New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Of Gods and Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Starlight bit her lip. "Seems a little arrogant," she admitted. "But, if you say...."

Turning around, she walked towards the forest to clear her mind.
    They watched her go.
    "Think she will be alright?"
    "Hopefully. I just had to make the point that we're not going drop everything just for one person waving a time scanner at us. With things like this, you got to be a bit stubborn to see your goals through. Come on, we have a book to MST."
    They then went back to the Book of God.

(OOC: aaaand unless there are any other vignettes that require me, I'm finished up for now.)
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

[Excerpt from Book of God]

A man walked through the streets. He saw three dogs lying in the sun, panting. Their bones were showing, so the man thought they must've not have food in a while. He felt sorry for the dogs and decided to give some of his meal to them.

That's when he noticed an old man resting in the shade of an apple tree. The old man looked at him and said: "I know what you're thinking. You shouldn't do that."

It seemed like an odd warning, so the man paid it no heed. He took a strip of meat and threw it to the dogs. The dogs rose up and started fighting over it. The man, not liking this, dug out three more pieces of meat and gave each dog their own. "Now now, girls, don't fight. There's enough for everyone."

Thinking he had done a good deed, the man turned to leave, but soon noticed the dogs following him. "Sorry, I don't have any more food for you." But the dogs kept following him, and after a while, they started looking hungry again. The man got nervous and broke into a run. The dogs, agitated, chased after him, and he had to climb up a tree to flee from them. The dogs snarled and barked below as he hung up there.

That's when the old man arrived and chased the dogs away with his cane. "See? I said you shouldn't do that."

The man climbed down from the tree and bowed. "You are right, I should've listened to you. Thank you for saving me, I thought I'd have to stay there for all night! But why are those dogs so vicious?"

The old man explained: "In their past lifes, they were three wives, wedded to the same man. They always fought with each other about who the man loved the most, and when he tried to get between them, they decided it was he who was to blame."

The man thought about this, then placed a hand on the old man's shoulder and said: "I am so sorry."

The old man laughed: "Don't be. At least now when I chase them away with my cane, everyone understands why."

---

[Kami's Lookout]

Kami's face darkens. "Maybe, but if you know the whole story, then you also know the adults got freaking mad. People were in awe of me before that point, but that's when I decided to become the bogeyman on the mountain rather than live among them.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

I am not talking about your stories. I am talking about the now. Just before with the villagers that you returned home. The little girl who was taking care of the senzu she did not seem to fear you. The adults even seemed calmer when you talked to her.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami snorts. "What about her? Kids don't always fear me like adults would, but that's because they're, well, kids." Kami finishes his coffee and throws the cup down from the edge. "There were three others, who sneaked into my palace. I could still say they feared me, but it was in the same way they would fear the seeker in hide-and-seek. It was all a game to them. But one day, they'll have to grow into adults and realize the world's not a game, and sneaking into the house of someone who could kill them by breathing too hard is not a smart thing to do." Kami sighs.

"Two or three hundred years, I forget exactly how much. That's how long I spend at the foot of that mountain. There were a lot more people like those kids back then. People came to me with all these quirky little problems of theirs, and I did my best to help them. Fixed houses, tilled the fields, healed the sick, taught them how to use the wheel and iron tools, stuff like that. I do miss those times, occasionally. But there's no going back to that. Not here, at least. Though... when I was trekking through the Andies, making my way there... there are some pretty funny people living there. They have this mountain-range-spanning empire thing going on. Brought back memories. Maybe I'll return there, some day. But we have more pressing things to do first."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Your right we can talk of Philosophy and Ideals later. Callins then looks to the cup that was thrown over.

Where do we begin?
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-09-15 at 01:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

[Excerpt from Book of God]

A tall and beautiful woman lived in a village not far from here. She always wore the finest of clothes and precious jewelry her many suitors had given her, but she never accepted any of them as her husband.

A strange short man happened to pass through and saw her on the streets. He was smitten by her image and went to find the most beautiful flower he could. He presented it to her and asked for her hand.

The woman sneered at him. "You ask for my hand, yet all you bring is a flower? Any lazy fool could've thought of that! No force in the world can make me marry a lazy man!"

The man thought of her words and climbed to the slope of a great mountain to paint a picture of the sunset. Next day, he presented it to her, and again asked her for hand. The woman looked upon his work, and could not deny it had taken great effort to make. Yet, again she sneered at him. "All that work, just for a painting? When winter comes, what I'm supposed to do with it? Eat the canvas? Art is no way to bring food to the table! No force in the world can make me marry a poor man!"

