New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Got this from today's Sortie.

...Come on, Samodeus, go easy on me for once.
    Well, Ivara with steal-build and go to town.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Lv30 Survival.... without killing anyone....?

Technically possible doesn't do it justice I think; hypothetically might be more accurate!
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Well, Ivara with steal-build and go to town.
    Oh, I know I can do it. My issue is with the Hobbled key.

Gonna be boring enough to do on its own, now I have to do it with my legs chopped off at the knee so that I can only move at a snail's pace...
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Is that just you, or can your squad not kill anything either? Because it would easy enough to do in a group with Trinity.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Is that just you, or can your squad not kill anything either? Because it would easy enough to do in a group with Trinity.
    Based on context from other people who have done this, I think no one can kill an enemy.

I have since discovered a new problem, though, when I tried out an explosive barrel that would open a shortcut on the [REDACTED, TWW SPOILERS].

Blowing yourself up counts as killing someone.

And I was at 4:45, too.

Well, let's go try this again.

EDIT:

5 TEAR-INDUCINGLY BORING MINUTES LATER:

...Eh, it's pretty decent. Would kill for some multishot so I can see how many arrows I can get on my Cernos Prime.

Amusingly enough, I did actually crack it with my Cernos Prime: I had an open slot that I wasn't sure what I was gonna use it for, and didn't have enough points for anything without another Forma. Guess I know what's going in there now (though I should probably try to roll something that'll work for the Rakta as well).

Oh, and while I was there I found this thing:
    Spoiler: TWW Tileset Spoilers
    Show

Kinda looks like something you'd find on Mars, doesn't it? What's it doing here?

EDIT 2:

ONE PANTS-SOILINGLY TERRIFYING KUVA FLOOD MISSION LATER (seriously, those things are scary. Worth a go just to see level 100 Kuva Grineer wielding KOHMS, not to mention the Guardians):

...I wanted multishot specifically, but this is pretty damn good. Now I have something to keep if I roll poorly on future attempts :D
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-12-01 at 11:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

There's a timer on the main website for when the Prime Vault opens - 7pm GMT if I've done my sums right.

Ladies, gentlemen; RNGeus willing, I'll see you intact on the other side of the farming frenzy.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    There's a timer on the main website for when the Prime Vault opens - 7pm GMT if I've done my sums right.

Ladies, gentlemen; RNGeus willing, I'll see you intact on the other side of the farming frenzy.
    As someone who's recently poked his head back in after years, do we know what'll be available or what to farm for? Or just farm up relics and hope to get ones with the pieces of the unvaulted stuff?

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    As someone who's recently poked his head back in after years, do we know what'll be available or what to farm for? Or just farm up relics and hope to get ones with the pieces of the unvaulted stuff?
    Ember Prime and Frost Prime for sure. Other odds and ends I'm not so sure of.

Here's the page for the prime unvaulting if you want to just buy the packs: link.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ember Prime and Frost Prime for sure. Other odds and ends I'm not so sure of.

Here's the page for the prime unvaulting if you want to just buy the packs: link.
    Ooh, I already have some bits of the Frost Prime, Reaper Prime, and Latron Prime from 3 years ago.

Is there any way to specifically farm for the remaining bits, or just gotta farm up Relics looking for the right ones?

10. - Top - End - #1060

Ooh, I already have some bits of the Frost Prime, Reaper Prime, and Latron Prime from 3 years ago.

Is there any way to specifically farm for the remaining bits, or just gotta farm up Relics looking for the right ones?
    You can only try to acquire the relics and farm 'em lest you wish to go trade. The prices will certainly fall though.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    You can only try to acquire the relics and farm 'em lest you wish to go trade. The prices will certainly fall though.
    Do we know where the previously Vaulted relics can drop? The wiki doesn't have drop locations for Lith G1, Meso F2, Axi E1, and Neo S5

12. - Top - End - #1062

Do we know where the previously Vaulted relics can drop? The wiki doesn't have drop locations for Lith G1, Meso F2, Axi E1, and Neo S5
    Most likely basically all missions that drop a given tier of relics will now drop them.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

I did have a post with links, but the GitP server was playing up. Attempt 2:

You can look up the relics in the Codex and it will say where it drops, for example:

Spoiler: Lith G1
    Show

Note that only certain missions will drop certain relics, for example, the Axi E1 relic drops from appropriate tier excavation missions only. Syndicate relic packs work if you have the standing and insignia spare.

Here's a reddit thread listing all the drops, the required relics and where best to farm them: link.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2016-12-07 at 07:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I did have a post with links, but the GitP server was playing up. Attempt 2:

You can look up the relics in the Codex and it will say where it drops, for example:

Spoiler: Lith G1
    Show

Note that only certain missions will drop certain relics, for example, the Axi E1 relic drops from appropriate tier excavation missions only. Syndicate relic packs work if you have the standing and insignia spare.

Here's a reddit thread listing all the drops, the required relics and where best to farm them: link.
    TY for the reddit link, here's the summary info pulled from down in the comments (with props to throwaway_tenno):

The Frost/Ember relics are LITH G1, MESO F2, NEO S5, AXI E1. Note that some missions such as Easy Defence/Interception and Hard Defence/Interception don't drop the new relics. Best place to farm new relics:

Lith - Easy Excavation (Everest, Tikal, Kiliken, Augustus) or ODD Rotation A
    Meso - Medium Defence Rotation A. Helene, Saturn has the best tileset for this (smaller than Io, much more affinity and no nullifiers to deal with)
    Neo and Axi - Hard Excavation (Despina, Hieracon, Cholistan)

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I've officially crafted all three of the current Prime Access items as of yesterday. I believe this is the fastest I've ever completed a PA without purchasing it, at just over 2 weeks.

My thoughts on the three items:

Valkyr Prime: Forgot how fun the ballistic cat missile could be; I think I'll continue to use her for a while yet. Good armor buff (meshes well with my habit of putting Armored Agility on everything with more than 100 armor nowadays), nice visual effects on her skills - good times all around. Was initially disappointed in 3 V polarities, as I wasn't sure what was going to go in the third, until I remembered that a random trader threw in a Transient Fortitude as a bonus on some or other trade that I was making (can't remember what was initially being traded for the life of me). It's now at R9 and feels like a perfect use of that extra V polarity :D

Cernos Prime: It's... alright, I guess. Interesting mechanic, though it would have been even better if we could have gotten vertical spread as well. As is, damage is a tad underwhelming considering it's split between the three arrows at base, and it's rather difficult to get all 3 to hit the same guy (multishot tightens the spread though, and HC doesn't affect accuracy at all). Great for crowds, though, at least in comparison to the other bows, and a fun if somewhat ineffective-at-higher-levels mechanic. Still think that if any bow was gonna get a Prime, it should have been Daikyu, to bring it up to the standards of the big 3 (Paris Prime, Dread and Rakta Cernos).

Venka Prime: Glorious. They look fantastic, they feel fantastic, they got an all-around stat buff, they got a unique mechanic... I have been waiting for this moment essentially since the Venka first came out, and DE did not disappoint. My favorite melee category finally got both a Prime and its first good weapon, and I am loving every second of it.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-12-08 at 01:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Musing if I have pressing need to Forma my Ignis flamethrower more.

At present I have room for a maxed Serration (damage), Split Chamber (Multishot), and all 4 pure damage elemental mods (Cold, Heat, Toxic, and Electricity).

Any other priority mods to squeeze in there for massive flamethrower "burn, everything burn!" potential?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

At present I have room for a maxed Serration (damage), Split Chamber (Multishot), and all 4 pure damage elemental mods (Cold, Heat, Toxic, and Electricity).

Any other priority mods to squeeze in there for massive flamethrower "burn, everything burn!" potential?
    Depending on the loadout, I have Firestorm, Sinister Reach and Shred on mine. Combustion Beam and Speed Trigger are also quite entertaining.

I do have a Void container hunting loadout which includes Metal Auger and Shred, but that's reaching board inappropriate levels of penetration.

18. - Top - End - #1068

I do think you want full 8 on it. Heavy Caliber is practically downsideless and the last slot can be Attack Speed, Ammo Mutation, Firestorm or whatever. Though I personally prefer the status/element mods on it, which frees up a lot of space (Gas, Corrosive, Toxin, Viral are all useful). Mind, it's probably sufficient for most purposes with very little work, but might as well go all the way.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-12-08 at 05:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

So today was the first day I spent doing hardcore trading in the game (I've been playing for 70 odd days). It was way more fun and lucrative than I'd imagine! Managed to sell a saryn prime set for 180, a few mods, an Orthos Prime and bought a Tigris Prime set for 50 (i was missing the bp and stock) and now I am selling the BP for 48 which is the lowest price in warframe.market. It really feels good to end the day with 220 more plat than you started.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

I can't connect to any of DE's servers; does anyone know if they're getting DDOS'd?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I can't connect to any of DE's servers; does anyone know if they're getting DDOS'd?
    This always happens around the 24th for some reason. Either there are a whole lot of people who want to play Warframe on Christmas Eve, or DDoS-ing Warframe servers has become some kind of Christmas tradition.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Lv30 Survival.... without killing anyone....?

Technically possible doesn't do it justice I think; hypothetically might be more accurate!
    FWIW, this can be trivial. I used a Lecta with Primed Reach, the cold mod (magnetic damage), and nothing else. It opens conrainers, but can't even get resource nodes to break. Killing anything would have taken some serious effort.

I went Grineer with Zephyr, just to make it easy. Immunity to bullets pretty well cripples them.

Got a Harpak mod from the deal. +Fire & +cold, no -'s.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

23. - Top - End - #1073

30 Surv with no killing is easy ~ Ivara, break all the containers, open all the lockers and steal from all the mobs ~ easier if there is more than one of you doing it unless you get a solo card
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Getting real tired of receiving endo as a sortie reward. Also a little annoyed that I opened 7 relics, all of which had Fang Prime Handle in the common drops, and didn't get a single one (and, in fact, only got 1 item from the common list). Nothing against Forma BPs, but that's not what I was looking for.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075

Everytime i get Endo, i just think welp that could have been worse. its could have been a lousy lens. I have a Spare Fang P handle if you want it.
    Last edited by Leon; 2017-01-13 at 11:19 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Endo is always handy, I just dropped 41k of the stuff into my shiny new primed vigor.

And speaking of primed mods, Baro has a new one on the PC side: Primed Regen, for sentinels. Allows it to regen up to 3 times in a mission depending on how ranked the mod is.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    And speaking of primed mods, Baro has a new one on the PC side: Primed Regen, for sentinels. Allows it to regen up to 3 times in a mission depending on how ranked the mod is.
    Seems kinda trashy to me.

What about the other mods he's selling at the moment? Are they any good? Do I need to farm some ducats to get them all? So far, I only bought the shotgun one. Just in case I ever get my hands on a Sancti Tigris.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking in generalities, the physical damage event mods are good on weapons with at least 75% of their base damage being of the given type.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

29. - Top - End - #1079

For non-Endless use, Primed Regen is pretty amazing. It practically guarantees that the sentinel will have sufficient survivability to last the entire mission. Level 100 AOE generally kills it rather easily but with Primed Regen, any Sortie or Raid content should be manageable leaving only endurance runs as places where it's probably gone.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yay, the Playground has a Warframe thread!

I started playing a few weeks ago, only at MR5 (and currently stuck at Ceres until the game decides that the Prosecutors I kill actually count towards the Jupiter junction requirement). My initial frame was Volt, which I was very happy with (though I'm uncertain as to how useful he'll be in higher level play), and I've fully levelled up Rhino as well (can't decide which is my favourite, but I do adore Rhino's durability). I grinded?/ground all the available boss frames (so Mag, Trinity and Frost) and was lucky enough to get all the Oberon parts already, and am working on levelling him up.

A question for the playground, what do you find to be the most efficient way to level up Warframes (especially the less tanky ones)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."