New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Still haven't found a goddamn blue drone thing for the Natah quest, so I can't do Second Dream. Also there are too many Archwing quests on Uranus.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

They are not "archwing" is sense, they are Submersible missions on the sealab tile-set. Not guaranteed but a high chance of there being a portion of the map with a underwater section.

Ivara is awesome, well worth the platinum cost. Yes i bought her since after several hours of doing Spy missions (often with no alarms tripped) and no sign of any parts.
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-12-04 at 10:50 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

It's also worth mentioning that Natah and Second Dream have forced Archwing mandatory sections due to having special rooms in Uranus.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Built a Drakgoon. So far I'm pretty underwhelmed. Both Tigris and Straith seem to have better performance, though it probably doesn't help that the first mission I took it into was a level 25+ alert. I'll stick with it and see how it performs once I can load Hell's Chamber into it.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #275

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Built a Drakgoon. So far I'm pretty underwhelmed. Both Tigris and Straith seem to have better performance, though it probably doesn't help that the first mission I took it into was a level 25+ alert. I'll stick with it and see how it performs once I can load Hell's Chamber into it.
    Drakgoon is a "crowdcontrol" style shotgun, very good against clearing groups rather than single targets. Its shells also have the unique affect on shotguns to have less damage fall off at range, making it oddly enough good at long distance

The downside to this is Drakgoon is very Forma hungry to get it good.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe once it's high enough level to properly kit it out. Even so, I'd rather have a gun that kills 1 enemy per shot than a gun that can hit 10 guys at a time but only deal 10% of their health on a hit. Especially since, in a group, I won't have time to pull the trigger that many times before someone else kills everything in the room I'm in (and probably the next 3 rooms while they're at it). When I looked at the base damage numbers, I figured that it would be nearly as effective as my level 30 Tigris right out of the gate, but it's not even close. This thing is going into the garbage can (where it belongs) as soon as I get it to 30.

However, I built a Kulstar at the same time that I made the Drakgoon, and that's a fun little pistol.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Colossus in the Playground

So...initial U18 experience:
    1) Lots of random bugs. Over the course of one day I've had my end of mission credit reward disappear (which was 78000), I got 5 Unc 0 and 5 Rare 0 Cores from Darvo for the bonus codes (it's either a troll move or a mistake; probably the latter considering the other things are the level of Catalyst/Reactor BPs or 3 day Boosters), Mirage's Total Eclipse is showing 1/4th of the proper value for clients and apparently acting by it (but I was getting like 8x damage on Twin Grakatas from the supposed 508% bonus in Simulacrum somehow), Moon Nodes are not marked as complete if played, one Nitain Alert failed to generate a map for everyone over the whole hour, etc. All the fun day zero nonsense.
    Spoiler: Drop Location/Resource Requirement Spoilers
    Show
    2) Alertium is coming into annoyingly high demand. 6 for Wukong, 9 for Ivara, 5 for War, Wukong Research and Ilúvatar knows what else. Considering how I can be online for around an hour at time in general, trying to hit the alerts is a total crapshot. And after that it's useless. No rebuildables or such for it. Such a poor implementation for a resource.

3) Stalkyboy's stuff is even harder to get now. He drops War as another Uncommon Drop and Scimitar Avionics as a Rare drop. The G3 part can probably be acquired from the Raid (haven't checked yet), Zanuka Hunter at least has pretty good drop rates but the Stalker's are utter ****. Tho at least he can spawn everywhere including the Void while Zanuka and G3 are stuck into the irrelevant nodes; with the introduction of Sorties, those nodes are increasingly less irrelevant tho. I kinda don't wanna buy Hunhow's Gift since I want to farm all weapons properly but at this point I don't know anymore.