The man scratched his head, then went to fetch a pick from his house he had built at the foot of the mountain. He cracked open the veins of Earth and dug out great loads of salt, gold and copper. He hacked down a forest to make him carts to bear all his riches, and made the upturned ground into a field for corn. He then returned to the woman with all this, and asked for her hand for the third time.

But, as she looked at his short frame covered in dirt, she turned her head away. "Ugh, still you hound my step? Do you not understand? I'm tall, beautiful and well-kept. You are short, ugly and muddy. No force in the world can make me marry such uncouth man!"

The man pondered on this and frowned. Then, he broke into the woman's house, gathered all her jewelry and fine clothes in a big pile and started carrying them towards a nearby lake.

"Wait! Stop! What are you doing?", the woman cried and grabbed the man's arm, trying to hold him back. But the man was not swayed from his course and he kept marching towards the lake. As the cliff by the water became visible, the woman grew desperate.

"Please! Not my fine clothes! Not my precious jewels! I will marry you if you want! Just leave my property alone!"

"Thanks, but no thanks", said the man, "no force in the world could make me marry such a dishonest woman." And then he threw the pile of clothes and jewelry into the lake, and they sank to the bottom like a rock.

And so the woman was enlightened.

---

[Kami's Lookout]

Kami gets up with the help of his cane. "Yes. We can talk of those later. But first, I will teach you how to listen. I think you already have some expertise on communicating wordlessly with people? The next step will be to do it effortlessly and without aid. I think you'll find the Philosophy and Ideals of humans will take on a whole different level after that." Kami motions for Callin to get back inside.

"Let's get back to the kitchen. It'll be easier for you to breathe there and you won't be scorched by the sun..."

---

[Inside the Kitchen]

Meanwhile, Raijin has just silently sat opposite to Aspa, observing the Saiyajin woman. Once he hears them coming back, he turns to look at the entrance. "Oh, looks like they're don-" he begins, but his words are cut off by a fit of coughing. It goes on for quite a while, and the bandaged man doubles over as he beats his own chest.

" *Ahem* Excuse me", he apologizes when he finally catches his breath. "I think I'll go outside to catch some fresh air..."

((OOC: I'm good to go for the timeskip now, Cavalier can of course react with Aspa first.))

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Are you sure you are okay? I mean I am no doctor, but that sounded pretty bad for a cough. Aspa got up at his reaction and was quickly by his side.

If you are certain then.

(OOC: I am good to go as well.)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    "Then if you are curious as to what a poison is like we can bite you if you wish. One bite from us won't kill, but it will be painful."
    I'll decline, thank you. Of course it would hurt. Bites from anything powerful enough to pierce flesh often did cause pain.

Anyways back to the beans. It sounds...almost too simple to produce these beans. Simply take reasonably fertile soil, plant one, apply water once, and wait for it to grow after weeks.

If it is not too much trouble I wish to test this out myself.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course." Que floats a bean towards Artic, while Zoyl finds a good plot in the earth planters.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

One Year Skip

Callins was approaching his home for the first time in what felt like a few years to him. He was noticeably older now. Even though his face remained ageless, his body the same, the way he held himself was different. He was not the same Callins from a year ago. His hair was noticeably longer as it hung down to his shoulders. He appeared to not be wearing his armor anymore. He was wearing clothing similar to Kami. A white robe that hung over his body. Another change was unlike before Callins seemed to actually have muscle he seemed to grow stronger while he was away. Though anyone who felt him could tell if anything he was weaker. Almost like his Ki did not exist. The oddest thing was the Nyoi-bo was on Callins back.

Aspa was next to him. She had not changed much. She was still a wild looking woman, who was beside Callins. Her charm was still there, as she despite being wild was just as attractive as ever. She was now it would seem about the same age as Callins at least as appearances were concerned. Her tail was waving freely as she walked beside Callins. She was holding his hand as they walked. Her tail would sometimes sway towards Callins, till they were both home, then it wrapped around him and she ran towards the door. She was waving to the camera above the door.

HEY ANYONE THERE!? Shouted as she was had a wide smile on her face. Callins just had an arm wrapped around Aspa as he waited for a response.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-09-15 at 09:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

[Pluto]
    Far away, Oxy is on Pluto. Freezing his ass off, and cutting an asteroid apart.

He's kind of wishing that he'd brought the pajamas Pokasuu zapped onto him, because god damn it's cold.

But, a deal is a deal. For the trip to other world, Oxy agreed to increase Pluto's mass.

This out to do it.

Oxy levitates, glows blue for a bit, and then-
    [The Shenron]

Pokasuu pokes her head out the door and immediately jumps to glomp Callins and Aspa.

EEE!

Ieez can be seen in the distance, training. His power level feels really low, and he doen'st seem to have aged at all.

-Suddenly Oxy teleports in. He's slightly taller than he was before, and he's holding a staff that looks to me made of steel, though the color is off. The head of the staff is a circle with some sort of Crystal in it, and at the bottom it tappers to a sharp point.

Sup.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

The Shenron

POKASUU!! Aspa yells as she hugs the bubble gum girl. Callins was facing were Oxy would appear when he did.

Hello Oxy, it has been a while. he holds his hand out for a shake.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-09-15 at 10:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Out In The Wasteland
    23 is wearing her Knight of Time outfit. 22 her Sylph of Heart outfit. They were standing in front of a bunch of rocks, while 22 was carrying a golfing bag full of cosplay weaponry.
    "Kay, if we're gonna do this, lets do this right."
    23 focused on her magic, and in a flash of matrix-llike code, sunglasses appeared similar to a certain other Knight of Time's pair in her hand. She put them on.
    "Now I'm like, totally Dave Strider. But female. Watch out 22, its getting all rule 63 up in here."
    "Yup, that right....heheheheh..."
    "Yeah now my expression can match my inner metal: unmoving and emotionless. Caladfwlch, please."
    "You got it!"
    22 pulls out their cosplay Caladfwlch from the golf bag and hands it to 23. They had conjured every single one of these cosplay weapons themselves, as well as the outfits.
    "Test one."
    23 gives it a few practice swings then fills the cosplay weapon with ki then suddenly flash steps forward, blindingly fast. She reappeared on the other side of a rock, and suddenly half the rock slid off and fell from an unseen incredibly sharp cut. 23 just lowers the sword then looks back at the rock, then checks the sword it was fine.
    "Huh, it worked. I guess we CAN use cosplay weapons to fight if we fill them with Ki."
    "oooh! Awesome, do you think we can make some sort of style out of it?"
    "Hm. Maybe. A style based on cosplay. Weird, but that might just fit us."
    She put the cosplay Caladfwlch back in the bag then they both sense something.
    "CALLINS! HE IS HOME!"
    "Heh. Finally. Lets go greet him."
    They then take off, bag of weapons in tow.

Callins Ship.
    The Androids suddenly arrive
    "Ey, whats up Doc? how you doin'. Did Old Man Kami do anything bad to you? Did he touch you in any bad places Callins? Did he hit you with his cane? You gotta speak up about these thing Callins, or we can't help you."
    She says, trying to imitate Dave's sarcastic irony spiel to mess with peoples heads. 22 just rolls her eyes while saying.
    "Hey everyone! We were just doing a thing! I'm assuming that Callins is done with his training for now?"

14. - Top - End - #134

Out of nowhere, a giant man of iron drops down from the sky. The figure was clad from head to toe in bulky, heavy looking armor that, even despite its dull luster, gleamed in the light of the sun. An emotionless helmet with cerulean eyes looked down at Callins. Its identity all but obscured.

Or at least it would be were it not for the four metal horns on the back of the helmet, and the fact that it's occupant's tail was very noticeably covered in thick, scaled plating as well, and the elder Arcosian was already present and accounted for.

Welcome back Callins! Artic's voice sounded out, given a heavy metallic twang when spoken through the suit's speakers. You should've called, we would've had a "Welcome Back" party and everything! His power-level was also significantly, significantly higher than it was previously.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    The Shenron

POKASUU!! Aspa yells as she hugs the bubble gum girl. Callins was facing were Oxy would appear when he did.

Hello Oxy, it has been a while. he holds his hand out for a shake.
    ASPA!!!

Oxy takes Callin's hand.

Yes. Also, for the record, Pluto is ****ing cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    [B]"Hey everyone! We were just doing a thing! I'm assuming that Callins is done with his training for now?"
    Aww!Why didn't you tell me you were doing a thing!? I could have gone with you. I even have my own god tier outfit. I make a darling Page of Life, don't I?

Oxy looks at the caped, hooded Pajamas.

He looks at the golf bag full of fake weapons.

Dare I ask what the"thing" you were doing was?
    You should've called, we would've had a "Welcome Back" party and everything!
    Suddenly, there's a bunch of floating miscellaneous matter, then a flash of pink, and there's floating cake everywhere. It's cakes all the way down. Nobody warned you about those cakes, bro, but if they had, they'd be pointing and saying "I warned you about those cakes, bro. I told you, dog."

Somebody say "party?"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-09-15 at 11:13 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

The Androids flinch a little but recover. After a year they were more used to Pokasuu's antics and are starting to hide their discomfort better. They still had some traumatic stuff with it though. 23 turned to Oxyribo.
    "The thing was just testing out whether these fake weapons could work as real ones if you used ki through them. Turns out yes, they can. Weird. What about you? All that work on Pluto and your still 1600 PL or so. For a so called perfectionist, you've been lazy at powering up over the last year don't you think? I mean me and 22 were learning a whole new way to use ki while learning how to do do Photosynthetic Boost, while still absorbing energy to power ourselves up, and we still had enough time to be bored, conjure up various cosplay stuff and other things to decorate our room, and play Tuffle videogames. What were you doing while that was happening Oxy, making a staff? What is that for, to whack people with? Or are trying to be gandalf now?"
    Meanwhile 22 looks at Artic.
    "Hiiiii Artic! Oh, I just realized: Your like, the Iron Arcosian now! Oh 23, maybe you get a cosplay Captain America Shield. Then I can make a Hammer, Aspa can be She-Hulk and...hm I dunno about who can be the wasp but together will become the Avengers!!"

17. - Top - End - #137

I...don't think there's any technology or individual powerful enough to forge a mjolnir out of Neutronium. Except maybe Lord Beerus but I can't imagine he'd be willing. Artic replied. Over the year he has been able to gain a comprehension of most of the future pop-culture references 23 and 22 are almost constantly referencing. Doesn't mean we can't try, though.

We'll need to be able to withstand gravities at least 10,000,000 times this planet's own if we wanted to get started.

18. - Top - End - #138

...*blink*

Oxy turns to face nothing. Then he holds his staff in front of himself, horizontally, and starts channeling his ki into it. It glows bright white, then he swings it and holy frack that's a lot of fire.

That's what the staff is for. Also, Kaioken X10!

Oxy hold his energy, for just a few moments, just long enough to read the 16,000 PL. Then he powers down, before he can strain himself.

Besides, I've had this staff for months. You have to have seen it once.

I helped him make it!

Also, I was only on Pluto for a few days, to pay back a favor for Sun Kai. Before that, I spent a week in Other World.

By the way, if we ever need to go to other world for any reason, I am now capable of teleporting us to King Yemma's check in station, the Bureau Of Planets And Space, a few points along Snake Way, and the part of Hell where they keep the people who talk in movie theaters.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Callins just looks confused like always when the Androids go into pop culture.
    "Who are the Avengers?"
    Aspa looks up at this.
    "I can answer that! They are a group super heroes who battle evil aliens that attack Earth in the Marvel comics."
    "How do you know that?"
    "I have been spending time with 22 and 23."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"I knew that, I was only teasin'. Jeez Oxy, your so boring to make fun of. Always with being factually correct and no actual good reactions. Your a wisecrackers worst nightmare, you don't give straight lines and you don't have any setting between calm and angry where I can just annoy you endlessly. Might as well crack wise at a brick wall. Dresden has it easy..."
    Meanwhile 22 continued to speak to Artic.
    "Nah I was thinking more of a cosplay hammer myself, besides it'll be effective if we channel ki through it. Wait they actually have a hell for that? I thought that was just a Firefly joke, but apparently not."
    "Well the good news is if they have a hell for that, they probably have a special place for the people who canceled it as well."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kami's Lookout, one year later]

For his part, the old god of Earth hasn't changed a bit, save for sewing himself a new set of clothes. The Lookout has floated away from its normal position and is now hovering above the Andean mountain range. The courtyard is filled with large crates, with something appearing to be parachutes attached to them.

Kami is, at the moment, hauling a small, round table outside. He arranges two chairs around it, then sets two plates and two teacups on it. Last, he fetches a steaming pot of tea and cake from the kitchen, sits on the chair facing east, and pours himself a cup. He takes a sip, then looks at the sun and lifts his cup towards it.

"Yo, Sunny-boy. Tea's ready. Get down here, I have a thing to discuss."

Kami waits to see if the telepathic call reaches its recipient.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Sun Kai
    He descends on a beam of, he largely is unchanged, aside from receiving a slight pay raise for having ten planets now. He walks forward and sits down, pours himself a cup of tea, sips then says:
    "Ey Kami. Whats this all about?"

23. - Top - End - #143

[COLOR="#66cc66"]
    Meanwhile 22 continued to speak to Artic.
    "Nah I was thinking more of a cosplay hammer myself, besides it'll be effective if we channel ki through it. Wait they actually have a hell for that? I thought that was just a Firefly joke, but apparently not."
    Painite! Artic remarked excitedly. Fashion a couple focusing crystals from Painite into a common steel hammer and you could make a weapon worthy of the Norse God of Thunder!

Problem is...painite is insanely rare and valuable.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-09-16 at 12:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Callins smiled at everyone."boy have I missed you all."
    Aspa was looking at Oxy.
    "You know if it was so cold at Pluto then why did you not take the sweater I backed?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Painite! Artic remarked excitedly. Fashion a couple focusing crystals from Painite into a common steel hammer and you could make a weapon worthy of the Norse God of Thunder!

"Oh. I'm guessing there is some weird reason why rare and valuable materials can't be conjured? Because I'm totes getting that vibe from your tone of voice...."

26. - Top - End - #146

"Nah I was thinking more of a cosplay hammer myself
    Don't you have a couple in that bag?
    Spoiler
    Show
    By any chance is there a War Hammer of Zillyhoo in there?

So's Sky Gold. And Katchin. Poka was able to conjure up enough of both for me to make this staff.

Oxy calls Pokasuu Poka now. They've come to be on friendly terms, and Poka seems to be able to calm Oxy down when his temper goes out of control. For some reasons, she keeps talking about diamonds when she does it though. He kind of wishes he could reciprocate, but, well, he still sucks at social stuff and she really doen'st have much of a temper.

The Majin in question is currently stuffing her face with chocolate cake.

Ieez flies over.

He hasn't changed much, over the last year, in looks, but the way he moves, it's like he's trying and succeeding in getting the most effect out of the least amount of effort with moving. His PL is 10. Looks like his training went well.

What's going on?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #147

"Oh. I'm guessing there is some weird reason why rare and valuable materials can't be conjured? Because I'm totes getting that vibe from your tone of voice...."
    Artic shrugs. The movement strangely making little noise despite the armor's bulk. I prefer not to trouble Poka.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

What's going on?
    Callins is back! And Poka's making a cake party!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

22 rustles through the bag pulling one hammer up at a time
    "Oh we have a few....Sulfuras.....Doomhammer.....Warhammer of Zillyhoo....Mario's Ultra Hammer... They're all normal materials made to look like them though, so they're more like cosplay versions of them. I think making ones that are closer to their depictions will require more work though..."
    23 speaks to Ieez.
    "We're just welcoming Callins back. and discussing our fake weapons apparently. By the way, I cut a rock in half with one of them by using ki so....I'm thinking of starting a style based this. I'mma call it....Referential Cosplay Style."
    "Oh, I like the sound of that. Wonder how that would work."
    "I dunno, guess we're gonna have to figure that out as we go along like our sorcery."

29. - Top - End - #149

Artic shrugs. The movement strangely making little noise despite the armor's bulk. I prefer not to trouble Poka.
    Oh, it's no trouble. At least, it wouldn't be if I knew what thw heck those were.

Callins is back! And Poka's making a cake party!
    ...Okay then.
    22 rustles through the bag pulling one hammer up at a time
    Warhammer of Zillyhoo
    Pokasuu sings the music thing associated with that under breath to herself for her own amusement.
    "We're just welcoming Callins back. and discussing our fake weapons apparently. By the way, I cut a rock in half with one of them by using ki so....I'm thinking of starting a style based this. I'mma call it....Referential Cosplay Style."
    "Oh, I like the sound of that. Wonder how that would work."
    "I dunno, guess we're gonna have to figure that out as we go along like our sorcery."
    Would you care for Kikokenjutsu lessons? It might help.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-09-16 at 01:42 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

"I am honest just happy to be home. Thank you guys."
    Callins says as he enters the home. The power pole now clear visible hanging on his back.
    "I'll put my stuff away then join you all down here again."
    He then leaves to do just that. When he returns he is just in his robes and joins Pokasuu by eating a cake.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-09-16 at 02:32 AM.