New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 90

1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 90

Ironoak Cabin

Natalie smiles, takes the handkerchief and reaches over to put it in Tuskfang's ear. Actually, she's hiding it through sleight-of-hand, and it's going back where she took it from. Not necessarily up her sleeve; I can't remember if she's wearing sleeves in this scene, but she tends to favour t-shirts. "There we go. Now, don't try pulling it out yourself. You probably won't find it, and do some damage accidentally."

Salix's Willow

"Every Friday, Dad invited one of his colleagues to supper at our house. The conversations which interested me the most were the ones Dad had with the staff from the Nature and Exploration departments. I learnt a lot from that." Natalie's father, as some here might know, was the head master of a prestigious university. Also he's dead, but Natalie talks about that less often; he sent her to GLoG to make her safe, but refused to leave his students and staff in danger from the revolutionaries which recently overthrew her homeland's monarchy and aristocratic system.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"I've n-never seen a g-gh-griffin! C-can I meet C-Carth too?" Asher looks up at Reelshka, as well. "W-we can all be f-friends!"

(Not now, probably, but Asher would ask, of course. )

[Salix's Willow]

Asher smiles up at Brinika, and marvels when Salix so easily pats the rabbits without them running away. He gets an idea, and sits down on the ground, starting to mold a miniature sand Salix from the sand. At his touch, the sand grains clump together to make the dryad's vague shape, a sand silhouette.

Then the hard part, working on the details. As he works, he explains his reasoning. "R-rabbits like S-salix!"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-10-15 at 03:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Carth is fluffy!" Tuskfang declares. Reelshka nods with a smile. "I'm sure you'll get to meet him soon enough. He's a bit younger than you, I think."

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang puts his palms to his ears and his eyes go wide again.

"It's gone. Wooow," he says. "Magic is so cool!"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"I know it is. Magic makes the world go round." Her understanding is that spirits are naturally occurring magical constructs, and wouldn't exist without magic. Tuskfang's understanding might be different, since Waterstrider I think thought the smell of magic unnatural, yet think spirits are completely natural.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"I l-l-like f-fluffy!" Asher squeals, still holding on to Tuskfang's hands. "W-what of y-you? You l-look like a w-wolf! W-wolves are c-cute!"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"I'm a woblin!" Tuskfang declares. "His father is a wolfen, and I'm a goblin. He's one of a kind," Reelshka says. "Brinika came up with that name for him."

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Can you do more magic?" Tuskfang asks. He can see spirits himself, but he's only got a vague notion that not everyone can, since both his parents do.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

((There's something inherently cute about the term: woblin. Say it out loud.))

Asher beams at the mention of Brinika. He likes her. "B-Brinika is f-fun!"

He realizes he's leaving them standing outside. That's not nice, and he wants to be nice, so he opens the door to the cabin wider and runs in, trying to pull Tuskfang along, who'll probably pull his mother as well. A sand sculpture of his mother and father sits on a tray on the table. As it happens, his father has wings, as well.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"She is!" Tuskfang squeaks, before being led inside. His attention is quickly caught by the sculptures. He toddles over to them. "What're those?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"I-it's momma a-and poppa!" Asher declares triumphantly. "I m-made it f-for momma, so s-she won't m-miss poppa too m-much!"

He points out his father's wings. "L-look! Poppa has w-wings, too!"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Woow. Do you fly?" Tuskfang asks, looking up at Asher and wagging his tail.

"Those are very good sculptures, Asher," Reelshka says.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Th-thank you!" Asher replies, bowing a little bit.

He nods his head enthusiastically. "Y-yes! I c-can f-fly! Wanna s-see?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"Well, I have the transformation, but that's natural to me. There's the stage magic, which is how I pulled the hankie out of your ear. And there's the conjuration I practice, but that relies on teleportation, which is blocked at GLoG, so I do that in the woods." The conjuration mostly mimics the stage magic, but some of it is actually useful.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang stares at Natalie for a moment. "Whassat meant?" he asks. Reelshka chuckles again. "I think you're using too long words for him, Natalie."

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Yeah! I wanna!" Tuskfang declares, jumping up and down a little. "Just be careful, Asher," Reelshka adds.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Salix's Willow]

"It's okay, Asher. I'm not sad," Brinika says, as she hugs him back. "Handling wild animals is hard if you're not a dryad like Salix. And Natalie does know a whole lot." She nods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Salix's Willow

"Every Friday, Dad invited one of his colleagues to supper at our house. The conversations which interested me the most were the ones Dad had with the staff from the Nature and Exploration departments. I learnt a lot from that." Natalie's father, as some here might know, was the head master of a prestigious university. Also he's dead, but Natalie talks about that less often; he sent her to GLoG to make her safe, but refused to leave his students and staff in danger from the revolutionaries which recently overthrew her homeland's monarchy and aristocratic system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Salix's Willow]

Asher smiles up at Brinika, and marvels when Salix so easily pats the rabbits without them running away. He gets an idea, and sits down on the ground, starting to mold a miniature sand Salix from the sand. At his touch, the sand grains clump together to make the dryad's vague shape, a sand silhouette.

Then the hard part, working on the details. As he works, he explains his reasoning. "R-rabbits like S-salix!"
    [Salix's Willow]

Salix sits down next to the borrow and looks back toward the other children. "Uh, what're you doing?" She asks, looking slightly puzzled by Asher's creation so far. Is that supposed to be her? it's becoming more clear as he adds detail.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"I can change shape, I can perform magic like I just showed you, and I can move things without touching them, but the things that keep GLoG safe stop most of those from working here." Hopefully that's easier for Tuskfang to understand. "Whilst my shape change is magic-based, it is classed as a natural ability since it can't be learnt by most people." Whereas anyone with sufficient training and discipline can perform magic. Also, Natalie can't learn how to change shape on her own. She needs to be forced into a shape before she can use it on her own.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Yeah! I wanna!" Tuskfang declares, jumping up and down a little. "Just be careful, Asher," Reelshka adds.
    [Evergreen Cabin]

Asher nods and nods at Reelshka and begins to tug Tuskfang back outside. Once they get outside, the little winged nephilim will begin to fly round the cottage, always remaining in Tuskfang's sight. "Wheeee!"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Willow]

Brinika blinks and watches Asher's sculpture. She's wondering if it'll work.

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang nods.

"That's cool. My dad says I'll get to talk to 'pirits when I'm grown up. Like he does."

[Evergreen Cabin]

The little woblin watches Asher with a big grin. Fortunately, he doesn't try to fly himself, although it looks like he's tempted to.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Soon enough, Asher lands in front of Tuskfang and bows. "I'd t-try to c-carry you, but I'm n-not s-strong enough!" He says, somewhat sadly. "B-but we c-can still p-play!"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"I don't know much about spirits. My magic doesn't directly interact with them, from what I've learnt." What Tuskfang is taught by Waterstrider (or the other Wolfen of GLoG; I've forgotten his name, and which one Reelshka married) may be different, due to cultural and religious differences, plus different theories of magic. Natalie's homeworld has many different types of magic, and in most cases the theory of how it all works conflicts.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang turns to his mother.

"Didja bring Fuzzy 'n Flutter?"

Reelshka nods and reaches into her bag. She produces a stuffed wolf and a plush owl, which she hands to Tuskfang. The woblin grins and turns back to Asher.

"These are my aminals!"

"Animals, Tuskfang," Reelshka says with a sigh. It seems he picked up that habit from some new friends me made, according to Brinika.

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang's father is Pathfinder. But he and Reelshka aren't actually married. His status as a shaman prevents it, I think.

"'Pirits are important. Dad talks to them. He's a shaman. They're like aminals but blurry."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"I know, I saw one once. It was cat-like, and skeletal. It put its hand on my shoulder." That was a long time ago, when Pathfinder hosted a story session and the spirits manifested to take part. "They've got magic of their own, I know that. I don't know what exactly they can do, though." She can't interact with them directly, after all. Not unless they make efforts to do so, or she figures out how to summon her own.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher's eyes widen as he sights the stuffed and plush animals. "I l-li-like animals!" He squeals, then turns to the toys and speaks to them.

<Hello!> He chirps, first in wolf, then in owl, expecting them to answer, and when they presumably don't, tilts his head quizzically.

((B'Sod! Earl didn't post for Ghar's scene.))

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"They only talk to me," Tuskfang says, a little apologetically. Reelshka chuckles. "They're toy animals, Asher."

[Ironoak Cabin]

"They can do lots. My favourite 'pirit is Bouncy. He plays wif me," Tuskfang says.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Awww." Asher frowns for a moment, until Reelshka speaks. "Toy? M-momma s-says t-toys are f-fun! We d-don't have t-that type at h-home." He says, pointing up at the sky.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang's eyes go wide.

"You don't have toys! Everyone should have toys! I have Fuzzy and Flutter and lots of others."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher shakes his head. "No! We h-h-have t-toys! M-made of e-earth or l-light, o-or c-clouds o-or o-ther t-things! I h-help some t-times!" He points to the sculpture of his parents, then claps his hands.

"B-but not t-th-that t-type!"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang blinks, confused.

"How do you make a toy outta cloud?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"W-Well c-cloud is w-water! It b-becomes like ice s-smoke! Th-then we d-do s-something an' it n-never m-melts! O-or c-combine it w-with earth an' it b-becomes l-like s-stone!"
    Asher declares.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang opens his mouth wide.

"Whaaaaa."

Reelshka chuckles.

"I think he's a little too young to understand that, Asher."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher can't help but giggle at Tuskfang's reaction. "S-sorrie!" He says, gently hugging the other boy. "Ermmm..." He begins to look around thinking of what to do. Then he looks up and sees some clouds. "L-look! T-those! W-what if it was c-clay?"