New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

It's already down less than 12 hours after showing up.

The difference lies apparently in the way the Event ran versus this:

Event
    • had lots of fomorians at once
    • few rewards past the initial "you got a sufficiently-high score" thing
    • ran during Christmas break when not everyone could play

This fight
    • had one fomorian on Mercury, accessible to most people.
    • rewarded 5 rare cores each run
    • had a chance at an imperator vandal part drop
    • ran on a normal day (events usually start on a Thursday and have quite a few people normally)

So, it's down and fast.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. That literally started after I was in bed and ended before I got off work.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Whew....That's way fast. I want imperitor vandal parts.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

I got the blueprint and the receiver I think. Checking now.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Wait. Where's the attack? I want to get involved.
    It was on Mercury. From Rebecca's tweets, these are going to become a regular thing. Hek gets all uppity and sends another fomorian to a relay. Not sure if they'll rotate the special rewards or just leave it as the Imperator Vandal. Either way, having over a 75% chance at 5 rare 5 cores is very nice. It is also a fairly easy place to level archwing gear by blowing up the two shield generators and then just cleaning every single enemy until you max out your current archwing loadout. It apparently takes about ~30 minutes to an hour for that.

In other news, I managed to get the mantis engine from a rare corpus crate on Jupiter during a Steel Meridian run. Now I just need to do void capture missions and hit every loot room in the hopes of getting a rare container there.

I also managed to hit MR 20 without leveling up too many archwing things. I still have the bulk of those to build, too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

6. - Top - End - #186

Kobold

YESS!!!

It's like receiving Karma from all my grinding. 5 T4 exts in a row. It's a good feeling guys.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I decided to try playing again today.

Bullet jump is going to take getting used to. I see Excal got something to replace the now-redundant Super Jump. New wallrun seems... slower. Zipline and gliding are neat, but I think wall latch is the only truly good addition.

Also wondering if the Vaykor Hek is any good. Double mag size, but no Scattered Justice. Of course, that does free up a mod slot.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-10-20 at 06:06 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Vaykor Hek is currently in the ignominious position of being the only shotgun to effectively make use of Ravage and its Primed counterpart. It's referred to as a side-grade to the original Hek based on the current mechanics. It's lower damage per shot, but high potential of more-damaging head shot crits, balancing the whole thing out at high-end, 5+ forma play.

Me, I have the original Hek powered up already but the Vaykor has no forma. I stick with the standard model.

-RFC 1925

9. - Top - End - #189
    Firbolg in the Playground

Whoever at DE that thought of having a quest require a multipart random drop item (that is otherwise useless) to progress should be beaten soundly and then fired.
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-10-22 at 08:49 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Are you talking about the Pherliac pods?

I'm afraid I built one that time the Juggernaught was introduced into the game originally, so I got to skip right over that. It was an unpleasant pain to collect the parts then, too, and it didn't even have a payoff until now.

-RFC 1925

11. - Top - End - #191
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Whoever at DE that thought of having a quest require a multipart random drop item (that is otherwise useless) to progress should be beaten soundly and then fired.
    I do tend to agree. If it's of any help, here's at least something to minimize the grind: We got Juggs to spawn pretty consistently and quickly in Eris Exterminates with Saryn (I wager Equinox and neo-Ember should also work rather well) and you get a decent number of drops with Pilfering Swarm/Nekros. We ran it with Saryn/Volt/Nekros/Hydroid. We got Pod drop in ~20 runs with friends (Pilfering and Desecrating each time but we didn't consistently cut it to a million pieces; [Sancti] Tigris is apparently good at that and should further reduce the number of runs) with enough materials to build a whole stock of 'em - it took maybe an hour or so. Of course, then we got a bunch more BPs in a row from the Juggernauts in the boss fight with no extra drops so it was basically the attack of the Desire Censor again.

As an idea, I actually like having to acquire stuff from normal missions and incorporating normal gameplay in the core of the quests (goes a long way towards giving missions a point, though Starmap 3.0 will probably do it for all missions), but the fact that all the drops are behind huge RNG walls doesn't feel all that rewarding: much like with Invasions, having to do the same exact thing X times to get something is just tedious as there's nothing to really do; you've probably figured out the fastest way to run a grind mission real quick anyways so even optimization is already done - after that it's just a matter of banging your head to the wall until RNGesus smiles at you.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-10-22 at 10:49 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #192

I don't mind the invasions, you are getting exactly what is advertised on the tin plus whatever else drops in the actual mission. I have run a lot of them over time even before they changed the 5 to 3 and never really had any issue but to have to Keep running these Eris Missions in the vague hope for the right part gets my goat something fierce. Been doing Histo mostly with Equinox but also sometimes Nekros. The good news is that my Favorite Anti Infested weapon just received a new skin and some buffs so its been getting a work out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #193

