New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [DBitP] Of Gods and Monsters

Happened in the last episode:

The Rebel Alliance has just recovered the last Dragon ball from an Aztec-like culture, having met the demigoddess Luxana and the scions of the god Quetzalcoatl in the process. They have just wished their dead friend Callin Flowers back to life, who died of his disease in the aftermath of a demonically empowered madman. Now, they are each recovering from the stress in their own ways, with Androids 22 and 23 as well as Majin Pokasuu talking to a person who claims to be son of Kami.

((Link to the last IC thread.))
    ((Link to the OOC thread.))
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Of Gods and Monsters

[Outside Spaceship Shenron]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Ah, taking an Owen approach to it eh? Thats cool. Your right. That still happens in my time. Some are hoping to get rid of some of that, but thats mostly theoretical. Well. If you don't count the odd mad scientist kidnapping teenagers and turning them into killing machines for his own revenge, but I'm exception."
    She said, knowing he wouldn't get that reference for centuries, if ever at all.
    Raijin shifts the bandages covering his mouth so he can take a breath from his pipe. He inhales deep, then turns his head away from Android 23 and blows out a few smoke rings. Then, he speaks:

"A crow had built its nest on a small island. One day, the forest on the island caught flame. The crow picked its chick and began carrying it over the water. On the way, the crow asked: 'When I am old and frail, will you carry me like this?' The chick replied: 'Of course I will, dear mother!' "

"The crow dropped the chick in the lake and flew back. It picked up another and began carrying it over the water. Again it asked: 'When I am old and frai, will you carry me like this?' The second chick replied: 'Sure thing, beloved mother!' "

"Again, the crow dropped the chick in the lake and flew back. It picked up its last chick and began carrying it over the water. Again, it asked: 'When I am old and frail, will you carry me like this?' "

"The last chick said: 'No, for I will have my own children to carry!' And this chick the mother crow carried to the shore."

Raijin falls silent for a moment and takes another breath from his pipe. Then, he continues. "Even in your time, people still toil to make a living. But as they age, they grow weak of mind and body. They pass a point where they cease to be of use and become a burden. At that time, those under their care have to ask: will they use their own limited time and effort to support those with no future, or will they instead focus on those who are the future? Those who choose poorly are as good as dead and leave no legacy save for the lesson they can teach to those who remain."

"Is this or is this not true?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "'Unless, of course, your "Doctor" simply doesn't know how time works,'" Starlight parroted in the most condescending voice she could manage. "How is that not passive-aggressive?! In fact, I can't think of a single pony I've mentioned from my world that you haven't indirectly insulted. Anyhoof, I don't know. All I know is that the Doctor made it, and he knows more about time magic than I do (despite my best efforts)."
    ...I'm sorry.

Oxy gets up and turns to leave.

So Kami is a social durwoodiest?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...I'm sorry.

Oxy gets up and turns to leave.
    Starlight took a deep breath. "It's okay," she said. "It's just ... been a long day, and I'm a bit frayed."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Raijin falls silent for a moment and takes another breath from his pipe. Then, he continues. "Even in your time, people still toil to make a living. But as they age, they grow weak of mind and body. They pass a point where they cease to be of use and become a burden. At that time, those under their care have to ask: will they use their own limited time and effort to support those with no future, or will they instead focus on those who are the future? Those who choose poorly are as good as dead and leave no legacy save for the lesson they can teach to those who remain."

"Is this or is this not true?"
    "Well in my time we do just leave old people at retirement homes so that nurses can take care of them in their waning years while the family takes care of its children, so I guess your right. Its still no excuse for that bird to throw them away instead of you know, just a good whap on the head and saying "no you take of your children idiot" unless that story is purely hypothetical and I'm just being overly.....whats the word....mis-interpretive or whatever."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #6

Starlight took a deep breath. "It's okay," she said. "It's just ... been a long day, and I'm a bit frayed."
    Understandable. I'll leave you to rest.

Oxy leaves.

It is at this point that Oxy notices the new god like power level, and he ponders whether or not he should got to confront it.

Outside, Ieez shifts back into his true form and sit,s, resuming his enrgy control training.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

[Outside spaceship Shenron]

Raijin lowers his pipe and gives Pokasuu a blank stare. Whatever "durwoodiest" means, it's not part of his vocabulary. Then he refocuses on 23. "Overly literal is probably what you're after. But based on your words, there's more to it than that. If your people can afford servants to take care of the elderly, they must be very rich. Most people are not."

