The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Be a space ninja - it's free to play!

Players by Platform

PC
    Keledrath: Keledrath
    iFenrys: Fenrys
    Krade: Krade2k20
    Thrice Dead Cat: ThriceDeadCat
    Hiro Protagonest: HiroProtagonest
    Mobius Twist: MobiusTwist
    Mangosta71: Thasaidon
    Eldariel: Gilalar
    codenpeg: codepage9
    Sholos: Veebeebee
    krazzman: Krezdorim
    almarck: almarck
    Astral Avenger: NuclearAstral
    IZ42:corsair238
    TheifofZ:Okibruez
    Rain Dragon: Jion-Zyn

PS4
    Snowbluff: Snowbluff
    Typewriter: phleing
    TheMycon: TheMycon

I recently had a friend start playing and I sent him a bunch of information on the game. I'm going to include that here for people new to the game.

Spoiler: Mission Types
    Show

Exterminate - Kill all enemies

Survival - Go as long as you can, don't pop life support modules unless below 50% (generally speaking) because a module grants 30% and anything above 100% is wasted.

Defense - Defend an item against 5 waves of enemies, then stay or go. If you stay things get harder.

Capture - Beat a guy up and press [the designated button for your choice of gaming platform] to capture him. He'll try to run and lock you out of the rooms he's in - he can escape if you don't stay on top of him.

Rescue - Get to a guy in a cell and free him. If you're seen on your way they'll start gassing him and you may not have time to find him. After he's free all you have to do is get to extraction, but he can die before you do so.

Sabotage - Rush to the target and destroy it.

Mobile Defense - Carry a thing around and use it at designated places. While carrying it you can only use your secondary weapon.

Spy - Avoid traps and other obstacles. If you're detected (in the spy room) the bad guys will delete the data you're there to steal and a timer starts. Avoid detection and get 3x the affinity (experience)

Excavation - Get to a place and defend an excavator. You can do one excavation or multiple. Enemies drop battery packs to fuel the excavators - it takes 3 to give an item enough juice to finish.

Interception - Battle with the enemy to keep control of four points, you gain % the more points you control, and the first team (you or the bad guy) to 100% 'wins'.

NOTE: Endless missions
    Defense, survival, excavation, and interception all get harder the longer you stick around. These are great places to farm XP or for other resources. Loot drops come in a rotation that goes A, A, B, C, and then repeats forever. As an example, if you want something that drops from rotation C on defense you'd have to survive 20 rounds for a chance at it, or 40 rounds for a second chance.
    Defense

Spoiler: Mission Variations
    Show

Modifiers - Like the cold that cuts your shields in half sometimes you'll find a random ass modifier that changes some stuff up.

Nightmare - Enemies do more damage and are generally higher level. Random modifiers do things like remove shield, cause a constant bleed effect, or other random ones (low gravity).

Change of Plans - I haven't seen this one recently so it may not be around anymore, but sometimes a mission would suddenly change. Like you'll be halfway through a sabotage mission, and Lotus will say, "Change of plans, wipe them all out" and now you're in an exterminate mission.

Alerts - Special challenges, only up for a limited time, usually with special rewards. Back in the day I used to watch Twitter to keep track of Warframe Alerts so I could get home and reap the rewards if something good came up while I was at work. Now I just play the game and hope not to miss anything good.

Infestation - Sometimes an area of the map will be under attack by the 'infested' and you'll have the option to help out someone. You'll have to do the mission three times, but you'll get a special reward once the outbreak is over. The outbreak ends when all players complete the mission type enough times (marked by a % bar).

Choose a side - Sometimes two factions will fight and you can join in. This is like the infestation mission variation (3 completions required) except you can choose which faction to support / which reward to claim.

Orokin Void / Orokin Derelicts - Special mission areas with variations in enemy strength. High credit rewards with a chance at 'prime' components or other rare rewards. Rare mods can drop in vault areas you can encounter - vaults often feature time based parkour challenges/races to get to the rewards. Vault areas are great for practicing your parkour(parkour!).

Spoiler: Frames
    Show

Support - Some frames can do things like increase drops, heal the team, buff allies, etc. etc. Trinity and Nekros are a couple of these frames.

Offense - Some frames do damage and their abilities are based around this. Nova is a great damage dealer to crowds of enemies, Ember burns a lot of things but is generally considered to be one of the weaker frames.

Defense - Some frames have abilities that allow you to block off portions of the map, or perform other area of denial sort of abilities. Frost has a snowglobe that blocks incoming fire while slowing those who enter - great for
    defense missions.

Crowd Control - A lot of Frames have abilities that allow them to take enemies out of the fight for a bit. Nyx puts illusions into enemy minds so they attack each other. Rhino has a stomp that can stun a group for a short amount of time. Nova is able to slow opponents with one of her damage dealing abilities. Mag can pull enemies away from defense objectives, which can be very helpful at times.

Solo - Some frames make solo play a bit easier. If you want to rush missions Loki is fast and sneaky. If you want to just run and play Rhino is a beast.

Situational - Some frames really shine in certain areas. Mag is great against Corpus because they use shields and Mag can nuke shields.

Other - Some frames are 'meh'. Oberon is alright, but doesn't really shine anywhere. Some are fun to play, but not necessarily the best options.

If you're interested in a particular play style you're best option is to post your preferred style and look for advice or to go to the wiki and read up on the various frames there.

Spoiler: Weapons
    Show

Crit - Weapons have a crit chance and a crit damage modifier. Some weapons are better specced towards crits than others. Soma has a high crit chance and can get up to 75+ percent crit chance with something like a x4(or higher) modifier. Other weapons have lower crit ranges so it's not worth building towards that.

Reload/Clip Size/etc. - Most of this is pretty self explanatory, and you'll usually care more about damage than these things. Fire rate can increase your DPS, reload might be good if you have a small clip size, but for the most part these are personal preference.

Damage Types - Impact, Puncture, Slash = Most weapons are comprised of some combination of these three damage types. They perform differently against different enemies, but only really matter when it comes to mods (I'll explain more under 'mods')

Damage Types - Elemental = Some weapons do elemental damage by default, either in addition to other damage or purely elemental. Other times you can add elemental damage via mods. Elements put debuffs on opponents and perform differently against different opponent types.

Spoiler: Crafting
    Show

Frames - Some frames mean farming a boss over and over, while others might drop at certain points in certain defense missions, or others might come from doing a quest. Regular frame blueprints are always for sale for credits, where the three components are gotten in those other various ways.

Weapons - Most of the time weapons are simple - buy the blueprint and craft it. Sometimes weapons will require other weapons as components. Or two. Some weapons require special parts that drop from boss fights (or other missions) and require farming like frame components.

Prime Items - Prime items are like their regular counterparts but sort of better. Prime weapons always require a certain amount of parts to farm out in order to acquire but are generally slightly better than their non-prime variants. Prime Frame parts are dropped from various different rooking void/derelict areas - a helmet might drop from defense 1, where a systems only drops from survival 3. Prime blueprints can't be bought and must be farmed like the other 3 components. A prime variant counts as a separate item than it's regular counterpart when it comes to mastery rank (more under experience/mastery)

Keys - You can craft keys for various things, it's pretty straightforward.

Other - You can craft cosmetic items if you get the blueprints, or certain rare materials (if you get the blueprints) and stuff like that.

Spoiler: Mods
    Show

Slots - You have 8 slots available for modding with regular mods, one 'exilus' slot, and one aura slot.

Polarity - Some slots have a symbol in the corner. If you put a mod here with a matching symbol the cost is cut in half. If the symbol doesn't match the cost increases (by 2?).

Aura - Aura mods do various things for the team you're in. Aura mods stack so you could have four people running rifle damage and be dealing +100% + damage with rifles. Having an aura mod in gives you points for slotting mods, double if you have a properly matched polarity.

Exilus - Exilus mods are quality of life mods - things that make you move faster or jump higher. It takes quite a bit of game time before you can really take advantage of exilus mods.

Rank - Mods have ranks and require a certain number of points to equip. You have points equal to your level, plus whatever you're getting from your aura.