Kobold

So I just ended up with a weird karmic rebalanve. 30 to sabotages. No trinity helmet

Ran odd once I got her BP first try.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally got around to fighting the Jordas Golem. I know I have stronger weapons than most people, but I am not seeing the necessity for 4 CPs and Velocitus' on everyone. I just solo'd it twice with absolutely no problems (aside form almost dying once or twice).
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

I decided to try the Vasto Prime. This thing feels like a toy. Barely any kick, sounds like it's shooting lasers, and of course, it's unranked and not at all on par with a Marelok. Cool reload animation though.

Heard the Lex Prime was buffed. I'll have to try that.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-10-25 at 03:09 PM.
    My Steam profile

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Finally got around to fighting the Jordas Golem. I know I have stronger weapons than most people, but I am not seeing the necessity for 4 CPs and Velocitus' on everyone. I just solo'd it twice with absolutely no problems (aside form almost dying once or twice).
    I did this mission multiple times. Here's how they went:

1) Unpotatoed Valkyr and unpotatoed leveling weapon (something from the clan): Died repeatedly to Juggernaut, had to quit once I saw I was doing poor damage to the weak spot and kept running out of oxygen and energy repeatedly.
    2) Came loaded for bear (Trinity + Hek) and got through Juggernaut handily before oxygen even started leaking: Lost all 4 revives on the space battle fighting with Itzal and mid-level Decurions with minimal mods.
    3) Went back in with a full team with 4 CP and some people who've clearly invested in their archwing: Both parts of the fight over in seconds. I think the "falling out into space" bit took longer than the fights.

So, yeah, it's a hard fight if the weapons you have aren't up to par. Then again, some people complain it's too easy because their stuff is top of the line and they can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUhix2f3H4

I still don't have Atlas.

-RFC 1925

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Twist View Post
    I did this mission multiple times. Here's how they went:

1) Unpotatoed Valkyr and unpotatoed leveling weapon (something from the clan): Died repeatedly to Juggernaut, had to quit once I saw I was doing poor damage to the weak spot and kept running out of oxygen and energy repeatedly.
    2) Came loaded for bear (Trinity + Hek) and got through Juggernaut handily before oxygen even started leaking: Lost all 4 revives on the space battle fighting with Itzal and mid-level Decurions with minimal mods.
    3) Went back in with a full team with 4 CP and some people who've clearly invested in their archwing: Both parts of the fight over in seconds. I think the "falling out into space" bit took longer than the fights.

So, yeah, it's a hard fight if the weapons you have aren't up to par. Then again, some people complain it's too easy because their stuff is top of the line and they can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUhix2f3H4

I still don't have Atlas.
    Yeah I used a 3-Forma Sancti Tigris and a 3-Forma Velocitus. They go down pretty fast to those.

Also, just got the last part to the Kavasa Collar. Yippee, I guess. Farmed it for the sake of completion, really. Now I only need the Dual Kamas Prime BP and Blades, plus the Phaedra and I'll be back at the point of having leveled everything available to me.

Edit: As for the video, yeah he doesn't have anything I don't, though looking back I probably should've been using Itzal instead of Elytron.
    Last edited by Krade; 2015-10-26 at 05:54 PM.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

18. - Top - End - #198

Kobold

Perhaps its because I potatoed and formaed my Imperator, but I had no problems versus Jordas Golem other than the absurd health he has making him a damage sponge boss for me.

I never faced him with a team.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #199

After enough Runs to get the parts for 9 whole pods the BP finally decided to drop for the *(^&%&% Pods
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Just got my Kubrow Egg yesterday. RNG has a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with me. Need to farm Orokin Cells today, but I'm also going to a Peruvian place for my birthday.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey!

I joined the game a few weeks ago, but I didn't notice this thread. I play PS4.
    My name is TheMycon, and I mostly run Nyx & Volt (have a mag, don't like it, building valkyr).

I've yet to find a secondary I like. I'd take suggestions (done Kunai, Kraken, and whatever that mining laser is).

While I have 20-some prime parts from farming for a Paris Prime, I currently have no usable prime material.
    Last edited by theMycon; 2015-10-27 at 12:40 PM.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by theMycon View Post
    I've yet to find a secondary I like. I'd take suggestions
    Build everything you can lay your hands on parts/materials for.

We can say X and you can try Y and find its better than X for you.