4) The Focus stuff needs a lot of work. You gotta pick blind and you don't know what the schools do without Wiki when you do (luckily, a friend of mine shot himself in the leg for me so I was prepared) - hell, the redo option is kinda "veiled" as a kinda non-descript response. You can't change the choice later and it costs 50k plus somehow getting a Lens for the school in the first place to unlock ****. Also, this is just the Syndi grind all over again; the best way to do this is to slam it onto Equinox and sit in Draco, which is boring as **** and stupidly efficient with no daily limit. You could probably clear all schools you can get a Lens for in a couple of days with the most mindnumbing 4-pressing of all times. Meanwhile, playing missions and getting it normally is annoyingly slow and limits you to one-two warframes until you get a ton of Lenses. Then there are the Greater Lenses too, which are going to be a gigantic pain to acquire as they only drop from the Sorties. I'll probably resort to trade chat again.

Dunno what to say about the Focus powers yet. Don't have enough experience. It seems like an interesting idea but at the present I'll need some abilities before it might be worth anything.

Spoiler: Story Spoilers
    Show
    5) I'm a bit disappointed we're just boring ol' superhumans instead of energy beings or something a bit more high-flying. At least I get to color the eyes inhuman and all that but I would've still preferred something a bit more interesting and out there. At least this is better than just a lass in a suit though. I can live with this. I wonder how they'll vindicate the specific course of actions Lotus has taken as the optimum though...

6) I quite like the look they brought to Stalker and the changes to the environment as a whole. Being a telepath on the Orbiter makes a fair bit of sense by comparison and the background story is coming together. And the Orokin Moon is cool. Overall, I like it. The quest was interesting enough too (the Stalker fight was rather interesting with leveling weapons and Loki whose powers are rather poor against him) and I got to solve a Spy Vault I couldn't be bothered to figure out on Uranus by nuking it with Elytron which is always a satisfactory solution to any problem.

7) The Sentients feel OP as hell compared to other factions. It feels like a single level 30 sentient is easily as dangerous as 100 level 100 units of any other faction. This makes for a nice challenge but also kinda polarizes the game; the others just don't measure up, and even the various bosses feel like pushovers. The sentient adaptive defenses combined with their incredible base stats makes them extremely resilient though bringing a nice one-two-three punch of a high power primary, secondary and melee with a well-equipped does of course make them less impressive (as does bypassing their armor; most of their durability is their high armor combined with their incredible base health and its resistance multipliers). What really makes them dangerous comparatively is the power of their various AOE attacks though; they can actually threaten the player as opposed to most enemies.

Hell, with their attacks being AOE, even invisible frames have to a bit careful. Of course, some incredibly high alpha weapons with damage multiplying frames can vaporize them before the adaptive defenses kick in (particularly with Corrosive Projections). This only works up until a certain point though; even Vaykor Hek with Mirage couldn't do over 50% to a level 50 Battalyst in the Simulacrum before the resistances kicked into high gear. Corrosive Projections would of course do a number to aid here, but can't run more than one solo. Mirage/Vay Hek/Twin Grakatas/Leveling Melee actually had to use two Prisms and a ton time to kill one, and even blind the thing is dangerous with the AOE lasers. They can always be CCd to death though, but killing e.g. level 100 Sentients is going to require some insane firepower or stacked Equinox/Banshee-level damage. Btw, Sentients need their own tab in the Simulacrum.

Other stuff: The new Nullifier bubbles are annoying but understandable (can no longer splash 'em to death making Simulor/Torid/Concealed Explosives/etc. far less amazing vs. them). Sorties are cool but the rest of the starmap is still hopelessly outclassed level-wise. I can't wait for it to go poof. Still can't trade Brakk/etc. and Dera Vandal is gonna be a pain to acquire, and nothing special to boot. The new relays are a nice idea but I don't know how many random places we can have around the solar system while still having them feel somewhat alive. Animations moving from one place to another take too long too.

"Eximus Stronghold" Sorties have been the biggest disappointment I've experienced thus far; I've barely seen any Eximuses above and beyond what you'd expect in a normal Survival/Defense (only types of Eximus Strongholds I've seen thus far). The fact that the Corpus Defense only spawns Nullifiers at wave 20 was just insult to the injury; we brought the big guns for nothing. At this point I don't understand why you can't bring leveling Warframes in there; tons of high level enemies are the perfect way to speedlevel frames, and they're still just normal thingies that require nothing special to beat.

EDIT: I realize I'm mostly listing negatives. I'll just get it out of the way: I like the update. I really think it's a big step towards what the game needs. At this point though it feels everything is still kinda out-of-line within the game and really, really rough along the edges. Some more polishing and bringing the rest of the system up to speed will leave us in a great place though. I'm particularly looking forward to more interesting and challenging syndicate missions; I hope we'll get ones on par with sorties but with more personal touch for each syndicate.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-04 at 04:49 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #278

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    The sentients we encounter right now are most likely a souped up miniboss variant meant to intruded the players to fighting with changing weapons or test if the weapon adaptation effects are working properly. Plus to give the mission more challenge than normal.

Should there be proper sentient levels, we can expect much weaker though still strong variants should the sentients in force. Maybe it'll be like every sentient fighter group shares it's resistances and immunities to its allies...

Relatively easy to justify the nerf too. Dunlow was a veteran of the old war and thus his sentient fighters are of highest quality due in large part to experience and having fought And taken control of lots of Orokin tech. Much like the Tenno of the current age, returning Sentients are weaker than before. Or you know, Tenno get weapons and abilities to make them stronger against sentients and the other factions follow suit due to the influx of sentient technology.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sentients we encounter right now are most likely a souped up miniboss variant meant to intruded the players to fighting with changing weapons or test if the weapon adaptation effects are working properly. Plus to give the mission more challenge than normal.

Should there be proper sentient levels, we can expect much weaker though still strong variants should the sentients in force. Maybe it'll be like every sentient fighter group shares it's resistances and immunities to its allies...

Relatively easy to justify the nerf too. Dunlow was a veteran of the old war and thus his sentient fighters are of highest quality due in large part to experience and having fought And taken control of lots of Orokin tech. Much like the Tenno of the current age, returning Sentients are weaker than before. Or you know, Tenno get weapons and abilities to make them stronger against sentients and the other factions follow suit due to the influx of sentient technology.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very possible. I tried to fight 20 level 100 Battalysts (the only sentient I have full scans of right now) in the Simulacrum with the same setup of Mirage/Vay Hek/Twin Grakatas and even using Prism I never even got close to killing one of them, let alone all 20. They just outlast the blind and with the open map, they shoot with frightening accuracy across the place and teleport to boot. Just one level 100 would be a challenge to kill in a 1v1 even if it didn't fight back.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Man... I don't really want to play more Warframe and do these quests, but I also want to see this new story stuff.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

11. - Top - End - #281

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    Something just occurred to me.

The lotus personally comes and delivers you to your new resting place. But she's a sentient so where does she get that body.

If I recall notice how she refers to a certain woman, one that we keep hearing snippets of in the past. There's also the matter of what caused the lotus to want to take the Tenno as her children...

I think the Lotus is not so much a sentient but rather a composite entity fusing Natal and an Orokin woman.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Managed to get all the pieces to Ivara without too much trouble. Then I learned that I need 4 Nitain Extract to build it. Still 3 short. So screw me right? I still need 6 more to finish my Wukong parts research plus however much I need to build him.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Managed to get all the pieces to Ivara without too much trouble. Then I learned that I need 4 Nitain Extract to build it. Still 3 short. So screw me right? I still need 6 more to finish my Wukong parts research plus however much I need to build him.
    9, actually. Chassis costs 4, Systems 5.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    9, actually. Chassis costs 4, Systems 5.
    Oh, dammit. How did I miss that? You kinda just ruined my day a little bit. Hope you're happy.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wukong's bits will finally be finishing research around 1 AM for me, so I'll be crafting him soon. Got all the pieces for Ivara, too, minus the BP. Got my last Trin Prime part too. I'll have a lot of frames to level very soon :D

Spoiler: To Eldariel's comments
    Show

1. Yeah, but most updates are pretty buggy right at the start. Give it time, the situation always improves there.
    2. Prioritizing Wukong with my current stash. Getting Ivara crafting is gonna be an absolute pain. I get to skip War, at least (see 3).
    3. Hunhow's Gift bundle is worth it for the armor and Scimitar skin alone. No regrets :D Bought into the Scimitar as well, so that me, Keledrath and our third (Kiyoshi) all have different ships on the loading screen (Kiyoshi bought the Mantis).
    4. Greater Lens BPs can be bought in the market, under the Equipment tab. 200k creds a BP, hopefully they're reuseable.
    5. I like parts of the backstory, but yeah, this is a bit off from what I expected. Also, the Operators are a bit daft. Me, Keledrath and Kiyoshi were running a Void Survival to get Argon for the Rubico last night, and Kiyoshi's Operator started talking about his Archwing being deployed and ready. Kele's kept talking about Corpus. They're rather repetitive too, though I expect that will change as we go. Ordis got less repetitive with time too.
    6. Also, Tycho is best Neurode farm. If you ever need the things, go there. I was sitting on 20 of them after a couple of runs to try for the new stance, and I've run out of Forma BPs for the first time in forever, because I actually have everything I need to make them.
    7. I feel like they're supposed to feel OP. These are the Sentients we're talking about; you know, the things that necessitated the creation of the Tenno in the first place.

Other notes: Yeah, that Dera Vandal's going to be a pain. And people are saying that they can in fact get repeats. I have a buddy who got Karak Wraith BPs off of the first two runs. He already has the one from Tubemen, and now he's got 2 BPs - that's a pain. Hopefully, I get lucky and get the Dera Vandal pieces relatively fast - it's all I really want out of the current reward pool.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Mother of god that drop table can eat every part of my ass. All that work dragging three woefully unprepared teammates through both the second and third sorties and what I get to show for it? A Karak part. Out of everything on that drop table that I would be happy to get, it has given me something that is 100% useless to me. Twice.

I am B.
    Are you B?

17. - Top - End - #287

Kobold

I know how you feel. That was my first Sortie.

Painful.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #288

Oh, dammit. How did I miss that? You kinda just ruined my day a little bit. Hope you're happy.
    Shared pain is half the pain. I just barely got Wukong started yesterday, now I'll need 9 more for Ivara. And then War costs 5 more unless you buy Hunhow's Gift (which I might, for the cosmetics; out of principle I want to farm the weapon but if I can't get the cosmetics otherwise...). And then it's completely useless. DE resource consumption graphs, ladies and gentlemen.

Mother of god that drop table can eat every part of my ass. All that work dragging three woefully unprepared teammates through both the second and third sorties and what I get to show for it? A Karak part. Out of everything on that drop table that I would be happy to get, it has given me something that is 100% useless to me. Twice.
    I've seen some people willing to trade for Karak parts so with luck you might get Dera parts for 'em. A friend of mine was able to finish Dera Vandal for 90p so I might be trying for that too. So far my sorties have shown me Unairu Lens, Vazarin Lens and 25 Cores so not all that bad - the Lens in particular are nice (I started Zenurik so I got the big one outta the way - to still need a bunch more). Tho now I'll have to go sell stuff one of these days again; after buying Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation R10 and Legendary Core alongside all the recent cosmetics, I'm down to under 500p.

I'm actually rather looking forward to the Winter Vacation, all things considered. 3 new frames to forma (Trinity Prime, Wukong, Ivara), a bunch of weapons to level, MR21 to get and a ton of trading to do. Perhaps even getting into Jordas Verdict.

Oh, has anyone seen Vengeful Revenant yet? I'm wondering how it compares to Crimson Dervish. While the damage/hit on Crimson Dervish is impressive, the short range and the low attack speed have had me looking for an alternative better than Iron Phoenix for a while now. At the present I'm not really using Dakra Prime in spite of it having been my most used weapon in the game historically - hard to vindicate it over Orthos Prime/Tonbo, Tipedo, Scindo Prime/Galatine, Jat Kittag, Bo Prime, Mios, Prisma Cleavers or Dual Kamas Prime.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Second Dream was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Spoiler: Drop Location/Resource Requirement Spoilers
    Show
    4) The Focus stuff needs a lot of work. You gotta pick blind and you don't know what the schools do without Wiki when you do (luckily, a friend of mine shot himself in the leg for me so I was prepared) - hell, the redo option is kinda "veiled" as a kinda non-descript response. You can't change the choice later and it costs 50k plus somehow getting a Lens for the school in the first place to unlock ****. Also, this is just the Syndi grind all over again; the best way to do this is to slam it onto Equinox and sit in Draco, which is boring as **** and stupidly efficient with no daily limit. You could probably clear all schools you can get a Lens for in a couple of days with the most mindnumbing 4-pressing of all times. Meanwhile, playing missions and getting it normally is annoyingly slow and limits you to one-two warframes until you get a ton of Lenses. Then there are the Greater Lenses too, which are going to be a gigantic pain to acquire as they only drop from the Sorties. I'll probably resort to trade chat again.

Dunno what to say about the Focus powers yet. Don't have enough experience. It seems like an interesting idea but at the present I'll need some abilities before it might be worth anything.

"Eximus Stronghold" Sorties have been the biggest disappointment I've experienced thus far; I've barely seen any Eximuses above and beyond what you'd expect in a normal Survival/Defense (only types of Eximus Strongholds I've seen thus far). The fact that the Corpus Defense only spawns Nullifiers at wave 20 was just insult to the injury; we brought the big guns for nothing. At this point I don't understand why you can't bring leveling Warframes in there; tons of high level enemies are the perfect way to speedlevel frames, and they're still just normal thingies that require nothing special to beat.
    Spoiler: Focus (Does this need spoilering?)
    Show
    ...yeah...
    I also learned that I made a pretty big mistake by putting my lens on my favourite primary weapon as I switch frames a lot.

I also discovered that I'm not really able to complete Sorties yet either (well, I've missed all of them so far. The first I missed. The second, I got to the third one to wave 14 and then had bugs and 'host migrations' happen. T_T The Third, well, silly me but I don't have a sniper rifle yet).

So... Focus is going to be hideously slow for me. >.<

On the plus side, I chose the one I like best. Naramon. I'm highly disappointed at how it's more about murdering with melee than 'know the enemy' and being a tactician. The ability seems to fit but the rest on there? Not as much.

