New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default {IC} Aleris Beginnings: Taming the Westerlands

The citizenry have spoken and the required Dukes have agreed - the Westerlands must have official representation within Aleris. The new Ductchess, Reianna Stormguard has been selected and affirmed. She has the large task of bringing the area into civilization.

There are several known threats to the area: Kobolds, Hill Giants, Wildling Drakes, and the mountain chain known as "Death's Door" which also extends into the Deep Sea. Several major islands dot the area in the sea as well, with their own indiginous flora and fauna waiting to be discovered. The Birdfolk have several communities throughout the Westerlands and haven't been terribly fond of outsiders to date.

The people who currently reside in the Westerlands are hearty, but disorganized. Several small cities exsist, but larger communities are extreemly rare. Farming has been nearly impossible to impliment here, as they haven't harnessed the power of Alaerum, nor are they secure in their settlements enough to harvest season after season.

You have for love of country signed up to be a part of this campaign. You'll be lead by Reianna herself. The plan is for two large airships to leave from the First Five district in two days.

For a few weeks you've been planning and loading, and practicing with different groups of people. You've also had to do a lot of paperwork. Reianna keeps a tight ship it seems.

It was three days before the two airships are supposed to take-off, when a gift arrived. A third airship! The first two held 600 each, and this new one, though smaller, allows for an additional 400 people to be part of the excursion. The crew that delivered it said the donor wished to remain annonymous.

With this new resource, many people who were initially turned down to join the venture were recalled, new calculations for food and supplies are being made. Staffing is being checked and double checked.

You've been called to inspection. There are around 300 people standing ready at this call.

The old Alerumball stadium served this purpose well. Several hundred square feet of open space. The old nets and raised platforms were in good repair since normally this was used for lower level games and practice. But now, all the armed folks standing at different levels of attention were not the norm here.

Something catches your eye...

Reianna Stormguard herself is here. Wow, she looks the part for sure. Wearing a full set of battle ready regalia, she walks around with no-nonsense, occasionally making notes to her associates and advisors who follow her. She asks about several groups of people, and occasionally asks individuals questions.

Oh god, she's stopping... she's looking at me. Ok - answer her!

You there. Yes, you.

Why are you here?
    Who do you serve?
    What special skills do you bring with you?

Most people answered the first question with something like "for the glory of Aleris or somesuch. The second with any associations that they have - All the guard units were most common answers, nobody from the Darkwicks however. One young man said he worked for House of Traia, another two for Darkthorn, several for the Wing Valetta, a great many said for Aleris again, and a small handful for the Azure Maw.

As for the special skills question - some folks either answered that they were there to help run some part of the ship, or to build buildings, civic design, tradesmen, or other non-combat sorts of roles. Others said they were fighters. Only a few said anything about being skilled in particular.

One answer did catch Reianna's attention however. A young man who was apparently from the Darkthorn house said that he "knew ways to make the dead to work for the living". She listened to the young and well dressed(if outlandish) man, asked him a few follow up questions(dc 15 perception to hear...).

A few others had specific answers and got similar individual attention.

Seems to me that I should try to get some positive attention here...

Spoiler
    Show
    PC's, now's your chance to make a good impression! What do you say when Reianna calls on you?
    Last edited by NeverSleep; 2015-09-26 at 10:32 AM.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: {IC} Aleris Beginnings: Taming the Westerlands

Quote Originally Posted by Reianna Stormguard
    Why are you here?
    "For Aleris and to prove to the officers that they should have promoted me ages ago." Audri says in a tone that implies she's half joking.

Who do you serve?
    "The Brightguard and now I suppose you your Grace." she says in a no nonsense way.

"Well I hold the rank of Private as Brightgaurd and Skyguard, and I've held them too long, so I can fight, pilot, and maintain an airship. I can spit fire both figuratively and literally." She gives a grin and continues, "I have this tricky bit of Alerum Mech" she turns a bit and points a thumb over her back to the Alerum Mech strapped to her back, "that can give me a short boost of speed and allows me a controlled descent even if I fall off a ship mid flight. If I had a small airship I could get it higher than where most people get altitude sickness and well... I'm just tougher than I look ma'am." This last bit is probably an eyebrow raiser since she already looks pretty dang tough. "Not that better armor would hurt." she finishes with a shrug, indicating her scale mail, which she really wished was a breastplate or half-plate.