I recently made, used till 30 and threw out the new throwing weapon Spira as i had it recommended to me and saw a few posts of people extolling its values and i didn't like it compared to other Thrown weapons i have (Hikou Prime and Despair)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

I like the Seer. Pretty good base damage for a pistol and great accuracy when you zoom in. The BP and pieces used to drop from the first assassination target, but the star map has been revamped a few times since I got it.

Kunai are nice for stealth play if you can master the projectile drop of bows and throwing knives. Did you use real Kunai, or the Mk 1 version? Because the Mk 1 versions of all of the weapons are crap.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I like the Seer. Pretty good base damage for a pistol and great accuracy when you zoom in. The BP and pieces used to drop from the first assassination target, but the star map has been revamped a few times since I got it.

Kunai are nice for stealth play if you can master the projectile drop of bows and throwing knives. Did you use real Kunai, or the Mk 1 version? Because the Mk 1 versions of all of the weapons are crap.
    I used the Mk1 Kunai (I've only gone through 3 secondary weapons so far; but a dozen or so melee), but I suppose I have a few Hikou Prime BPs & stars.

I have the real Paris, 'cause the Mk1 version was quite useful. That said, the Rank 1 test was the only test so far that was at all difficult; so that's a mark against it. And, well, stealth. I've yet to find a stealth map that's easier with 2 people than with 1, so I've made my stealthy weapon as good as possible (potato'd it, modded for much fastness & critness; basic damage mods & Thunderbolt because I find it hilarious that no-one reacts to an explosion if it hits someone in the head).
    Last edited by theMycon; 2015-10-27 at 02:40 PM.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Colossus in the Playground

I've yet to find a secondary I like. I'd take suggestions (done Kunai, Kraken, and whatever that mining laser is).
    The Marelok from clantech is pretty awesome if you like revolver-style guns and have access to a clan (if not, I'm certain someone here can help you out). It packs a mean punch, is available relatively early at MR5 and can be used ad nauseam. The Atomos is pretty awesome; it clears rooms like nobody's business and with Ruinous Extension (a drop from the Jackal) its only drawback is basically eliminated. It's MR4. Both Angstrum and Kulstar are also awesome and at MR4 though they're explosive weapons so you have to be careful with blowing yourself up. Then there're the dual automatics in Twin Grakatas (MR0) and Aksomati (MR6) and the Biorifle in Stug at MR2. Those are all guns I still use.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

26. - Top - End - #206

NecromancerGuy

Not sure what any of the mastery requirements for these are, but these are some of the ones i've liked over the couple years i've been playing. They're roughly in order of how much I like/use them. I've sold all below Dex Furis unless i'm working on crafting the dual wield verson:
    Marelok (Vaykor) <- Go to secondary for high level play for me
    Hikou (prime)
    Atomos
    Dex Furis
    Twin grakatas
    Lex family (lex, aklex, lex prime)
    Despair
    Bronco (prime)
    akbronco (still working on getting parts for prime)
    vasto (still working on prime)
    Detron (mara)
    Long-form Sig

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

I have the real Paris, 'cause the Mk1 version was quite useful.
    What strange reality have I wandered into?!
    I've yet to find a stealth map that's easier with 2 people than with 1,
    True.

Primary: Braton. You can buy the finished product for 50k credits, so no waiting for the thing to be built. Great all-around low-rank weapon.
    Latron. Very good MR0 weapon.
    Burston. MR0. My MR0 weapon of choice, it all depends on if you like the burst-fire.
    Boltor. MR2. Personally I don't like this one, but eh.
    Karak. MR2. Love this thing. It's basically the Braton's successor.

Secondary: Kunai. Great for stealth. MK1 sucks. MR2.
    Lex. Like the Braton, you can purchase it built for credits. Better than the Seer, really. Pocket sniper. Slow, high damage, practice those headshots.
    I guess Spira are kinda like Kunai but for MR1?
    Stug. It's named after a German assault gun. Also it's a sticky acid grenade launcher.
    Marelok is beast. MR5.
    My Steam profile

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally like the Twin Grakatas. That's the only secondary I use with regularity. Also, is buying Nikana before Rank 8 without a stance worth it?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

So, tired of not being able to equip my Sweeper Prime on my sentinel while using my most awesome Sancti Tigris, I actually leveled an entire new set of shotgun mods (except for Primed Point Blank as I only have one of those, and even if I did have two, that's a big investment just for the sentinel weapon) so I can use both at once.

If anyone is still having trouble with the J-3 Golem, I'll gladly help out.

I am B.
    Are you B?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

I built the Twin Grakatas.

Dakkadakkadakkadakkadakka
    My Steam profile