Wow, I was facing something like 80-90% Eximus on the Corpus Defense (defeat Nef Anyo) that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Spoiler: To Eldariel's comments
    Show
    Also, the Operators are a bit daft. Me, Keledrath and Kiyoshi were running a Void Survival to get Argon for the Rubico last night, and Kiyoshi's Operator started talking about his Archwing being deployed and ready. Kele's kept talking about Corpus. They're rather repetitive too, though I expect that will change as we go. Ordis got less repetitive with time too.
    Spoiler: Random Ramblings, it seems
    Show
    ...yeah, I hope that is looked at soon too. My friend and I were after Argon Crystals and both times I marked one my Tenno said 'Mod marked' or somesuch. That's clearly not a mod, geez. I also dislike some of the lines and some of them show up in inappropriate places. (I'm looking at you 'Let's go on the offensive' or the Corpus/Grineer ones in the Void. Actually, why don't there seem to be any void lines?) That said, I do really like them talking in the missions, actually. I also like the things that seem to say that they and the warframe are working together. 'Us' and 'we'. (Either that or the Tenno's a bit nuts). My biggest question from Second Dream and these lines is just how alive are the warframes anyway?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2015-12-06 at 06:58 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Spoiler: Random Ramblings, it seems
    Show
    ...yeah, I hope that is looked at soon too. My friend and I were after Argon Crystals and both times I marked one my Tenno said 'Mod marked' or somesuch. That's clearly not a mod, geez. I also dislike some of the lines and some of them show up in inappropriate places. (I'm looking at you 'Let's go on the offensive' or the Corpus/Grineer ones in the Void. Actually, why don't there seem to be any void lines?) That said, I do really like them talking in the missions, actually. I also like the things that seem to say that they and the warframe are working together. 'Us' and 'we'. (Either that or the Tenno's a bit nuts). My biggest question from Second Dream and these lines is just how alive are the warframes anyway?
    Spoiler: Spoilers
    Show
    IIRC, the Warframes are a mix of cybernetics and Technocyte virus. AKA, Infested flesh. Basically, we are Robot Ninja Space Zombies. And Hydroid is also a pirate.
    I think that the warframes are normally alive, but effectively vegetative. Though they seem to be acquiring awareness, as we saw near the end of Second Dream.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Show
    IIRC, the Warframes are a mix of cybernetics and Technocyte virus. AKA, Infested flesh. Basically, we are Robot Ninja Space Zombies. And Hydroid is also a pirate.
    I think that the warframes are normally alive, but effectively vegetative. Though they seem to be acquiring awareness, as we saw near the end of Second Dream.
    Show
    Hahaha, Robot Ninja Space Zombie Pirate. Wow!
    I think so too. The level of awareness they have had, do have and/or will have is what I meant, sorry.

22. - Top - End - #292

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    ladies and gentlemen, recall that the infested hive mind has been trying to assimilate us in the past and is quite furious that we it's own flesh in its definitions refuse it.

Now that we know our pilots are remote control ony the warframes, suddenly those comments take on an interesting confirmation on the nature of warframes
    We have already suspected it, but now have something close to an understanding

I'm actually thinking warframes are actually golem bodies by the Orokin description.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-12-06 at 08:19 AM.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally beat Natah. Planning on working on Second Dream today.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

24. - Top - End - #294

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Finally beat Natah. Planning on working on Second Dream today.
    Word of advice, have multiple weapons at all times and a tanky frame with decently good health.

Enemies in the mission hit like a truck.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Word of advice, have multiple weapons at all times and a tanky frame with decently good health.

Enemies in the mission hit like a truck.
    Does my Oberon Work? He's moderately tanky and has some decent healing capabilities, and has 3 of the best weapons available (Tonbo, Tonkor, Twin Grakatas)
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Does my Oberon Work? He's moderately tanky and has some decent healing capabilities, and has 3 of the best weapons available (Tonbo, Tonkor, Twin Grakatas)
    It's not really that you need to be tanky, just anything you're comfortable playing defensively. Mobility, untargetability, survivability, all the tools work just fine; it's more a matter of how you're accustomed to surviving. Suffice to say, some things in the quest can dish out fairly scary damage.

And any 3 weapons properly modded should be good enough. The key part is that they're modded; you'll want to be able to do damage with each of 'em. Looking at that line-up, that should be more than enough firepower so you'll be fine.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

(Tonbo, Tonkor, Twin Grakatas)

Now I want to get a Tonkor.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally! The last Alertium Nitain Extract!
    My Wukong's starting to build now. ^.^

I had to farm ~9k Plastids for it overall because I didn't have enough though. That was the most annoying part.
    (I only had ~4k. Costs 9k for research and 4k for systems. )

I'm very glad for the alerts twitter.

I'd say it should, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post

I initially thought 'Meh, it doesn't look as ugly to me as other Grineer weapons and I want to use these silly Argon Crystals'. Now I find it is one of the most fun weapons I have and it happens to be really good.

I also saw a thing with Zephyr that I want to try with it...

29. - Top - End - #299

Kobold

So... uh, anyone Ran Excavation missions in Dark Sectors lately? Pluto's Excav got crazy.

R5 drops, T3 and T4 keys, and that's just the tip of the Iceberg.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #300
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post

Everyone should have one in their arsenal
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet