New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 90

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 90

[Evergreen Cabin]

"They'd be brown and on the ground," Tuskfang says slowly, after a moment. Reelshka just smiles and watches.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher scratches his green head of hair for a bit. "W-well..." Then he looks to Reelshka for help.

Just then Ruth arrives and Asher goes to hug her. "Momma!" He screams as they hug. Then he points to Reelshka and Tuskfang and talks about 'cloud-clay'.

In response, Ruth reaches into her robe and fetches a little piece of hand-formed cloud, which she gives the children: one for Asher and one for Tuskfang. It's visibly cloud, but feels like (and has the consistency of) plasticine. It's also cold to the touch.

"Greetings, Reelshka. I just came to check on my boy." She says, smiling.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang begins eagerly fiddling with the cloud-clay. He squeezes it, tugs it, pulls it and shakes it. He grins and giggles all the while.

"Hello, Ruth. I brought Tuskfang here to meet Asher. They seem to be getting along splendidly."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher also follows suit. It's harder, since his power is earth manipulation, not cloud manipulation, but he succeeds in making a smiley face. "L-look! I made a s-smiley!" He says, showing Tuskfang. "W-what are you m-making?"

Meanwhile, Ruth smiles at the two kids and nods. "Indeed they do, dear Reelshka. Better than expected, and I expected a lot. I am just coming from the medical bay, myself."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Inside Med Lab]

Omecha pauses for a second, thinks, and nods.
    "Two days from now. Anything I need to know or do in preparation?"
    I can't think of anything you won't be able to learn or do on the job. This shouldn't be a huge challenge here. She can use whatever time not spent putting her affairs in order and making her will to deal with some idiot who thinks he's living in Film Noir or a Chandler story snooping around, trying to figure out if she's who she says she is. Toby stands up and, smiling, reaches across his desk to shake Omecha's hand. I'll see you in two days!
    Last edited by FireFox; 2015-10-22 at 08:39 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Inside Med Lab]

"Good."

Omecha stands and shakes his hand and then swiftly departs, heading outside before flying up, up, and away.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

A large black griffin flies in to the front gate with a fancy woven basket in his beak. There is a baby in the basket, but that isn't visibly obvious due to being safely tucked in for the ride.
    Said griffin goes looking for responsible adults to talk to.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Salix's Willow ((Sorry about the missed post, guys!))

Natalie sits and watches Asher sculpt sand-Salix silently, always interested in observing magic of any kind. And a small boy creating an accurate likeness out of loose sand kind of has to be magic.

Ironoak Cabin

"I'm glad to hear one is your friend, Tuskfang. Why are they called Bouncy?" Natalie's unsure as to the spirit's nature or gender, and the one she remembers the best is only just child-friendly.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"I dunno," Tuskfang says. He's simply been fiddling with the cloud-clay. "What could I make?"

"Kids their age make friends easily," Reelshka points out. "And Tuskfang is really outgoing. Maybe Brinika rubbed off on him."

[Ironoak Cabin]

"He bounces around!" Tuskfang proclaims. Reelshka chuckles.

"Bouncy is a weasel spirit that took a shine to him."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"A weasel? Nice. They're related to otters, y'know. And ferrets, badgers, stoats and skunks. Other stuff, too, like pine martens, but that pretty much covers the whole group." Natalie's done some research into otters and their relatives, which is where she picked up knowledge of mustelids. Natalie smiles, glad to have an answer.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Salix's Willow]

Salix sits down next to the borrow and looks back toward the other children. "Uh, what're you doing?" She asks, looking slightly puzzled by Asher's creation so far. Is that supposed to be her? it's becoming more clear as he adds detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika blinks and watches Asher's sculpture. She's wondering if it'll work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Natalie sits and watches Asher sculpt sand-Salix silently, always interested in observing magic of any kind. And a small boy creating an accurate likeness out of loose sand kind of has to be magic.
    [Salix's Willow]

"Y-you!"
    He responds eagerly as he works!

Asher continues his work diligently and skillfully, and in a few moments a sand version of Salix is standing in front of him. He continues to add some finishing touches, but by now it's clearly Salix, immortalized in sand (for the time being).

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I dunno," Tuskfang says. He's simply been fiddling with the cloud-clay. "What could I make?"

"Kids their age make friends easily," Reelshka points out. "And Tuskfang is really outgoing. Maybe Brinika rubbed off on him."
    [Evergreen Cabin]

"Any-thing! M-make any-thing! E-even a b-bunny rabbit! Or a t-toy p-plane!" Asher declares, beginning to toy with his cloud-clay. "I'll make a d-doll!"

"Kids their age are rather active too, dear friend." Ruth notes. "So much energy in them. I really must meet Brinika sometime."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Willow]

"...Huh, that's really good." Salix has to admit. How in the world did he do that, though? The dryad steps forward to take a closer look at the sculpture. Two of the rabbits she was near even follow her, apparently comfortable enough to move further away from their burrows when they're close to Salix.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Willow]

Brinika puts her finger to her lips and takes Asher's hand, to prevent him from getting overeager and scaring the rabbits again.

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Yeah! He looks like you," Tuskfang says. He turns to look at his mother. "Can Bouncy come here now, mommy?" he asks.

"I don't know, dear," Reelshka says. "Spirits come and go."

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang stares at the clay-cloud with a look of intense concentration. He fiddles with it in his chubby, furry hands and makes something that looks vaguely like a big-eared goblin.

"I'm sure she'd like that. She's... special in more ways than one," Reelshka says, proudly. She takes almost as much pride in her niece as she does in her son.