As an afterthought she adds, "Oh and I guess during down time I could mix you just about any drink you'd like." she finishes with a smile, indicating this was another joke since the duchess was pretty unlikely to drink with those under her command.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-09-24 at 08:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

((Messed up my perception roll (I put an s instead of a d) and you can't edit in roll to a post....

Perception: (1d20+3)[8] ))

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Ivad blinked at the commanding officer, whoever she was. Ivad didn't really know anymore. There had been so much excitement lately, it was making his head swim. To think, a third airship... and now even the scholars could come!

"Whooo? Me?" The question wasn't rhetorical, but the steely gaze of the woman made it that way.

"Ah, no reason, really. Just curious about the people out there, and the animals, and that sort of thing. I don't really serve anyone... I guess I work for my peers, and fellow scholars. Or perhaps the world at large? Or is it... are you the person I work for now? Mm... well, that doesn't matter really. I work for myself most of the time. And my skills? I am quite knowledgeable, and I can keep wild beasts at bay. Well, usually. If there aren't too many at once. I'm also quite talented as an herbalist, and I know a bit of the druidic arts as well. Probably most useful is my ability to convince the savage beasts to aid us, rather than slaughter us. Though, with such a large force, I'm sure we'll be fine either way. So, perhaps my vast areas of expertise intellectually are my primary asset?"

The elf abruptly stopped speaking just as quickly as he had started and smiled broadly at the finely dressed Ductchess. Just as she looked like she was about to speak again, he suddenly added, "You know, that armor is rather dashing. You make a rather handsome woman. I'm glad you're the leader. Always nice to have the face of someone so charming plastered all over the place. Are you going to be on our money as well?"
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2015-09-24 at 11:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

You there. Yes, you. Who me!
    Why are you here? Because someone said get in formation[/COLOR]
    Who do you serve? that is an interestion question, I serve a deity, I serve an organization, and I suppose I serve you for now.
    What special skills do you bring with you? I find things

6. - Top - End - #6

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    "For Aleris and to prove to the officers that they should have promoted me ages ago." Audri says in a tone that implies she's half joking.

"The Brightguard and now I suppose you your Grace." she says in a no nonsense way.

"Well I hold the rank of Private as Brightgaurd and Skyguard, and I've held them too long, so I can fight, pilot, and maintain an airship. I can spit fire both figuratively and literally." She gives a grin and continues, "I have this tricky bit of Alerum Mech" she turns a bit and points a thumb over her back to the Alerum Mech strapped to her back, "that can give me a short boost of speed and allows me a controlled descent even if I fall off a ship mid flight. If I had a small airship I could get it higher than where most people get altitude sickness and well... I'm just tougher than I look ma'am." This last bit is probably an eyebrow raiser since she already looks pretty dang tough. "Not that better armor would hurt." she finishes with a shrug, indicating her scale mail, which she really wished was a breastplate or half-plate.

As an afterthought she adds, "Oh and I guess during down time I could mix you just about any drink you'd like." she finishes with a smile, indicating this was another joke since the duchess was pretty unlikely to drink with those under her command.
    Why don't you show me? The mech I mean... Obviously she was momentarily thrown off by the forward statement that Audri had made - she nodded to an associate and said. G14.

The associate who was making notes was a halfling, but there was a hefty dragon born who seemed most moved by the designation. He carries significant weight and has a sheathed great sword on his back. He wore a patch over one eye. There was a scare that took a path through that area.

And why this one Duchess? Because I said so. Let's just call it intuition.
    Last edited by NeverSleep; 2015-09-25 at 09:37 PM.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

7. - Top - End - #7

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    "Ah, no reason, really. Just curious about the people out there, and the animals, and that sort of thing. I don't really serve anyone... I guess I work for my peers, and fellow scholars. Or perhaps the world at large? Or is it... are you the person I work for now? Mm... well, that doesn't matter really. I work for myself most of the time. And my skills? I am quite knowledgeable, and I can keep wild beasts at bay. Well, usually. If there aren't too many at once. I'm also quite talented as an herbalist, and I know a bit of the druidic arts as well. Probably most useful is my ability to convince the savage beasts to aid us, rather than slaughter us. Though, with such a large force, I'm sure we'll be fine either way. So, perhaps my vast areas of expertise intellectually are my primary asset?"

