New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Will Save World for Gold

So that closes the curtains for Carkun. I have to say, the page that ended with him saying he's going to die doing what he loves was amazing.

And I think Ardon is currently running for the hills, thinking that his party is dead by now

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

I think Ardon is usually too smart to remove himself from the powerful group of people with a vested interest in protecting him. At least now that they have the advantage.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

This battle's practically running on a script, which Ardon wrote, and he wrote that script all the way through to a victorious end. He might be uncertain about his party's ability to pull it off, but he's in the best position of anyone to know the odds and he's very confident in his own planning ability. I really doubt Ardon will actually be surprised by them winning, and he's realized that sticking together gives him the best protection he's likely to find.

Ardon might be hiding out to prevent any possibility of confusing him with his impostor, but I expect he'll be on hand to claim credit for the victory (with actually pretty good justification) the moment he thinks it's safe. He might even crash the battle, having just waited to be sure his support is all there first.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    This battle's practically running on a script, which Ardon wrote, and he wrote that script all the way through to a victorious end. He might be uncertain about his party's ability to pull it off, but he's in the best position of anyone to know the odds and he's very confident in his own planning ability. I really doubt Ardon will actually be surprised by them winning, and he's realized that sticking together gives him the best protection he's likely to find.

Ardon might be hiding out to prevent any possibility of confusing him with his impostor, but I expect he'll be on hand to claim credit for the victory (with actually pretty good justification) the moment he thinks it's safe. He might even crash the battle, having just waited to be sure his support is all there first.
    You don't think Ardon is the 'imposter'?
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

So what was the most damage we have ever seen from a single attack in the comic (not counting scenarios where the opponent is pushed off something to fall)? Forty-five did 39 but was there a more damaging attack somewhere.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    So what was the most damage we have ever seen from a single attack in the comic (not counting scenarios where the opponent is pushed off something to fall)? Forty-five did 39 but was there a more damaging attack somewhere.
    I recall some in the 40s, but I don't think there've been any in the 50s or higher.

7. - Top - End - #97

Ardon's elaborate explosion gambit hit Archwarlock Maloysius Dire (krackaboom) for 49. I think that's the highest single hit so far. The total damage from taking off the green dragon's anti-trap amulet was higher, but came from five separate hits each individually lower.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardon's elaborate explosion gambit hit Archwarlock Maloysius Dire (krackaboom) for 49. I think that's the highest single hit so far. The total damage from taking off the green dragon's anti-trap amulet was higher, but came from five separate hits each individually lower.
    Ok, ignoring the green dragon as that seemed to come from five different traps we currently have a record of 49 damage. Incidentally, I like how the Archwarlock crit for 30 and now what 4 days (?) later fortyfive did 39 with out a crit. Obviously, the warlock probably had powers not really focused on blasting (Or required too much time for him to use and still run away) but it is kind of funny how much less damage the Archwarlock did compared to fortyfive.

Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

...it is kind of funny how much less damage the Archwarlock did compared to fortyfive.
    A barbarian level 5 or higher with a 2d6 damage weapon and no other major fights coming up before bedtime can do truly beautiful things.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    A barbarian level 5 or higher with a 2d6 damage weapon and no other major fights coming up before bedtime can do truly beautiful things.
    It is about as much damage as a pathfinder magus (More damage than the Magus if that was average but the Magus probably has a much better chance to crit). Magus are truly brutal when it comes to damage.

So, I don't play 4e and don't recognize powers and what not. Was that a daily power or was it something else that can be used multiple times?

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

So, I don't play 4e and don't recognize powers and what not. Was that a daily power or was it something else that can be used multiple times?
    Barbarian once-per-day powers are called rages. They're attacks that do moderate/high damage and give some sort of lasting benefit for the rest of the combat. If a barbarian has already used one and has another still available, they can burn one of those daily powers to use Rage Strike instead. It doesn't have any lasting bonus or special effect or any of that fancy stuff, but the damage is ridiculous.

A 6th level character like Fortyfive only has two daily powers, meaning he has to use both in the same encounter to use Rage Strike.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Specifically at 5th/6th level it deals (4 x Weapon) + modifiers, so if he's using a 2d6 weapon that'd be 28 average before modifiers so this would be a slightly above average one (though maul might have a thing where it re-rolls ones and increase the average to ~32 before Str, feats, and magic weapon, making this an average one). For comparison, an encounter power for a 23rd level barbarian deals the same base damage (that from Str, feats, and weapon will increase slightly) with a 1 round debuff.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

13. - Top - End - #103

...Well of course Ardon would fight the toughest opponent by himself. Or maybe he just doesn't want his party hearing what Torrin might start saying if he starts losing.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

14. - Top - End - #104

BarbarianGuy

Drawing all that eyebrow movement must be exhausting.
    The Giant

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

He might even crash the battle, having just waited to be sure his support is all there first.
    Victory involves removing his brother's willingness or ability to harm his companions. Toward that end, the plan involved the destruction or capture of his brother's agents.

