New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Someday I will be able to farm for Plastids, as well as a Control module. Then I will at least be able to complete Rhino and give him a hideous color scheme. Unfortunately I am still at least three planets away from that point. Until then Ill just keep looking for Cephalon fragments on Mars and questing.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Someday I will be able to farm for Plastids, as well as a Control module. Then I will at least be able to complete Rhino and give him a hideous color scheme. Unfortunately I am still at least three planets away from that point. Until then Ill just keep looking for Cephalon fragments on Mars and questing.
    Don't be afraid to go into the recruiting chat and ask for farming groups! In particular, a node called Akkad on Eris is a very popular leveling spot (so you can usually get a squad together fairly quickly) and it gives decent amounts of plastids (plus neurodes and nanospores). So you can farm and level up at the same time!

E: It sounds like you're working on unlocking the Phobos junction, and Phobos had plastids, so yay! It also gives you access to the first branch of the Void, where Control Modules drop! So you might be closer than you think.

And yeah, I love the Arca Plasmor! Such a satisfying firing sound.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2017-11-17 at 08:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait can I go somewhere I can't normally go with a group? That could make things easier though multiplayer seems spooky.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    It's fun. The special ability is cute, but not great on the Plains because the distances are just too much.

I think it wants a very specific hybrid build and is only ideal against Grineer.
    Namely: Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Argon Scope, Vital Sense, Electric+Status, Toxic+Status, FREE SLOT.
    With Argon Scope active Semi-auto mode has guaranteed crits for 5x damage. Use that most of the time. For heavy enemies, go into automatic mode to strip off their armor before swapping back to single-shot to finish them off.
    That sounds like a good idea. I've never been a huge fan of do x, get y when aiming style mods, but for something like the argonak I think it could work. I'd certainly be willing to test it out, if I ever get my hands on argon scope or bladed rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It's "okay". Decent rate of fire, reasonable DPS, good sized clip.... but as you said, outshone in each aspect by several other weapons. I ranked it to 30 and never once used the single-fire option because it's not as powerful as the Stradavar, but I didn't detest the experience like I did with the Phage or the Torid.

Of the newer releases of weapons, I have to say that I particularly enjoy the Arca Plasmor. When you get the knack of using it - that is, stand at one end of a corridor and wait for a mob of dudes to walk in through the other - it hits like a truck and then whatever is left standing, finishes off it's nearby friends for you. I'm normally not a fan of anything with such a slow rate of fire, but this one hits such a wide area that it barely matters.
    Arca plasmor is nice. The Astilla is a beast. It's got a good rate of fire, a small magazine but quick reload. It's a shotgun that shoots slugs for a change. The Krohkur is wicked. I've been waiting for ages for a one handed sword that looks as wicked as the krohkur, and it's very powerful to boot.

Wait can I go somewhere I can't normally go with a group? That could make things easier though multiplayer seems spooky.
    You can, if the person selecting the mission has access to it. I'd be a little wary of getting that far ahead, though. One thing I've noticed about groups is the majority of the time they so far out level/gear me that they can wipe entire rooms before I can even get close enough to fire. For the purposes of affinity sharing, that doesn't matter so much, but it's not really fun gameplay. It certainly doesn't happen every time, and the longer I've played the less it became an issue. It was a pretty regular occurrence until I started doing stuff on Jupiter/Saturn.

That being said, there are a couple mission types that are a major pain to do solo. Interception in particular is a lot easier to do in a group.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Firbolg in the Playground

Slugs that shatter for a small AoE are even better than just having slugs
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #1356

NinjaGuy

Don't be afraid to go into multiplayer. For quite a while after my friends quit the game I played solo, and I regret it so much. The game is just so much more better and fun playing with a group. Also, you level up so much faster. And yes, you may end up in cases where you find you're ahem "use-impaired", but that will ease as you keep playing. Hell, even doing a Radial Blind every so often or letting loose a Rhino Roar will be appreciated by your team-mates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

7. - Top - End - #1357

The heck is an Orokin Derelict Key? Searching in the market finds nothing.

