Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,176 of 1176
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Will Save World for Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    what do you do when you're playing a game and the same boss, event, or situation has been repeatedly killing you for the past seven hours? You've tried every possible strategy, every outcome, every guide online, you've even tried a few things nobody else thought of, but no matter what you do, you just keep dying. And dying. and dying. Sometimes it's instant, you walk in, and are immediately dead. Sometimes you get SOO CLOSE to overcoming it, only to then be wiped out. No matter what you do, you can NOT beat this obstacle. you can NOT continue the game. you've tried looking for ways around it, another path or an item that you missed, but there isn't any. it's either beat this encounter, or stop playing.

So what do you do?

You stop playing, at least for a little while. Maybe pick up something else instead to help you cool off. Maybe you'll come back with a clear head, maybe you won't come back at all. either way, you're getting out of a stressful situation because it's actively hurting you.
    If other people were actively being hurt because I started playing that game? Then I guess I'd suck it up and power through no matter how bad it sucked. Being a good person isn't about doing what's best for yourself if other people get hurt as a result. El's not some innocent bystander. She's complicit in helping create a situation where other people are dying. She helped the Toaster gather power and resources, and she also walked away when she could have helped Ardon stop him. Now she's still running from the situation and whining that she might have to deal with it one day.
    That's her right to do...but it's not the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2019-04-12 at 03:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

if you look ahead a few pages though, Odie was also knocked out/back during that encounter, and then taken away. Terry wasn't confirmed dead until a page or two later. i should read the page more.

the lightning was bright though and Odie was probably focusing more on Krakaboom then the barkeep. so he might not have noticed.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2019-04-25 at 11:44 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    if you look ahead a few pages though, Odie was also knocked out/back during that encounter, and then taken away. Terry wasn't confirmed dead until a page or two later. i should read the page more.

the lightning was bright though and Odie was probably focusing more on Krakaboom then the barkeep. so he might not have noticed.
    Or he just figured that Terry coming back back to life in a world with resurrection magic isn't that crazy.

Or maybe he thinks they're talking about a different person named Terry.

Or someone pretending to be Terry, hence the air quotes.

Really, there are quite a few explanations Odi could have come up with, so his lack of confusion is not unbelievable.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Or he just figured that Terry coming back back to life in a world with resurrection magic isn't that crazy.

Or maybe he thinks they're talking about a different person named Terry.

Or someone pretending to be Terry, hence the air quotes.

Really, there are quite a few explanations Odi could have come up with, so his lack of confusion is not unbelievable.
    I mean...the first explanation doesn't work because Ell never implied it was crazy. She just said that Terry left town after he got raised and Odie was surprised to learn that Terry died. Which I think also means it doesn't really make sense that he thought she was talking about a different person. I suppose it makes sense that he just didn't realize that Terry died in Dire's attack.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ettin in the Playground

We know he's not good at counting the skull ghosts. I guess he just missed it.