[Front Gate]

The griffin may spot Sophie nearby. She counts as a responsible adult. Most of the time.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

Nick pads over to Sophie and sets the basket down.
    "Excuse me, Miss. Someone left a baby at my door along with a death threat. It's not exactly something that I'm in a place to handle, and I was wondering if you were the right people to go to about this?" he asks politely.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher works on his clay-cloud as well, fiddling with it until it starts to look like a tiny hat. He looks over at Tuskfang's hands and begins to giggle.

Ruth smiles broadly at Reelshka's pride. "She must be really gifted. Just like my boy." She rubs Asher's head of hair, causing him to smile.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Gate]

Sophie looks down at the baby with a mixture of feelings. Mostly concern and shock.

"We do help anyone who comes to us. If you leave this child here, we'll do our best to care for it. I expect you have no idea about where it came from and why you got it?"

[Evergreen Cabin]

"She is very gifted. As well as curious, exuberant and mercurial. Her parents have her hands full with her, and so do I when she's here," Reelshka says.

Tuskfang waves his crude sculpture.

"'S a goblin!"

17. - Top - End - #197

[Front Gate]

The baby stirs in his basket, squirming around with no clear idea where he is or how his limbs even work, and looks up at Sophie in a blank, interested way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Salix's Willow

Natalie will sit down nearby, and shuffle forwards to get a closer look, without (hopefully) scaring the rabbits. She says nothing, though her scent of human overlying otter, bird, monkey and chameleon is unusual and potentially worrying for them.

Ironoak Cabin

"Where do you usually see Bouncy?" Natalie doesn't know much about spirits, but picked up somewhere the idea that they're tied to a specific geographical area, which may or may not be accurate and might refer to a different category of natural magical entities.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

The baby, for the record, is a male human save for his leathery wings.
    "No, the note was a threat telling me to use my time while I had it. I have no idea how it has anything to do with him." Nick says simply.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher squeals and goes to try and hug Tuskfang, jumping up and down in the process. "T-told'ja."

((I had a dream in which Tuskfang and Asher meet about 15 years after this point, and Tuskfang keeps playfully making fun of Asher for being a 21-year old that looks like he's 12.))

"Now, I simply must meet her. She and Asher should get along just fine. He's always looking to make friends. Isn't that right, son?" Ruth glances at Asher, only to see him attempting to celebrate with Tuskfang.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Gate]

Sophie sighs.

"This is very suspicious. We'll do what we can to help, but first let me examine the child more closely."

The Hunter looks down at the baby, and activates her Second Sight. She tries to examine the child and see there are no illusions, or perhaps if it's not his true shape.

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang hugs Asher back exuberantly.

"I'll need more fer a Wolfen," he says.

"I think those two little gents are a bit preoccupied," Reelshka says with a chuckle.

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang thinks deeply for a moment.

"When I'm outside on the grass."

22. - Top - End - #202

[Front Gate]

No illusions, no false shapes. It's a baby with wings and some internal modifications.
    But it is not just a baby. There is something else here, inside it. A formless shining something, not quite aware enough to be a possessing spirit. Just listening, waiting, allowing the infant to act as it wants. For now.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher nods and stares at his own cloud-clay for a bit. Then suddenly, he thrusts it in front of Tuskfang. "H-here, have it. Y-you can use m-my own." He's smiling, urging his new friend to take it. Sharing is caring, and if he needs more he'll play with the sand. He prefers the sand.

"Perhaps we should leave them alone? We can watch from a safe distance while we get acquainted."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"That sounds like a good idea. They seem to be doing fine," Reelshka says. Tuskfang, meanwhile, grabs the cloud-clay with a grin.

"Thanks!" he squeaks and starts trying to mould it into something that looks like a wolfen.

[Front Gate]

"The baby is normal, but there's something in him," Sophie says in a concerned voice. "Like a dormant spirit. It's not affecting him yet, but it's there."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"Is it always the same bit of grass? Because if that's Bouncy's house, he might not be able to leave." Which would also explain why Bouncy is so friendly- he's bored, since little happens that he can actually interact with.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

Nick shakes his head.
    "Well, I guess that'd make sense, given the threat. But I'm a soldier, Miss, I don't know much t'all about spirits." he says sheepishly. They'd know how to handle it, right?
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-10-26 at 01:11 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang shakes his head.

"No. Sometimes it happens there, an' sometimes there," he says, waving his chubby hand in different directions.

[Front Gate]

"My knowledge of them is a little haphazard. But there are people here who know more about them than I do. Do you know who might be trying to threaten you and why?"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

"I'm with the Union, Ma'am. That's no small list. Though I have personally assaulted the servants of some sort of Corrupter, verbally called out an alien apocalypse sun for being a sociopathic monster, I think I pissed off Pazuzu a few years ago. So, ah, no, it's not enough to narrow it down, though I don't think it's Sunny, and P has had plenty of time. I'd say it's someone I don't know about." he explains.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"Well, that's that theory out the window. I really don't know about spirits." She got that slightly mistaken, as she really doesn't know about spirits. Mostly her summoning is small creatures and inanimate objects, rather than anything more powerful.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"The spirits Pathfinder summoned are bound to the campsite, Natalie," Reelshka explains. "But they don't enter the cabins and other buildings unless they have to. Just like physical animals."

"Daddy knows ev'ryfing about 'pirits!" Tuskfang says proudly.

[Front Gate]

Sophie runs her hand through her hair.

"Troubling. We'll take the child in, and I'll try to find out what the presence in him is. Do you also want help investigating who sent him and why?"