New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 90

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 90

Front Gate

Nick nods.
    "I'd like that, but you don't need to get to intensive. He's a baby, after all. If you find any information while examining him and his spirit, tell me, or if someone finds out where he came from. I would very much like to know what all of this is about, but you don't need to overexert yourself on my behalf." he says sincerely. Whatever this is, he doesn't need to drag people into it.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "That sounds like a good idea. They seem to be doing fine," Reelshka says. Tuskfang, meanwhile, grabs the cloud-clay with a grin.

"Thanks!" he squeaks and starts trying to mould it into something that looks like a wolfen.
    [Evergreen Cabin]

"Let's all go inside, then." Ruth says, and begins to lead both boys into the cabin: Tuskfang with his fiddling of the clay and Asher with his enthusiastic expectation of seeing Tuskfang's wolfen.

Once inside, Ruth will lead Reelshka to one corner of the room with chairs where they'll be able to see the kids and the rest of the room easily.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"How did he summon them? Most of my attempts are blocked when I'm in the campsite." Due to the tele-blocker that I think GLoG has. Even if it isn't mentioned in the opening post. Huh.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Gate]

"Helping people is what we do here," Sophie says. She tries to pick up the basket. "How can we contact you if we find anything?"

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang toddles eagerly into the cabin, fiddling with his clay all the while. The result of his work only resembles a wolfen in very broad term, but it doesn't deter him. Reelshka sits down near Ruth. The furniture is probably too big for her.

[Ironoak Cabin]

"The spirits were actually summoned here before the campsite was blocked against teleportation," Reelshka explains. "Pathfinder performed a ritual that drew them there. Eventually it turned out it's not enough, so we asked someone else to add an additional measure." The ritual actually happened very shortly before Reelshka asked Pathfinder out on a date, which led to their close relationship.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"None of my books have any information on how to create areas to block teleportation or conjuring, so I thought the effect had always been here. Sorry." Her world's teleportation is too risky to make blocking it necessary. After a mile, there's a chance of not reappearing at the other end. Those who can teleport only use it for short distances, and in emergencies.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Ruth will politely attempt to aid Reelshka in any way she can. The room is spartan on one side, obviously Ruth's, and there's a play area with all sorts of odds and ends, obviously Asher's.

Asher grabs a ball of sandclay and begins to work on it, trying to make a miniature Tuskfang. He routinely glances up to see Tuskfang's progress.

"I miss my husband already." Ruth says, sighing.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Maybe if we go on the grass, we can meet Bouncy," Tuskfang says. He looks up at his mother. "Can we go on the grass?"

"Well, you seem to be mostly dry after your bath," Reelshka says, running her hand through his hair. "So you can, if Natalie wants to."

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang appears to have produced a mostly humanoid-shaped piece of clay, with an elongated head and ears. He seems pretty proud of it.

"I'm sorry to hear it," Reelshka says sympathetically. "You two seem to be close."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

Nick will record his phone number for Sophie on whatever medium she has on hand. Preferably something electronic, but his talon-writing isn't that bad.
    "I should respond within a day or so unless I'm on a pretty lengthy assignment. I don't always have a consistent schedule, so that's the best I can do." he says apologetically.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"That sounds good to me, Reelshka. Thank you for your help with the stone." Natalie smiles at Reelshka and stands up.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

[Salix's Willow]

Asher looks up at Brinika and nods a big nod once, smiling widely. His latent earth manipulation powers make him proficient at molding sand and making it stick together.

Then he slowly gets up and points to it, grinning. "Ta-da!' He whispers in a soft voice.

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Yay! L-look, I m-made youuu!" Asher replies, showing his own miniature Tuskfang doll.

"Yes, and I love him deeply. I insisted on coming here, though. My usual pilgrimage. He couldn't come, he is a busy man." Ruth says, smiling. "Asher's sister is taking my place for the time being. She's quite proficient in her work, though rather naughty."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-10-29 at 08:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Reelshka puts some more clothes on Tuskfang and the little boy enthusiastically leads the way outside.

"Bouncy! Are you here, Bouncy?" he cries.

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang's eyes go wide and he tries to touch his sandy facsimile.

"Your pilgrimage?" Reelshka asks, raising her eyebrow.

[Front Gate]

"Thank you. I'll do my best to learn what this is all about," Sophie says.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Asher hands it over to him and smiles at his new friend as he examines his sandy self. After a while, he asks: "C-can I play with F-fluffy and F-flutter?"

"I apologize, Reelshka. That was an attempt at a simile, or whatever it's called. I just usually come to this realm on a sort of holiday. Besides, tradition demands that we give our young a chance to experience other realms." Ruth replies, gesturing to Asher.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

Natalie follows behind Tuskfang, possibly in front of Reelshka if the goblin wishes to lock her front door. If not, then she'll probably be behind Tuskfang and his aunt. She's smiling from Tuskfang's exuberance.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Sure! They like making friends!" Tuskfang squeaks. He grabs his toys and hands them to Asher.

"Oh. Well, that makes sense, I suppose. Asher seems to be learning a lot here," Reelshka says.

[Ironoak Cabin]

After a while, Tuskfang squeals in joy and hops up and down. The reason for his mirth seems to be an indistinct shape scurrying towards him. Upon closer inspection, it's a translucent, incorporeal weasel. It runs up to Tuskfang and, true to its name, bounces around him.

"Here he is," Reelshka says to Natalie. "Can you see him? I forget sometimes what it's like not to see spirits. Tuskfang seems to have been able to see them since birth."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin to Outside

"Just about, like a weasel-shaped blur. I'll have to see if my books have anything that might help me see them." She knows she can't smell them as an animal, because there's lots of spirits around GLoG but the camp site smells very similar to the surrounding forest.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"Y-yay!" Asher squeaks and begins to, well, play with the toys, making them play with each other like children play with their toys. The fascination on his face is clear.

"Thankfully.
    " Ruth smiles. "So, is there anything interesting to see on the campgrounds?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang squeals and laughs as he cuddles the spirit animal. Then he toddles over to Natalie. The weasel spirit follows him, shimmering in the sun.

"This is Talie, Bouncy. She's an otir," he says, pointing at the girl. Natalie will see the ephemeral weasel walk over to her. It's easier to see now that it's right under her feet.

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang sits and watches Asher play with his stuffed animals.

"Fuzzy and Flutter go on 'ventures," he finally says.

"That depends on how you define interesting, I suppose," Reelshka says. "This place is unique for being more... stable than most of the Nexus. Calmer. You haven't been here long, but life here can be hectic."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Ironoak Cabin

Natalie looks down at Bouncy, before sitting cross-legged to get on a similar level with the spirit. "Hello, Bouncy. Pleased to meet you." She smiles, and attempts to stroke the translucent spirit. Natalie can see Bouncy much better now, though still has some difficulty.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

"R-really? S-show me!" Asher squeaks, handing the toys back to him.

Ruth nods, a bit of concern on her face. "I have seen a bit. I met with Civiron... Civvy at HALO, and... let's just say I know." She frowns when she remembers the darkness within Anchor. She removed the physical darkness, but not the darkness of her heart. "I hope that I can help to lighten the load, one person at a time."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

Natalie's fingers do meet some resistance, although it's light. The weasel spirit seems to enjoy the caress. Tuskfang giggles.

"Bouncy likes you!"

[Evergreen Cabin]

"They go climbin'. Or they hunt fer treasure," Tuskfang explains.

"Every little bit helps," Reelshka says with a nod. "It's what we do here, really. Make the Nexus just a little bit more calm and comfortable."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Ironoak Cabin

"There's a secret to that, Tuskfang. Most fluffy creatures, otters, weasels, cats and many others, like being stroked. It feels nice." I'm sure Natalie's probably been stroked as an otter before, even if it hasn't occurred on-screen. Natalie will continue to stroke Bouncy, finding the spirit's semi-corporeal texture fascinating.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

Bouncy squirms and tries to run up Natalie's shoulders. It's hard to say if he's really touching her or just floating close to her. His claws are cold to touch.

"Wolfen are fuzzy too. And Welfen. And I'm fuzzy but not as much as them," Tuskfang observes.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Salix's Willow]

Asher looks up at Brinika and nods a big nod once, smiling widely. His latent earth manipulation powers make him proficient at molding sand and making it stick together.

Then he slowly gets up and points to it, grinning. "Ta-da!' He whispers in a soft voice.
    [Salix's Willow]

"That's pretty good." Salix has to admit. Very good even. "How'd you do that anyway?"

The rabbits are still pretty calm now. The few that are nearest are, of course, staying right near Salix. They don't really pay the sculpture any mind, but they're not running away!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "They go climbin'. Or they hunt fer treasure," Tuskfang explains.

"Every little bit helps," Reelshka says with a nod. "It's what we do here, really. Make the Nexus just a little bit more calm and comfortable."
    [Evergreen Cabin]

"L-let's hunt for t-treasure!" Asher says, picking Flutter, because it can fly, like him. "I'll be F-Flutter!" He carries the owl and starts to run around Tuskfang, in circles. "PFFFSSSHHHHH" He says, trying to mimic the sounds of wind blowing past your ears while flying. He already loves the sound.

Ruth nods, smiling. "I shall have to walk around the premises, though I'd prefer if I had company. After the boys are asleep, maybe. Take in the rivers, formations and such around the campgrounds." An invitation.

She glances at Asher. "Careful now, boys!" She raises up a finger and wags it, looking at Asher. The boy nods once and smiles, then continues his play.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Ironoak Cabin

Since I'm assuming there's no weight associated with Bouncy's scamper (since it's hard to tell if he's floating or not), Natalie giggles as he runs up and when he reaches her shoulder, turns to face him and strokes him again. "Do you want to see if you enjoy being stroked, too?" Natalie thinks Reelshka has a good idea of whether wolfen enjoy being stroked, but doesn't quite dare ask.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

[Evergreen Cabin]

Tuskfang starts making woofing sounds as he waves Fuzzy around. Since he's half-wolfen, they're actually rather authentic.

"Brinika hides things for them to find. But she's not here now."

"I could show you around, maybe," Reelshka says. "I don't think those two are at any risk. This cabin is pretty child-proof. Tuskfang can be hard to keep an eye on sometimes."

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang nods and toddles over to Natalie. He does enjoy having his head and ears scratched.

[Salix's Willow]

"It's hard to sculpt sand," Brinika says. "It shifts and gets away. I prefer rocks. Or dirt."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Ironoak Cabin

Natalie will happily comply, stroking Tuskfang's head and ears. Her other hand continues stroking Bouncy the weasel.

Salix's Willow

"I prefer collecting rocks. The pretty ones, anyway, with crystals and cubes and facets and nice colours. Like this one." Natalie reaches into her bag and pulls out a piece of malachite the size of her thumb. Malachite is one of the few minerals I really like but don't actually own. Got a bit of natural copper, though.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang happily nuzzles into Natalie's hand, as does Bouncy. Reelshka chuckles.

"He's definitely like a Wolfen cub this way. We need to discover it as we go along, since there's never been anyone like him before."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Ironoak Cabin

"Nobody cuter, that I know." Natalie smiles, and continues stroking into the nuzzling of both parties. Though as Bouncy is only partially there, she wonders how much he gets out of it, since she can barely feel him.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Ironoak Cabin]

Bouncy enjoys the scratching for a while more, before hopping off Natalie's shoulders to play with Tuskfang some more. While the woblin's attention is occupied by the weasel, Reelshka asks:

"And what's new with you, Natalie? People shouldn't let me become one of those mothers who forget everything else when talking about their child," she adds jokingly.