New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (IC)

Jenna reads over Harry's shoulder, still quite shocked after what she just witnessed. ".....Vampires? Magicians? Did we just step into the twilight zone or something? Harry, what's going on?! You knew those guys?" Jenna's voice is climbing and climbing, soon reaching the point of hysteria.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Perception Check: 1d10+6=12

Bastion shoots an eyebrow up at Jenna’s apparent confusion. Since when does a Slayer get all worked up about Vampires, heck even Mages, there are a lot more of us around than there are of you. But that is a good question. Harry how DID you get acquainted with a couple of vampires, you know, besides the pushing them off a boat part…
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna looks from Bastion to Harry, her eyes wide. ".......Great....You're both crazy...If this is some big practical joke, I swear I'll kick your ass...asses...." She backs slowly away from the two.

4. - Top - End - #154

What? Don’t you know you are a Slayer? Come on, I saw that kick you landed on the vampire before I gave him the old “ignition”. You busted half of his ribs.

He can see the scared confusion on her face and raises his hands placatingly. Look, maybe you don’t know you are a Slayer, I don’t know all THAT much about them but you are what 50, 55 kilos max and you just crushed the ribcage of, for the purposes of this argument, a grown man with a kick?

I thought Slayers got trained to do what they do but maybe it just comes to them. Those vamps certainly knew who you were…
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

"Slayer? What the hell are you talking about? I train Aikido, I got in a lucky shot! If anyone's a slayer like you say, it's Harry! Didn't you just say you threw them overboard somewhere, Harry?" Jenna looks to Harry, not really believing she's having this conversation. "And you!" She turns to Bastion. "You set him on fire?! Just how did you do that?!"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harry

Harry, comming down off the adrenaline of the fight, is slow in his thoughts.

'Uhhhh.... Yeah, Yeah I did. On the Ferry here, I threw them overboard, about 2 days from shore. I uughhhh.

Harry took a deep breath and examined his bike, the puncture wasn't really that bad, a welder and some steel sheet should make it tight again.

'Look, I Don't understand this. I was working my passage, from the Phillipines to here, thats how I travel. It was late, and I came on Deck. These 3 Guys, they were Attacking this woman, the Captains daughter I think.'

'I have these dreams, dreams that tell me to move on , the Dreams, their start, I dunno 3 weeks after I arrive usually, their bad stuff, nightmares. I get the feeling their gonna happen.
    So I move on, so they don't, and the dreams stop. But this time, I had dreamed about the girl, on the ship, and I saw her Die, i think they Guys were trying to rape her, or do somthing to her, the dreams arn't always clear.'

He exhaled a long sigh

'I couldn't let that happen could I? So I charged them, they were surprised, and I managed to shove them overboard. Only the Captain and the Girl knew, they wern't on the crew. I killed them'
    Last edited by Adlan; 2007-08-07 at 04:33 AM.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh...I don't really think you did...At least not dead enough...Now....I suggest we go pick up this gem thing the letter mentioned, then go somewhere and talk. Because I think there's some stuff you guys haven't told me..."

8. - Top - End - #158

Yeah, I suppose you are right about that. Besides, I don’t want to hang around for our friend with the penchant for archery delivered messages to decide to give us any “personal” memos.

Bastion heads over to the pile of dust that until recently had been a slavering creature of the night and plucks up the gem, trying to remember if he had heard anything about gems like this in any of his father’s lessons on combating the undead.

Occult Knowledge Check(intelligence + occultism): 1d10+9=18
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

'Can we go get somthing to eat? I'm not working tonight, and I'm ravenous'

Harry stands, and stretches, when he speaks, it's as if his eyes look a little more wolfish, his canines a little longer, and his hair a little rougher, but it might just be the light and the fight.

'We can talk while we eat. And you' he points at Bastion 'Can explain what me and the Lass don't know'

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds like a plan..." Jenna looks from Harry to Bastion, then back again at Harry, frowning a little. Then she shakes her head a bit to herself. "Let's go."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Bastion - As you pick up the small, brilliantly red gem, you feel a momentary rush of energy from it pass through your body.

Your memory is excellent, and you recall several legends regarding the supposed powers of certain gems, but you've never heard of a specific case where someone actually did gain power from them. According to legend, red gems are supposed to be tied to the body, and someone can gain strength by casting the right spell to unlock their power.

(Keep talking everyone. I'll jump in again when the time is right...)

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna heads for a small pizza place a couple of blocks away. She walks quite fast, feeling oddly full of energy, and only looks back once or twice to make sure the boys are coming. "I know a place. They have good pizza, and private booths where we can talk."

13. - Top - End - #163

Pizza right… Bastion feels his rather slim wallet and sighs. Well, it looks like it was going to be Ramen for a while at home. Although he might be able to get something for the gem. Besides Jenna was obviously in over her head.

It was only a matter of time before word of a Slayer got around and that kind of thing tended to attract the things that thought they could take down a Slayer. Judging by Jenna’s complete lack of experience, that might not be all that tough for some of the sharks that would come sniffing around either. Harry had the guts to stand up to a pack of vampires too.

He couldn’t abandon them to the tender mercies of the folks that would be looking for them, they were completely out of their depth. He just wished he did not have the nasty suspicion that he was out of his depth too…

Pizza sounds good to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

Harry

'Pizza sounds good to me. I'm buying' Harry pats his jacket pocket, where he had stashed the wad of notes that the arrow had given him.

The Pizza Place

It was busy in the restaurant, as you'd expect in anyshop, during the early evening, people on dates, or picking up a takeaway bustled about, But Harry, Jenna and Bastion found a quiet corner alcove.

'So, I'll go order, what do you guys want? Harry asks.

(I hope you don't mind, just wanted to move along a bit, keep us rolling.)

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll have a veggie pizza," Jenna answers as she slides into the alcove. "And a coke".

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

(Doesn't worry me. And when you've finished your pizza fueled chat, I've got the next surprise all ready...)

17. - Top - End - #167

Pepperoni and a coke too.

As they settle in to the secluded booth at the back of the Pizza Parlor, Bastion looks at his two new “Bandmates”. He knew something was happening, it always did around him. He was not sure why but he seemed to be a magnet for supernatural trouble.

He just was not sure if these two were the trouble or were caught up in it too… No, she was a slayer right? And he was tangling with vampires before Bastion had even met him. They seemed pretty clueless for people as involved as they apparently were, however.

So... what do you two know about magic?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna gives a wry smile. "Uhm....They teach it at Hogwarts?"

19. - Top - End - #169

Harry
    With a bite of El Diablo pizza in his mouth, Harry Laughed, and half choked to death.

'I know there are things in this world I don't understand, but why Say magic?'

'You can't mean that those... the people... uh....

Harry redens a little and lowers his voice.

'The people who I pushed off the boat. They survied because their what? Wizards?'
    Last edited by Adlan; 2007-08-13 at 03:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

No… they survived because they are human corpses animated by demonic spirit creatures, also known vampires. When I spoke about magic, I meant all of the stuff that goes bump in the night, the things you do not hear about on the evening news…

Hmm, I am guessing you don’t then. Well, you are in the middle of it now.
    He looks at Jenna. I think you are probably a Slayer. Those vampires seemed to think so anyway and I would suppose that they have a pretty good feeling for that.

Now a magician probably would have drowned if you pushed him into the ocean, if he could not swim to the shore anyway. At least, I know I would have.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna stares at Bastion. "A slayer? Well, that sounds charming...Or rather, ominous...I'm guessing this slayage has nothing to do with being a killer on stage...And you're a magician, or a wizard. And Harry fought those...things...before, throwing them overboard. You call them vampires, so I'm guessing they've got special powers and stuff, superstrength and all that, so what does that make him? A slayer or a wizard? Or maybe a mutant, an x-man..." Jenna can't quite keep a small grin off her face at the end of the sentence. "Sorry...It's just a lot to take in. A guy just turned to dust in front of me, and I feel like I'm on steroids or something."

22. - Top - End - #172

Harry

'Hey, don't look at me. I know it's my fault you got messed up in this, but I'm the normal one here'

He turned to Bastion
    'I am, Arn't I?'

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

Weeeell, I suppose you MIGHT have just taken them by surprise and knocked them overboard. But considering the fact that your average vampire has the reflexes of an alley cat on crystal meth… Bastion shrugs. Who knows, with my luck you are probably some prophesied warrior-king reborn to aid the slayer in her darkest hour. I do know there are two vampires that want to make a lunch of you and that word of a slayer will spread too.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

'Bollocks!'

Harry Sat Back in his Chair.

'So, Whats a Slayer? And whats your luck?'

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna also looks curious to find out what Bastion knows. "Yeah, and who shot the gas tank? A mysterious benefactor? Some hidden mentor? Batman? Robin Hood?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

(I should remind you that the vampires punctured the gas tank, then the 'mysterious benefactor' used it as a place to hang the envelope.)

27. - Top - End - #177

Well, a bat-man is more likely to bite your face off than leave a mysterious note hanging about and if Robin Hood is still around there is a good chance he is a vampire and therefore not really fit for polite company. I thought I may have heard something about Slayers being trained but I can’t really be sure, most of what I have heard is third-hand, at best.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna shakes her head to herself. "What are these slayers you're talking about? And why would a trainor just leave a mysterious note in stead of coming to talk to us?" She grips her glass of coke, still quite upset after tonight's incident, and lets out a small yelp when the glass shatters in her grasp.

29. - Top - End - #179

Harry grabs here hand as she smashes the glass, and opens here palm. Luckily there was no glass embedded in it, only a long gash across her hand.

'I think that means you're the slayer, I'd have trouble doing that if I ment to' He mutterd to here in a hushed whisper.

He gave her some napkins from the box of them in the middle of the table, and began to mop up and gather up the glass as one of the staff came over to investigate.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Jenna presses the napkins against the gash, chewing her lip as she watches the pieces of broken glass on the table. Looking from Harry to Bastion, she whispers:"What's happening to me? This morning I had trouble opening a jar of jam..."