New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Why is your favorite class your favorite class?

Soulknife (specifically the one published by Dreamscarred Press for Pathfinder)
    - Why? because the soulknife can be built to cover almost any martial concept with the inclusions of archetypes and bladeskills, while never breaking the game due to being Tier 3-4. Because of this I can focus more on enjoying the game as opposed to worrying about whether my character is too weak or strong.

However, if we are limited to only D&D 3.5; I will probably have to go with a combination of Warlord, Swashbuckler, and Factotum (I multiclass and/or gestalt) because I like the synergy. If we are limited to a single class however, I would choose the Spirit Shaman, while not as powerful in any way to the Druid, I like its flavor and have always enjoyed playing it while utilizing Reserve Feats, it isn't optimized at all, but I find it enjoyable.

2. - Top - End - #32

Gishes are pure love, especially if they're of simple use. The important part is kicking ass in varied ways and being sort of pigeons on a chess board.

So the Psychic Warrior and the Warder give me that. Their variants are just as nice.

I'd include the Vizier, but its particular flavor of flexibility lacks the melee potency I enjoy
    so much, so it gets relegated to a gestalt favorite.

For prestige classes, the Animus Master gets it. It's "you are a gish: the prestige class", with the ultimate action economy you could want of a gish without going into shenanigans like linked power and schism.
    Last edited by Andreaz; 2015-09-23 at 12:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

My favorite is Binder, for a number of reasons. First I love the background and research they did into Ars Goetica. Second I love that it's got a good decisive flavor that actually pairs well with features, and that I like. It's also a reference of sorts to the moral panic against the "dark magic" during the 80s.

I also love playing binder because I constantly agonize over decisions. Binder presents a very small number of choices, and none of them are permanent, which makes a pleasant experience for me.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

4. - Top - End - #34

Cleric. Full caster with wide range of tactical spells and class features. Channel Energy, Remove Paralysis, Silence, Dispel Magic, Align Weapon, Death Ward, Flame Strike, Divine Power etc. Tools to keep the team fighting, blunt the enemy's most devastating attacks, break the enemy defences, artillery strike, or bolster the front-line yourself as needed.

And a wide range of utility spells. Speak with Dead, Water Breathing, Divination, Comprehend Languages, Make Whole etc. You even get all the spells allowed for your level, so chances are that you've got the solution tomorrow morning.

Let the mortals have their victories and their stolen gems, Cleric is the real reason the battles are won and the campaign succeeds.
    Matthew Greet
    My purpose in life is to play games.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout.

Tough and manly, but not ultra macho. Fleet, agile, acrobatic, athletic, stealthy, perceptive, woodcrafty, cunning. A skilled survivor (their bonus feat list includes the feats I like best, thematically), clad in light armor, using light bows/blades/axes. Is expected to wear camouflage (or at least green/brown). A loner, but who is often needed by others as a guide. Scout and skirmish are among my favorite words (too bad we can't squeeze "sniper" in here), and the skirmish combat style is my favorite, thematically, as well. Gets evasion, uncanny dodge, freedom of movement, blindsense/sight, and initiative bonuses. Seems a perfect fit to my favorite race (elves). Fits my favorite song.

Personally, I like to blend it with transmutation/illusion/abjuration arcane magic and the swiftblade class, but the exact blend is hard to choose.
    Spoiler: Ironcage Keep
    Show
    Initiative:

- Leo
    - Enemies
    - Frith (Light, 92 rounds), Obergrym (rage 5 rounds, 14/17 hp), Melrik - CURRENT
    - Enemies
    - Jade
    - Enemies