"In these parts, if it looks like a winter will be particularly bad, those frail of old age climb on the mountains and sing their own funeral song till they starve. The sick are sent to isolation so they won't infect anyone else. Infants born during bad times are abandoned to the woods to be killed by the cold. This is done, because one excess mouth to feed can make the difference between all surviving, or none surviving."

"I've heard that far to the South from here, even healthy people volunteer to be sacrificed to their gods if they can guarantee a living to their families that way. Their priests gather taxes from those well off and redistribute them to the families of the slain. It's a manner of keeping balance in a land which does not surrender its gifts easily."

Raijin blows a circle of smoke above his head.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Que and zoyl look up again.
    "Ah so you have heard of our civilization?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside spaceship Shenron]

Raijin lowers his pipe and gives Pokasuu a blank stare. Whatever "durwoodiest" means, it's not part of his vocabulary. Then he refocuses on 23. "Overly literal is probably what you're after. But based on your words, there's more to it than that. If your people can afford servants to take care of the elderly, they must be very rich. Most people are not."

"In these parts, if it looks like a winter will be particularly bad, those frail of old age climb on the mountains and sing their own funeral song till they starve. The sick are sent to isolation so they won't infect anyone else. Infants born during bad times are abandoned to the woods to be killed by the cold. This is done, because one excess mouth to feed can make the difference between all surviving, or none surviving."

"I've heard that far to the South from here, even healthy people volunteer to be sacrificed to their gods if they can guarantee a living to their families that way. Their priests gather taxes from those well off and redistribute them to the families of the slain. It's a manner of keeping balance in a land which does not surrender its gifts easily."

Raijin blows a circle of smoke above his head.
    "Yeah. I know this time doesn't follow our ways. Compared to this time, people where I'm from are very rich indeed, I've heard some say that in my time the average person would have enough things to be considered kings. I'm not planning on making it my home, right 22?"
    "Yeah, we cannot live in a world like this. It may be our past but...its not our home. We're planning to go to an alien planet actually, rich like the time we left. I may like life and saving everyone but....we can't just go around changing peoples lives because we think they're wrong either when this is all they know"
    "Especially since we don't have alternate solutions to the problems they face. Even TTGL had that one episode where this village could only support 50 people at a time, so when a baby was born.....two orphan children had to be thrown out. Until we have actual methods and ways to make their lives better in a manner that will actually work, its best that we focus on rebuilding our own lives..."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Raijin glances at the twin serpents. "Maybe, maybe not. I don't know enough to say for sure."

11. - Top - End - #11

"Yeah. I know this time doesn't follow our ways. Compared to this time, people where I'm from are very rich indeed, I've heard some say that in my time the average person would have enough things to be considered kings. I'm not planning on making it my home, right 22?"
    "Yeah, we cannot live in a world like this. It may be our past but...its not our home. We're planning to go to an alien planet actually, rich like the time we left. I may like life and saving everyone but....we can't just go around changing peoples lives because we think they're wrong either when this is all they know"
    "Especially since we don't have alternate solutions to the problems they face. Even TTGL had that one episode where this village could only support 50 people at a time, so when a baby was born.....two orphan children had to be thrown out. Until we have actual methods and ways to make their lives better in a manner that will actually work, its best that we focus on rebuilding our own lives..."
    Couldn't we like, just use the dragon thingies to wish for stuff you could use to modernize this world, then take the planet over via peaceful means?

Oxy's left the ship, but is still on the ground, observing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Couldn't we like, just use the dragon thingies to wish for stuff you could use to modernize this world, then take the planet over via peaceful means?

Oxy's left the ship, but is still on the ground, observing.
    "Ok, let me explain how complicated this is to you:

I like technology yes, I like science yes, I like progress yes, but all those things plus human social world equals so many potential catastrophes in the making that we cannot predict what would happen if we introduced all this early. Give people mobile phones and they might use them to coordinate military attacks on their enemies. give them flying cars and they might use them to one up cavalry, give them internet and all the knowledge with it and they might find out all sorts of things to use their own selfish advantage and screw everything up, and thats all if we don't introduce things like guns which can kill any ki-less person instantly."

"Not to mention how people would react if they ever found about nuclear weapons. Ki users can already destroy cities, we don't need non-ki methods of doing so."
    22 shivers at that.
    "Or hell, give them capsules and they could store all sorts of dangerous things as a way of hiding them then just throw the capsule out and suddenly you've snuck a bunch of bombs right past security. the normal industrial revolution was society-upheaving enough, you don't want to be here when someone suddenly decides to introduce a whole bunch of new tech at once that people are not used to seeing that then proceeds to change everything about how society works, while introducing information that probably goes against much of what they believe. I mean imagine if Raijin here was told about how smoking over time causes cancer in mortals at the least, so I declined on scientifically sound health reasons because cancer can kill, no you wait you don't, because I just told you right now."
    She said while waiting for how he'd react.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The serpents simply tail slap themselves for the andriods words.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Understandable. I'll leave you to rest.

Oxy leaves.

It is at this point that Oxy notices the new god like power level, and he ponders whether or not he should got to confront it.

Outside, Ieez shifts back into his true form and sit,s, resuming his enrgy control training.
    "....Yeah, good idea, thanks," she said. After Oxy left, she levitated a quill and scroll out of her bag and began to write.

Dear Princess Celestia,

It has been an eventful day. I found the source of the temporal disturbance far quicker than I anticipated. Based on my limited knowledge of time travel, I have concluded that the use of an experimental time machine has resulted in our taking a divergent timeline. This timeline has been manipulated by magic as well, due to the arrival of several beings from the future via a time rift. So far, the changes caused to the timeline via magic have not been enough to raise the divergence meter past 0.400000, however I am keeping an eye on things as ordered. My initial profiles on the four time travelers are included, but in brief, of the three who arrived by magic, two seem to want to simply live in peace and the third seems content to follow the group. Thus far, none of the travelers appear to constitute a threat to the timeline or to Equestrian society, although the far-reaching effects of their presence is yet to be known. I will notify you immediately of any new developments.

Your faithful subject,
    Special Agent Starlight Shimmer

P.S.: I have included a note for The Doctor requesting further reading on the subject of time travel. Particularly, if this is a divergent timeline, shouldn't the divergence meter be off the charts?

Standing up from her bed, Starlight shuffled the rest of her notes in with her letter and placed it on the table. Then, getting an idea, she went to find one of the androids.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2015-09-12 at 12:01 AM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Aspa and Callins stir for a moment, as they shift in their sleep. Neither stopped holding the other, but they seemed happy from what anyone who could watch would tell.

The serpents, slither past Oxy back inside the ship. They talk to themselves but they are loud enough to be heard by Oxy.

"Interesting events about to be unfolded."
    "oh most certainly, I wonder when that army will show up."
    "Who knows not like we will fight them"
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-09-11 at 10:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Oxy briefly wonders what the hell the snakes are talking about, then decides screw it and casually levitates up to 23 and Kami's brat.

So, who is this?

Meanwhile, Pokasuu got bored and wandered off shortly after 23's rant on why rapidly modernizing the world would be bad.

she's gone back to the ground, and is now trying to play an instrumental version of "I am a member of the midnight crew" on her tambourine. It's not very good.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Oxy briefly wonders what the hell the snakes are talking about, then decides screw it and casually levitates up to 23 and Kami's brat.

So, who is this?

Meanwhile, Pokasuu got bored and wandered off shortly after 23's rant on why rapidly modernizing the world would be bad.

she's gone back to the ground, and is now trying to play an instrumental version of "I am a member of the midnight crew" on her tambourine. It's not very good.
    While looking for the androids, Starlight stumbled across Pokasuu.

"Oh, hey Pokasuu," she said. "....Hey, you're from the future, right?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

So, who is this?

Hey no, it wasn't a rant. It was a calm explanation. Ranting from 23 would contain more exclamation points and insults.
    "Oxyribo, this is Raijin, God of The Eastern Skies. He is Kami's son and is also FRIENDLY and doesn't want to fight us. He came looking for his son name Raiju, who blew himself up before you arrived in this timeline, but not before I arrived. He knows we tried to attack his father and he doesn't seem to care. So be respectful, I don't want us ticking off a second god.

Raijin this is Oxyribo, new god-king of Telgana now known as Oxy City, and bio-engineered bug super-soldier dedicated to being "perfect", yet lacks any social skills whatsoever. Please don't attack him just for being uncouth or whatever, he was literally raised in a lab without any proper culture or participation in normal society.

You two break out into fight? I will face palm and go find a beach to sit quietly and wonder "why me?" for a few long hours. And trust me. No one wants that happening."

She said, calmly and snarkily introducing them to each other.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Oxy doesn't need to levitate, Raijin and 23 are already standing on the ground. At the mention of tobacco causing cancer, Raijin laughs, extinquishes his pipe and sits on a nearby rock.

"I have lived for more than four centuries, young lady. I don't know what exactly you refer by 'cancer', but I have seen how old people grow short of breath as their lungs blacken and fill with liquid. Some of us just feel that a bit of relaxation now and then is worth it. No-one lives forever, after all. Better a short and happy life, than a long one that's a drudge."

He stands up to give Oxy a small bow as the bug is introduced, then sits again.

