New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Combining Spell Slots

Is there any way to combine lower level spell slots into a higher level spell slot in Pathfinder? Preferably for a Sorcerer and by an item or ability that isn't tied to class levels.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Combining Spell Slots

If you allow 3.5 material, Versatile Spellcaster is exactly what you're looking for. 2 3rd into a 4th, two 8th into a 9th, (most excitingly) 2 9th into a 10th. It doesn't give any spells known above your usual, but you can use a slot above normal maximum for metamagic, or with a Runestaff or pathfinder equivalent.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrim View Post
    If you allow 3.5 material, Versatile Spellcaster is exactly what you're looking for. 2 3rd into a 4th, two 8th into a 9th, (most excitingly) 2 9th into a 10th. It doesn't give any spells known above your usual, but you can use a slot above normal maximum for metamagic, or with a Runestaff or pathfinder equivalent.
    Unfortunately, 3.5 is not allowed, besides which all my feats are spoken for. (Though I could probably use the retraining rules for the time I need it.) The reason I want something like that is my group is horribly under geared. We're level 15, and I have about 100,000 GP worth of useable equipment, and I crafted it all myself. The rest of the group has around 50,000. Except for the person who joined late and therefor has 240,000 GP worth of equipment. In order to fix this, I got the GM to agree to my plan of Fabricating large amounts of expensive items. Unfortunately I only have 20 slots for Fabricate, and I was hoping to squeeze a few more out somehow. Also if you know of anything more expensive than Mithral Dwarven Longhammers (or with a better profit ratio such as Kegs of Blackpowder), let me know.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

4. - Top - End - #4

Art objects sell for full price. So just buy a bunch of gold (or better yet, use your gold and platinum pieces) and use fabricate to make a masterpiece. It'll be worth 3x the amount of material you put in and sells for full price rather than half.
    Adaptation of Child of Acavna and Amaznen into a "Spheres Fighter"
    Thank you Ganorenas

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    An Animated Object is a kind of creature. An animated object is a kind of item. So no, you can't apply a template. Unless you were to use animate objects to animate objects into Animated Objects and somehow apply templates while using animate objects to turn animate objects into Animate Objects for your Animated animated Object collection (or perhaps for a friend to watch anime with).

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Maynot View Post
    Art objects sell for full price. So just buy a bunch of gold (or better yet, use your gold and platinum pieces) and use fabricate to make a masterpiece. It'll be worth 3x the amount of material you put in and sells for full price rather than half.
    Do you know where it says that? Cause that will cut my time down to 8 days of raising money.
    Nevermind, I found it. Though it does say that they are generally traded for full value.

EDIT: Also if anyone knows of a listed plane with a really fast time trait or reverse time, let me know.
    Last edited by The Random NPC; 2015-09-04 at 09:13 PM.
    -Snow White