Frame Mods - You can mod your frame to do various things such as increased speed, resistance to certain elements, more health, more shields, etc. etc. as well as modify your core frame abilities. There are mods to increase ability strength, duration, range, and power efficiency (reduce cost). Some of these mods are direct (at max rank, cost is reduced by 30%) while others have penalties (cost is reduced by 70%, but range is decreased by 20%). Sometimes these penalties don't matter, sometimes they do. It's not always intuitive what 'stat' effects what ability so your best bet is to look it up on the Wiki. Look up a frame your interested in, then click on "Abilities" find an ability you're curious about then click on "Maximization" and it'll tell you how the ability is affected by various abilities.

Weapon Mods - Increase various stats, add elemental damage, etc. etc. You have to be careful with this at times because some mods will do things like "Add 60% puncture damage" and if you're not paying attention you might put that on a weapons that does 500 damage (400 slashing, 90 piercing, 10 puncturing) and this mod would only increase your damage by 6 (60% of the 10 puncturing your doing). As for elemental mods those just add elemental damage as a percentile of the total weapon damage. So if it does 500 damage and you add 90% fire then you now deal 500 damage and 450 fire. If you put two elemental mods on a weapon they'll combine into a new element.

Companion Mods - Companion mods do various things. Mine has an ability that restores my shields when they drop (on a timed cooldown I believe), some increase drop chance or determine attack order. There's lots of variations.

Mod Order - The order your mods go in matter (sometimes). Left - Right, Top - Bottom. For weapons this determines how elements get combined. If you have cold, electric, fire (in that order) you'll get magnetic (cold + electric) and fire damage. For companions it determines AI - if the first thing you have enabled is "Give me shields" then the thing will give you shields the second they drop. If you have "attack enemies within range" before "Give me shields" then it won't give you shields if there's an enemy in range.

Orokin Catalyst/Reactors (Potatoes) - Called Potatoes by the community because of their shape, these items allow you to double the mod capacity of items (2x level instead of 1x). Occasionally blueprints for these will drop from alerts and/or be rewards for infestation or choosing a side. More commonly people buy them from the store for 20 Plat. If you're being frugal it's wise to save these until you have a frame/weapon you really like.

Forma - Forma is a bit more common than potatoes, but still a rare component that has to be crafted from 'hard to find' blueprints. You can put a piece of Forma into a frame or a weapon in order to change one polarity slot. You can either change one existing polarity slot, or you can add a polarity slot to an otherwise empty one. You can only put Forma onto a level 30 item and doing so resets the item level to 0(unranked).

Spoiler: Leveling/Mastery
    Show

Leveling - You earn experience by killing things and completing missions. You also have a chance at getting experience as a login reward so it's sometimes a good idea to equip low level stuff before turning the game off - chance to give it a nice boost when it comes back. Some missions are better for farming XP than others - endless missions, especially Draco on Ceres can take a frame or weapon from unranked to max in a short period of time. Abusing this can result in a lack of understanding in your abilities/gear though, so be careful - play the game for a while before you dedicate yourself to farming this mission.

Mastery Rank - Mastery determines a number of things from how many trades you can do in a day, to what gear you can equip, to other various things. Most of this is relatively minor, but it's still nice to level up as much as possible (or at least until you get to rank 8 when you can use everything).

Mastery Experience - The first time you level a piece of equipment it grants mastery. If you level a piece of gear to level 15 and then sell it, but buy it again later it won't gain any mastery experience for you until you hit level 16 with it. If you forma a piece of gear and reset the level to 1 it will not grant mastery experience again. There are item variants that grant their own mastery experience, but these are distinctly different. Mag gives you mastery experience, Mag Prime will also give you mastery experience. A Viper sidearm grants mastery experience, twin vipers grant mastery, wraith twin vipers grant mastery. These are all separate items and grant experience separately. You also gain a small amount of mastery experience the first time you finish a mission. So do missions!

Spoiler: Parkour (Parkour!)
    Show

Wall running - If you run and jump at a wall while moving you should run up it for a bit. A bit buggy at times. You can also run along a wall. This can be chained if you jump to an opposing wall after a bit of a run. If you want to run up a wall then jump to the wall behind you can do that as well, but will require you to quickly turn the camera (you seem to need to be facing the wall you want to run up).

Sliding - Tap L1 (sorry, I'm console) while running to slide. If you jump while sliding you'll do a flip. Tap L1 in the air to slide kick and gain momentum. Rinse and repeat for fast movement.

Bullet Jump - Press jump while holding L1 and you'll jump incredibly high/far. It does a small bit of AoE damage when you do so.

Gliding - Aim while flying through the air and your fall speed will lessen and you'll glide gently to safety.

Spoiler: Platinum
    Show

How to Get - Buy it or trade for it.

Buy it? - I generally approach the game from this perspective - I'll spend an amount of money equal to that of a new game for every amount of time I put into it that I would have put into a new game. If a normal game is 30 hours and 60$ I'm willing to spend 60$ for every 30 hours. I'm also what the gaming industry generally refers to as a 'whale' so my opinion may not be worth much. Opposite me are people who play the game without ever spending a cent and they are doing just as fine as I am - there is no need to pay for platinum - especially if you're patient.

Trading? - Detailed write up below

Personal Recommendation - If you like the game and plan on playing a bit I recommend at least buying some. The best value (in my opinion) is the Prime Access pack which costs about 60 or 70 dollars. It comes with some stuff that is hard to get, some experience/credit boosters, and gives you a bunch of Platinum (2700-ish I think). This is enough for you to buy a bunch of frame/weapon slots as well as some quality of life improvements, some reactors/catalysts for your favorite weapons/frames, and enough to buy some hard to get mods from the trade chat that you might want. If you're even reasonable thrifty this amount of Platinum will last you a loooooong time.

What to buy - Slots for your frames and weapons. Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are great for increasing the power of your frames/weapons and are priced decently (20P each) I personally like to purchase Sentinels for Plat rather than craft them because the cost is high (100k for blueprint, more to craft, plus materials) where as if you buy them then the sentinel and the weapon it comes with both have potatoes installed (which would normally be 40P). I've bought some rare mods from other players, I've bought some Void keys from other players I've bought some Prime parts from other players. In rare instances it may be worth it to you to buy a frame - some are exceedingly difficult to farm for (Mesa, Vauban). Some people recommend against Reactors because there tend to be a few blueprints available between new frame releases. This is true, but there are a lot of frames to play catch up on, and if you don't want to wait to upgrade a favorite 20P isn't a lot.

What not to buy:

NEVER BUY CREDITS - This is a rip-off to the 1000th degree. 90P for 30k credits. For 90P you could probably buy 45 void keys from other players and find random people to run them in the recruitment channel which would get you 500k credits. It takes slightly more time but is so, so, so much better of a value.

NEVER BUY MOD PACKS - Five random mods for 75P - random is random. You won't get anything good. If you want specific mods buy them from other players.

NEVER BUY ARMOR CORES - This is almost as big of a rip-off as the credits. Armor cores are easy to come by and can be bought from other players for 1-2P each. 75P for 3 or 5 is just insanely worthless.

NEVER BUY KEY PACKS - Keys can be bought from other players for 2-5(at most!)P each. A key pack gives 3(5?) random keys for 75P. RIPOFF.

Rarely buy crafting materials / NEVER BUY CRAFTING MATERIALS - I'm not going to judge if you're about to craft something and you're one 10P item short of getting it done... meh. There are so many times you need to farm in this game that you can usually work material crafting into your regular farming, so buying materials is something that rarely needs to be done. On the other hand, Keledrath points out that it is a ripoff no matter how you shake it compared to other things.

Rarely buy frames - Frames are a bit pricy, but come with a slot and a potato already installed. If the frame is cheap and you want it... it's not the worst thing in the world. If a frame is absurdly hard to farm and you want it... do what you have to do. The prices are fairly high though.

Rarely buy weapons - Weapons come with a potato and a slot, but good god are they overpriced. Some weapons might be worth it if they have absurdly high crafting requirements, but for the most part I avoid buying weapons. There is one weapon that requires another weapon, that requires two other weapons, etc. etc. that I just bought for Plat because it was easier. Most of the time farming/building is just a better option.

Sometimes Rush - I generally try to time my crafting so that I'll have what I want the following day. For something this doesn't work - frames take 3 days. I have, at times, built the three components normally, then rushed the full frame blueprint for 50P. Generally, rushing isn't a great value, but sometimes.... sometimes it helps.

Choose Cosmetics - You can buy color palettes, there are skins for some frames that change their patterns, cosmetic helmets, cosmetic scarfs. There are cosmetic armor pieces for you and your sentinel. I have a fancy skin for my ship and I used fancy colors on it. I think you can also buy bobbleheads for your ship.

Spoiler: Trading
    Show

You have to be Mastery Rank 2 and have crafted a dojo key to trade.

You can trade with other players, and is how many players earn Platinum. Generally speaking you can buy/sell mods, certain resources, prime components/blueprints, keys, and a bit more. You can't buy/sell regular frames or regular weapons or blueprints or anything like that.

You can find people to trade with in several places - online at the Wartrade subreddit, online at the trading forum on the warframe forums both have reasonable prices but it's sometimes hard to get into contact with people. Much more commonly there is a trading channel where you can buy/sell things. This place is hectic, but usable. Prices aren't fixed, so you pretty much just need to see what others are selling things for and try to get a comparable price out. Alternatively you can just say, "WTB Nova Prime Helment, PM offers" and you'll get some PMs or you can say, "WTS Nova Prime Systems, PM offers" and you may get some responses.

Once you have a trading partner you go to one of your two guys dojos and use the trading kiosk to trade. There is a tax on platinum just like there are on other things, so don't bother trying to trade if you're broke.

Spoiler: Grouping
    Show

When you join a regular mission the game will group you with other people playing the same mission. Sometimes this'll mean dropping in during the middle of a mission, other times it'll be before it starts. Once you start a mission there's still a chance for people to join you up until a certain point (people can't join survival after 5 minutes for instance). If you're playing the game in 'private' mode you can pause but grouping is disabled.

The void/derelicts don't have public matchmaking, but if you post in the 'recruitment' channel you'll get people looking to join you. Just say, "Hosting T1 Defense", or something and you'll get interest most of the time. Or you can wait for people to post looking for people, but this is a bit hard to do at low levels because they might be looking for specific frames to join the team.

Spoiler: Other Info
    Show

Q: How good of a build is xyz?

A: Find out here!

Q: Where can I find a specific prime part?

A: Here! Note - Drop tables may be different if you're playing on console. You can find drop tables, by gaming platform, on the warframe wiki as well.

Q: What weapons are good? What should I avoid?

A: This isn't mine, it's just something I found on reddit a while back and have found to be fairly valuable. Keledrath points out that some of the information here is invalid and that it also discounts status related builds. All I can attest to is that I chose about a half dozen weapons to build for end-game off the list and I've been happy with all of them. Make sure to take the recommendations in that file with a grain of salt!

Beyond that, I'd simply say to not worry about it too much. You only have to worry about "what's good" pretty far into the game, up until that point just about everything is viable, and many weapons have unique or defining characteristics that make them all fun to use.

Q: Where should I farm for rare cores?

A: Draco, Ceres has a good chance of dropping them at the 'B' rotation (3 rounds).
    Triton Neptune drops them in the 'A' rotation with about a 25% rate. You can get in, do 2 extractors, and leave, or you can stick around a bit longer for a second, third, or fourth shot at A rotation.
    Caelus, Uranus is an archwing mission that has a pretty decent drop rate for cores on rotation A (waves 1, 2, 5, 6, etc.)

Q: Where should I farm for XP/Affinity?

A: Draco, Ceres - but avoid doing this if you're new to the game. You can really confuse yourself if you wind up overpowered with no understanding of the game mechanics.
    Any defense mission.
    Spy missions - if you remain undetected in a spy room (each spy mission has 3 rooms) you get triple the XP from them. Better for leveling weapons, because your frame selection is probably a bit limited (Loki) if you're trying the stealth approach.
    Last edited by Typewriter; 2015-11-02 at 09:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Subbing.

Well, I'll be farming up credits and materials this weekend. Still need my nunchuks.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Please add me to the PC round up (Krezdorim).

Just got some Delta Beacon o.O i'll google it up now.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post

It was used for making the key to fight Vay Hek before they added him as a normal node on earth.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #5

SolithKnightGuy

I added a bunch of 'help' sections to the post - it's all written from the basis of personal opinion/perspective so if anyone thinks that some changes are necessary please let me know.

You're added, and if I recall correctly it's an old event item that currently does nothing. I had to look it up when it happened to me too.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Notes:
    Capture: Ug. Console controls :P
    Endless Missions: You say 15 and 35 for C rotation, but it's 20 and 40
    Damage Types: Impact, Puncture, Slash
    Rarely Buy Crafting Material: This should be a NEVER in bold size 5 font. If you want to spend the plat, spend it on the BLUEPRINTS for Neurodes, Neural Sensors, and O-cells. Seriously, total ripoff. I also recommend against buying Reactors, but for buying Catalysts. There's usually 2-3 reactor blueprints between frame releases, but weapon releases are FAR more common than catalyst alerts.

I'd also add links to Warframe Builder and the drop table for Prime parts

Also, commentary on the weapon list: It's pretty bad. The Vectis Prime is disappointing, but unless you have Primed Chamber I can't really see how it's a DPS loss. Also, they place no value on Status build weapons, where things like the Lecta and the Dark Dagger can shine (radiation/Viral EVERYWHERE)

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #7

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Notes:
    Capture: Ug. Console controls :P
    Endless Missions: You say 15 and 35 for C rotation, but it's 20 and 40
    Damage Types: Impact, Puncture, Slash
    Rarely Buy Crafting Material: This should be a NEVER in bold size 5 font. If you want to spend the plat, spend it on the BLUEPRINTS for Neurodes, Neural Sensors, and O-cells. Seriously, total ripoff. I also recommend against buying Reactors, but for buying Catalysts. There's usually 2-3 reactor blueprints between frame releases, but weapon releases are FAR more common than catalyst alerts.

I'd also add links to Warframe Builder and the drop table for Prime parts

Also, commentary on the weapon list: It's pretty bad. The Vectis Prime is disappointing, but unless you have Primed Chamber I can't really see how it's a DPS loss. Also, they place no value on Status build weapons, where things like the Lecta and the Dark Dagger can shine (radiation/Viral EVERYWHERE)
    I have acknowledge all of the points you brought up, though I also included notes alongside some of them. I did keep the link to the weapon list because it has done a lot of good for me (and it's a better starting place than nowhere) but I did include your comments about it discounting status builds and being inaccurate on some points.

EDIT: I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the reason he states the DPS is lower is because of the mods charged/primed chamber. It also looks to have a higher base damage, but lower slash damage which may be factored into certain builds the individual that created the sheet may have been accounting for.
    Last edited by Typewriter; 2015-09-16 at 02:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

It was used for making the key to fight Vay Hek before they added him as a normal node on earth.
    Aye, the keys are still perfectly functional but the only difference in the node on Oro and the node the key opens up seems to be that the key Vay Hek is of higher level. However, if you go to Inventory -> Resources, you can sell the Beacons I believe so you can use them as supplemental credit caches if you feel so inclined.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-09-16 at 03:39 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Typewriter View Post
    EDIT: I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the reason he states the DPS is lower is because of the mods charged/primed chamber. It also looks to have a higher base damage, but lower slash damage which may be factored into certain builds the individual that created the sheet may have been accounting for.
    Charged Chamber isn't enough to make the difference, I think. Primed Chamber is, but that's the rarest mod in the game by miles (DE gives it as contest rewards, it sells for somewhere in the vicinity of 1mil plat or something like that). So it has absolutely nothing to do with 99.999% of the community.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #10

SolithKnightGuy

Charged Chamber isn't enough to make the difference, I think. Primed Chamber is, but that's the rarest mod in the game by miles (DE gives it as contest rewards, it sells for somewhere in the vicinity of 1mil plat or something like that). So it has absolutely nothing to do with 99.999% of the community.
    Fair enough - I was looking at the wiki for justification for why he said the DPS was lower and that was an element that was specifically called out.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah.

However, there's even a fix for that. Depleted Reload drops the Vectis Prime's clip size down to 1, on top of a sizable increase to reload speed. So now it works with Primed/Charged Chamber, and shoots faster on top of that.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #12

SolithKnightGuy

Yeah.

However, there's even a fix for that. Depleted Reload drops the Vectis Prime's clip size down to 1, on top of a sizable increase to reload speed. So now it works with Primed/Charged Chamber, and shoots faster on top of that.
    Yeah, but then that's one fewer damage mods that you have on.

So, this is what I found from a quick search on reddit:

Spoiler: Vectis v Vectis Prime
    Show

Here's a quick and dirty reason why normal Vectis does more damage.

Every two shots is a good cut that represents the nyquist frequency for capturing damage data.

0.75 seconds delay between first and second shot on Vectis prime, followed by 0.9 second reload (since we shave off the fire rate delay with the fast reload.) This is 1.65 seconds per two shot over infinitely long time.

Compare to normal vectis with 0.9 second reload and eliminated fire rate delay. 1.8 seconds per two shots.

This end up being a very very small difference that doesn't matter.

In addition, since Charged Chamber represents a significant damage increase which compounds with ELEMENTAL MODS in addition to base damage mods, The single shot of the Vectis will therefore do 14.8k damage on average with 4 90% elemental mods, serration, heavy caliber, split chamber all maxed on average when multishot chance is taken into account.

The damage from charged chamber is a WHOPPING

No mods on Vectis Prime can possibly compensate for this, since elementals add around 1k by themselves, nor can the additional base damage, which only compounds with the elemental mods and is not stacked on top like charged chamber. The addition of Shred to try to make the Vectis Prime shoot faster also further drops the damage per shot due to opportunity costs. Nor does it make sense to reload the Vectis Prime after the first shot, since it is 1.65 seconds to get the weapon ready again in total regardless of whether or not you fire the second shot, so you might as well fire it.

Vectis gets a huge damage boost over Vectis Prime.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground

Basically, without Depleted Reload, Vectis Prime cannot be reloaded instantaneously after shooting both shells but it has to wait one more "fire rate" to do it. Vectis can be manually reloaded instantaneously. Depleted Reload fixes that but gives you serious mod slot issues: if you go for max DPS, you have to give up on either crit or Heavy Caliber (which is fine at ranges but DPS-wise if you're using it as a lever-action rifle at middle ranges, it hurts like hell). Thus, overall you end up with less though it's not without conditionals and Depleted Reload did fix the one huge issue the gun had (but to make the most out of Depleted Reload DPS, you have to aim, reload and fire helluva fast so it's mostly theoretical too).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Patch day has brought us a new quest, go see Darvo on the relay, and watch for spoilers.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Basically, without Depleted Reload, Vectis Prime cannot be reloaded instantaneously after shooting both shells but it has to wait one more "fire rate" to do it. Vectis can be manually reloaded instantaneously. Depleted Reload fixes that but gives you serious mod slot issues: if you go for max DPS, you have to give up on either crit or Heavy Caliber (which is fine at ranges but DPS-wise if you're using it as a lever-action rifle at middle ranges, it hurts like hell). Thus, overall you end up with less though it's not without conditionals and Depleted Reload did fix the one huge issue the gun had (but to make the most out of Depleted Reload DPS, you have to aim, reload and fire helluva fast so it's mostly theoretical too).
    If the multishot changes do what they're expected to, Split Chamber will work as a semi-reliable fix too :D
    Though it would be nice to knock off that extra 10 percent and bring it up to 100% multishot.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

can't do the quest since I still only did one mission on sedna so far :O

Currently going for the Chroma Quest. Leveling Valkyr soon (it's still unranked) then Vauban who should finish in ~12 hours.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

That was a fun lil quest. Got a rare cache while doing the rescue aswell so it was a nice bonus
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The new quest and noggle are a nice nod to the community and fan comics. It's sadly very short, however.

I finally finished forma-ing my Tigris and have moved on to the new Cernos. I'm going to see how it works with Shred and Critical Delay. It might eat a forma or two, too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Contemplating my actions....

Valkyr seems fun with her invicibility (just got her to rank 10, couldn't test it yet.) But I don't know if I should potatoe her since I only got 50 plat left again and dunno about Vauban or Chroma (have yet to start the quest....)
    Another problem is I really start to like the Sancti castanas. The normal Castanas were crap but the syndicate one? It was basically the reason I survived the Defense mission just yet, joined with a rank 5 valkyr since I forgot to switch to Frost...
    Dunno how to mod them though, Got Hornet Strike on them as well as the Fire Rate and Multishot Mod. Which has a drain of 11 right now (Hornet Strike just for +140% right now).
    But I don't want to "waste" an reactor on it since I already have the Lex Prime.... which I basically never use...

Currently building the Viper and Sicarus Prime. As well as some other stuff I had resources for. Vauban will also finish in 5 hours.

Also need to farm T3 Sabotage and T3 Mobile Defense for Scindo Prime Blade... maxed out Perrin in it's current status but can't advance and as such just buy the Void Key Pack everytime I hit the limit or I am really close to it.
    Last edited by Krazzman; 2015-09-17 at 09:24 AM.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Also need to farm T3 Sabotage and T3 Mobile Defense for Scindo Prime Blade... maxed out Perrin in it's current status but can't advance and as such just buy the Void Key Pack everytime I hit the limit or I am really close to it.
    I have spares of both of those keys, so I'd be happy to bring you along on some void runs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

In your guide stuff, I would note that putting forma into an item requires that item to already be level 30. Also, it drops the item to level 0 rather than level 1.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    I have spares of both of those keys, so I'd be happy to bring you along on some void runs.
    Sent out an Friend request.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

23. - Top - End - #23

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    In your guide stuff, I would note that putting forma into an item requires that item to already be level 30. Also, it drops the item to level 0 rather than level 1.
    Changes are made, thanks :)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

So if anyone needs some Chesa imprints I've got a couple. Completely unimpressive pattern/color, but if you need it for the mastery I'll let them go cheap.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Not sure if spoilers, but I'll play it safe
    Show
    There appears to be a noggle statue of Clem in the market. I want it so bad, but I'm 5 plat short :(
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    So if anyone needs some Chesa imprints I've got a couple. Completely unimpressive pattern/color, but if you need it for the mastery I'll let them go cheap.
    If you still have it, I will gladly take it before passing it along to the next person.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    If you still have it, I will gladly take it before passing it along to the next person.
    4 rounds of Assassinate Mutalist Alad V and I have all 3 Mesa Blueprints mwahahahaha :D

On a different note: what a hard boss that is... ok not hard but annoying...

got kicked out of the Catalyst alert and... well I can't reconnect
    Last edited by Krazzman; 2015-09-17 at 02:07 PM.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

28. - Top - End - #28

SolithKnightGuy

4 rounds of Assassinate Mutalist Alad V and I have all 3 Mesa Blueprints mwahahahaha :D
    I got real lucky with that. I had two keys and joined a keyshare. Host used his and the other 2 guys bailed after (despite having shown their keys at the start). I felt bad for the guy so I put together a key share of my own and offered to use 2 since the original host didn't have one now. Everyone agreed and we wound up getting everything we needed - the last run was the systems, which was the only thing that the first guy needed all along - he'd already done 12 runs (3 key shares) before I joined him.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I got real lucky with that. I had two keys and joined a keyshare. Host used his and the other 2 guys bailed after (despite having shown their keys at the start). I felt bad for the guy so I put together a key share of my own and offered to use 2 since the original host didn't have one now. Everyone agreed and we wound up getting everything we needed - the last run was the systems, which was the only thing that the first guy needed all along - he'd already done 12 runs (3 key shares) before I joined him.
    I also got lucky (my friend even more since I put up an extra key instead of him). Our first Keyshare just a couple days after Mesa's release and we got all 3 parts. That was pretty cool.

I've moved on to the Synoid Simulor. I like it. I appreciate that it's clearly better than the regular one without actually being stronger. Just faster fire rate and reload speed with a clip size buff (also 3 innate polarities are nice). It's only big drawback is it's completely useless past about 20-25 yards.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

30. - Top - End - #30

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I also got lucky (my friend even more since I put up an extra key instead of him). Our first Keyshare just a couple days after Mesa's release and we got all 3 parts. That was pretty cool.

I've moved on to the Synoid Simulor. I like it. I appreciate that it's clearly better than the regular one without actually being stronger. Just faster fire rate and reload speed with a clip size buff (also 3 innate polarities are nice). It's only big drawback is it's completely useless past about 20-25 yards.
    I had a lot of fun with the regular Simulor in a corpus survival mission. It wasn't fully leveled yet, but I had a couple decent mods in it. I was just far enough away from a doorway that enemies would spawn on the other side and rush in - and I was just sitting there spamming fire at the door. The end result was that I never saw an enemy, I would just see red blips appear on my map and run towards the door then disappear.

I'm looking forward to the upgraded version :)