New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bink's Wrath of the Righteous OOC

In light of a discovery about my own class (), I now have to roll for healing!

(1d8+1)[7]

Edit: My string of mostly non-Rob rolls persists! I roll the opposite as a player as I do as a DM!
    Last edited by Amazo; 2015-12-26 at 07:27 PM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Just a reminder - I will be AFK for essentially three months starting this coming Sunday morning. Officer Candidate School is essentially Basic Training for Commissioned Officers, and they don't give us time to play forum campaigns.

If the preference is to "bot" my PC, I totally understand. Alternatively, feel free to write him out as necessary.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

For everyone's info, I plan to bot him until at least the first "safe" place, where we will meet Gwynfrid. It may be easiest from there to bench him for the interim, and write him back in later.

4. - Top - End - #64

Turns out I actually needed Linguistics. Thanks for the background skills that actually let me take a rank of that!

(1d20+9)[18]
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

5. - Top - End - #65

Apparently the forum dice roller doesn't like me mixing to sizes of dice.

(1d20+9)[24]; (1d6)[4]

Edit: 28 total. Sweetness.
    Last edited by Amazo; 2016-01-07 at 12:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

It is my pleasure and privilege to introduce my new character, Elrembriel.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Elrembriel is a short, slender elf, with long, free-flowing hair of a nearly translucent white, very light blue eyes and fair skin with a hint of a golden hue. Her delicate facial features and slim elf ears would be considered very beautiful by some, but they are unfortunately marred with a frightful scar on her right cheek, looking like burned flesh, but with very sharply defined lines in the shape of a demonic claw.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    While old in non-elf years, Elrembriel hasn't reached adulthood, and for the most part her experience of the world is that of a spectator. She also has never interacted with humans, or most of the non-elf races before; or, for that matter, with males. That makes her very shy and awkward. She isn't naïve, however: On the contrary, her experience has rendered her wary, if not quite paranoid. The world as she had observed it in the crystal ball turned out to be very dangerous after all, and the one person she thought to count on betrayed her in the most awful way. Her thoughts wander between desperately craving for friendship and wanting to disappear from the world and go hide alone in any remote, safe place. She doesn't have any plans for her life, but she knows two things: she's at heart a good person and would never follow her mother's path; and demons are unnatural, disgusting, cruel beings that have no place on the surface of Golarion.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Elrembriel never knew her father. She grew up in an isolated wizard's tower, high in the Kodar Mountains - her mother's home. Tanieal never revealed to her daughter what had driven her from the beauty of her ancestral home in Kyonin, but from her mother's demeanor, the young girl think it more likely it was to escape the limitations elven society was placing on her thirst for arcane power. For power is and always was the primary driver of Tanieal's thoughts and actions. She did, nevertheless, have room in her heart for her little girl, and growing up Elrembriel never wanted for attention and love from her. Her mother was keen on her education, which she wanted, naturally, to involve mastery of the arcane arts. Elrembriel proved an able, if not overly eager student. Her mother was slightly disappointed that she didn't share her own passion for conjuring and binding powerful creatures from beyond, instead showing great talent in the field of divination and foresight. In truth, early on Elrembriel was slightly put off by the nature of some of the beasts Tanieal was showing her how to summon and control. She always argued that all the fiendish and loathsome things she was calling to serve her were no more than tools, evil used to combat evil, or just a way to learn about the things that lurk in the outside planes of reality. But still, demonic creatures frightened the young elf girl, and while she became competent in summoning, she would always prefer to learn about other things, such as what her natural curiosity would fancy: Left alone in the tower when her mother went away on her own errands, she toyed with many strange devices, teaching herself to gain control over them. She also befriended an animal, who had wandered through a window one night when she was just forty years old: A remarkably intelligent owl, who became her best friend. She named him Sruech'ul, or ""evening harmony"" in the Celestial tongue.

Tanieal also made sure her daughter wasn't completely isolated from the world even as she spent her early decades in a tower with only magical servants. Over the course of about fifty years, she used her great crystal ball to show Elrembriel a great deal of Golarion, from the great natural wonders all the way down to the life of common people. This allowed Elrembriel to see, hear and discover, although she never enjoyed true connection and friendship with actual people. As a result, she turned into something of a dreamy girl, imagining what her life could be outside of the tower - especially when she became able to use the crystal ball on her own to explore by herself.

This secluded life ended when Tanieal, for reasons she refused to give her daughter, decided to leave her tower and visit the Worldwound, of all places. She remained vague as to her motivations, only mentioning that she had found allies from whom she was hoping to learn much. They ended up in Drezen, a city populated primarily by demons and evil, deformed beasts. Nothing in her life had prepared Elrembriel for the horrible experience of the few weeks she spent there. She was protected by her mother's powerful magic, but the perversion and violence she witnessed threatened to break her mind and throw her into madness. She kept begging Tanieal to leave this horrible place, but her mother scolded her, each time less patiently than the last - and, looking at her frenzied eyes, she started to worry that Tanieal may have been going mad.

This all came to a head when, one night, she had a terrible nightmare: She was lying down, paralyzed and powerless as her own mother delivered her to the clutches of an eight-armed, twisted female monster! The demon stroke her cheek, slowly, with a burning claw - that's when she woke up in pain and terror. Looking at a mirror, she saw a dark mark on her face, that wouldn't go away, and still throbbed painfully. She understood with atrocious clarity that her vision represented a glimpse of her near future. Unable to accept such a soul-destroying reality, she got up and ran towards her mother's room. From behind the door, she heard her talking to somebody. She had loathed learning the horrid language of the Abyss, but the unpleasant work paid off on that occasion. The conversation was between Tanieal and one of her more frequently summoned allies: Indeed, her crazed mother was preparing to sacrifice her own daughter to some lord of the demons, in exchange for a trove of magical secrets. The gods must have been smiling on Elrembriel that night, because, when she flew away in terror, she somehow managed to escape the demons' notice and flee their city on foot, unharmed.

The terrified elf girl ran to the east, guided by the stars. When the day came, she found her sojourn among the denizens of the Abyss had changed her: She was able to see better at night, but when the sun came up, she found its light harmful to her shadow-accustomed eyes. That was both a boon and a curse, but she didn't care - she simply moved forward, prodded by some survival instinct working against her despair and pain. She trekked across the land, managing to find sustenance on the way thanks to her memories of watching forest people forage in the wilderness. After several weeks eking out a survival, she ended up in a human city: Kenabres.

Her return in the land of humanity didn't begin well. Like all refugees from the Worldwound, she was first and foremost a suspect, kept in jail for weeks to undergo strict scrutiny, as people feared she'd be a demon in disguise. The ugly charred mark on her right cheek, looking like a burn in the strange shape of a claw, didn't do her any favors either when interrogators believed it to be some sort of unholy symbol.
    Finally, after two months of endless questions and divinations, she was let go. As she went out, it was evening, and for the first time since she had left home, her spirits were lifted: Sruech'ul, whom she had reluctantly left behind in Tanieal's tower months earlier, had crossed the great distance and come to join her.

Finding herself alone and penniless, among crowds of people for the first time in her life - few of which showing any sympathy towards her - she mostly wanted to hide. She wandered in the city, ending up in an abandoned house that seemed to her as good a refuge as any. Over the next few days, she survived by having Sruech'ul steal food for her. Out of boredom, she explored the house thoroughly, relying on Sruech'ul's keen senses and her own divination and detection powers. As luck would have it, she would a hidden passage in the cellar, leading to a steep underground tunnel. Stranded in a city that didn't want her, with all her bonds to her normal world painfully severed, she decided to go down in search of... she didn't exactly know what, but something else than this non-life.

After several days of exploring, sometimes fighting vermin, fleeing wandering undead and other monsters, she began to starve, unable to find enough food to sustain herself. Exhausted, she collapsed on the ground. She fell into a semi-delirious sleep, and in all likelihood this should have been the end of her story.

She woke up, however, and when she did, she found herself tended to by somebody unlike any creature she knew of. Her savior had the appearance of a woman, except for a sharp beak in place of a mouth and long brown feathers passing for hair. Her name was Trondaal, and over the next few days she brought Elrembriel back to health. The young elf now found herself a refugee, accepted in a community of strange people living in the underworld. These were mongrelmen, beings with misshapen bodies and a deep-seated fear of strangers - both traits eerily similar to her own situation, and this created a bond between them, as outcasts rejected by the world of humanity.

Over the next three months, Elrembriel developed friendships with Trondaal as well as other mongrelfolk, and started to pull her own weight by putting her arcane powers and alchemical talent to good communal use. It seemed she had found a new life, and started to get used to the idea of settling down here for a very long time.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2016-01-12 at 11:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Gotta roll me some initiative: (1d20+3)[21]

Apparently I have some rather speedy indecision.
    Last edited by Amazo; 2016-01-24 at 10:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

On DM's request, acid-dropping owl here:
    Ranged touch (1d20+5)[16] damage (1d6)[2] and 1 splash within 5 feet.

9. - Top - End - #69

Elrembriel:
    Foresight (1d20)[14] - If that roll is 6 or better, I'll use it.
    Otherwise, Climb (1d20-1)[9]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rolls! Yay!

Spellcraft: (1d20+8)[28]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+8)[16]

Here's hoping?
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

11. - Top - End - #71

In case help is needed with Spellcraft:

(1d20+11)[12]
    (1d20+11)[20]

EDIT: well, duh.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2016-02-02 at 01:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Here's another Knowledge (religion) check for Baphomet lore: (1d20+9)[17] plus (1d6)[4] for a total of 21.

Makes me wish I could use the roll from IDing the holy symbol...
    Last edited by Amazo; 2016-02-03 at 09:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Suggestion: Decapitate both corpses and carry the heads for identification. I'm not sure Aurora would think that up, but I'd like to give someone the opportunity to suggest it. Seems like a good happy medium between "leave them!" and "drag 300 lbs of dead body with us"
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+4)[9] W init
    (1d20+3)[6] A init
    (1d20+4)[22] E init
    (1d20+4)[21] M init
    (1d20+4)[9] F init

(1d20+1)[6] MM inits

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+3)[16] Initiative
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Initiative (1d20+4)[5]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I guess I owe one of these as well:

Initiative: (1d20+4)[22]

18. - Top - End - #78

Botched roll, Perception (1d20+6)[22]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d6)[5] Lay On Hands
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Crit Confirm (1d20+6)[22]

Crit Damage (2d8+10)[24]
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d6)[5] Lay On Hands
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Morevek Spellcraft: (1d20+9)[23]

23. - Top - End - #83

Free action: Prescience (1d20)[15] - good, I'll keep that
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2016-04-04 at 10:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

On a side note, I will calm down my visuals.

Was a little much.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Botched channel positive energy roll: 2 usages for (2d6)[10] HP healed
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+1)[14] Rollin' for the stuffs
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Waylan's Knowledge: Religion to know the significance of Radiance: (1d20+5)[19]
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

28. - Top - End - #88

NecromancerGuy

Hi everyone! I am going to level up Filburn and try to be ready when the party and he rejoin each other shortly. Please feel free to help me check over the work and confirm that I have him done properly.

Of note is that he is an Arcane Duelist Bard, so many of the skill-oriented things are gone. I originally intended him to be in the front lines as a melee combatant with magic for support. If needed I can spend a couple of skill points in some Knowledge skills or in Disable Device.

HPs - Average +1 (11 from first level, +5 for HD, +2 for Con, +1 for Favored Class = 19 total)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Re sense motive: you don't get the impression that the mongrel would be capable of deceit in his current state. Certainly, his hatred for Hosilla was genuine, as seems his concern for his brethren.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+26)[30] CC
    (1d8+5)[8] Crit Damage
    Show