"I do not consider myself a god. Ordinary people may call me one, but under the heavens there really is just one person who can hold claim to such a title. For the same reason, I suggest your friend not call himself such." Raijin nods towards Oxy. "It's a word laden with many strange meanings and will give people funny ideas. Some might even go to war with your people for such, seeing it as blasphemy."

Raijin empties his pipe and puts it back inside his cloak. "Now, young lady, I'm intrigued by all these strange inventions you speak of. I'm not sure if I agree with you on it being a bad idea. It would cause turmoil, yes, but the world is always in turmoil. Or at least has been as long as there have been humans."

"But the method confuses me. Your blue friend implied you could just wish these things to existence while giving nothing in return. But even if you can do that, how many wishes would that take? In tales of genies of faraway lands, only a few such wishes are given. Wishing for the betterment of mankind is noble, but if you truly come from the future, many of the things you speak will, or at least can, come to existence on their own. I suggest you spare your wishes for something which is truly unattainable otherwise."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"But the method confuses me. Your blue friend implied you could just wish these things to existence while giving nothing in return. But even if you can do that, how many wishes would that take? In tales of genies of faraway lands, only a few such wishes are given. Wishing for the betterment of mankind is noble, but if you truly come from the future, many of the things you speak will, or at least can, come to existence on their own. I suggest you spare your wishes for something which is truly unattainable otherwise."[/color]
    23 mentally curses Pokasuu and her loose mouth and the fact that her naivety would never allow her to keep a freaking secret.
    "Yeah we have these things called Dragon Balls. they can grant three wishes, once a year. Thats what she meant. She really isn't supposed to talk about it to strangers. But yeah wishing for tech people will already get someday was never the plan to begin with.

as for the world being in turmoil....well yeah, you could say that. But fighting bad guys and changing lives for the better are two different things, the latter requires some thought, like, who will be responsible for what and who to trust and so on. Sure, things might sort themselves out in the long run maybe but....the phrase "acceptable losses" is pretty much how every well-intentioned villain gets started. Sure I could drop in all the tech I like, let chaos reign until everything settles down, but then I'll pretty much be the proverbial Prometheus opening Pandora's Box and unleashing a thousand bad things just to get knowledge and fire y'know? I mean sure, good things, but....I'll also be responsible for all the bad things that come of it.

How many lives would be lost for the sake of my own desire to have a more familiar Earth? How many cultures would die? Hey 22 do you want to be responsible for what will probably be global war and massive amounts of death?"

"No not really, ends do not justify the means and all that, especially since it will happen anyways without our intervention! Why speed it up? I mean, we don't mean to be elves going "your are not yet ready" or anything like that, but we've read history about people who get superior tech and go around forcing that on others to the detriment of everyone but the forcers! Those people? Are the ones with the highest tech NOW. What will make us any better or different if we start introducing tech without any thought or consideration as to the consequences? Just because you THINK your in the right, doesn't mean you ARE. So no, we're probably going to think this through about whether to do it- and if we do it, how. On our own time. It would be irresponsible to not think of how to do this with minimal problems!"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"I believe I said no-one lives forever?", Raijin says and stands up. "In a century, nearly everyone you could've killed will be dead anyway - and the same is true of nearly everyone you could've saved. In a thousand years, the same will be true of nations."

He looks 22 and 23 in their eyes. "There exists an interpretation of the tale of the crow which can't be made of the version in your book: namely, that the mother crow only had strength to carry one chick to safety."

"My father once told me a dozen people die every second. He also said he could help any one of them - but only one. And he asked me: how many people had died, people he could've saved, in the time it took him to tell me that."

"Losses will always happen. If you can't accept them, your life will be bleak - the bleaker the more power you have. Please consider that."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"....If thats the case, ok, we'll give it consideration. But if humanity fails to grasp the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction and uses nukes to wipe each other out until there is nothing but a post-apocalyptic wasteland, don't say I didn't warn you.

And really, there are probably more victims of Hailing out there right now, suffering, and we're simply not strong enough to do anything about them. We will simply have to accept that all those people will be lost as we train to defeat him anyways."

She sighs. 23 can already tell that this was not going to bode well for her, any she went about it. She felt for a moment, that she was staring into the abyss, as if gazing into a darkness filled with all the wrong choices, unnecessary sacrifices and lives that will be lost. She knew that it stared back, waiting.

She then look at 22. The one who gave her hope. The one who kept her in check. The one who told her she was not just some random worthless nobody. The first person to care. 23's gaze then became steel and hardened determination. If darkness happened no matter what she did, then so be it, she would make whatever light she could. Even if she had to kindle it with cold unflinching pragmatism.
    "Hm? 23, you have a strange look about you, is there something wrong?"
    23 smiles.
    "...No. Nothing at all. How about we MST the Book of God some more?"

(OOC: Unless there is something else someone would like to talk to the Androids about, I will be ending it off there to transition to the timeskip)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Raijin shrugs. "If mankind is so foolish, it is better off dead." Then, he turns towards Oxy and the serpents.

"Now, do the lady and you gentlemen have anything you wish to say?"

24. - Top - End - #24

While looking for the androids, Starlight stumbled across Pokasuu.

"Oh, hey Pokasuu," she said. "....Hey, you're from the future, right?"
    I'm a night owl and a-Oh, yes, from the future.
    "I do not consider myself a god. Ordinary people may call me one, but under the heavens there really is just one person who can hold claim to such a title. For the same reason, I suggest your friend not call himself such." Raijin nods towards Oxy. "It's a word laden with many strange meanings and will give people funny ideas. Some might even go to war with your people for such, seeing it as blasphemy."
    Well, should that happen, I will merely have to demonstrate my considerable power and hope it's enough to conince them of my "Divinity." before any losses to my people occur.

Of course, I intend to be a god in truth someday, so hopefully by then I won't need to fake anything,vut until then, I am responsible for the miraculous resurrection of two city's worth of people killed by a demon attack, so... Yeah, I think I've got enough cred to keep it up in the interim.

And for the record, there are hundreds of true gods-Planetary Kami's, lesser deities, King Yemma, the stellar kaio, the directional kaio, the Kaioshin, the Kaioshin of Time, Beerus the Destroyer... No offence, but in the Godly Feudal system, your Father is basically a serf, and not a good one.

23 mentally curses Pokasuu and her loose mouth and the fact that her naivety would never allow her to keep a freaking secret.
    [COLOR="#66cc66"]"Yeah we have these things called Dragon Balls. they can grant three wishes, once a year. Thats what she meant. She really isn't supposed to talk about it to strangers. But yeah wishing for tech people will already get someday was never the plan to begin with.[/COLOR
    I'm responsible for the current set
    Raijin shrugs. "If mankind is so foolish, it is better off dead." Then, he turns towards Oxy and the serpents.

"Now, do the lady and you gentlemen have anything you wish to say?"
    Well, the lady seems to be preoccupied by talking to the magic talking horse, and the "other gentle men" kind of left, so...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Telepathy to Raijin.

"Excuse us for our departure. We still have a duty and promise to up hold, and we were glad to have made your acquaintance Raijin. May our next meeting be on such good circumstances as this one."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

With the serpents not physically present, Raijin adresses them mentally. "Fair enough. Have a pleasant day." Then he crosses his arms and looks at Oxy.

"You must have a funny view of the Heavens. Sure, other gods exist, but they're up there, not down here. And I feel you overestimate their power over him. A long time has passed since my father talked to me of how things work outside the bounds of this world, but if I recall right, the gods of planets and stars are not serfs - they are like sovereigns of foreign nations who pay fealty to an emperor. And that fealty is often nominal at best. I have never seen what kind of beings my father answers to nor have I ever heard of them interfering with his actions. What they give to and require of him, if anything, is very obscure, as is what he gives to and requires of them. I find it possible that if he chose to cease answering to them one day, it would not affect his station much at all."

27. - Top - End - #27

Why don't you go and ask your father exactly how much influence the other gods have over his domain. He's currently trapped in an anti-gravity field placed by the Kai of the Sun, the god in charge of the sun and the planets that revolve around it, and was floating over the Ande's mountain before his power level became too low for me to sense at this distance.

Besides, last time I checked, Kaioshin ruled the entire Universe-otherworld, and the mortal universe.

This planet is part of the mortal universe.

Your father isn't the ruler of some sovereign nation, he's the overseer and guardian of a back water planet on Kaioshin's property, and the only reason he's in charge of this planet is because this planet ins't important enough for his superiors in the celestial bureaucracy to notice that he's not actually doing his job very well.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a night owl and a-Oh, yes, from the future.
    "So, what exactly do you plan to do? Do you want to try to get back home, or ... or what?" Starlight asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Pokasuu shrugs.

We lost the war, so it's not like there's much home to go back to.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

"I do not think you understand the claim you're making", Raijin remarks, "because by that logic, humans of Earth are nothing but serfs to my father just as you claim him to be a serf to some distant heavenly ruler. Indeed, if we follow your reasoning to its end, no mortal has ever owned a thing and they are nothing but playthings of the gods. It raises a question: when you say you want to become a god, what, exactly do you want to be?"