New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

It would appear that the latest hotfix repaired the terribad enemy scaling in the Salacia AW Defense mission. Thank the Lotus for that, maybe I'll actually see those three weapons at some point now.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    It would appear that the latest hotfix repaired the terribad enemy scaling in the Salacia AW Defense mission. Thank the Lotus for that, maybe I'll actually see those three weapons at some point now.
    It was actually quite possible to fake it; I just finished getting all AW gear yesterday before the hotfix. The trick was to clear waves fast: if you got to under 1 min/wave, enemies didn't scale at all (wave 20 still had the same level ~29 enemies you start off against). We ran 4 Elytron groups with Grattlers/Fluctuses and Corrosive Projections. Enemies die through walls so waves are superfast. Though it probably still works, having enemies scale makes it slightly less efficient - if they fixed the actual bug with the scaling at any rate, they might've of course just sidestepped it and still prevented enemy scaling for quick rounds. Also, I still don't understand why the shuttle health is at 2k...
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-10-06 at 12:13 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    It was actually quite possible to fake it; I just finished getting all AW gear yesterday before the hotfix. The trick was to clear waves fast: if you got to under 1 min/wave, enemies didn't scale at all (wave 20 still had the same level ~29 enemies you start off against). We ran 4 Elytron groups with Grattlers/Fluctuses and Corrosive Projections. Enemies die through walls so waves are superfast. Though it probably still works, having enemies scale makes it slightly less efficient - if they fixed the actual bug with the scaling at any rate, they might've of course just sidestepped it and still prevented enemy scaling for quick rounds. Also, I still don't understand why the shuttle health is at 2k...
    I know it was possible with a coordinated group, but I could never get a coordinated group. Every time I tried to gather up a squad of pubbies and explain to them what they needed to bring, they all complained and refused to bring anything but Itzals. The only two people I could find with reasonable excuses didn't have Elytrons to begin with. And no one used Corrosive Projection but me, so armor was still a problem. This might be less efficient than running it with a coordinated squad under the original conditions, but considering that I couldn't get the coordinated squad to begin with, this will work far better for me.

I don't get the 2k shuttle health either.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    I know it was possible with a coordinated group, but I could never get a coordinated group. Every time I tried to gather up a squad of pubbies and explain to them what they needed to bring, they all complained and refused to bring anything but Itzals. The only two people I could find with reasonable excuses didn't have Elytrons to begin with. And no one used Corrosive Projection but me, so armor was still a problem. This might be less efficient than running it with a coordinated squad under the original conditions, but considering that I couldn't get the coordinated squad to begin with, this will work far better for me.

I don't get the 2k shuttle health either.
    I managed to scrounge a group together by recruiting with"H Neptune Archwing Defense (Phaedra/Kaszas farm) - Need Elytrons". Tho it took like 10 mins to assemble the full team and ensure everyone had CProj and forma'd Elytron; the weapon was kind of a given at that point due to being a far lesser grind.

Anyways, let me know how the waves behave: it's fully possible they didn't touch the scaling and just dialed down enemy leveling speed, when it'd still work the same for coordinated teams.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Alright guys, Trinity Prime is here today.

I only managed to get one Glaive BP during the scramble. No Ember P BPs.

I do however have a ton of Boltor and Rhino parts that I am sure going to find handy when Rhino is removed next.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Hooray, super-lobster butt!
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ugh, PBR has made the Void look terrible
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Gotta admit, I want a Trinity Prime. It would be faster and easier to buy it, but would feel like a much bigger accomplishment if I can farm it... Of course, then I have to either sell a frame or buy a slot...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

9. - Top - End - #159

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Gotta admit, I want a Trinity Prime. It would be faster and easier to buy it, but would feel like a much bigger accomplishment if I can farm it... Of course, then I have to either sell a frame or buy a slot...
    Buy a slot, by selling any potentially rare prime parts you get or extras you find when scavenging for Trinity Prime herself.

20 plat is fairly easy to come across if you're willing to do some haggling in the market.

If you really want to sell, just have a stock of prime parts and try to snipe anyone who's looking for things to buy. Admittedly, this is all hard work and requires some foreknowledge of what sells and what doesn't. As well as having loads of parts lying around, but that last part will be taken care of in the process of farming Trinity Prime in the first place.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-10-07 at 12:11 AM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, apparently the last patch/hotfix made several archwing weapons unavailable despite not completely removing their parts from the drop tables.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    So, apparently the last patch/hotfix made several archwing weapons unavailable despite not completely removing their parts from the drop tables.
    Aye, Fluctus Limbs, Corvas Receiver and Onorix Handle no longer drop. A friend of mine is now missing Corvas Receiver for finishing all the stuff in the game which has to be annoying as all hell. I thought they'd be on the Neptune Defense but considering I never saw 'em myself and nobody's posted getting them in the last two weeks, that seems highly unlikely; even if they were Rift Sigil-rare, I bet way, way more than 100 C-rotations have been played. The Grineer Exterminate on Saturn (and Mercury but that seems intended) still has no part drops so I can only imagine they were intended to be dropped there but something got FUBAR'd (tho they used to be the rare parts so it seems kinda weird that one node would only drop rares).

Unrelated, I finally got my Trinity Prime coming. Lucked out getting the Systems on the 5th try and the Helm fairly quickly too; Chassis and BP weren't forthcoming so I just bought them tho (30p and 40p respectively). Tho I guess the Dual Kamas will be something I'll have to hunt for a long while considering my friends and I used all our T3Cap keys up during the 2xcredit weekend. It's kinda annoying since the weapon seems fairly incredible: 20% status chance, pretty good crit numbers and by far the highest base damage in the class and good attack speed to boot. It might just surpass Prisma Dual Cleavers as my go-to dual swords, tho the 25% status chance and the insane crits on Prisma Cleavers are still nice.

Then there's that collar thingy; anyone knows how it works? Is one enough or do I need to get 1/dog?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The special prime collar gives bonus HP and shields and can be put on multiple dogs, from what I've heard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    The special prime collar gives bonus HP and shields and can be put on multiple dogs, from what I've heard.
    They also hotfixed it to give +100 armor.

Edit: Just had a Trinity tell me that power duration is good for an EV build because "it gives more energy" that way. He then argued with me about it then rage quit after I told him he was stupid and should quit Warframe. I usually try to be nicer than that to people, but willful displays of ignorance (and continued defense of it) tends to piss me off.
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-10-09 at 02:11 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

14. - Top - End - #164

Kobold

You probably could have handled that better...

Still, I actually think he does have a point. It's kinda.... silly that EV benefits more from less duration than it does for more since the way the ticks work favors slower durations.

Also, where do you get T4 Ext's? I've been farming Mars all day today and yesterday and I keep getting everything else.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-10-10 at 12:03 AM.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #165

Warframe Wiki says "medium difficulty" Interception missions.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

I've gotten T4E from Augustus, Mars. It's just a painfully rare key with a hideously overloaded drop table (with far too high a chance for formas or cores)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

I wanna say that some spy nodes drop t4 keys fairly consistently, but I don't recall where or which keys.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

18. - Top - End - #168

I unfortunately ran all my T4Es during the 2xcredit weekend (and T3Es, T3Cs and T4Cs). I mostly just get them from Syndicate Void Key Packs. It's just so darn inefficient to farm missions for them.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-10-10 at 12:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welp, my Dual Kamas Prime are now on the crafting bench. I think this is the fastest I've ever gotten a Prime item after it's release, disregarding my purchase of Ash Prime Access. Hasn't even been a week :D

Now for Trin Prime. Need more T3MD and T2Sab keys for that, hopefully Neptune and the syndicate packs are generous about those.

20. - Top - End - #170

Kobold

I've been unlucky getting T4 Ext's. I got all of the other missions, just not Exts.

I guess I'll set asside getting the collar for now, get the other things for now.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

The legends: we all thought they were just... fanciful stories to lure in the young and the weak-willed. Well I tell you now, they were true all along! You only need to repent! ALLOW RNGESUS INTO YOUR HEART AND YOU TOO SHALL REVEL IN THE GLORY OF HIS KINGDOM!

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

I got one (my only one) back when all I had was a Loki and a Rhino to my name. The $12 I spent on 1000 platinum have supported my growth all the way through my full stable of warframes and sizable arsenal.

Of course once I got my hands on some useful Vault and Nightmare mods to sell keeping the platinum total from dipping too low became easier.

But that first injection of (the only reasonably priced) platinum was invaluable.

-RFC 1925

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I play too!

IGN is corsair238
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

24. - Top - End - #174
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    The legends: we all thought they were just... fanciful stories to lure in the young and the weak-willed. Well I tell you now, they were true all along! You only need to repent! ALLOW RNGESUS INTO YOUR HEART AND YOU TOO SHALL REVEL IN THE GLORY OF HIS KINGDOM!
    I got one of those on Labor Day, when plat purchases gave 20% extra plat or something like that. It was a fantastic day. Spent $5, got more plat than I'll need for quite a while. Should sustain me until I've got loads of excess prime parts and Nightmare mods to sell off.

...of course, RNGesus has been getting revenge on me ever since. Four Salad V keyshares have given me eight Mesa Helmets, six Mesa Chassis, and two scammers who left the squad when it was their turn to use their keys. One of these days, I'll get me some systems. One of these days.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hullo. Add me to the PC list; IGN is Okibruez.

I'm not on often, though, especially since my internet has been garbage lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    I INSPIRE AWE IN MY ENEMIES BY SERVING THEM TEA.
    Awesome Avatar courtesy of Ava. Adopt an Avatar today!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Here's hoping everyone stocked up on their fomorian disruptors from the last event, because there's a non-event Balor fomorian just hanging around ready to take down Larunda relay on Mercury in a little over 3 days.

I say non-event because Rebecca Ford said that "randomly scheduled attacks are now going to be a thing".

-RFC 1925

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Twist View Post
    Here's hoping everyone stocked up on their fomorian disruptors from the last event, because there's a non-event Balor fomorian just hanging around ready to take down Larunda relay on Mercury in a little over 3 days.

I say non-event because Rebecca Ford said that "randomly scheduled attacks are now going to be a thing".
    Already attacked it twice. Gonna farm nano-spores tonight for more disruptors
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-10-16 at 05:50 AM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

28. - Top - End - #178

Seems Velocitus still does the multihit thing for massive damage on the Core in spite of it being uncrittable (not to mention, it still has amazing raw DPS even without crits). I was able to 2 million the Core pretty much solo. Not sure how Fluctus would work; has anyone tried if it gets like 100 hits per pass? That would obviously make it preferable in spite of its horrid ammo economy and relatively DPS. Either way, a tip for any prospective Fomorian destroyers: run Velocitus if you have it available, it makes hitting the 1M for the rewards a breeze.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-10-16 at 06:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still stuck using the imperator. Still getting nice rewards.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Kobold

Wait. Where's the attack? I want to get involved.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature