New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Ah yeah, should've mentioned that. Nowadays there's actually no real use for Codex Scanner after you've gotten Synthesis Scanner; it's been made to work for all the purposes Codex Scanner does plus synthesis. And you can get the bonus options.
    Unless you want affinity rather than Simaris standing (eg you've hit the cap for Simaris for the day).

I think Helios also uses codex scanners, or rather the scans it does only apply to the codex and not standing regardless of whether you give it codex\synthesis scanners (and the widgets do NOT apply, so he gets expensive fast if all you're carrying is Synthesis).
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2016-08-03 at 07:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I think Helios also uses codex scanners, or rather the scans it does only apply to the codex and not standing regardless of whether you give it codex\synthesis scanners (and the widgets do NOT apply, so he gets expensive fast if all you're carrying is Synthesis).
    Hm, I do think at least the Sol Widget Battery applies. Or so it seems to me; I've had Helios and only Synthesis Scanner equipped for the longest time and I haven't seen any appreciable decline in my number of synthesis scans available.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, I do think at least the Sol Widget Battery applies. Or so it seems to me; I've had Helios and only Synthesis Scanner equipped for the longest time and I haven't seen any appreciable decline in my number of synthesis scans available.
    Hmm, all the posts I've read on the subject seems to indicate that they don't, but they may have patched it since then.

My Helios finishes cooking in a couple hours, so I'll take it for a spin and report back.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Unless you want affinity rather than Simaris standing (eg you've hit the cap for Simaris for the day).

I have all Widgets and only Synthesis scanners.
    48 scanners.
    I let my Helios scan 10 things.
    48 scanners.
    I then killed ~150 people with my Heliocor.
    48 Scanners.

Neither generated Simaris PointsTM but they do work with Sol-Battery at least.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I can confirm the above observations that the widgets do apply with synthesis scanners when Helios is using them and that it doesn't generate Simaris standing.

I can also confirm that Helios likes to preferentially use Codex scanners first and that affinity is generated when doing so. I cannot confirm whether Helios scans with widgeted synthesis scanners generate affinity (I forgot to track when I ran out of codex scanners).

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

So what does everyone think of the new Nova Premium skin? I like it.

I know I'm a little behind on this, but how exactly do I get the Sentients to spawn on a Lua mission?
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

7. - Top - End - #907

I like it. The body is neat (no cracks!) and the glowing ability-cast arms are great. The default colors, though, are horrifying.

I think you have to be scanned by an oculyst on Lua, and they don't spawn on every mission?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    So what does everyone think of the new Nova Premium skin? I like it.

I know I'm a little behind on this, but how exactly do I get the Sentients to spawn on a Lua mission?
    It's okay. Default colors are horrific and the head is odd. The arms are also a little funky with the tiny hands compared to the giant rings, but overall, the design is nice, being based on Hindu mythology.

They only spawn outside of spy AFAIK, and you have to wait for oculyst 'scouts' to spawn (this happens automatically) and get detected by them. Sentient fighters will spawn shortly thereafter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I like it. The body is neat (no cracks!) and the glowing ability-cast arms are great. The default colors, though, are horrifying.

I think you have to be scanned by an oculyst on Lua, and they don't spawn on every mission?
    Agreed on the default colors. I like the Polearm skin. I also wish that it was the syndana that gave the arms, but ehh, it's decent anyways.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

9. - Top - End - #909

The new skin is further proof that DE need to stop doing "delux" skins and let Tennogen handle them as Tennogen constantly makes a better product and the last few official skins this one included have been questionable and on the whole have really only put a couple of good ones out (Orphid and Nemesis, maybe the trinity one but its got weird feet)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The new skin is further proof that DE need to stop doing "delux" skins and let Tennogen handle them as Tennogen constantly makes a better product and the last few official skins this one included have been questionable and on the whole have really only put a couple of good ones out (Orphid and Nemesis, maybe the trinity one but its got weird feet)
    I've found all of the Deluxe skins to be really high-quality. My personal favorites are Palatine and Feyarch.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bit late to the party (my computer was out of order again, liquid damage shorted the screen), but...

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    They only spawn outside of spy AFAIK, and you have to wait for oculyst 'scouts' to spawn (this happens automatically) and get detected by them. Sentient fighters will spawn shortly thereafter.
    Exactly right. I recommend Tycho myself, in endless Survival, the spawns are quite frequent, adding an interesting layer of difficulty to the node when Sentients consistently show up to harass you. Plus, you'll leave with a couple week's supply of Neurodes.

Agreed on the default colors. I like the Polearm skin. I also wish that it was the syndana that gave the arms, but ehh, it's decent anyways.
    Wait, the arms AREN'T part of the syandana? Crap, I had a fantastic character build in mind that involved putting those arms on a Valkyr.

...Granted, said character is an Aberrant, so the pose still wouldn't work (they'd need to be a bit more... aggressive looking), but it was the closest I was ever going to get :(

I'm rather fond of them all, actually, with Palatine and Knave standing out as personal favorites. Though it mildly disappoints me that the Proto-Armor and Nemesis skins are considered Excal's and Nyx's Deluxe skins respectively. I'd have loved to see what they could do with an Excal skin rooted in the look that Rhino and Loki got.

Besides this, I find that TennoGen's record is a bit... spottier. I love most of what they've put out (the Jattuk and the upcoming Sciathin are two of my favorites - jetpacks for life!), but there are notable HUGE exceptions, especially from the Polycount contest. The weapon skins they picked were HORRIBLE, the Claymire in particular (the Infested Skana wasn't as BAD, but it was really lazy, and the Noxious Kittag needed a lot of work, though it was the best starting point of the three), and most of the helmets were as well. And then they put up that steampunk flight attendant skin for Nova (seriously DE, why did you let that in? Doesn't fit the art style at all). I'm going to give this one to the devs. Besides, they aren't accepting 'frame remeshes yet (which is a damn shame, I have a few ideas for an Ash remesh that would be rather fun).
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-08-16 at 11:12 AM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

12. - Top - End - #912

Filling in some time before the update scanning plants preemptively and across 4 missions i had 4 Eggs drop inc two almost at the same time. Compare to to *&%^$% cat DNA which you need 10 of each time to do anything with and with my luck doesn't drop (i bought the last 4 needed to build the segment after soo many runs and no result and was gifted the next 10 for the reasons before by the person with whom i had been doing a lot of the scanning with)
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-08-20 at 12:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

I, while waiting for sunlight to kick over on earth, got every other plant needed for the apothics except for the threshcones and jadeleafs, so I sped through the quest. Now I have to get the jadeleafs and my Fairy Queen for my Fairy King will be mine :D. I must say that Titania's requirements are extremely reasonable, and the quest has been well done so far. Good job DE.

They're totally getting matching colors.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #914
    Dwarf in the Playground

I, while waiting for sunlight to kick over on earth, got every other plant needed for the apothics except for the threshcones and jadeleafs, so I sped through the quest. Now I have to get the jadeleafs and my Fairy Queen for my Fairy King will be mine :D. I must say that Titania's requirements are extremely reasonable, and the quest has been well done so far. Good job DE.

They're totally getting matching colors.
    Keledrath and I had the opposite wait with our third - we started at 8:30 in our region, and had to wait 3 and a half hours for Kiyoshi to get the moonlight plants.

EDIT: So Titania is pretty awesome, as is the Sarpa. Still waiting on the Pox - research finished, but I'm doing some dojo restructuring and don't have access to a Bio Lab :/

Hopefully, I can fix that soon. The main hangup I've been having is fixed, so I should be able to move forward now.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-08-24 at 07:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915

So, Nekros Prime is out.

Spoiler: About the new toys
    Show
    Stats of the new toys (courtesy of Blissful_Altruism on Reddit)
    Nekros Prime: It has 125 base energy as the first in the game. This means level 30 Nekros Prime has 187 energy, one with maxed Flow has 374 and one with maxed Primed Flow has 530. His base shields are 150 (RIP 666 shields), same as Volt & co. The noteworthy thing I find is that you can now run Nekros Prime with full Blind Rage and no efficiency and still afford your Shadows of the Dead. Previously 150 energy was insufficient; you needed 155 at least. This also makes it easier to cast Shadows of the Dead with energy drainers in play. Nice for the Soul Survivor build as that wipes out your energy (thus I use it with Despoil/Equilibrium).

Tigris Prime: Compared to Sancti Tigris, it has more damage, slower reload, better accuracy and slightly different crit stats (10/x2 vs. 15/x1.5). The big difference is in status: Tigris Prime has 30% making for 4 elemental/status mods granting 100% which is awesome on shotguns (multipellet weapons go from ~3rd of the pellets proccing to every pellet proccing when going from 99% to 100%). And it has a lot of Slash, which just so happens to have the only useful physical status proc. That's quite awesome. The damage is insane, but the reload is the same as on Tigris; much longer than on Sancti. For a weapon that reloads after every shot that's huge making it a sidegrade, particularly in conjunction with the syndicate proc. I've also heard it shoots 8 pellets per shot instead of 4 (normal)/6 (Sancti). If so, that's huge for status (particularly Corrosive-procs). Definitely my kind of a weapon. I love status weapons anyways, and I've been itching for a top tier Slash-weapon.

Galatine Prime:
    Well, there you have it, DE doesn't give a single **** about game health. War was already pretty huge powercreep; now we have a weapon that has Slash-damage (best physical type), over 20 more base damage & higher attack speed with no downsides. What the ****? What's wrong with giving some other stats than raw extra damage... I liked Fragor Prime's angle of improved Channeling-stats. Galatine Prime is just...ugh. I mean, I'll get it and I'll use it but I'll be giving the game less and less of a chance of sustained growth.

On other news, got Titania building (Vessan Moss was such a pain to scan), realised I have to hunt for the new stances, meh. I'm hoping she'll be fun though.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-08-25 at 05:34 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #916

Griffon

On other news, got Titania building (Vessan Moss was such a pain to scan), realised I have to hunt for the new stances, meh. I'm hoping she'll be fun though.
    I didn't think it was that bad - 10-12 per run through M.Prime on Mercury. The only obvious flaw was that when I got 11 and 11, I needed a whole run just to get.... 2.

As for Nekros Prime, I'm.... undecided. I don't particularly enjoy Nekros enough to grind for it again, nor am I inclined to drop to ~600-700 plat necessary to buy it in trade..... And I can't actually think of a Pro to go against those two Cons. Think I'll save my cash for the next one.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

17. - Top - End - #917

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I didn't think it was that bad - 10-12 per run through M.Prime on Mercury. The only obvious flaw was that when I got 11 and 11, I needed a whole run just to get.... 2.
    Hm. My first run on MPrime I only got 4. Perhaps aberrant map generation; I was scanning all rooms with the scanner to make sure I wasn't missing any. I used Numa - the Saturn Rescue mission for the rest as I noticed the rescue room always spawns two. Was getting 6-7 per run but it was still a bit of a pain. I had to run 6 missions the long way to get them. I probably spent 1 hour on that alone (compared to 1-missioning all the others with extras to spare and having had plenty of the Earth drops in reserve).

As for Nekros Prime, I'm.... undecided. I don't particularly enjoy Nekros enough to grind for it again, nor am I inclined to drop to ~600-700 plat necessary to buy it in trade..... And I can't actually think of a Pro to go against those two Cons. Think I'll save my cash for the next one.
    I see. After the rework I've actually really been liking Nekros myself. Already pre-rework I quite enjoyed the Soul Survivor/Shield of Shadows build but now without the need to constantly spam Desecrate and recast the long animation Shadows, it's far less of a pain to play (not to mention, the Desecrate costs are a fraction of what they used to be). And Shadows summons the Shadows around me so it's playable in more mobile gameplay, and the Equilibrium/Despoil keeps me stocked on Energy even through Soul Survivor. I even tossed two Arcane Pulses on him pre-rework to deal with the absurd Despoil costs but now those don't seem necessary or even that useful.

Here's what I'm running right now:
    Augmented Nekros

Good for farm, carries an army, revives teammates instantaneously at a distance and is nigh' invulnerable. Even Terror can hit a whole horde of enemies with the PS though I've rarely found the need to be casting it. Incidentally the Terror augment is the only one that doesn't really have any redeeming qualities.

I was also toying with the idea of using Energy Conversion over Intensify since now it won't get eaten by Desecrate all the time, but I'm not sure how recasting Shadows to max out the shadows' health interacts with it. If I need an energy orb every time I do that, it's probably not that amazing. With Nekros Prime, I'll finally be able to rank that Blind Rage up to 10 and be able to cast Shadows even while under a Parasitic Eximus's energy drain.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-08-25 at 09:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, Nekros Prime is out.

Spoiler: About the new toys
    Show
    Stats of the new toys (courtesy of Blissful_Altruism on Reddit)
    Nekros Prime: It has 125 base energy as the first in the game. This means level 30 Nekros Prime has 187 energy, one with maxed Flow has 374 and one with maxed Primed Flow has 530. His base shields are 150 (RIP 666 shields), same as Volt & co. The noteworthy thing I find is that you can now run Nekros Prime with full Blind Rage and no efficiency and still afford your Shadows of the Dead. Previously 150 energy was insufficient; you needed 155 at least. This also makes it easier to cast Shadows of the Dead with energy drainers in play. Nice for the Soul Survivor build as that wipes out your energy (thus I use it with Despoil/Equilibrium).

Tigris Prime: Compared to Sancti Tigris, it has more damage, slower reload, better accuracy and slightly different crit stats (10/x2 vs. 15/x1.5). The big difference is in status: Tigris Prime has 30% making for 4 elemental/status mods granting 100% which is awesome on shotguns (multipellet weapons go from ~3rd of the pellets proccing to every pellet proccing when going from 99% to 100%). And it has a lot of Slash, which just so happens to have the only useful physical status proc. That's quite awesome. The damage is insane, but the reload is the same as on Tigris; much longer than on Sancti. For a weapon that reloads after every shot that's huge making it a sidegrade, particularly in conjunction with the syndicate proc. I've also heard it shoots 8 pellets per shot instead of 4 (normal)/6 (Sancti). If so, that's huge for status (particularly Corrosive-procs). Definitely my kind of a weapon. I love status weapons anyways, and I've been itching for a top tier Slash-weapon.

Galatine Prime:
    Well, there you have it, DE doesn't give a single **** about game health. War was already pretty huge powercreep; now we have a weapon that has Slash-damage (best physical type), over 20 more base damage & higher attack speed with no downsides. What the ****? What's wrong with giving some other stats than raw extra damage... I liked Fragor Prime's angle of improved Channeling-stats. Galatine Prime is just...ugh. I mean, I'll get it and I'll use it but I'll be giving the game less and less of a chance of sustained growth.

Yeah, the moss is a right pain in the arse. Kinda weird that they buffed the spawn rate of Frostleaf when the Vestan Moss requirements were so high. Especially considering that Frostleaf could already be obtained in amounts of 30 or more in one run. I'm half convinced the two were supposed to be swapped around in numbers.

Spoiler: My thoughts on the new toys
    Show
    My opinions on the new Primes are mostly the same, including the Galatine Prime. Kind of annoying that they're still not bothering with a balance pass. It's better than the first time we saw this monster's stats, though - early datamines gave it 250 base damage. Now THAT'S a knife. /dundee

Kinda makes me scared to see what the upcoming syndicate melees are going to look like. One of them is going to be the Synoid Heliocor, which already comes close to matching the Fragor Prime - any kind of a buff is going to blow it out of the water. There's another hammer on there too (Sancti Magistar), and the other four (Vaykor Sydon, Telos Boltace, Secura Lecta, Rakta Dark Dagger (AGAIN WITH THE WEAPONS THAT ALREADY HAVE MODS)) are going to have to be fairly ridiculous to catch up.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-08-25 at 08:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #919

So, being sick for a couple of days proves convenient to this end. I finally finished getting everything (though I couldn't get any more Neo V2 Relics to drop after running two Radiant groups to no avail, so I just bought the Galatine Prime Handle for 30p). Impressions so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Titania: Strange frame. Terrible base stats, no particular high points. Weird CC abilities and a somewhat tedious-to-stack set of buffs on the Tribute that doesn't work with Razorwing anyways. Then there's Razorwing that's just...weird. But probably what I'll forma her for. Without it, her defensive stats just feel too weak and losing the auras from Tribute really isn't that big of a deal compared to getting the Razorflies and the 50% Evasion. Not my favorite but I'll find use for her particularly since she has an anti-status effect ability in her 1.

Pox: Awesome weapon, basically a secondary Torid (only 20 bullets in clip but uses Pistol ammo so it's full in no time). 100% status with 3 status element mods, can't really think of much use for the last 2 slots after Hornet/Barrel/Lethal/3 Element+Status. Perhaps just Magnum Force and Primed Slip Magazine or something; I'm running it on Gas/Electric to great effect and thus want to maximize the proc damage in particular.

Sarpa: I lack Bullet Dance as of yet; don't have much of an opinion on this one. Feels similar to Redeemer; I'll have to test them head-to-head to see which I prefer.

Tigris Prime: The lovely 100% status dream really works. Feels awesome blasting a Bursa once and watching it just bleed to death. Does ridiculous damage too. The long reload really is a pain though; I'll have to test Tactical Pump in addition to Seeking Fury and see how it goes with the damage.

Nekros Prime & Galatine Prime: Building but only finished overmorrow and tomorrow respectively. I'm more looking forward to Nekros Prime for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-08-27 at 07:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, being sick for a couple of days proves convenient to this end. I finally finished getting everything (though I couldn't get any more Neo V2 Relics to drop after running two Radiant groups to no avail, so I just bought the Galatine Prime Handle for 30p). Impressions so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Titania: Strange frame. Terrible base stats, no particular high points. Weird CC abilities and a somewhat tedious-to-stack set of buffs on the Tribute that doesn't work with Razorwing anyways. Then there's Razorwing that's just...weird. But probably what I'll forma her for. Without it, her defensive stats just feel too weak and losing the auras from Tribute really isn't that big of a deal compared to getting the Razorflies and the 50% Evasion. Not my favorite but I'll find use for her particularly since she has an anti-status effect ability in her 1.

Pox: Awesome weapon, basically a secondary Torid (only 20 bullets in clip but uses Pistol ammo so it's full in no time). 100% status with 3 status element mods, can't really think of much use for the last 2 slots after Hornet/Barrel/Lethal/3 Element+Status. Perhaps just Magnum Force and Primed Slip Magazine or something; I'm running it on Gas/Electric to great effect and thus want to maximize the proc damage in particular.

Sarpa: I lack Bullet Dance as of yet; don't have much of an opinion on this one. Feels similar to Redeemer; I'll have to test them head-to-head to see which I prefer.

Tigris Prime: The lovely 100% status dream really works. Feels awesome blasting a Bursa once and watching it just bleed to death. Does ridiculous damage too. The long reload really is a pain though; I'll have to test Tactical Pump in addition to Seeking Fury and see how it goes with the damage.

Nekros Prime & Galatine Prime: Building but only finished overmorrow and tomorrow respectively. I'm more looking forward to Nekros Prime for obvious reasons.
    My problem on Relics right now is Axi V1s, Vauban Chassis is all I need to get everything done from the last set of Primes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Titania: I'm having an absolute blast with just her 4, honestly; I'll be using her for a while yet. My current project is getting enough efficiency/duration to run it for a whole mission, like I can with Excal EB.
    Pox: Will be getting those soon, my dojo remodels are almost done, and my labs are back in order. EDIT: Just grabbed them, love the feel. Weirded out by the sideways throw, though. I'm guessing that's a bug. Wiki says Gas procs are affected by the Toxic damage on your gun, so putting on Pathogen Rounds might not be a bad idea if you're maxing out proc damage.
    Sarpa: Lucked out and got Bullet Dance on my first run; it's fun, but AFAIR it's still borked on the Redeemer. Sarpa itself is fun, too; I like the more ranged play, though I still want a sniper blade at some point.
    Tigris Prime, Galatine Prime, Nekros Prime: Bought into PA for this one, liked the Uru Prime and Acanthus Prime enough to justify it. All three are handling quite nicely, though I'm not running 100% status on my Tigris Prime ATM. I'll have to try it sometime. Galatine Prime does justify the fears of power creep, though; DE really needs to give the weapons a nice balance pass.

EDIT: Aaaand I've got my Vauban Chassis :D

EDIT 2: See inside the spoiler, notes on Pox.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-08-29 at 01:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #921

Congrats on the Voob! I'm thinking of going after some to sell some Vauban P Sets. Those still fetch a reasonable price unlike most things nowadays.

I'm not sure about the Pox thing. I know Wiki claims that but it's contrary to my understanding the modding system so I suppose I'll have to test if it indeed works.

Finally finished the first round of leveling everything:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tigris Prime has become my favorite Bursa-busting weapon. Well, unsurprisingly with that burst (probably the only enemy where I consider burst a really worthwhile stat) but there's also the fact that even level 100 Bursas kneel before those Slash-procs.

Finished Galatine Prime and yeah, that thing is utterly ridiculous. It's only two Forma to finish and it's just an even better War in every way; its damage is just plain stupid. Even partially modded, it's easy to go like 3000-4000 on Hieracon with just Galatine P. The AOE clear is good enough to protect the extractors from the non-shooters. Meh. I'll probably keep using War since it looks cooler and it's perfectly sufficient, not to mention more exclusive. But I'll feel a bit sad about what could've been.

Nekros Prime, well, the extra energy is indeed really sweet and the extra shields are surprisingly useful. Same old bonedad as always though, but I will be happy to have my R10 Blind Rage and enough energy to cast Shadows even through energy drain. I'll have to say, I'm a bit tempted by just using the Power Drift + Blind Rage combo (gives you just 214% PS which gives the 90% DR from Shield of Shadows; and Shield of Shadows conveniently grants knockdown immunity with the links so Handspring is unnecessary) - would free up one more mod slot for either Primed Continuity (less degeneration on the clones) or Natural Talent (mostly for faster Shadows cast times). Or just more power strength. The 7-mod core of Blind Rage/Vitality/Health Conversion/Equilibrium/3 Augment I'm definitely happy with though.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-08-29 at 06:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922

Has anyone figured out how they like to build Titania yet? I'm looking at an allrounder Razorwing build as here but I also noticed the existence of a dura/range-based Spellbind build (also nice CC with Lantern).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-09-02 at 04:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Has anyone figured out how they like to build Titania yet? I'm looking at an allrounder Razorwing build as here but I also noticed the existence of a dura/range-based Spellbind build (also nice CC with Lantern).
    Finished the quest today, I'm still waiting for one more nitain alert to finish building the thing.
    Got the last nitan about 5 minutes ago, so i'll have an opinion in about a week after it finishes crafting and I have some time to mess with it. I've heard good things from the guys in my clan that have played with it, but nothing about specific builds.
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2016-09-02 at 09:05 PM.
    Long-form Sig

24. - Top - End - #924

Griffon

I think the Razorwing build is probably the 'best' way to play Titania, in the sense that it's her unique schtick that no one else can emulate and is a lot of fun to boot.

Lantern and the other powers are fine, don't get me wrong, but they're just generic Crowd Control and AoE damage. Other frames can do them better, and her Passive Skill doesn't do anything to buff gunplay or melee fighting. Using Titania and not using Razorwing a whole lot would be like using Mesa and turning her into a melee build. You can do it, sure, but you're missing out on a lot if you do.

25. - Top - End - #925

using Mesa and turning her into a melee build. You can do it, sure, but you're missing out on a lot if you do.
    Which works quite well. Between Shooting gallery locking out their guns and having the DR of the shield with the use of PM to sweep a room if needed she is more than capable of going melee.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #926

Griffon

I think you get my point, even if there might be a better example....

Nevermind. Does anyone happen to know when the Syndicate melee weapons are due to arrive? I haven't been able to watch the podcasts, but I'm getting myself seriously worked up over a new Boltace - I haven't spent any of my Syndicate standing since I found out I might need it

27. - Top - End - #927
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think you get my point, even if there might be a better example....

Nevermind. Does anyone happen to know when the Syndicate melee weapons are due to arrive? I haven't been able to watch the podcasts, but I'm getting myself seriously worked up over a new Boltace - I haven't spent any of my Syndicate standing since I found out I might need it
    Considering recent dev comments about putting content updates on hold until TWW (at least I think that's what they said, they do this for most major updates), I'm fairly certain those have been delayed until TWW. Mildly annoyed, though I suppose there wasn't anything in there that was going to be swapped in on any of my major builds - for starters, none of them are claws.

I NEED ONE GOOD SET OF THOSE, DE

28. - Top - End - #928

Dragon Venka would be good
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #929
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragon Venka would be good
    That, or Venka Prime. Or Prisma Venka. Or Venka Wraith, or Vandal. Literally any variant of those, but better than what we have.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Finally got around to working on Silver Grove. Just ran Narcissus, and there wasn't a single frostleaf plant. Checked the wiki, and yes, Narcissus is the right tileset, and Pluto is one of the planets where it's supposed to spawn "in large batches". Is it a bug, or did my typical luck strike again? Would a different mission be better? (I prefer exterminate, since I can clear and then go foraging at my leisure.)
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2016-09-11 at 09:54 AM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.