The elf abruptly stopped speaking just as quickly as he had started and smiled broadly at the finely dressed Ductchess. Just as she looked like she was about to speak again, he suddenly added, "You know, that armor is rather dashing. You make a rather handsome woman. I'm glad you're the leader. Always nice to have the face of someone so charming plastered all over the place. Are you going to be on our money as well?"

This one. G14.
    She said to the side... the dragon-born nodded and grunted in approval. I've heard of your skills. I will be depending on you to keep people safe. Don't let me down. And no, I won't be on any coins unless this excursion is incredibly glorious. But let's hope so. She said that last one with a smile, belaying the fact that she must have some sort of sense of humor not to deep within her.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

8. - Top - End - #8

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    You there. Yes, you. Who me!
    Why are you here? Because someone said get in formation[/COLOR]
    Who do you serve? that is an interestion question, I serve a deity, I serve an organization, and I suppose I serve you for now.
    What special skills do you bring with you? I find things
    An associate whispers in Reianna's ear.

G14. Moving on.

Aww come on?! Really the short one? Why would we need...

The pair moved on as the dragon-born tried to convince Reianna not to put the halfling on "G14".
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Audri nods and looks around for something to climb. She notices one of the raised platforms and makes her way over to it through the throng of people. When she reaches it she simply begins climbing up it ignoring any conventional grips and instead grabbing wherever is most convenient for her and climbs it in short order that looks nearly effortless. When she is atop of it she hops off and fires up her mech which thrusts her silently up into the air going the general direction of where she'd come from. If one were not looking directly at the mech they wouldn't notice a few places were it lit up a bit, though they would notice the sheets of... some strange material... attach themselves to Audri's arms by themselves, and thus would probably think the wings this appeared to give her had something to do with the flight it granted. After but a moment she ceases to rise in the air and begins to glide down. On the way down she performs a few turns to show that she can in fact control the descent and isn't simply falling to the ground. Once she lands the wings recede and she walks a bit closer to the Duchess, having landed a few extra feet away as she didn't want to risk bumping into anyone. She then simply stands there as if saying, "Ok. I showed you."

10. - Top - End - #10

NinjaGuy

Glad to see it. Impressive. Far more mobile than that dragoon augmentation. Do you know how to make these?

Further, you have shown you can descend without peril. I find this to be uniquely useful... Definetly G14 material. Thank you Audri. That will be all for now.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Audri shakes her head no and says, "Sadly no. It's a family heirloom and it only seems to work for members of my family."

She nods at the Duchess as she departs.

12. - Top - End - #12

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by NeverSleep View Post

Why are you here?
    "Oh, well, you know, when Madame Traia bakes you a fresh apple pie and asks you to enlist in a live-threatening expedition, there is just no saying "no" to that sweet woman. Even if she didn't actually bake you a pie."

Who do you serve?
    "Officially a free agent, Ma'am, aside from my service to you in this expedition. Don't mistake me. I'm not like lazy and petulant water, always seeking the lowest ground as it runs a meandering course. That's not me at all. Its just that my work requires of me a measure of impartiality, the freedom to walk through any door and be welcomed, and you can't have that if you go around collecting the enemy of every organization.

Closest thing to official affiliations would be that I'm an organist for the House of Traia. That is, the brass and alaerum kind, and not the kind of organs House of Traia employees more commonly specialize in.

In practice, my work for them is all about making connections with people. Again, not the physical connects the House of Traia is famous for, but social connections: opening doors, making introductions, mediating negotiations, getting contracts... that kind of thing.

Of course, sometimes I do love to take House of Traia patrons for a wild ride; I give tours of the city in the limo House of Traia has let me use, and few know the Aleris nightlife better than I."

"Aside from being a gorgeous musician, talented cook, deadly pistoleer, master of minor magics and able to pulls coins from ears seven out of twelve times on command, I am the social lubricant that makes society work. Without me, and people like me, societies are either a clockwork toy mechanistically winding down, or barbarity unable to grow beyond a mob.

Also, with words alone I can make a made bleed from his every facial orifice. I have never checked the effects on other orifices, and I never plan to."
    Last edited by Entelechy; 2015-09-28 at 06:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

NinjaGuy

*Snort*

Such a reaction was both unladylike and decidedly un-regal. When Reianna made this noise after the "organ" line, the tension that had seemed built up in the group of associates let down for a moment, and more than one of them laughed. So did a few lesser diciplened folks nearby. You could see under a lowered visor one of the knights cracked a wide toothed grin.

They listened to the rest of your introduction with open ears and an easy countenance.

Eventually the dragonborn lifted his eyepatch and stared at the diplomat. A dark emerald green gem took the place of an eye. He said: "Yeah, G14."

Yes, you can have him. He's the whole reason we're building this team. House of Traia's donation of a vehicle like his will be incredibly useful for smaller diplomatic missions and excursions.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

14. - Top - End - #14

NinjaGuy

The day wore on and eventually several divisions were released. Then a few more, then everyone.

Back to some training for the soldier types. Sailors went back to checking and double checking the ships. Accountants and financiers double checked for supplies and economic stability.

Eventually you were called as a "G14" to a meeting with your superior where you were told this:

"The G14 designation you recieved is one of a few small mixed units. These units are intended for use when a wide range of skills is needed. Also, when we can't send in a full division. When you're called upon, you are relieved of the duties within your divisions replacing them with service of the unit. These details are known to your commanding officers."
    --->>Day One: Taking Flight<<--
    Somewhere a bottle of fine sparkling elvin wine was broken onto each vessel before they took flight. You couldn't see because you were on-board the airship newly named "Longview".

The ship was smaller than the other two, at only 400 crew and passengers combined. It flew a bit faster, but was only lightly armed for traditional air combat.

There was a large band that saw you off, and a huge throng of political big-wigs, nobles, and common folk who were there wishing you well.

--->>Day Three: The Drop<<---
    Something is wrong. The crew has begun running aruond like mad. Someone said you're losing altitude and quickly! There is only a few minutes before the gigantic airship goes down!

Spoiler
    Show
    What would you be doing on a normal day at around noon? How would you jump into action at this moment?
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Audri steps back away from the railing where she had been watching the land below as they flew and looks around to see if she can tell what's wrong without bothering anyone within a few seconds. If she can't she walks up to the nearest person who isn't running off somewhere else and asks what's wrong.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Ivad had spent nearly all of the journey reading whatever books he could find, and studying the properties of alerum. He had caused a few explosions here and there, but they were largely contained.

When the ship began to plummet, Ivad assumed they were just landing until he sensed an air of panic. Disgruntled at having one of his experiments interrupted, Ivad nevertheless went to investigate. Grabbing the first crewman he saw, he asked earnestly "What is the issue, and where should I go to help?"

17. - Top - End - #17

NinjaGuy

The crewmen respond:

"There's a problem with the attunement crystals! The alaerum started burning through flasks quicker than people could put them in, and now we're about to start free falling! Anybody who knows anything about Alaerum should get to the crystal room fast!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge 18(general int check) or Knowledge Arcane 15 will tell you that you could significantly slow descent by attuning the alaerum flow by hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anybody who is upper deck, perception check please.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Without feeling the need to hurry much, Ivad hustled but didn't run to go fix the problem.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+4)[17] Know Arcana
    (d20+4)[24] If I have advantage for Alerum, which I think I would because of my race, and profession.

Upon arrival, Ivad silently sets to work manipulating the alerum as best as he can to end the rapid decent.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2015-10-05 at 02:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

Ivad reached the crystal room with no trouble, and when he got there he saw only a few mages hurriedly working with the crystal mechanism. Two more were looking at the actual crystal.

Ivad knew that those two were seekers. They tended to theorize more than act. They seem to be observing the crystal but taking no actions to correct the issue.

"Can you help!? Get over here! We've slowed descent some, but we're losing ground!"
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Hush. Yelling at it won't fix it. You aren't barbarians. Keep your emotions in check. " Ivad spoke without emotion and looked at the scene.

"Yes. I can fix this." Ivad said calmly and set to work fixing it.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

((Hmmmm, I am proficient with alerum repair and stuff so I guess I get to apply that to the knowledge check? If not just subtract 2 from my result. (1d20+2)[14]
    Perception: (1d20+3)[21] ))

22. - Top - End - #22

NinjaGuy

Audri spots in the distance strange figurew in the sky. Taking a moment to focus on it, it is winged beasts. Likely a drake, or a maybe a Roc? There's no way it could be a dragon... right? It is awfully large for how far away it is...

There is a man standing next to you - the one from that day on the alaerumball field. The one who said he could make the dead work for a living or something like that.

"Well, I don't know where my skills would be most useful. What say you Audri? Shall I stay here, or go tend to the crystals?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Audri, will you stay up top or go down to the crystal room?

Spoiler
    Show

The mechanism needs special attention. You will be able to make a quick fix to keep the boat afloat by temporarily bypassing the attunement crystal and attuning by hand!

You have enough time to make rounds of checks before it is to late:

(1d6+2)[7]
    Mages each get to make one each at +7 each round.

The formula is K.Arcana, or general int +5 per level of spell slot expended to fix the machine(cantrips are +1). Having craft alaerum, similar, or being an Alaestung will grant advantage on these checks.

You need to make the following checks:

You need to make them in order... Roll initiative!

Mages:
    (1d20+1)[9]
    Last edited by NeverSleep; 2015-10-06 at 09:52 AM.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmmmm. That doesn't look good." Audri says pointing out the probably-a-dragon-because-that's-how-her-luck-works. "Well, you're a mage right uh.... what's your name again? Anyway, come with me, they'll probably need magey stuff to fix whatever's wrong." And she leads/drags necromancer-guy to the crystal room. Once there she says, "Well, looks like someone's already here. Great. Well, just help them however they say ok? I'm going back up to keep an eye on the thing we saw." And so Audri ditches the necromancer-guy and goes back up onto the deck to keep an eye on the approaching big-thing.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-10-06 at 01:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

NinjaGuy

I'm Thomey. And I'll thank you not to touch these fine garments. He dusts of his clothes as he and Audri make their way down to the crystal room.

I suppose I can help here. Ugh.. and to think we could all be dead shortly.

He spoke the last as if it were a wish and not a fear.

Spoiler
    Show

Base roll for Thomey's knowledge about the situation:
    (1d20)[4]
    Base roll for Thomey's spot in initiative
    (1d20)[11]

Upon heading back up to the landing Audri could now clearly see what he had been worried about earlier. It was now much closer. Probably only a minute or so away. The only thing is... nobody else was on the top deck. It seems like nobody is aware of this thing.

As it gets closer you can definetly see draconic features... Wait... there's two? Yes, there are two. drakes certainly... Yes - scales and webbed wings... They are headed directly for the ship!

Audri:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Audri knows the that "Longview" is the lead ship because of its speed. You cannot see the other ships currently. It is likely that a message has been magically transmitted somehow but perhaps only about the crystal issue. Nobody else seems to be aware of this looming threat.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Audri runs off to tell the captain of the ship about the drakes.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Ivad set to work.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[20] Initiative
    Make checks until the DC is 25, and I will evaluate after that.
    (2d20b1)[18]+6 Knowledge Arcana
    (2d20b1)[14]+6 Knowledge Arcana
    (2d20b1)[7]+6 Knowledge Arcana
    (2d20b1)[7]+6 Knowledge Arcana
    (2d20b1)[10]+6 Knowledge Arcana
    (2d20b1)[20]+6 Knowledge Arcana
    (2d20b1)[9]+6 Knowledge Arcana
    (2d20b1)[19]+6 Knowledge Arcana

27. - Top - End - #27

GreenSorcererElf

C'ris sat cross-legged on the hanger floor, sandwich in the left hand, cards in the right, and a pile of pennies in front.

"Raise,"
    C'ris says through a mouthful of bread, and pushed to coppers to the pot with a toe. Grumbling, two other players folded, leaving only C'ris and a fire-eyed youth who had not yet learned to know fear or hide tells. All his coppers slid forward into the pot.

"All in, eh?" C'ris grinned.

"No, the ship"
    the youth said, wide-eyed. Coppers tumbled and rolled amid curses as the floor pitched and everyone tried to grab what was (mostly) theirs.

"We're going down,"
    one of the mechanics said with matter of fact calm, unphased by the situation. He stood up and stretched leisurely, "Best get the small craft ready for an evac.

"The damn crystals must be out of attunement," grumbled a one-eyed veteran, her face splotchy with machine grease.

"Attunement?" C'ris repeated, "I can do something about that."

With a jingle, C'ris tossed the youth the crystal activators for the taxi, "Hey kid, bring the limo around to the third level aft balcony. If I can't get these crystals working, I might need to bail fast.

C'ris set off for the attunement room, only, to find it already half-overrun with helpful hands.

"Put me to work," C'ris said, grabbing the shoulder of someone who looks like they know what they are doing.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20+4)[14]

I love Jack of all trades and getting half-proficiency with initiative. And all skills, including craft alaerum. Does that give me an advantage? I will roll twice for each roll just in case, and ignore the first if I don't get an advantage. I am also going to give all my bardic inspiration dice to whoever is doing the best once the DC gets over 20.

Round 1 (1d20+2)[10](1d20+2)[13]
    Round (1d20+2)[7](1d20+2)[5]
    Round 3 (1d20+2)[14](1d20+2)[13]
    Round 4 (1d20+2)[15](1d20+2)[19]
    Round 5 (1d20+2)[8](1d20+2)[14]
    Round 6 (1d20+2)[15](1d20+2)[21]
    Round 7 (1d20+2)[7](1d20+2)[7]

28. - Top - End - #28

NinjaGuy

In the first few moments the crew in the crystal attunement room were panicked.

The proposition of this huge ship going down were all to real, but everybody set to work attuning the needed alerum by hand. The first few minutes were easy enough, as the alaerum simply needed to be refocused in the correct direction.

The mages who were on hand were really nailing the procedure, and some of the crewmen who came down were very helpful too. Thomey however, couldn't seem to wrap his head around the problem at the moment. He seemed to be more of a hinderance than a help.

They came upon a few difficulties a few minutes into the exersize. A crewmember shouted from above deck "crash is iminent! Take precautions!" Some crew members debated jumping ship with their "Soft Landers"(chaps with a single burst of alerum tal to be used to cushion a hard landing in case of emergency). None did so at this time.

The crystal workers began to hit some difficulty when the focusing lenses seemed to be out of place. An arcane focus, the lenses seemed tampered with. This was likely the cause of issues.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the result of the first 3 checks here... We'll get to the second half in the next update!

Meanwhile...

The captain of the ship Bruns Rightgold, a halfling of keen intelect, was informed of the spotting of two drakes off of starboard.

"Listen here Audri, it's all I can do to keep this thing verticle until the crystals are re-aligned. Can I ask you to stand up towards the drakes? Maybe they're not coming for us, but I've got my hands full at the moment - Johnson, aft 49 degrees! 49! I'll do it myself!!

Audri, take Akon with you, he's right outside the door."

Spoiler
    Show
    Akon is a bard whom you've met on occasion. His musical skills are pretty good, and he's a charismatic young human.

With that the captain went back to giving orders to the 4 crewmen in the cabin with him.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Audri looks at Akon and says, "What am I supposed to do with a musician? I don't suppose you can use a bow or a rifle can you?"

30. - Top - End - #30

NinjaGuy

"Well, I happen to know how to use both! But perhaps we're not looking to destroy these things for my words make better..."

Akon trailed off and pointed to the sky. The large drakes are coming in fast, and they look aggressive!

Only a few moments until they are within 100'.

Spoiler
    Show
    What's the plan up here Audri?
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com