Also, what's a good shotgun that requires mastery rank 1 or higher, but not 6?
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2017-11-18 at 12:48 AM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

8. - Top - End - #1358

NinjaGuy

An Orokin Derelict Key grants one-time access to a node on the Orokin Derelict, an Infested Orokin ship. Of note on the derelict are Orokin Vaults, which house special mods called corrupted mods which give a large benefit to one stat at the cost to another stat. These vaults themselves need special keys called dragon keys, which unlock a particular vault. There's also the Lephantis boss on the assassination node. In recuiting you'll often see calls for vault runs, which is refers to running an Orokin Derelict node and looking for a vault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

9. - Top - End - #1359

None of the good ones are less than 4 except for Boar P and that's got its own challenges
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #1360

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Also, what's a good shotgun that requires mastery rank 1 or higher, but not 6?
    The Hek, and to a lesser extent the Kohm.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

Yup, we call it 'taxi'-ing. As others have said, just ask in the recruiting chat and you can pretty much get a taxi to any node - this is especially useful for alerts that pop up on nodes you haven't unlocked yet.

You can even get access to nodes that require keys (eg Orokin Derelict or Mutalist Alad V Assassinate) without a key of your own as only the person selecting the mission needs one. Often you see people looking for keyshare groups to such restricted nodes, where each player takes turns in selecting the mission, so for the price of one key, you get 4 attempts at farming up whatever component you're after.

My only comment is that while most veteran players won't expect you to contribute much on taxi runs, being able to make a reasonable effort to stay alive on your own is a must. We don't mind reviving you every now and again, but being forced to do so every 30 seconds can impact on mission success.

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    The heck is an Orokin Derelict Key? Searching in the market finds nothing.
    Further to thatSeniorGuy's comments, the Orokin Derelict key blueprints are in the Equipment > Keys and Drones section of the market and there's a blueprint for each node. The blueprints are reusable and you can get all the components during normal gameplay, except for the Orokin Derelict Assassinate key, which requires Lephantis Nav Coordinates obtainable only from the Orokin Derelict.

The dragon keys mentioned are clan tech only and can be found in the solar rail room.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The Hek, and to a lesser extent the Kohm.
    Further to this, if you can get hold of the Scattered Justice mod, the Hek will very easily get you around the whole starchart and will do well even into sorties.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

In case not everyone is aware, Hirudo + Primed Fury + Berserker + Blood Rush on a Valkyr with Eternal War is absolutely ridiculous. Add a Kavat with Pack Leader and Hunter Recovery and you don't even need to pop Hysteria to become invulnerable. You attack so fast, and every swing is a crit that grants hp recovery to both yourself and your pet, and your pet's damage also gives you hp recovery... I just walked up to a Juggernaut and punched it in the face.

As for the shotgun question, Tigris requires MR4 and is fantastic. With the right setup it's viable into endgame (though by the time you reach that point you'll have the Syndicate and/or Prime versions available to you, and they're even better).

Also, if you're looking for different warframes that you don't have to farm blueprints for, you could see about joining a clan. There are several available through the dojo: Volt, Banshee, Nezha, Wukong, and Zephyr. If they've already done the research, you can just buy the blueprints for all the pieces. Also, if you see an infested invasion, look for Phorid assassination missions to get Nyx; I mained her for a long time. Her CC makes enemies attack each other, which is always good for a laugh.

Don't worry about feeling like you're not pulling your weight; some day you'll pay it forward to some other newbie. Hell, I'm almost MR22 and I sometimes get carried, especially when I'm leveling a new weapon (or releveling one that I just slapped a Forma into). Some weapons are really bad about it; I'm currently in the process of chain-Formaing my Opticor because I just got a Riven for it (with a crit build it will have a 10.1x multiplier), and more than half the time my squad kills my targets while the stupid thing is charging.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    As for the shotgun question, Tigris requires MR4 and is fantastic. With the right setup it's viable into endgame (though by the time you reach that point you'll have the Syndicate and/or Prime versions available to you, and they're even better).
    I find the Tigris family of shotguns to be very marmite-y - you'll either love them or hate them due to their unique fire mechanic (they fire once when you click, then fire again when you release).