Torrin and his remaining hench-Xivart remain at large. Ardon's playing to win, so I expect he's going to be attempting something in the way of killing the last henchman. Ardon might be doing the selfless thing and going back to his family to get his brother to call off his vendetta. That'd be poignant, but not terribly funny.

What would be funny? Ardon's actions being the only part of his plan to fail because he overestimated himself. That's what I'm guessing has happened.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Crazy tin-foil hat theory that I don't really believe myself but want to call anyways in the .5% chance (and even that may be a generous exaggeration) that its right: That's not Chandea currently in the green mask, but Ardon in disguise.

17. - Top - End - #107

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Crazy tin-foil hat theory that I don't really believe myself but want to call anyways in the .5% chance (and even that may be a generous exaggeration) that its right: That's not Chandea currently in the green mask, but Ardon in disguise.
    They have mentioned quite a few times that he can pass as a woman...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    They have mentioned quite a few times that he can pass as a woman...
    When would he have used how to use a bow that well though? I think they missed exactly once (Against Carkun who may have just used an ability to block), is capable of firing 4 times in a round (A daily power thing? Again don't know how common of an ability that is) and did 11, 18, 14, 7, 10, 12 and 3 (That was a strange one. Again don't know how damage is calculated but compared to other damage it seems like it is decent damage.). That seems to suggest they are using a weapon they are extremely good with and I can't imagine Ardon holding out that he was that good with a bow for that long.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2016-03-02 at 05:51 PM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

So just posting this so I can say I called it. Ardon's brother isn't alone. Manwell or whatever the name of the blue thing is hasn't be accounted for. From the number of poisoned things that were set up it seems likely he is rogue with poison use (if that is still a thing in 4e) or an assassin.

Show

20. - Top - End - #110

PirateCaptain

So just posting this so I can say I called it. Ardon's brother isn't alone. Manwell or whatever the name of the blue thing is hasn't be accounted for. From the number of poisoned things that were set up it seems likely he is rogue with poison use (if that is still a thing in 4e) or an assassin.
    Also remember that radio transmitter Torrin had built. Could be to call in reinforcements.

21. - Top - End - #111

Ardon has way too much fun being a walking nightmare bomb.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Ardon has way too much fun being a walking nightmare bomb.
    Reminds me of his confrontation with Dire.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

It's going to get thwarted this time around.
    Useless arcane powers are better than no arcane powers!

Avatar mercifully granted by Threeshades

24. - Top - End - #114

BarbarianGuy

Niiiiiiiice!
    The Giant

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

can't unsummon the truth!!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

... Well done Ardon... Well done.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

PirateCaptain

Wait, so the cannister contained Torrin's head and a bomb? Then why did Ardon spend all that time arguing with the Nightmare Spirit about whether or not to keep him alive? I'm missing something obvious again, aren't I?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    ... Well done Ardon... Well done.
    Probably not well done though. He gave into the nightmare spirit, murdered his brother (Unless he did some weird things to make a fake head) and killed who knows how many innocent people to slightly delay anyone following and to instill fear into others. To put it another way he literally brought a bomb into that worlds version of an airport for the purpose of making them afraid of him. It couldn't even be argued that he did it solely to delay pursuit because he could just as easily been placed on that side of the portal and didn't need to include the head. Ardon was making a statement by putting his Brother's head into the device, making it into a bomb and sticking it through the portal though. The statement is that he will kill anyone in his way and he doesn't care who he kills to get what he wants. In other words Ardon became a terrorist (on top of the mass murderer he already was).

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Wait, so the cannister contained Torrin's head and a bomb? Then why did Ardon spend all that time arguing with the Nightmare Spirit about whether or not to keep him alive? I'm missing something obvious again, aren't I?
    Ardon did that after we last saw him (and after the argument. The Nightmare spirit was laughing because it had won the argument). That is presumably why he told Manuel to get over there, he had to set up the bomb carefully and Manuel had shown he was good with devices. While Manuel was doing that, he presumably executed his brother and chopped off the head.

Show

30. - Top - End - #120

...maybe he kept rest of his body so he can ressurect him later?
    Spoiler
    Show