New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hell's Rebels IC

Cynissa

Your assailant, outraged at your attempt to lay him low, takes advantage of the opening to try to do some damage. This time, he doesn't hold back. When he strikes, it's with the full force and intent to cause lasting pain. It's clear that the militia's previous strategy of restraint isn't cutting it any more for this fellow. He doesn't seem to mind that he's the first to break the unspoken truce of the protest. Eschewing care, he swings his truncheon for your head. Thankfully, even at his full force he can't seem to land a hit.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    He's going to use lethal force now, going in for a standard attack against Cynissa.

Attack: (1d20+3)[9] for (1d6+2)[7] lethal bludgeoning (crit confirm: (1d20+3)[21])
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-09-19 at 04:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 3, Aaron's Status
    Show
    Aaron Tanessen
    Male Human Oracle, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/10, Speed 20 ft. (30 ft. base)
    AC 20, Touch 11, Flat-footed 19, CMD 15, Fort 1, Ref 1, Will 0 (+1 vs. Fear), CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Warhammer +5 (1d8+4, 20/x3)
    Masterwork Banded Mail, Shield Spike Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 16
    Condition Bless, Martial Flexibility - Bludgeoning, Tongues Curse (Infernal)

As Cynissa speaks in a tongue he understands, Aaron replies,

Spoiler: Infernal
    Show
    "I can see that it's a riot! What I don't understand is why everyone but you is speaking in gibberish!"

He then looks down at the thug before him and casually aims another blow at his head before turning to move towards the elven woman managing her opponent with nothing but a touch, his face skeptical.

Show
    "I am willing to try and help, but if you want me to go against a Hellknight with the all those dottari right here, I think you are crazy! We're just two!"

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    Standard action to attack the thug again
    Warhammer (1d20+5)[8] attack, (1d20+5)[13] (20/x3), (1d8+4)[7] nonlethal damage (+(2d8+8)[16] crit damage if applicable)
    Move action to approach Lillisandra (if the thug is down - I am not interested in taking AoOs nor in leaving a threat behind me) Edit: Obviously this isn't happening with a roll like that, even if I get a flanking bonus.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Lillisandra, round 3
    Show
    Lillisandra Moordaine
    F CN Drow Cleric, Level 1, Init 5, HP 10/10, DR SR 7 (6+LVL), Speed 20
    AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0
    MW Rapier +4 (1d6, 18-20, x2)
    Hand Crossbow (20 bolts (Drow Poison x3)) +3 (1d4, 19-20, x2)
    Whip (Disarm, Nonlethal, Trip) +3 (1d3, x2)
    Breastplate, - Heavy Wooden Shield (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 7, Wis 17, Cha 13
    Condition Bless (once Aaron has acted): +1 attack, saves vs fear; 10 rounds
    (Seducer) Charm person: 1/1
    Touch of chaos: 6/6
    Dazing touch: 3/6
    Channel energy: 4/4

As she looks around the fray, her relative danger lessened by the stupification of her assailant, Lillisandra's confident expression begins to falter. "You poor sap. It really is just a tad embarrassing watching you make such a scene of yourself! Still, I've seen much worse. You might even be pleasant to look at, if you had all your teeth, and maybe bathed..."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Standard action: activate dazing touch still again. 3/6 remaining.
    (1d20+3)[18] vs touch ac
    no damage, but target becomes dazed.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

As Hitori picks up Eva - kicking and screaming the whole while - the Chelish militia backs off. It seems as though he would rather take his chances with less competition, so he begins to head towards the other side of the fountain. Without any more obstacles, the hellknight and the halfling make good their escape.

Cynissa and Aaron, on the other hand, don't seem to be having the same luck. Both of their attacks miss the man caught between them, who seems driven to see the tiefling wizard hurt. Once more, he tries to strike her down, ignoring the armoured man at his back. He calls out to his friend to set up a flank of their own, to put Cynissa down, and while the second man can't quite get there, it's only a matter of moments.

What's worse, the dottari standing guard at the gates of the Kintargo Opera House have moved into the crowd. Seeing what a mess the untrained thugs have made of things, the four of them split off to engage you. Two of them begin circling around the fountain, although the press of bodies slows them some. The other pair homes in on the drow and her drooling man. Spears at the ready, they close the distance and level them at the priestess menacingly.

"Stand down, citizen! You're outnumbered, and we won't hesitate to use lethal force."

Show
    Actions! Most of the enemies this turn are only moving, as the crowd slows their move to 15 ft. Therefore, they're taking double moves and avoiding AoOs from the crowd. The two dottari near Lillisandra are threatening her with their spears, which have 10 ft reach. And the one thug who can attack is making another lethal strike against Cynissa.

Attack (vs. Cynissa): (1d20+3)[7] for (1d6+2)[5] lethal. (1d20+3)[6] for crit confirm.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Lillisandra, round 4
    Show
    Lillisandra Moordaine
    AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0

The guards close, and make their threats known. Lillisandra frowns slightly, as she continues her measured pace around the man. "It looks like it's time for me to go, dear. DO be nice, and see me again, yeah?"

Show

Withdraw between the tree and the bench to the southeast? The chelish citizen thug gets an AoO, as I leave the second square. :-\ Hopefully, he's not too upset with me!

6. - Top - End - #66

Realizing there is no way she can escape due to her small body she thinks on ways to enlist help, people were fairly neutral towards her screaming about rape which in this society is not too surprising but she did have a way to make her height into an advantage. Calming herself, the halfling carefully places together what she wants to say before forcing her voice into a higher register while crying "I WANT MY MOMMY! This bad man grabbed me and took me from her, someone please help I am so scared! I'll be a good girl from now on I promise, will someone just please take me away from the bad man and take me to mommy?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I guess this would be a disguise/bluff roll, I also know the populace won't step into help this is just for comedic effect

Disguise to sound like a kid (1d20+4)[21]

Bluff (1d20+4)[12]
    Blarg...

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

Hitori blinks and glances around, sighing. He places his shrouded face in his free hand and shakes his head. This was a nightmare. And though he had been charged with arresting the protesters, there was really no reason for them to be arrested. This woman hadn't assaulted the lord-mayor like the man who originally started the riot had, nor had she taken any serious violent action against the militia, dottari, or other protesters. Plus, his leg was killing him.

The knight carries the young woman over to a bench and sets her down. "To be honest, you aren't worth the trouble, and I'm no crowd control expert anyway. ...Let's just say that you managed to escape my grasp for the slightest instant. The important thing is that no one is going to hurt you now, after all. Stay out of trouble."

With that, he gives a shrug and turns around, beat. Well, this probably wouldn't earn him any points with Thrune, and his outburst would likely have him getting yelled at by someone, but he didn't want to go back to the protest even now. There were enough dottari there to handle it. He figures he should just go back to the barracks alone and figure out what to do next, so he begins to head that way.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

Cynissa catches her stick before it caves her chest in, and shoves it up to block the Citizen's following strike.
    Show
    "They're speaking Taldane,"
    she grunts, looking over her shoulder to see the thug she'd passed on her way here coming to aid his fellow. Worse, she can hear the shouts of the Dottari echoing off the facade of the Opera House, threatening to gut the protesters instead of break their heads. While the nobleman's strange condition would make an excellent subject for study if Cynissa had time, she doesn't, and it also serves a more immediate purpose.

Show
    "You'll need an interpreter. I'm going to help that halfling. If you don't come with me, it'll be two against you, and more before long. Dottari, not just street toughs. They say they won't hold back. And if you try to surrender they won't understand."
    Cynissa beckons again, waiting to see what the man will do. When she has, she skedaddles back the way she came, following the shoreline to avoid any more Citizens.

Spoiler: Cynissa
    Show
    Cynissa Castillito
    Female CG tiefling transmuter, Level 1, Init 2, HP 7/7, Speed 20 ft.
    AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 0, Ref 2, Will 3, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    mwk cane +2 (1d6+1, x2)
    (+2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 19, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Condition None

Show
    I'll hold my action until after Aaron's action so he can keep his flanking bonus if he wants it. Then I'll Withdraw (Full-Round Action) southwest six squares (so six squares directly south of Eva's charmed thug), and west thereafter. If Aaron comes with me, I'll stay within his sight. If not, I'll continue for the rest of my double move.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2015-09-25 at 08:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

The sudden change in attitude confused her, it was far too early for anything like Stockholm syndrome so why would a Hellknight just randomly un-arrest someone? He had no grounds for it sure but still doubt like that could only mean one thing: he was losing faith in the institution he was serving a fact which was bizarre and hopeful all at once. Either he was the worst Hellknight in the history of Cheliax or one of the best but that was yet to be seen. Watching the man hobble away was almost satisfying but when she noticed the faint droplets of blood she couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for her vindictiveness.

"Hey, you're injured don't be a bigger idiot than you already are, my apartment isn't far from here. I am not trained but at the very least I can off a place for you to sit to take the weight off of your leg, maybe even find something to stop the bleeding. If you go back now without prisoner in hand you will probably be punished long before you are treated and I cannot let that happen on my watch now follow me or else I will make you."
    Blarg...

10. - Top - End - #70

Hitori stops as he hears the woman call after him. So brash, so loud...did she not understand which one of them was armed and trained here? Still, his leg was pretty bad off. "Sorry, but I don't make it a habit of visiting the homes of those who would attempt to ruin the order this city has long cherished. Not to mention, it's against my moral codes to reveal any part of my body to another, especially while I'm on duty. I can take care of this injury myself."

The 'or I'll make you' part of her statement was a little disconcerting, but he figured, what could a shrimp like her actually do? No way was he following her to her home, where she may have a human husband or owner who could actually harm him. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but with his current injury the hell knight wasn't entirely confident in his ability to fight in unfamiliar terrain.

11. - Top - End - #71

The confusion only grew inside the musician "Are you sure you're talking about the right city? Kintargo is the most unorthodox city in the empire and the reason it has ran so well is due to the fact that people were allowed to go about their days without the military interfering. Talk to anyone and people won't give a lick about order they just wish to leave their life as the see fit, the fact that you believe otherwise just goes to show how out of touch your order is with the people but I suppose its hard to pay attention when your in constant pain from having the entirety of the country's laws shoved up your @ss. Well time for you to learn the hard way you idiot." Closing her eyes briefly she calls forth the heavenly power granted to her by the Dawnflower, sending it out to the soldier so that she may make him see reason despite his stubbornness.

Show
    Using her last 1st level of the day so Hitori needs to make a Will save DC 16 against charm person
    Blarg...

12. - Top - End - #72

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 4, Aaron's Status
    Show
    Aaron Tanessen
    Male Human Oracle, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/10, Speed 20 ft. (30 ft. base)
    AC 20, Touch 11, Flat-footed 19, CMD 15, Fort 1, Ref 1, Will 0 (+1 vs. Fear), CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Warhammer +5 (1d8+4, 20/x3)
    Masterwork Banded Mail, Shield Spike Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 16
    Condition Bless, Martial Flexibility - Bludgeoning, Tongues Curse (Infernal)

Shaking his head, Aaron tries to knock out the thug once more as he says,

Show
    "I've spoken Taldane my whole life! I have no idea what you mean!"

Regardless of the thug, Aaron cautiously retreats, following the only one who seems to be speaking a language he understands...

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    Standard action to attack the thug again
    Warhammer (1d20+7)[14] attack (counting flanking bonus), (1d20+7)[19] (20/x3), (1d8+4)[12] nonlethal damage (+(2d8+8)[19] crit damage if applicable)
    Move action to follow Cynissa towards the edge of the riot

13. - Top - End - #73

The knight turns around in annoyance. "The only thing I see is a nobility full of degenerates who seek to gain power and prestige by bending outsiders to their knee!"

He starts to continue his tirade, but then stops, blinking for a moment. He suddenly felt calm. Why was he yelling at this girl? She was one of his closest companions! Good ol'...huh. That's odd.

"Sorry for blowing a lid just now," Hitori says, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. His tone, choice of words, and body language all change at once from the harsh, disciplined warrior, and were it not for the imposing black helmet, he might have seemed almost charming. "I'm just a little stressed out from work lately. My boss has been getting on my case for refusing to take part in the book burnings, can you believe that? But you know, the Order of the Rack just doesn't feel like home to me. Back when I was in the Order of the Torrent it felt like my work actually meant something, like I was really helping the people of Kintargo, you know? But now it's all dark and morbid, and I have to invade homes and steal books. No other choice, I guess, but it still sucks. Hey, I know this is kind of out of the blue, but I'm drawing a blank on your name."

14. - Top - End - #74

Eva cannot help but smirk at the knight's complaining and holds in a chuckle when he cannot produce a name he doesn't even know. Feigning hurt the halfling plays along "You wound me, how could you forget dear old Eva? We have been through so much together after all, now as for the nobility I would concur with your sentiments as I am personally aware of their flaws but you already know that. Now come on, I know you are all duty bound and what not but we must take care of that leg of yours otherwise you won't be able to stomp on rebels as effectively as normal. Don't worry about your superiors either, if they questioned me I will tell them you put me under house arrest, besides it's not like they will be expecting you anytime soon."

She waves her hand indicating that he should follow her, hoping she won't have to use further force to coerce him, she only had an hour before he went back to his crusty ways but at least they were only 5 minutes away from her place. She suddenly remembered Butch and cringed, she only hoped the dumb mutt didn't attack the fool.

Show
    Here's an opposed charisma check if Hitori wishes to resist (1d20+4)[23]
    Blarg...

15. - Top - End - #75

Show
    There's that natural 19 you were looking for.

The knight nods slowly. "Eva. Yeah, right. Sorry, Eva. I think I need to get some more sleep."

Though she cannot see it, his face turns beet red at her offer. "I...well I guess as long as it's just for treating an injury, but promise you won't laugh when you see it!"

He follows behind her, unaware that her music had affected his mind.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Cynissa, Aaron

With one powerful blow, Aaron is able to completely knock out the member of the Chelish Citizens' Group stuck between him and Cynissa. He collapses like a veritable sack of bricks, unconscious. The oracle's revelatory training seems to have paid off, for the militia man doesn't appear to be in any state of permanent harm. Some rest and recovery, and he'll be back on his feet again. Whether that notion is a comforting one is another issue entirely. As the dottari and the remaining militia begin to close in, both of you make the wise choice to evacuate the area, as so many of the protesters before you have done. Westward, you can see the armored man took the halfling musician: where Argent Avenue twists and turns to the south, away from Aria Park and into the depths of Jarvis End.

But you're not out of danger yet. The two dottari by the fountain, not content to just watch you escape but unsure of their ability to catch up with you through the remaining masses, have drawn longbows and are resorting to trying to bring you down from afar.

Show
    So, the Chelish Citizens' thugs are going to meet up with the dottari soldiers, each of whom is going to try and take a shot with their longbows at you. Pretty standard stuff, I've marked down where the two of you are on the map as Aaron can catch up with Cynissa. You haven't escaped yet, though. Aaron gets 135 xp for the thug he downed.

Attack (vs. Cynissa): (1d20+3)[20] for (1d8)[3] damage, and (1d20+3)[10] to confirm.

Attack (vs. Aaron): (1d20+3)[5] for (1d8)[7] damage, and (1d20+3)[23] to confirm.

Lillisandra

Through your own wiles, you have managed to completely escape the chaos that the Aria Park protest transform into. Not as many of the protesters have gone east, which might make you an even more distinctive target for the guards, but they don't seem to be chasing you, focused as they are in helping their compatriots control the rest of the crowd. By the looks of things, the streets heading into the northern part of Jarvis End are crowded with fleeing partisans and a heavy guard presence. The looming specter of Temple Hill is still within view that way, so south might seem like a better option.

Then again, perhaps not. You hear the distinct sound of steel on steel from somewhere nearby.

Show
    If you do decide to head south into Jarvis End, please make a Perception check to pinpoint the exact direction of the fight.

Eva, Hitori

The back streets leading from the protest are quieter than you might have expected. Perhaps it's because Nearly everyone tried to head north, towards Veritas Plaza or the banks of the Youbilis itself. Not as many of the protesters are heading towards Old Kintargo.

When you round one of the nearby corners, you realize why. Minutes ago, you might have run headfirst into an entire patrol of more of the Chelish Citizens' Group. It seems as though they have set up a higher presence in this area. However, they have more than since met their match, as four of them lie unconscious on the ground, while the last of the group is busy fleeing the scene. The man standing in their wake cuts a striking figure, with his angular features and dusky skin accentuated by a handsome goatee and a broad smile. His boisterous charm, even in the midst of the carnage, seems to fill the street. And he wears a black glove on one hand. Upon seeing the two of you, he begins to walk over to you unhurriedly.

"Hello there!" He registers Hitori's presence, pausing for merely a second before opening his mouth a second time. "I'm afraid this isn't what it looks like. These fellows jumped me, you see, asking for proof of identification. I tried telling them that I had been recently rendered destitute, but they didn't believe me. Then they tried to arrest me, on some charges I confess I don't fully understand. I figured leaving them in the dirt would suite better than allowing them to continue dispensing outlandish laws. That sort of nonsense could get them seriously hurt in Kintargo, after all! And wouldn't that be a shame? They seemed like good fellows."
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

17. - Top - End - #77

The knight looks down at the injured bodies on the ground and sighs, raising one hand above his armor to reach for the handle of the sword strapped to his back. However, he looks back at the woman on the bench and grits his teeth, his hand falling to his side instead. To fight here, in this condition, would certainly require him to use some techniques that were only meant to suppress demons. That kind of brawling in this area would likely result in collateral damage, and with so many innocents around he couldn't take the risk.

"No grounds for arrest, until you assaulted four men," the hell knight states simply, shaking his head. "Lucky for you, I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I suppose I'll overlook this as the militia simply wasting its time with a man they shouldn't have bothered." The scene before him was enough to have him shake off any remnants of the halfling's charm, this was a combat situation and he was ready to fight if necessary. "Stand aside. And don't touch the girl, or I'll severe the hand that does from its violent owner."

18. - Top - End - #78

Eva was quietly led the man until they wandered towards the scene before them, the man seemed a much more fitting companion than the one she was currently travelling with and the glove is what really made this man more interesting. Turning to the wounded knight she scowls at him "So defending one's safety is now assault? Since when? You watched the protest when these thugs began attacking everyone and the fact they had the gall to gang up on this fellow without good reason only reinforces this man defended himself. Or are citizens now supposed to allow others to beat you when an oaf states they are justified? Give your head a shake and let me see that wound, the sooner you are out of my sight the better." She looks to the man in the glove and smiles apologetically "Forgive him of his stupidity, ever since donning that helm it has cut off his circulation to his head and has given him permanent brain damage. If you bear with me for but a moment I will take care of his wound and maybe you can escort me back home? I would hate to be ambushed by another group of thugs..."
    Blarg...

19. - Top - End - #79

Hitori scoffs at the woman's reply. "You place the blame on the victims? Why? Because the assailant claims they unfairly accused him? He has no evidence to support that claim, while the evidence that he assaulted them speaks for itself. If I believed the excuses of every criminal I ran across then there would be no one in our jails at all."

He sighs and shakes his head. "Whatever. Just go along and have fun with the felon. I'm going back to make sure the protest has a quiet conclusion."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

"Nngh!" Cynissa groans as the guard's arrow embeds itself in her leg. She breaks off most of the shaft mid-stride, and her magic flows around the arrowhead. It wouldn't tear the muscle any more, and she'd still be able to run, but not for much longer.

Show
    "They went south, down Argent Avenue,"
    she says, angling in that direction. A copse of trees shades the lake shore.
    Show
    "If we go this way, we can make up the distance and lose the dottari!"

Spoiler: Cynissa
    Show
    Cynissa Castillito
    Female CG tiefling transmuter, Level 1, Init 2, HP 4/7, Speed 20 ft.
    AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 0, Ref 2, Will 3, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    mwk cane +2 (1d6+1, x2)
    (+2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 19, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Condition None

Show
    Full-Round Action Run full-tilt southwest, then up the street Aaron and I saw Hitori take.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2015-09-25 at 08:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Lillisandra, round 5?
    Show
    Lillisandra Moordaine

Lillisandra escapes the melee, and finds herself shuttled along by the flow of fleeing citizens. At the distinct sound of steel on steel, she tilts her head to the side and begins hurrying in the general direction.

Show

Are we still tracking rounds? The timetable appears to have been brutalized today.

(1d20+10)[17] (+2 more if this still counts as during the protest)

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Aaron, Cynissa, Lillisandra

Converging near the southern end of Aria Park, the three of you together hear the fading sounds of the melee. Following them, you find yourselves at the end of a side street in Jarvis End. A bloody man, wearing the tabard of the Chelish Citizens' Group, rushes past you, obviously looking for some aid. But he glares at the tiefling, and blanches at the sight of the drow. Instead of saying anything, he continues on, wordless.

There, at the opposite end of the road, you can make out the distinct profiles of both the hellknight and the halfling from the protest. They seem to have just arrived, and are conversing with a man in the midst of the bloodshed. He seems to appear noble, but he wears the single black glove of dissent. Those of who looking for such a sign at the protest realize that this is in fact your man.

Eva, Hitori

The stranger seems to perk up when you mention the protest. "Ah yes! I was on my way there myself, but I got held up, you see. Damnable militia, they always seem to bungle these things up." He seems to have realized that a jovial disposition does not do one any social favors while in the middle of the violent aftermath of a street brawl. Straightening his clothes and sobering his face, he turns to see three more figures approaching from the other end of the street.

"And they would be the rest. Five, in total. Still, better than what I was expecting." He looks at Hitori once more. "I would be happy to register my complaints in a more official capacity - truth-detecting magic and all. Of course, judging by the commotion at the park, I wouldn't want to take it to Lord-Mayor Thrune."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

23. - Top - End - #83

Hitori tilts his head. "Lie-detection magic? Are you telling me to arrest you so you can prove you're innocent? Finally, someone who understands how the law works around here."

The arrival of the others brings a groan to his throat. "Ugh, and welcome back to this hellspawn bitch!" he exclaims, shaking his head as the tiefling approaches.

24. - Top - End - #84

Eva sighs as she regards the other fellow "Like I said, permanent, irrevocable brain damage. He thinks he is the law when he really needs to check into an asylum, maybe its due to some horrible trauma during childhood is my guess. Probably bullied for being ugly hence why he is so reluctant to take off his helmet which repeats the cycle of brain damage in a never ending downward spiral." At the mention of a 'Hell Spawn Bitch' Eva turns and smiles "Apparently he was never taught any manners either for this individual approaching us is a well spoken and highly educated lady who has only peacefully demonstrated her displeasure of the current ruling regime. I think it would be healthy to tie him up and have him spend the day outside of his armor with this fine lady but alas I am sure he would become desperate and try to incapacitate himself. How about we go somewhere more private and less dangerous instead of catering to the whims of a delusional, pompous @ss? I think we could all use a nice cup of tea and have a pleasant chat about today's events, what do you say?"
    Blarg...

25. - Top - End - #85

NecromancerGuy

Show
    "They shot you! Here, let me see it!

Powers of light, heal this woman's injury!
    "

Aaron reaches out to touch Cynissa's leg, his hands subconsciously going through the motions to invoke healing magic.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Cast Cure Light Wounds to heal Cynissa of (1d8+1)[6] HPs

As he leaves the riot (combat), Aaron's speech returns to normal as he cries out, "You! I have been looking for you since I got to the demonstration!" When he sees the Hellknight and halfling musician he slows and looks about uncomfortably. before noticing the armored man's limp...

Spoiler: OoC question and Mechanics
    Show
    Does Hitori need actual healing? If so, Aaron casts Cure Light Wounds to heal him of (1d8+1)[7] HPs

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Lillisandra smirks and rolls her eyes as they stumble across the hellknight and halfling- bickering like an old married couple. She gives the one-gloved man a long appraising look before deciding, largely based on the unconscious form of no less than 4 "Chelish Citizens" that this man is worth watching. Ignoring the better part of the yammering, she steps forward and inclines her head slightly in greeting.

"Sir, what's your take on the protest of this morning? It seems to me that Thrune's good sense has yet to return, given his 8th inane proclama- wait. You said you were expecting us? Wait- you're expecting him?!?" She hooks a thumb at the hellknight, incredulous disbelief plastered all over her face. "I believe there is some explaining to do, and I- for one- am at a loss." She raises a pale eyebrow at the man, waiting for illumination.

27. - Top - End - #87

Hitori growls at the drow's derogatory implications before throwing up his hands. "It's fine! It's fine! I get it, no one's happy with Thrune right now because of what just happened, and I was the one defending him, so you all can take cheap shots at me. But I don't have to sit here and take this." He turns around and starts walking towards the protest area, intending to check on Nox and make sure that the other citizens weren't being killed.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Cynissa's loping, magic-infused gait returns to her customary limp soon after leaving the park. Actually, it's even slower than usual, thanks to the arrow—slow enough for her companion to spot it, catch her, and pull the arrowhead. His hands are superbly soothing and warm, and when he is done, Cynissa can see only the barest hints of a scar through the hole in her skirt.
    Show
    "Many thanks,"
    she says, then hurries on down Argent Avenue. The passing Chelish Citizen doesn't even earn a glance.

Neither does the Hellknight's put-down when Cynissa finally catches up. She has eyes for two things only: the halfling fiddler, and the stranger she and the Hellknight had run into. Something had definitely changed in the time she'd been gone. The erstwhile prisoner isn't bound, and is free to speak—to mock her captor even—with no punishment forthcoming. Cynissa inclines her head gratefully at the fiddler's fountain of praise. She clearly isn't destined for Deepmar or the auction block in Egorian. The stranger has an air of ill-use, not intolerable, but beyond his custom. She can't identify the fabric of his clothes, but it is obviously fine. It is equally obvious that he had been wearing one outfit for several days straight. It doesn't smell too bad, and it isn't stained, but one doesn't find rumples like that on finery straight from the press. His hair and beard are smooth and healthy at the roots, but the ends had begun to split. Most striking, however, is the telltale lone black glove Leon had mentioned. This is a busy man.

A voice from behind her cuts through Cynissa's observations. She blinks and smiles slightly at the sight of the familiar woman. Cynissa remembers her companion—where was she now?—had taken a handbill, and she had caught a brief glimpse of her during the fighting. It had looked like she was on the right side. Her points now confirm it.

"As a matter of fact, you do," says Cynissa as the Hellknight stands up to leave. Her voice is hoarse from shouting, and speaking the devil-tongue hadn't helped either. The fiddler's cup of tea sounds wonderfully inviting. Still, Cynissa musters enough force to bring the man to a halt as she points her stick at the halfling. "If she can take being manhandled and hauled off, and I can take bigoted scorn, you can handle mere satire and political criticism. You could benefit from it. I heard your response to Thrune's proclamation; promising, if naive." She turns to her newest acquaintance. "I take it you helped organize the protest? Maybe hoped to find budding militants there? Though probably not us specifically."
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2015-09-25 at 09:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

The man with the black glove snorts at the priestess of Calistria, barely holding back a full-blown chuckle.

"I was hardly expecting a hellknight. A few of you might have heard from me prior to today's demonstration, but I never expected an agent of the law to be present here, much less... him." Nodding towards Aaron with a knowing look, the man begins to gather himself up and then motions towards Eva. He seems to be avoiding names, for the time being. "I sent out messages wherever I could, and I wasn't sure anyone would respond. You see, I have a particular problem that I need a great deal of help with. But you're right: it might be best if we talked somewhere a bit more private. I know a way to get there safely."

Before leaving, however, the man turns to Hitori. "If you leave now, I ask only one thing of you: that you say nothing about this. Do not try to follow us, do not try to report us. You seem like a decent enough sort, for a hellknight. I would hate for this to become unpleasant." His smile is back in full force, but he is standing close enough to Hitori for his statement to be construed as a potential threat. He has no weapons on him, but you get the sense that he doesn't really need one.

Show
    If you want to know a bit more about the man (before he tells you, anyways), feel free to make a Knowledge (Nobility) check.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

30. - Top - End - #90

The hell knight is silent. The sounds of the protest are off in the distance, and he is quite worried that if he is not there, the dottari really will be taking innocent lives. And yet, the odd display of individuals before him are the more concerning issue. The noble who screams in the tongue of devils for no reason. The woman who fiercely defies the government and its order. The drow whose playful smile seems to betray a secret hidden deep within her. And...the struggling musician who called him a rapist.

He stands still. "...Ah, what the hell. It's not like I'll have a job for much longer anyway if we're expected to squash people for stepping off their ships. I'll hear you out, sir."

The knight is tense, and his leg twitches a bit in pain. Still, if he walks away now he feels like he'll be letting all these people get away with some dark conspiracy without a chance to stop it. Better to go with them and investigate while they were inviting.
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2015-09-22 at 09:02 AM.