a hint of selfishness in his sigh. All work and no play makes Toby a dull boy, but this isn't the time or person for that talk. Well, that's the job at any rate. When can you start?

[Outside Med Lab]

Toby raises a hand to wave hello to Sophie, glad to see her after his absence. He studies the woman with her at a distance, unwilling to walk up and interrupt what is presumably a very important conversation. Then he turns to the lake and allows his mind to wander.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I was brought here against my will," Sophie says. "But I made the most of it. I probably wouldn't have live long of I'd stayed home," she adds. Then she spots Tobias by the lake. "And as it happens, the person responsible for the med lab is over there."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

Natalie will knock on the door, unless it's open. If it's open, she'll call out to see if anyone's home and that everything is OK. She's not often visited Reelshka's cabin, since often she and Brinika meet outside in the everywhere of the cab.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Come in," says Reelshka's voice from the inside. Once Natalie enters, she'll be greeted with the scene described above.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"Hi, Reelshka. Um, am I interrupting anything?" Natalie wipes her feet on the grass outside, to make sure she's not carrying in any dirt or mud within the cabin. She also avoids standard doormats, since they're particularly unpleasant to bare feet. She does smile at the goblin and her son.