New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Finally got my Steel Meridian rep up and snagged a Vaykor Hek, only to discover that I can't put Scattered Justice in it. Massive disappointment. I guess I should check to see if Gleaming Blight is still in my Rakta Dark Dagger, not that that weapon really needs any mods other than Covert Lethality installed...
    The Vaykor Hek already has an innate syndicate proc as well as better stats than the Hek, so Scattered Justice would be complete overkill.

Gleaming Blight does fit in the Rakta Dark Dagger, probably because it doesn't have an innate syndicate proc. Note that stealth and Gleaming Blight don't work well together as the syndicate proc makes you lose your stealth bonus if it hits any bad guys.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not like stealth bonus is hard to get back if you do happen to lose it.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    The Vaykor Hek already has an innate syndicate proc as well as better stats than the Hek, so Scattered Justice would be complete overkill.
    I'm not seeing a problem here.

Gleaming Blight does fit in the Rakta Dark Dagger, probably because it doesn't have an innate syndicate proc. Note that stealth and Gleaming Blight don't work well together as the syndicate proc makes you lose your stealth bonus if it hits any bad guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Not like stealth bonus is hard to get back if you do happen to lose it.
    It's not, but you get one or two kills and it procs again, so you lose it again, and you never get it up to 500% and keep it there for the duration of the mission. Means it takes a lot longer to level and you don't get nearly as much affinity at 30. When I'm leveling a rifle or pistol, I silence it and run spy, exterminate, or rescue missions and just rack up massive numbers of stealth kills.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Just thought I'd let people know that starting from tomorrow (29th June) to the 26th July, there's a promotion going on where if you sign up for Twitch Prime, you get a free Frost Prime (and presumably a warframe slot), Vistapa Prime Syandana and a Dragon Mod Pack: link.

According to the link, you can get a free trial for Twitch Prime when you sign up for an Amazon Prime trial: link.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Just thought I'd let people know that starting from tomorrow (29th June) to the 26th July, there's a promotion going on where if you sign up for Twitch Prime, you get a free Frost Prime (and presumably a warframe slot), Vistapa Prime Syandana and a Dragon Mod Pack: link.

According to the link, you can get a free trial for Twitch Prime when you sign up for an Amazon Prime trial: link.
    Hmm, where do you actually link your account? I'm not seeing a way to redeem this, either on the Warframe site or on Twitch?

6. - Top - End - #1206

Griffon

Apparently it will appear in your "Prime Loot" box (The crown-shaped icon besides your avatar in the top right corner) of the Twitch site once your accounts are linked. I've had Amazon Prime for a while now, fully subscribed, and currently it's still showing loot for Overwatch and BattleGroundPlayerUnknown. Presumably they will cycle out at some point and show new stuff, including Warframe.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

It's supposed to start today, not sure when. That may be why you couldn't see it yesterday (assuming you've already linked your accounts).

If you haven't, in twitch there should be a button that allows you to link them (have to do it from twitch; trying it from amazon just sent me to the twitch page).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

8. - Top - End - #1208

Griffon

I'm presuming that it's because I'm on GMT, whereas the Warframe crew are PST - their definition of "today" is 9 hours different to mine, so I can always check tomorrow.

[EDIT] Confirmed - Darvo sends out a mail to your inbox while in the game, and gives you a link to where you need to go in order to join up your accounts. Mine turned up a few minutes ago.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2017-06-29 at 02:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Apparently it will appear in your "Prime Loot" box (The crown-shaped icon besides your avatar in the top right corner) of the Twitch site once your accounts are linked. I've had Amazon Prime for a while now, fully subscribed, and currently it's still showing loot for Overwatch and BattleGroundPlayerUnknown. Presumably they will cycle out at some point and show new stuff, including Warframe.
    It's up now.

I figured DE posted the announcement ahead of Twitch actually refreshing the rewards page. Just linked my account.

Edit: upon logging in, I got a mail saying I should link my accounts (already done) ... where does the stuff show up?
    Last edited by Neftren; 2017-07-01 at 12:35 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Edit: upon logging in, I got a mail saying I should link my accounts (already done) ... where does the stuff show up?
    In case you haven't already found them, they should show up in the relevant places in the inventory and other places where you access them (Frost P in the warframe selection in the Arsenal, syndana from the appearance menu, mods just turn up in your mods list).

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

In case you haven't already found them, they should show up in the relevant places in the inventory and other places where you access them (Frost P in the warframe selection in the Arsenal, syndana from the appearance menu, mods just turn up in your mods list).
    Oh I see. I thought there'd be a loot crate in-game or something. Turns out I missed it because I already have Frost Prime and the mods. Didn't think to check the Syandana. Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #1212

So its not like the Vault then where you get a duplicate of the item?
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #1213

You do get a second Frost Prime if you already had one.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

So, Tennocon certainly happened! What do you think of the 'main' reveal, the Plains of Eidolon? Excited? Apathetic? Exactly what you hoped DE would bring into the game? I'll be interested to see what it brings, but I really hope that DE expands it out to other planets as well; it would be really interesting to see who lives on say, Jupiter and how!
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2017-07-12 at 01:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    So, Tennocon certainly happened! What do you think of the 'main' reveal, the Plains of Eidolon? Excited? Apathetic? Exactly what you hoped DE would bring into the game? I'll be interested to see what it brings, but I really hope that DE expands it out to other planets as well; it would be really interesting to see who lives on say, Jupiter and how!
    No bird or fish will go unscathed.

I'm curious to see how it goes and I hope they up the flying speeds in the zone (my Volt travels faster than that, let alone my Nezha) and that they don't make the ceiling too low.

Supposedly it's going to be out before Christmas, although Soon™ would probably be more accurate. I've heard mutterings, it may also be tied in with the Kingpin system, which would make the roaming more entertaining (run the lead up missions to get co-ordinates to hit their main base out on the plains).

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dwarf in the Playground

I didn't expect to see it in Warframe proper, but something like an open-world Warframe is something that I've been seeking for a while - I've been on a bit of an open-world bender recently, especially with LoZ: Breath of the Wild, and combining that kind of explorative map with Warframe's incredible core gameplay loop was something that I thought would be amazing to see in action. Didn't think DE would do it themselves, though :D

Supposedly, the plan is to see how PoE goes, then give each planet an open-world zone if people end up enjoying it. This is something I'm wholly in favor of.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2017-07-12 at 12:08 PM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Minor freebie alert: type in FREESWORD at https://www.warframe.com/promocode for a free Heat Sword and more importantly, a weapon slot (ie 6 plat worth of freebies)

18. - Top - End - #1218

Griffon

I thoroughly enjoyed the Plains of Eidolon footage, everything in it is something that I want and will be putting a lot of time into. Especially to customizable weapons; that's going to be a HUGE thing for me, as I've always loved games like Vagrant Story where every piece of equipment can be tweaked and adjusted to get something special. I only hope they eventually create a similar system for guns as well as melee weapons.

Eidolon itself looks incredible, and I cannot wait to get out there.
    Well no, that's not quite true - I want to get out there, certainly, but what I want is to stand on top of a hill at dusk and throw myself at whatever pulls itself out of the ground with wild abandon, Shadow of Colossus/Attack on Titan/Godzilla style. Warframing up a kaiju and Hek'ing it in the face... I admit, I squee'd a little bit at the thought.

Also, HUGELY excited for Hydroid Prime and Excalibur Umbra. They are my two absolute favourite frames and both coming out together is a dream come true for me, even if I'm not entirely sure what the difference between Umbra and Prime might be. I know it's different stats, but I've also read it means different abilities, too...?

Not hugely interested in the new "glass themed" Warframe. At present it looks a lot like Octavia, who I was never much of a fan for. Serviceable, sure, but aesthetically dis interesting. Still, I also thought the same about Nidus and have since come around to him in a big way so I may yet be surprised.

All in all, and excellent and exciting update for the game, and I'm looking forward to it immensely.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2017-07-12 at 01:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Tactical Potato's video showed 3 slots, each with 6 possibilities, in the custom weapon creation UI. That's 216 combinations. If each of those grants mastery points....

My first custom weapon is going to be a dagger because, well, Ivara + Covert Lethality.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Well no, that's not quite true - I want to get out there, certainly, but what I want is to stand on top of a hill at dusk and throw myself at whatever pulls itself out of the ground with wild abandon, Shadow of Colossus/Attack on Titan/Godzilla style. Warframing up a kaiju and Hek'ing it in the face... I admit, I squee'd a little bit at the thought.
    So a non-Archwing version of the Jordas Trial?

There's the possibility of the new critter at the end of the video being a new Trial boss, so a new 8 man raid.

Tactical Potato's video showed 3 slots, each with 6 possibilities, in the custom weapon creation UI. That's 216 combinations. If each of those grants mastery points....
    It could be that each variable part (ie 18 in total) grants mastery points and as they're a 1/3 of a weapon, they cap at rank 10 (ie 1000 points each), so maxing all 18 only grants 18,000 points and a weapon's mastery rank is the sum of all its components' ranks.

Of course there's the issue of getting all 18 components in the first place - the parts required to craft some components will undoubtedly be rarer than others.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2017-07-12 at 04:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

My thoughts on PoE (man a lot of things seem to have that acronym): I want to be hype, but DE has a bit of a habit of things ending up poorly. Though if that whole thing wasn't heavily mocked up for the demonstration then perhaps they've finally learned to stick the landing.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm getting back into the game after a long hiatus, and currently don't really have anyone to play with. Anyone here still playing consistently?

I'm at GMT+10 and although university is about to begin again, I still intend to spend some time playing this game.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'm also GMT+10, and am on most evenings. IGN is thatSeniorGuy.

In unrelated news, I managed to farm up Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Oberon Prime and Nekros Prime all by myself! I'm so proud of me And thanks to some plat purchases, I have all the prime frames now, with the exception of Excalibur (Founders only) and Nyx (vaulted). On that note, do we know which primes will be unvaulted next? Will the vault on open after Hydroid Prime is released?

E: Oh and Ash Prime is also vaulted, duh.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2017-07-22 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm also GMT+10, and am on most evenings. IGN is thatSeniorGuy.

In unrelated news, I managed to farm up Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, Oberon Prime and Nekros Prime all by myself! I'm so proud of me And thanks to some plat purchases, I have all the prime frames now, with the exception of Excalibur (Founders only) and Nyx (vaulted). On that note, do we know which primes will be unvaulted next? Will the vault on open after Hydroid Prime is released?

E: Oh and Ash Prime is also vaulted, duh.
    Vault likely won't be opening for a little bit after Hydroid Prime releases, it only just opened with Mag and Rhino. I believe Loki and Nova are upcoming, unless I'm missing someone.

On an unrelated topic, I think the recent Tenno Reinforcements gave me my new favorite Polearm in both form and function; Guandao looks awesome and works rather well.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

25. - Top - End - #1225

I'm really enjoying the new polearm, the pistol not so much. i can see it having uses but its not being a fun weapon to level, particularly when i can use the polearm instead.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    On an unrelated topic, I think the recent Tenno Reinforcements gave me my new favorite Polearm in both form and function; Guandao looks awesome and works rather well.
    Oooo, I missed that announcement. Now I can re-live all my Guan Yu Dynasty Warrior days again.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Now that ive forma'd it twice the pistol isn't too bad ~ lots of fun with things like Nidus's Shoggoth or Vaubans Vortex pulling things in for multiple gas clouds
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

I need to find an Arid Eviscerator and the wiki is failing me. Anyone know where the buggers spawn these days?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

I need to find an Arid Eviscerator and the wiki is failing me. Anyone know where the buggers spawn these days?
    Wiki says Grineer Settlement, so Mars is where you need to go.

The issue is that they only start spawning at level 15+ and the majority of Mars is ~13, so you need at least one round of an endless to get the level high enough for them to start spawning. I'd suggest either excavation or survival since in my experience, you encounter more varied spawns if you move around a lot.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Wiki says Grineer Settlement, so Mars is where you need to go.

The issue is that they only start spawning at level 15+ and the majority of Mars is ~13, so you need at least one round of an endless to get the level high enough for them to start spawning. I'd suggest either excavation or survival since in my experience, you encounter more varied spawns if you move around a lot.
    It's my synthesis target, so I should get a message from Simaris if one is there at the start of the mission. But if they don't start spawning until I've done a couple rounds, will he still tell me when I load in?

Also, I have to do it solo, with a hobbled key, and without using any abilities to unlock a Riven, so I was really hoping to find something that would be less painful than an endless mission...
    Spoiler
    Show