They're great when you absolutely, positively have to kill a single target, but unless you're using the Sancti version and a decent amount of punchthrough, they suffer a bit against groups.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, PoE makes me regret buying Destiny 2, it's so awesome.

My Sniper rifles are finally getting a workout, and I realized that I might actually like some them.

Unfortunately, the Sentient enemies on the Plains don't seem to count towards my "kill Sentients" Riven. Unless...do I have to use the weapon that has that Riven to kill the Sentient?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Unfortunately, the Sentient enemies on the Plains don't seem to count towards my "kill Sentients" Riven. Unless...do I have to use the weapon that has that Riven to kill the Sentient?
    Unless they patched it, all you need is to have that riven on a weapon you're carrying.

Are you properly killing the mini-Sentients (shoot/melee them then killing the ghost mode with with Void Beam/Blast) or just shooting them?

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

biggrin Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Unless they patched it, all you need is to have that riven on a weapon you're carrying.

Are you properly killing the mini-Sentients (shoot/melee them then killing the ghost mode with with Void Beam/Blast) or just shooting them?
    Just melee/shooting. I read somewhere that killing them as an Operator doesn't count.

EDIT: Never mind. I tried it the other way and it worked. I now have a damage, zoom and cold damage increasing mod for the Spira.

EDIT 2: IT WORKS WITH MY SPIRA PRIME! WHOOOOOO!!!!
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2017-11-19 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Don't be afraid to go into multiplayer. For quite a while after my friends quit the game I played solo, and I regret it so much. The game is just so much more better and fun playing with a group. Also, you level up so much faster. And yes, you may end up in cases where you find you're ahem "use-impaired", but that will ease as you keep playing. Hell, even doing a Radial Blind every so often or letting loose a Rhino Roar will be appreciated by your team-mates.
    My personal issue with multiplayer is my preferred pace tends to differ significantly from that of others. Point defense maps? It's fine, but other maps I'm just continuously running to catch up.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    My personal issue with multiplayer is my preferred pace tends to differ significantly from that of others. Point defense maps? It's fine, but other maps I'm just continuously running to catch up.
    Personally, I only really go into the public group finder when I need something specific for which a group would be optimal. The rest of the time is either solo or with people I know.

Overall the greatest benefit to multiplayer is the increased number of spawns, and thus loot, but it's generally rather negligible unless you're doing fissures. That being said, point defense missions are much better to do as a group.

As an aside, I also don't think there's much of an issue in having one player who is lagging a bit behind and in my experience most people are pretty forgiving even if they just complete the mission without you.
    Last edited by Arcane_Snowman; 2017-11-19 at 05:32 PM.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Just melee/shooting. I read somewhere that killing them as an Operator doesn't count.

EDIT: Never mind. I tried it the other way and it worked. I now have a damage, zoom and cold damage increasing mod for the Spira.

EDIT 2: IT WORKS WITH MY SPIRA PRIME! WHOOOOOO!!!!
    Yeah, shooting/melee the vomulysts only puts them into 'ghost mode' and they revert into 'normal' mode after a minute or two. The only way to properly kill them and get the chance for a sentient core drop, is to put them into ghost mode then kill them with Operator.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

Most productive day I think I've ever had. I now have the Primes of Volt, Saryn, Hydroid, Fragor, Aklex, and Silva & Aegis building. I'm also only one piece away from completing both Banshee and Vauban, though I've burned all my relics that have a chance at the Banshee piece and I don't have enough oxium left to craft Vauban even if I get the last thing. I'm also close to completing a handful of other weapons, but at this point I'm burning relics that don't have anything I'm looking for to get void traces and ducat fodder.

I wish the Hemocyte had a chance to drop the other sets, too. Only took 2 kills to complete the Hunter set. Meanwhile, after weeks of farming bounties I have yet to complete any of the other three.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

Things go well I think. Somehow missed that Phobos has Plastids and leads to the Void, a source of Control Modules meaning I can farm all the parts I need for Rhino. Unfortunately I've used up my Galium on a Cernos bow because I found the Paris MK-1 enjoyable but useless, especially against Corpus.

Tried multiplayer, I feel it works best in Void Fissures and defense missions. Joined a clan, and it looks like despite being small it has the research all done. I was able to get a few prime parts Void Fissures. And I found a Vauban chassis blueprint from an alert.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Small active clans tend to have the research done sooner than large clans due to the scaling of costs. Don't worry about farming CM, spend any length of time on a place that has them and you will end up with more than you EVER need.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, it took two missions in the void but I got a handful of control modules now. So in a mere 83 more hours I will be able to start playing as Rhino. I hope to go for a My Little Pony color scheme because why not. Next, completing a few quests, farming Mag blueprints, and stuff I guess. Got two Oberon blueprints in one mission which is good.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Hi thread. I just started playing Warframe a few days ago, still have only the tutorial stuff and free Primes from the twitch prime deal, although I'm building a Bolter right now. Anyway, does anyone have recommendations for things a new player should be doing? So far I've just been running around Earth and Venus unlocking missions and doing the limited time stuff that pops up (FYI, doing the Infested Boil mission with a lv20 Volt & tutorial rifle is a recipe for doing 0 damage to the Hemocytes. I basically spent that whole section of the mission keeping the normal infested busy while my teammates did the real work).
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

25. - Top - End - #1375

Always be Leveling and Level all the things.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #1376

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Anyway, does anyone have recommendations for things a new player should be doing?
    Seems like you're doing fine, so far. The objective of Warframe is to collect one of everything that exists in Warframe, so keep that in mind and you can't go far wrong

For a less silly answer, you get new Warframes by completing the Assassination mission at the end of each planet; each time you kill that boss, it drops one of 4 parts needed to build a new 'frame, so replay it a few times until you're ready to move on.

If you want to play through the story and learn the lore of the game, then you should finish Venus; get to the Junction that takes you to Mercury, complete all of the tasks listed there, then kill the Guardian and it'll kick start the next quest.

If you just want more stuff to play with and different weapons to use, consider joining a Clan - you can buy a huge amount of weapons and Warframes through Clans, and most won't ask for much (if any) commitment in return, but it's also a nice way to meet people so that you can take advantage of the game's multiplayer aspect.
    Note however, that to use most of the stuff from a Clan you will need to increase your Mastery Level; all of your weapons and Warframes have a level between 1 and 30, but your Mastery Level is essentially the level of your personal account. It increases by levelling up equipment and warframes and then completing the test that can be accessed through some of the Relays - the first of which is available on Mercury.

Have fun, Tenno!
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Hi thread. I just started playing Warframe a few days ago, still have only the tutorial stuff and free Primes from the twitch prime deal, although I'm building a Bolter right now. Anyway, does anyone have recommendations for things a new player should be doing? So far I've just been running around Earth and Venus unlocking missions and doing the limited time stuff that pops up (FYI, doing the Infested Boil mission with a lv20 Volt & tutorial rifle is a recipe for doing 0 damage to the Hemocytes. I basically spent that whole section of the mission keeping the normal infested busy while my teammates did the real work).
    That's fine, keeping all the infested off your team mates while they wait for the Hemocytes' vulnerability phases is still being useful.

General advice:
    • Don't buy resources with your starter platinum - I would suggest buying warframe/weapon slots.
    • Always max out your equipment to level 30 before selling it as they can be a pain in the arse to obtain again later. It's fine to take a break from levelling up a weapon as you can always come back to it.
    • On that note, make sure the weapon/frame is still obtainable or isn't an component for something else before selling it. The warframe wiki has a list of these.
    • If you're not sure what to do next, look at the next Junction's requirements. Some of the Junction completion rewards are an excellent start for a new player and some later rewards are Junction unique.
    • Keep an eye out for Aura alerts as that's the only way to obtain them without buying from other players or getting very lucky with transmutation. Auras are boosts that help you and your whole team, but their primary benefit is additional mod points for your warframe. If there's an alert that you can't reach, try asking in the recruiting channel for a taxi to the relevant alert. Speaking of which...
    • If you get stuck on a mission, just ask for help in the recruiting channel and somebody will be able to either help. You can even ask here, although we'd need to know your in game name, platform you're playing on and times you play (including timezone).
    • Try and make your own goals and work towards them - it can be to get a particular warframe, it could be to collect one of everything in game like Wraith or even to make the prettiest warframe (aka FashionFrame) work at getting particular cosmetics/colour palettes.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2017-11-21 at 07:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    For a less silly answer, you get new Warframes by completing the Assassination mission at the end of each planet; each time you kill that boss, it drops one of 4 parts needed to build a new 'frame, so replay it a few times until you're ready to move on.
    Assassination bosses drop the blueprints for chassis, neuroptics, and systems. Blueprints for the warframes themselves mostly come from the market. In general, systems are the least common drops. Also, there are sometimes assassination missions during infested invasions; killing the boss in those missions (Phorid) is where you get the pieces for Nyx.

There are some exceptions. Oberon components come from Eximus units (you mentioned that you already have at least 2 of them). Ash pieces come from Grineer Manics (which you may not have encountered yet and will probably be a nasty surprise the first time you do). There are several quest frames, whose components either are rewards for completing steps of the quest or come from various not-immediately-obvious sources that you'll probably need to look up on warframe.wikia.com. Ivara components come from spy missions; specifically, from successfully extracting data from all three terminals (I think performing stealth extractions is either helpful or necessary). Prime warframes are a completely different beast; their blueprints and components all come from various void relics.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Ivara components come from spy missions; specifically, from successfully extracting data from all three terminals (I think performing stealth extractions is either helpful or necessary).
    There's no need to do stealth extractions (smash n' grab Rhino/Valkyr is a surprisingly effective spy mission build), but they are helpful for hacking in peace and the stealth bonus for the higher level spy missions is definitely worthwhile, plus it's quicker not being forced to do a mini-exterminate if you set off all three alarms.

The other unique warframe is Vauban, whose parts are only available from Alerts.

As mentioned Prime 'frames are different; one of the critical differences is that the components and blueprints are tradable, so if you're fed up with farming, you can buy the missing bits (or the entire thing) from other players. Regular frames can be bought whole for platinum from the market and I think come with a free gold potato (orokin reactor) and warframe slot.

30. - Top - End - #1380

Griffon

Alternatively, join a Clan and then you can just buy all of the blueprint and parts for the Banshee, Wukong and Zephyr Warframes and build them at your leisure. That's probably the easiest way of getting a hold of three new 'frames in a hurry, and without spending Real Life cash. Grinding for Oxium aside, perhaps.

Speaking of which, I realised that I haven't used Zephyr in months and decided to take him on a jaunt through the Plains of Eidolon. Turns out that, despite being made out of spun glass, it's all worth it as you can actually get some sustained use out of Tail Wind and Dive Bomb. The only problem is that if you are gliding through the air (holding Right-Click), hit Tail Wind and then glide again, it doesn't count as a 'new' glide - once the drop off begins, you have to start spamming Tail Wind constantly to avoid crash landing. Fun, though!
    I haven't decided which is more efficient - to build for Power Efficiency and make several short hops at 6p each, or to build for Duration and cruise along 50 meters at a time.... but it scared the crap out of that guy in the Archwing who didn't see me coming up behind him either way

I also had a go with Valkyr to see if I could "spider-man" my way around the map with her Wire ability. I think it's possible but I found myself falling short of a good target even in mountainous terrain; you would probably have to spec quite heavily for Range, which doesn't really suit the way that I like to play Valkyr outside of travel. Maybe Titania will be more to my taste for freely travelling the Wasteland Plains....

Oh, and, did anyone else know that it's possible to steal someone else' summoned Archwing chassis out on the Plains, provided that you're standing between the two of them when it hits the ground? I did it by accident the other day; it was both hilarious and mortifying at the same time.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2017-11-23 at 02:00 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation