New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Othniel's Pirates IC I

Spoiler: Previously...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post

"Cap'n, before you head out again... We may have a problem." The ogre waved Hoskins over. "Tell 'im what you told me."

He gave Hoskins a moment to recap about the late Captain Tharkidor's treasure. "What do you think, Cap'n? Did we miss something? I don't want to accuse nobody of palming something, so maybe something in his effects was more than it seemed."

Captain Blake

Blake frowned as the press-ganged sailor finished his story and gave Roscoe a long nod.

"Miss something? I don't think so. It was Rhagor that took stock of the captain's personal possessions but...no..."

Blake's denial was less than emphatic.

"Good work, Mister Roscoe. Once I get the cargo sold off, I'll have a word with Rhagor about this. In the mean time, see what else you can learn from your new subordinates. And keep an eye out for any more suspicious goings-on."

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

Seamus leaves the establishment and makes his way back to the Godsend to drop off his quiver. After that he walks around and peruses the market for about an hour and makes his way back to the Godsend. After retrieving his quiver he heads back over to visit with Gabby. All in all he spends about an hour walking around.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Then

Roscoe

"Aye, there was a locked chest in with the cargo we were hauling," Hoskins replied. "You folks probably already found it. Wouldn't mind knowing what was inside, just for curiosity's sake," he added, a slight look of avarice on his face.

Captain Blake

The exchange with Roscoe over, Blake headed for the warehouse district. He managed to find the dockmaster's office, and the same man he had talked with earlier in the day was standing outside the office deep in discussion with what appeared to be another man. "I don't care how much money try to bribe me with," the dockmaster said, his voice raised in anger, "the names and business of those who dock at our wharf are not the business of just anyone in the city. They are my business, and that of the guard. Not yours, Mr. Aloysius T. Bellerose, and I do not care who you work for." The dockmaster said the man's name with such volume, force, and enunciation that half the workers in the area turned their heads to watch for a moment before going back to their duties. Mr. Bellerose, silenced for but a moment, huffed angrily, said something in a low voice to the dockmaster, and turned on his heel before strutting down the dock toward Blake. Giving the captain a mere glance, he kept walking and was soon out of sight.

Branna

"That's good," Jaakko confirmed, though he sounded slightly disappointed. "Slavers are nasty business. Not welcome at all here in Senghor. Too bad you aren't pirates though," he added. "Always wanted to see a pirate ship and all that. Have you met any? Do the captains all have hook hands and make men walk the plank like in the stories?" As he asked his second question, the pair arrived at the Godsend's gangway.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jaakko appears to believe you, but sounds disappointed that you are only simple merchants.

Now

Afternoon has given way to evening, and the sun falls slowly down to the west, giving the skyline a red glow to the west. Shops close up, and most goodly and respectable folk head to their homes. Some, however, and many of the not-so-goodly variety crawl out of their hiding places and mingle with the few lusty souls looking for adventure in the taverns and brothels of Senghor. The Wind's End is one such place, and Gabby has a full house. Word was put out that a famous gnoll bard was in town for one night only, and he had graced the Wind's Rest with his presence. Extra kegs and bottles of drink were brought up from cellars, and several food mongers stayed up late for an apparent agreement with Ms. Gabby Wind to sell food at each night's gathering until the tavern's kitchen was up and running.

Seamus (And anyone else entering the tavern with him)

As Seamus entered the Wind's Rest, he noticed that that the establishment was far busier than it had been earlier in the day. A couple musicians and a singer occupied most of the crowd from a corner. Others sat drinking, talking, and laughing. A tired but exuberant Gabby greeted Seamus as he entered. "Evenin! I knew I'd see you back tonight. Please, find a seat anywhere you can. It's getting full up, and folks are eager for some entertainment. With tonight's receipts, I bet I'll have enough to finish the kitchen off in a few days! What can I get you?"

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Feel free to continue playing out your scenes prior to evening. We'll wrap them up soon.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

"Looks like ye've got a full house tonight, Gabby! If ye need help at all let me know, I'd be more than happy to offer my services to ye." Seamus replies and waits for Gabby's response.

Spoiler: If Gabby doesn't need him
    Show
    He'll try to find a table, preferably with a decent view of the bar and wherever Rhagor will be performing from, for his comrades and himself.

Spoiler: If Gabby does need him
    Show
    He wastes no time and helps out wherever he can. While he is wandering around helping Gabby he looks for a table to claim for his comrades.
    Last edited by barticus; 2015-11-17 at 11:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Accompanying Seamus to the Wind's Rest, Rhagor begins to laugh heartily as he sees just how many people have shown up for him. Winking at Gabby, Rhagor pats his crew mate on the back "Yarr, Seamus be a pal and save me a seat and a drink. I've got somethin' t' do." Walking over to the arrayed musicians and singer, Rhagor throws his arms wide and bellows "My fellow minstrels! Tell me ye know The Wild Rover. If'n ye don't, well I'd be glad t' teach ye!" The musicians mumble amongst themselves for a few seconds before shrugging and agreeing to let the Gnoll Bard assist them. Slapping his belly, Rhagor howled at the top of his lungs, expertly converting it into a high pitched note before dropping it low and continuing on into the first verse, the musicians picking up alongside him.

"I've been a wild rover for many's t' year
    I've spent all me money on whiskey and beer
    But now I'm returnin' with gold in great store
    And I never will play t' wild rover no more..."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Perform Sing:(1d20+11)[12]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Branna

"That's good," Jaakko confirmed, though he sounded slightly disappointed. "Slavers are nasty business. Not welcome at all here in Senghor. Too bad you aren't pirates though," he added. "Always wanted to see a pirate ship and all that. Have you met any? Do the captains all have hook hands and make men walk the plank like in the stories?" As he asked his second question, the pair arrived at the Godsend's gangway.

Show
    Jaakko appears to believe you, but sounds disappointed that you are only simple merchants.

Now

Afternoon has given way to evening, and the sun falls slowly down to the west, giving the skyline a red glow to the west. Shops close up, and most goodly and respectable folk head to their homes. Some, however, and many of the not-so-goodly variety crawl out of their hiding places and mingle with the few lusty souls looking for adventure in the taverns and brothels of Senghor. The Wind's End is one such place, and Gabby has a full house. Word was put out that a famous gnoll bard was in town for one night only, and he had graced the Wind's Rest with his presence. Extra kegs and bottles of drink were brought up from cellars, and several food mongers stayed up late for an apparent agreement with Ms. Gabby Wind to sell food at each night's gathering until the tavern's kitchen was up and running.

Seamus (And anyone else entering the tavern with him)

As Seamus entered the Wind's Rest, he noticed that that the establishment was far busier than it had been earlier in the day. A couple musicians and a singer occupied most of the crowd from a corner. Others sat drinking, talking, and laughing. A tired but exuberant Gabby greeted Seamus as he entered. "Evenin! I knew I'd see you back tonight. Please, find a seat anywhere you can. It's getting full up, and folks are eager for some entertainment. With tonight's receipts, I bet I'll have enough to finish the kitchen off in a few days! What can I get you?"

Branna blinked as Jaakko appeared to not mind the notion of them being pirates. "Ye... wouldn't mind if we were pirates?" Branna gave a suprised, but simultaneously pleased, laugh. "Well, I can't say I expected that! Since ye asked, when I said earlier that we weren't picky about what we haul, I did, in fact, mean that in the sense that we take our cargo off others. So, congratulations, Jaakko - you have now, in fact, met some pirates." Branna smiled. "T' answer yer questions, not all cap'ns 'ave hook hands - most of us prefer t' keep our limbs, actually, it's jes' that ye gotta make do when th' worst 'appens. An' as fer plank walkin', tha' also depends on the cap'n. Our ship... Well, ordinarily I'd keep what 'appened a secret, but ye can keep a secret, right? A few people already know, so I don't think it's tha' bad if'n I tell ye."

Spoiler: If Jaakko says Yes...
    Show
    "As it 'appens, Jaakko, most of th' crew's new to the piratin' game. We were all shanghaied by this man named Cap'n Harrigan. A right nasty man, 'e was - drugged me and dragged me aboard when I was jes' mindin' my own business at a bar." Branna shivered, visibly uncomfortable as she told Jaakko the next part. "It was... rough on me. I was actually a pirate's slave, back when I was a wee lass, an' I'd told meself I'd never let tha' happen again. Life was pretty horrible fer a few weeks, more so on account o' two lieutenants of 'is named Plugg an' Scourge who mistreated everybody for no good reason. So when Harrigan put Plugg an' Scourge in charge of a new ship he'd captured, well, me an' several o' the others took th' chance to mutiny. Made ourselves th' officers - I'm the alchemist an' carpenter - an' renamed our ship the Godsend."

"So, Harrigan? He's the type who'd make ye walk the plank fer sure. Cruel and rotten to the core, 'e was. Cap'n Blake? Well 'e's treated everyone well enough so far, but we'll see. We've jes' come back from our first haul, actually - we liberated a longship full o' slaves, an' hired 'em on as paid crew."
    Branna smiled. "'opefully tha' balances out karma a bit, but, who knows? We'll see when my souls in line at Pharasma's desk, I guess."

"But anyway, let's get ye on board. I'm sure yer anxious to rest yer arms, Roscoe's probably anxious fer his pork, an I'm anxious to get yer sword -" Branna leaned in close as her hands wrapped rather suggestively around certain parts of Jaakko's anatomy, "Into my scabbard, if'n ye catch my drift." The catgirl seductively nibbled on Jaakko's earlobe, letting out a very happy purring sound as she did so.

*** Later that Evening... ***

Branna walked into The Wind's Rest with a very pleasant, warm, and aching feeling between her legs, along with rather exhausted abdominal muscles and a fine sheen of sweat on her forehead.

Time for a nice, stiff drink and a game of cards, and this evening will be perfect!

Flouncing up to the bar, she called out a greeting. "Hi again, Gabby! I'm ready for something stiff now! A rumboozle, if'n ye please - with a little paper umbrella, if'n ye got one."

Placing down a silver coin, Branna began sipping her cocktail as she listened to Rhagor sing. Not bad, but... A touch pedestrian by most standards. Honestly, I'd say he's not drunk enough.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-11-17 at 08:20 PM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Blackbeak returned to the Wind's Rest, carefully checking his belt for the pouch of shiny new gold. He sought a seat in the shadows, keeping an eye out for the other tengu. Hopefully the whole transaction would be discreetly concluded soon.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Erebus nods at his host. "Dragons are seldom not hungry. Thank you."

His tail curls politely around his claws and he waits to be served. "Not many are so ... accommodating of my kind. Most creatures prefer to avoid dragons, even gold ones. I think you must be lonely or powerful to welcome me into your home."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

After Rhagor finishes singing "The Wild Rover" a blue man with fin ears, webbed hands, and dark blue dreadlocks pulled back in a ponytail looks up from his drink and yells over in a deep voice "How about you sing something original for us. We came to see you tonight hoping to hear something different from what we hear every other night."

After his outburst he turns back to Gabby's father and says "I hope these guys turn out to be what you say they are Anselm. I can't stay landlocked here much longer. I still don't understand how you could give it up but I guess that's the difference between humans and undines. You get seasick and we get landsick. Bwahahahaha." With that he downs his Ale and heads to the bar to get another round.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhagor suddenly freezes in place, his eyes going wide as the undine's critique echoed in his head. A scowl growing across his face, Rhagor cracked his knuckles and rolled his right shoulder. "Oh we got a wise guy here eh? Here's a nice song I got prepared right here for ye." Coughing as if in preparation to belt a note, Rhagor instead barked as loud as he could

"F**************** YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU! HAHAHA!"

Flipping the bird, Rhagor continued his tirade by jumping atop the nearest table, most likely spilling or knocking over a drink in the process, and unsheathes his ensorcelled Falchion. "Ye little blue man, ye want to hear something different? What? Tired of listening to yer mother telling ye to get out of the house? Then sit down and shut up while I tell ye a tale of high adventure on the sea. There we were, coasting the rolling waves when off the starboard we spotted a vessel caked in blood and smellin' of scum, and oh did it smell. Ol' Cap'n Blake felt a tinglin' in his heart from Besmara herself to intercede, for ye see these weren't your run of the mill ruffians, no, these were slavers! Despicable, low life, good fer nothin' monsters. The yellow livered cowards, once they saw our sails were dropped they ran with their tails betwixt their legs, and tried to lose us in a storm. Oh I thought Cap'n Blake was crazy for thinkin' we should follow but follow we did! Waves as big as whales crashing this way and that, BOOM CRASH, and against all odds we found them creeping through the eye of the storm. Oh you should have seen the look on those snakes faces when we pounced on'em on the back of a huge gale. Ol' Cap'n Blake didn't waste one second gettin' to grips with them, why he must have jumped a good 20 feet with nary a scratch on him! Outnumbered ten to one he fought off those bastards while the rest of the crew swung in from heaven on high! Branna, our ship's alchemist, crazy cat that she is, dropped acid bombs flensing flesh from bone! She was a right proper whirlwind of teeth and blades, clearing the way while I chopped down the enemy captain himself! Tore his throat from his neck with my bare teeth, watched the life drain from his eyes I did! Oh that took the fight out of them real quick! The curs, they scattered in all directions some jumped overboard, some went below deck, some tried to board our ship! Our ship! The Godsend! Clever little bastards thought they could steal the ol' girl right out from under us, well I'll tell ye my friend "Sea Fin" had two words for them. Kinetic Blast. Now ye might not know what a kinetic blast is, it's a bolt of pure energy as hot as Calistria in heat! Heads were popping, stomachs bursting OH it was a sight to behold! Like a vengeful god of lightning striking blow upon blow from his celestial perch! The fools didn't stand a chance. Course I didn't have much time to appreciate this, cause at this time our gunner Roscoe took center stage. Now ladies and gentlemen, you may think you've seen the unusual. You may think you've seen the bizarre. But I've travelled to the five corners of the world, and let me tell you, you've never seen anything like this! For my friend Roscoe is in an Ogre, huge and powerful, why he could crush your head between his toes! With one fell swoop he ripped a cannon from its perch, chucked the cannonball and loaded in our very own DRAGON! A beast as black as midnight, as old as time itself, infinitely cruel, greedy, and powerful! I'm surprised he decided to join up with us in the first place! Like a twilight javelin he pierced through the hull and melted those cowardly swabs fore they could use their slaves as human shields!"

Hocking a loogie, Rhagor wiped his nose before wrapping up the tall tale. "When the dust had settled the few slavers that remained begged mercy, askin' for their lives to be spared by the Cap'n. I'd have made'm walked the plank but Cap'n Blake is a far more charitable man then me, and so he took them in as swabs and liberated the slaves. Why they were so enthused they practically begged to join The Godsend out of gratitude. He gave'm a fair shake and wage for their work, and rode the harsh waves out to Senghor! All that talkin' has got me mighty parched, Gabby, send a round out on me!"

Chuckling, Rhagor mockingly mimicked a court jesters curtsy before leaping off the table and onto the ground below.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Rhagor doesn't care if people believe the story or not, he's just trying to be entertaining, and so I leave this as a Perform (Oratory) Check:(1d20+14)[19] vs Infamy DC 25.

Also spending a round of rage to do Glorious Epic.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2015-11-18 at 10:16 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Branna, Earlier

Their fun had, Branna and Jaakko parted on good terms, the farmhand even thanking her for an "unforgettable experience."

Seamus, Rhagor, Branna, Blackbeak, and Merek

As the crew members drifted into The Wind's Rest, the patrons from earlier were still in attendance, as were a great many others. The dwarves didn't seem to have moved from their table in the intervening hours, and the flock of tengu were perched upon a group of stools close to the performers.

Gabby shooed Seamus away and pointed toward the crowd, "Oh, don't you worry yourself on my account, mister! You just settle in and enjoy the evening." The tavern-owner grinned at Branna and slide a glass of rumboozle (complete with miniature umbrella) down the bar to the catfolk woman. "Here you go!"

As the band played and Rhagor sang, the patrons at the tavern all turned their eyes and ears upon the performers. The tune was well-known and liked in Senghor, particularly among the seafaring crowd, and soon many were singing along and clapping at the appropriate parts of the song, even if they were unable to differentiate between a good and great performance. Gabby's father had joined in with the rest of the group, and appreciated the song so much that he grabbed a bottle off the bar and pushed his way through the crowd to offer Rhagor the drink. "'At was some mighty braw singin', an' an e'en better story, mah laddie! Sorry if Ah mistrusted ye earlier, but a body can ne'er be tay cannie wi' seafarin' folk. Used tae be a body myself. Ye can come back onie time." Tottering back to the bar, he took up his own drink and nodded toward the gnoll as he spoke to Merek, "They ur probably a roogh crew, mah laddie, but seem tae ken whit they're abit. Micht see if ye can sign up wi' them, but watch th' furry fellaw. He seems raither lusty."

Erebus

"I am sorry I do not have any plates," Tegwen said, and drifted toward Erebus. "They're all broken." She set the bucket down in front of the dragon and smiled. "Help yourself."

At his question, the woman hesitated, fading to transparent and back again. "Lonely?" she mused, "Yes, I've been lonely since Owen was taken. You come from above the sea, yes? I do not suppose you have seen a man...hum...tall, dark hair, sun-browned skin, and a twinkle in his eye? Very dashing." She smiled sadly, and continued without offering Erebus a chance to reply. "I do not know what you mean by powerful," Tegwen stated, a hint of confusion in her tone. "I am a nereid, if that means anything to you."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Blackbeak enjoyed Rhagor's story more than his singing; he preferred his music without lyrics. He visibly sank in his seat a bit as the story came to a close. Quietly, he muttered to himself, "...And then Blackbeak did a bunch of cool stuff too. Hooray..."

Drumming his clawed fingers impatiently, he checked to see if the other tengu were hiding in the shadows, or if they had simply moved on.

Show

Perception: (1d20+13)[30]

13. - Top - End - #283

*** A few hours beforehand... ***

Having dropped off the wonderful roast pig with Roscoe, Branna promptly pulled Jaakko into her room, then, slamming the door shut, pulled him into a deep kiss and then uttered the single most effective pick-up line in a lady pirate's arsenal.

"You. Pants off. Now."

Roughly, the catgirl grabbed his heavy shoulders, pulling him down onto the hammock and ripping off his-

It was an hour or two later when Branna hobbled off the Godsend, top slightly askew and Jaakko at her side. As they went to part, the catgirl pirate placed a last smooch on his cheek.

"Yer gonna make some lucky farmgirl very happy one day, Jaakko. Of course, until then, I'll prolly be lookin' fer ye when I next come into port."

*** Meanwhile, back in the present... ***

Branna cheered as Rhagor apparently got his second wind back telling the exploits of how they'd captured the longship, and luxuriated in the exaggerated tales of what she'd done with acidic bombs as she sipped her rumboozle. The sweetness of the wine and rum, combined with the bitterness of the ale and the warmth of the spices, all blending together with the texturing of the raw egg, created a delicious sensation as it slid down her throat, and with the proper atmosphere brought on by Rhagor's tales of derring do, all was right with the world once more.

This is the life.

Branna called out to Gabby. "Utterly delicious, Gabby. Another, if'n ye please." Taking her second drink, Branna began working on it as she looked around the inn, hoping to spot someone willing to play some cards.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Branna would like to roll Perception​ to see if she can find someone to gamble with.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain Blake

As if guided by Besmara herself, as Rhagor's story reached its rousing conclusion the door flew open with a thunderous crash! Beyond stood Captain Blake, a chest on his shoulder and a rapier at his hip, his eyes afire and his teeth flashing in the firelight.

"Do I hear tales of adventure dancing in the air, Mister Rhagor!? Do ye have these fine people bursting with lust...for adventure!?"

As if to punctuate the question, Blake grabbed the nearest barmaid by the hand and pulled her into a surprising kiss before wheeling off towards the tables where his crew sat waiting. As he slammed the chest down the latch flew open, revealing sack upon sack of gold and platinum coins.

"Well, I'm sure ye'll be able to oblige!"

Pushing a drunken sailor out of the nearest chair with his boot, Blake collapsed into it and swung his legs up on the table.

"Barman! An ale to soothe my terrible thirst!"

Scanning the bar, his eyes alighted on the webbed creature seated apart from the milling throng. Drawing his rapier with some difficulty, Blade leveled the black blade at the strange sailor.

"You! Do you hold me in such low respect that you'd refuse to drink with me!?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

While listening to Rhagor's story Merek looks around the bar to see if he can identify the crew members that are mentioned. "Now that's what I'm talking about!" Merek shouts at the conclusion of the story.

Merek grabs Captain Blake's and his own drink from the bar and uses one to lower the tip of the rapier as he approaches the man saying "Not at all sir. I assume you're the infamous Captain Blake? Merek Waverider is my name and I'm a little bit of a disgrace right now being a shipless priest of the black lady. Anyways would you mind introducing me to the rest of you're crew if we're to be drinking together tonight?"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    (1d20+7)[18] to spot crew members during the story.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Branna

As the feline pirate took in her surroundings, she noticed that most of the tavern-goers interests were focused either upon the entertainment or their drinks, but as she took a second look at the table of dwarves, she noticed that they were engaged in a relatively quiet game of cards (despite the raucous going on around them), though now and then one or another would pause and look around the tavern. Branna recalled from earlier in the day that Gabby mentioned something about the dwarves being recruiters for the arena on Widowmaker Isle.

Blackbeak

Sitting where he was, Blackbeak had failed to notice the tengu sitting near the band when he entered. As the song faded away and the crowd roared, clapped, stamped, or otherwise signified their approval, one of the feathery creatures rose and headed toward the bar. As she neared his table, Mikacha looked up and met the eyes of the pirate. "Oh...hello again, Blackbeak," she said shyly.

Captain Blake and Merek

"It's bar WOMAN, you daft swab!" Gabby shouted back at the captain as he demanded a drink, but the look on her face was amused, rather than angry, and she poured out a drink. As Merek grabbed it and addressed the captain, Gabby grabbed a rag and started cleaning the bar, though her attention remained on the two pirates.

Spoiler: Merek
    Show
    You notice practically everyone. Branna, Blackbeak, Blake, Rhagor, and Seamus, as well as the tengu seated near the band and the dwarves playing cards at a table.

Show
    Please to let the DM roll perception. The list of things I roll is in the first post here.

Spoiler: Stuff!
    Show
    rolls!

(1d20+14)[33]

Yeah, um...ignore that.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2015-11-22 at 10:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Sauntering up to the dwarves, Branna poked her head in cutely before blinking twice.

"Hello! I don't suppose ye'd be willing to deal in a new player, nya?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Branna

The dwarves, to a man, stopped and stared at Branna. For one long moment, not a word was spoken, and then the dwarf opposite the catfolk pirate spoke up, "Have you ever gambled before, lass? We're professionals and it wouldn't be right t' fleece you." The dwarf appeared to be middle age (for a dwarf), his face tanned and weathered, a testament to life on the sea. Several scars decorated his face and he wore a tricorne hat over his mud-colored hair.

19. - Top - End - #289

Branna let out a chuckle. "I know me way around a pot, nya. Comes with the territory o' bein' a sailor - yer cooped up on a floatin' tub for long enough, everybody gets their eyes on everybody else's purse."

Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+2)[11]
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-11-23 at 10:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

cool Re: Othniel's Pirates IC I

Seamus bides his time chatting with whoever is sitting with him at the table but keeps his eye on the bar, particularly Gabby. As soon as a seat opens up at the bar he takes it.

Upon finding a seat at the bar

Seamus casually slides into a stool at the bar. "Rhagor sure know how t' put on a show, eh Gabby! Or do all the folks come out just t' see you? He waits for Gabby to reply before changing the topic. "Do ye know that blue fella? He seems to know yer da."
    Last edited by barticus; 2015-11-23 at 12:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Blackbeak nodded politely to Mikacha, speaking to her in their native tongue.
    "Ah, Mikacha, top of the evening. Have you spoken to your fellows about our little arrangement concerning the map?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxx View Post
    While listening to Rhagor's story Merek looks around the bar to see if he can identify the crew members that are mentioned. "Now that's what I'm talking about!" Merek shouts at the conclusion of the story.

Merek grabs Captain Blake's and his own drink from the bar and uses one to lower the tip of the rapier as he approaches the man saying "Not at all sir. I assume you're the infamous Captain Blake? Merek Waverider is my name and I'm a little bit of a disgrace right now being a shipless priest of the black lady. Anyways would you mind introducing me to the rest of you're crew if we're to be drinking together tonight?"

Show
    [roll0] to spot crew members during the story.

Captain Blake

Taking a long drought of the ale, Blake slammed down his tankard in response to the question.

"Aye, I'm the captain of this motley band of fortune seekers. If they care to drink with ye, I'm sure they'll see their way to introducing themselves. Though I imagine you've met good Mister Gorestream."

Blake leaned closer.

"A land-locked priest of Besmara, eh? That's a tragic fate indeed. How did ye come upon such distressing circumstances?"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"I haven't actually met the fellow just shouted out a request." Merek respond's before Blake leans in.

"Well Captain" "Merek takes a big drink from his mug." "To make a long story short. 'Bout five years ago me ship was sank whilst I was making me voyage to Besmara's Throne. The plan was to meet up in Quent after year. As I was planning on staying at the Throne for awhile being a priest and all. However after nine months whilst me and the high priestess were communing with the pirate queen herself we found out that my ship had been sank by a man named Harrigan. I was tasked with avenging my crew to complete my holy orders. Been chasing rumors of that damned man ever since." Merek slams the rest of his drink wipes his mouth and motions to Gabby that he needs another.

"I've been going from port to port on merchants ships for most of the last 5 years chasing these rumors. Either working on the ship as a hired hand or just booking passage. Always leaving the ship with a bit more then when I boarded it. Once a pirate always a pirate, right? I got here to Senghor 'bout a month ago. Been staying here at the Winds Rest hoping to pick up some rumors. You see Anselm the owner" Merek nods his head in Anselm's direction "is a retired captain. So pirates tend to frequent here a bit more than the other taverns. Heard Harrigan was operating in the area so I've stayed here a bit longer then I usually do hoping to find a crew willing to let me join. Hopefully one that ain't scared o' the man." Having received another mug of ale from Gabby, Merek takes a drink and finishes his story saying "So what do you say son up for helping an old seadog get revenge?"

Show
    Blake and Merek look about the same age but as Undines age slowly Merek is an old in human terms.

http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Besmara's_Throne

http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Quent

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Rolling his shoulder, Rhagor takes his free drink and sips from it gingerly as he swaggers over to sit down alongside Captain Blake. Catching the tail end of what Merek was going on about, Rhagor bumped elbows with Blake as he continued snickering "Harrigan? Aye, we met t' bastard, killed his two cronies named somethin' or another and shanghaied their ship! Renamed it t' Godsend we did, aye we did. Now,'" Taking a heavy drink from his mug Rhagor stared at Merek and then over at Branna's derrière "For me favorite past time." And with that he let out a wolf whistle from the deepest depths of his animalistic soul.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2015-11-27 at 07:10 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Branna

The dwarf Branna was speaking to nodded his head once and made a gesture to one of his compatriots. A moment passed and room was made for Branna to the left of the dwarf. "Very well then, lass. We'll deal you in. T' game be called Bone Ace, but before we play, allow me t' introduce this motley band o' rascals. Me name's Arni, and you might say I'm t' leader o' this rabble. T' me starboard be me younger brother, Baldur. T' his starboard be our first-cousin (once removed on our father's side), Sindri. Lastly, me nephew, Tryggvi. This be his first trip off Widowmaker Isle, and we thought we'd show him some o' t' finer sights in t' southern seas while we recruit fighters." In the well-lit tavern, Branna was able to get a fairly decent look at the other three dwarves. Baldur was bald with a bushy red beard and an eyepatch. A pipe was clenched in his teeth and every now and then a puff of smoke went up in front of him. To Baldur's right was Sindri, and he appeared much older than the brothers, having a long, but neatly-groomed, grey beard. The dwarf wore spectacles and squinted at Branna. Lastly was Tryggvi, a young dwarf with only a passing start of a beard clinging to his chin, and the fellow was was so tall for a dwarf that he could've passed for a human.

Seamus

Gabby blushed at Seamus' comment and scoffed as she put more muscle into scrubbing the bar. "Pssh. The only thing most folks come here to do is drink themselves silly, listen to the music, or start fights, though I'm happy to note that has only happened a few times on account of old Gertrude here." Gabby grinned and lifted an old flintlock pistol from behind the bar. "I keep Gertrude loaded just in case someone gets fresh with me after too many drinks, but I've only ever had to use her to 'persuade' some folks to take their fighting outside. This is a respectable tavern, and I aim to keep it that way." Gabby placed the weapon back out of sight and smiled at Seamus' other question, "Him? That's Merek; Merek Waverider..."

Before she could continue, Gabby's father interrupted, "Merek waverider, aye. Guid fellaw, but he is it fur somebody's bluid, ur sae Ah hear. Ah dinnae pry tay much intae other folks' business, min' ye, e'en th' ones Ah ken. Whit Ah can teel ye is 'at he is a priest ay th' Pirate Queen, an' therefair a body tae be cannie aroond, lest ye strike th' ire ay auld Besmara. Anythin' mair than 'at ye will hae tae ask heem."

Blackbeak

"Yes, I did," the female tengu replied, "And we've decided to take your offer. The money will be enough for us to return home, and by now we are all tired of these lands and islands. Would you like to meet the others as well?"

Rhagor

As Rhagor emitted his howl, several dozen heads turned in his direction before returning to his drink, save for several tavern-goers of the female persuasion. From somewhere behind the gnoll came a gasp and a thud, as one of them swooned and passed out. As the gnoll spun around, he could spot a comely woman laying flat on her back, her head turned to the side and her eyes shut. She looked to be in her mid-30s with long brown hair tied back in a ponytail. Next to her knelt a woman who bore a familiar resemblance to the unconscious lady, though perhaps 10 years or so older. She propped the other woman's head up on her lap as she knelt on the floor. "Maria! She's hit her head. Somebody, please, call a doctor or...something!"
    Last edited by Othniel; 2015-11-27 at 08:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Merek gets up from the table with Blake and Rhagor " 'Scuse me for a moment boys it seems this young lady needs some help."

He makes his way over to where the Maria is passed out. Assuming that she was just passed out from drinking and hit her head. He kneels over her and puts his hands over her face making it look like she has a jolly roger for a face and says in celestial while expending a use of fervor "Black lady cure this maiden that drank a wee bit to much honoring your name."

***If she wakes up***

"I hope you're feelin alright missy might want to lay off the drink for a little bit tonight. Afterall we don't want our favorite place to drink to get a bad reputation before the kitchen even opens. After saying this Merek makes his way back to the table and says "Sorry for the interuption."

***If she doesn't wake up***

Merek will make a heal check to try and figure out why the his fervor didn't wake the lass.

Show
    http://www.skullspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/skull-hand-tattoo.jpg closest pic i could find to help describe the tattoo. Merek's is a half of the jolly roger on each hand though so he has to cover the face with both to complete the holy symbol.

(2d6)[7] fervor healing
    (1d20+9)[29] heal check if needed

27. - Top - End - #297

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Branna

The dwarf Branna was speaking to nodded his head once and made a gesture to one of his compatriots. A moment passed and room was made for Branna to the left of the dwarf. "Very well then, lass. We'll deal you in. T' game be called Bone Ace, but before we play, allow me t' introduce this motley band o' rascals. Me name's Arni, and you might say I'm t' leader o' this rabble. T' me starboard be me younger brother, Baldur. T' his starboard be our first-cousin (once removed on our father's side), Sindri. Lastly, me nephew, Tryggvi. This be his first trip off Widowmaker Isle, and we thought we'd show him some o' t' finer sights in t' southern seas while we recruit fighters." In the well-lit tavern, Branna was able to get a fairly decent look at the other three dwarves. Baldur was bald with a bushy red beard and an eyepatch. A pipe was clenched in his teeth and every now and then a puff of smoke went up in front of him. To Baldur's right was Sindri, and he appeared much older than the brothers, having a long, but neatly-groomed, grey beard. The dwarf wore spectacles and squinted at Branna. Lastly was Tryggvi, a young dwarf with only a passing start of a beard clinging to his chin, and the fellow was was so tall for a dwarf that he could've passed for a human.

Branna smiled as she pulled up a chair. "Branna Lachlan, at yer service. Wow, Widowmaker Isle? Small world, nya - I grew up in Drenchport on Tempest Cay, right north of ye."

Spoiler: I am ready to play!
    Show
    Mind relinking me to the gambling rules?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Erebus

"Taken?" Erebus' red eyes narrow to slits. "What do you mean? And I'd need a lot more to go off of than 'brown hair'. Do you know how many swarthy humans there are? I think most of them come in the swarthy variety."

29. - Top - End - #299

As Branna chatted with the dwarves, she wiggled her bottom eagerly in her chair as Arni began to deal. "Have it."

Show
    Branna chooses to Quick Gamble using the rules found here: http://pfseconddarkness.wikidot.com/gambling

Charisma Check (with +2 Bonus from Bluff): (1d20+4)[19]

I'll start with a stake of 4 gp.

Branna smiled as she raked over her 6 gp at the end of the round, and awaited some more conversation from her new dwarf friends.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-11-29 at 06:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhagor, Merek, and anyone else concerned about the woman who fainted

As Merek's magic took effect, Maria's eyes fluttered open and she looked around at the faces gathered near her. "Ooh...what happened?"

Branna

""Drenchport, aye! I know it well. What I wouldn't give t' get me hands on t' recipe for Black Kelp Beer at t' Drowned Dwarf"..." Arni shuffled the cards and dealt them out expertly. "You should come visit us on Widowmaker Isle, Miss Lachlann. If you enjoy cards or other games o' chance and skill, or enjoy t' sight o' arena battles, you're likely t' appreciate t' place."

After the round was finished, and Branna's winnings awarded, Arni laughed, "So you do know your way around a pot! Shall we go another round?"

Erebus

"Taken! Stolen! Seduced by that...that...harpy, Pontia Vorelius." Tegwen's voice took on a bitter note and she kicked at the sandy seafloor, stirring up a cloud. The woman stared at the sand as it swirled through the water, and then returned her gaze to Erebus. "Will you help me? I want her to suffer, but more than that, I want my Owen back, safe and sound." Her voice once more took on a plaintive tone as she pleaded with the diminutive dragon. "Please? I can't go on land. I tried once, but the people there don't like me. They think I'm trying to lure the men to their deaths. I don't have many treasures, but I know the locations of some wrecks. And Pontia Vorelius is sure to have things of value as well, yes?"